Found Deceased MS - Helerica “Latrice” Dortch, 31, Domino's Pizza driver, Canton, 13 Dec 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A car belonging to a Domino's Pizza employee has been found abandoned, but the woman driving it remains missing. Helerica “Latrice” Dortch, 31, was last seen around 2 p.m. Friday. She left Domino’s Pizza on Peace Street in Canton in a 2015 maroon Chevrolet Malibu. She is described as 5 feet 7 inches and about 165 pounds. She was wearing Domino’s work clothes.

Domino's employee in Canton missing, car found. Authorities seek help in finding her.

47e2d5d7-0e31-4f8b-b095-3832f268654a-missing_woman.jpg

MISSING DOMINO’s WORKER Helerica “Latrice” Dortch, 31 Last seen Friday, December 13 around 2:00 p.m. wearing uniform. Left Domino’s on Peace Street in Canton driving a 2015 maroon Chevrolet Malibu. Car was found abandoned. Call Madison Co. Sheriff’s Dept at 601-859-2345 with info

EL3hugfW4AAyGOG.jpeg EL3hugcWsAIWQcn.jpeg
Erin Pickens on Twitter

Madison County pizza delivery driver missing

She left work in a 2015 maroon Chevrolet Malibu. Her car was found abandoned. Dortch is described as a “Black female with a height of 5’07”, weighs 165 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes.” Authorities said she was last seen wearing her Domino’s Pizza uniform.

The owner of the Domino's location where Dortch works, says the franchise and employees are “fully cooperating with law enforcement,” but “declined to say whether Dortch was making a delivery or leaving work when she was last seen, citing the ongoing police investigation.”

Canton, Mississippi Authorities Need Help Finding Woman Who Vanished After Leaving Work At Domino's Pizza

“Dortch, who alternated living with her mother and her aunt with her 8-year-old son, mostly kept to herself. Described as a "very sweet hearted" person who "didn't talk much", she would "pop up" at her aunt's house either once a week or every other week, but it was common for family members to go for periods of time without seeing her.

"She was just to herself," Tammie Dortch said. "Sometimes, she would pull up in my driveway and go to sleep in her own car. We were used to that. We wouldn't even feel the need to call her because we know that's just her way."
————
Very odd living arrangement - popping in, sleeping in car, with an 8 year old - hopefully with family now. Such sad news and prayers for them.

awwww...

Also from the link in post 9^

"She was so private to the point where we only knew one friend," Tammie Dortch said. "We don't know any boyfriend, any other friends, where she hung out, where she kicked back at, we don't know any clubs she went to, any concerts she went to, we don't know anything...we wouldn't have even known that she was missing if her car wasn't found."

. . . .

No one in the family can sleep.

The young women no longer feel safe driving at night.

They're considering buying a gun.

"Nothing seems to be helping to ease the pain," Tammie Dortch said.
---------------------------------
BBM - interesting... are they assuming foul play? How would a gun help? (not to get political or too O/T...) (no idea why italics will not turn off.... grumble grumble...)

"If he hadn't been out there feeding his cows, we would have never known she was missing," Tammie Dortch said. "We would think 'We'll see her next week sometime. She'll pop up eventually.'"
Who is 'we' in this context? If she lived with her mom, wouldn't her mom think something was up after Latrice doesn't come home, especially if they didn't know of any boyfriend etc?

"She was just to herself," Tammie Dortch said. "Sometimes, she would pull up in my driveway and go to sleep in her own car. We were used to that. We wouldn't even feel the need to call her because we know that's just her way."

Why? See the note on her profile https://www.facebook.com/amw39046
She is not really that private.

But as they were planning to search the woods Tuesday, Tammie Dortch said: "That is not what happened this time. I'm feeling like someone took her. This is just so different. She would never walk off and abandon her phone, her phone is her heart."

I agree, I don't think she self harmed and I do think there are men in her life.

Why don’t they feel safe? Are they suspecting foul play and whoever killed her is going to come after them? Where is her 8 year old son? I hope he is safe!

I think because of the crime near the area they live in. There are nearby areas that Domino's no longer delivers to because of the gang related crime. It is really high right now in nearby Jackson and is spilling over in that area.

I think because of the crime near the area they live in. There are nearby areas that Domino's no longer delivers to because of the gang related crime. It is really high right now in nearby Jackson and is spilling over in that area.

Another Domino's driver was brutally attacked, robbed and they stole his car just this past weekend nearby. I expect this to be related.

Domino’s employee robbed of his phone, money and car in Jackson

awwww...

Also from the link in post 9^

"She was so private to the point where we only knew one friend," Tammie Dortch said. "We don't know any boyfriend, any other friends, where she hung out, where she kicked back at, we don't know any clubs she went to, any concerts she went to, we don't know anything...we wouldn't have even known that she was missing if her car wasn't found."

. . . .

No one in the family can sleep.

The young women no longer feel safe driving at night.

They're considering buying a gun.

"Nothing seems to be helping to ease the pain," Tammie Dortch said.
---------------------------------
BBM - interesting... are they assuming foul play? How would a gun help? (not to get political or too O/T...) (no idea why italics will not turn off.... grumble grumble...)
This is really heartbreaking..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97