GUILTY MS - Ethel Winstead Simpson, 81, Clinton, 13 Sept 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www2.oanow.com/news/2010/sep/17/jasper-man-charged-attempted-murder-lee-county-ar-843617/

Link to article plus videos with detail about arrest of Hutto and video with detailed interview with Jan Cossitt, the woman from the health center.

Hutto made his first impression in Lee County Friday morning. Mark Ambers Cox, 56, of Opelika, suffered multiple stab wounds to his neck and other lacerations after coming in contact with Hutto in the 5300 block of Highway 29 North in Opelika. Cox was transported to East Alabama Medical Center, then transferred to UAB Hospital in Birmingham.

According to Cox, Hutto appeared interested in purchasing property from him. According to police reports, the two went to an area near Cox’s home, where the assault occurred.
Police issued a lookout for Hutto’s vehicle at 10:45 a.m., and Auburn police found a vehicle that matched the description and followed it to Interstate 85 and Wire Road. Hutto exited the interstate and turned east on U.S. Highway 80. Minutes later, he was pulled over in Marvyn and a brief struggle followed. There were no reported injuries.

:(
Body found in Edwards believed to be missing woman
EDWARDS, MS (WLBT) - Hinds County investigators have found a body on Highway 22 in Edwards.
Officials believe it is the body of Clinton resident Ethel Simpson, who has been missing since Monday night.
more..
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13175858

So sad, but not surprising, once Hutto was caught driving her car alone.
RIP Ethel. May your life have been wonderful and full.

I'm heartbroken for Ethel... :cry:... rest in peace.

All cases I read about bother me but the ones against the elderly and children are the hardest. I will never understand why someone can do this. This one bothers me a lot.

Western Hinds County, ugh, I knew it. This is the FIFTH body that I can think of that was left in this area, and that's off the top of my head. The law enforcement boyfriend and I were going to drive around out there tomorrow to see if we could find anything.

Sad, awful news. Found out from one of the articles that she went to my childhood church, where my parents still attend. Will see if mom can tell me anything that hasn't been in the news.

So sad. Rest in Peace dear Ethel.

So sorry your compassion and loving heart was taken advantage of by a monster.

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2010/sep/17/jasper-man-charged-attempted-murder-lee-county-ar-843617/

Link to article plus videos with detail about arrest of Hutto and video with detailed interview with Jan Cossitt, the woman from the health center.

Reading this, it seems that he also attacked another man in this short period of time. That's three people, including poor Ethel. It's a tragedy when anyone is killed, but Ethel seemed to enjoy life to the absolute fullest, which makes it even worse. RIP, Ethel.

My heartfelt sympathy to all those who love and care for Ethel. Sounds like Ethel has enjoyed life to the fullest and will now rest in peace. :blowkiss:

UTTER SCUM! vulnerable old ladies........RIP Ethel

All cases I read about bother me but the ones against the elderly and children are the hardest. I will never understand why someone can do this. This one bothers me a lot.

I feel ya and agree with you on that, I hate it when this happens to anyone..but when it's a child or older person it makes it so much sadder, because both age groups are so vulnerable. Her son said that she wanted to go out to eat that night but couldn't find anyone to go with her, which is soooo sad to me...she was looking for a friend in this loser and he did God only knows what to her. And her poor son (only child) lives in Texas, I am hurting for him too...his father died a few years ao.

Updated article indicates she may have experienced blunt trauma to her head and chest. doesn't even begin...

Also states that police in Brookhaven, MS are interested in speaking with him about an 83-year-old woman missing since '05.

At least, if these remains are in fact Ms. Simpson, her family will know for certain what happened, and weren't left in limbo for years like so many others.

May justice for this sweet lady, and all his other victims, be swift.

Updated article indicates she may have experienced blunt trauma to her head and chest. doesn't even begin...

Also states that police in Brookhaven, MS are interested in speaking with him about an 83-year-old woman missing since '05.

At least, if these remains are in fact Ms. Simpson, her family will know for certain what happened, and weren't left in limbo for years like so many others.

May justice for this sweet lady, and all his other victims, be swift.

Link is not working as there is a double http:// in the address.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100918/NEWS/9180351/&template=artiphone

Ok so if I am reading the article right he is not only being questioned about Ms. Simpson, but also the death of a relative and the stabbing of a man that showed him property all around the same time frame, as well as a older case for the disappearance of Virginia Ratliff, 83.

Why in the heck was this man even let out of prison ! He only served a little over 3 years of his ten year sentence, and now we have 2 people dead, one in serious condition.

I will never understand our system, I know there is overcrowding but if we would just off the worst of the worst instead of keeping them alive we wouldn't have a overcrowding problem and perhaps less crime if they knew the could die for it !

Prayers ..................

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100918/NEWS/9180351/&template=artiphone

This is just getting worse. I am so sad to hear about Ethel. Even though I knew that this would be the result, I am having a hard time hearing the news this morning.

RIP Ethel.

I'm confused...why would it take 4-5 days to get from Vermont to Mississippi??? I haven't seen anything about his whereabouts in the days before he was in Mississippi on September 13 but he had time to be in Vermont as well.

Pat went missing Friday September 10 or early September 11.

Even if he left Vermont 12+ hours later, Saturday night, he still had more than 36 hours and could have easily been in Mississippi by Monday morning. (Unless there is construction or weather I am unaware of???)

He was seen in Mississippi in the afternoon on September 13th. Ethel went missing later in the day Monday September 13.

The police insist Ethel's case is an isolated incident... so apparently he's not involved. However, he definitely had TIME to be in both places.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...2,0.220757&g=clinton,+mississippi&ie=UTF8&z=5

What's odd is the case of Mary O'Hagan-78yo from MS. She went missing on Sept 9th. LE won't say why, but they immediately pulled out all of the stops and treated this as an abduction.

The only reason I'm posting this is on the off chance that maybe they are connected.

Link to Mary's case below:
VT VT - Mary Pat O'Hagan - 78 years old - Sheffield - September 10, 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: 4-5 days to get from VT to MS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back