MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she stopped at a party, it would seem as though someone would have come forward as a witness by now. Unless, it was a small party-a couple of friends who are the actual perpetrators.

Or she didn't go in, just picked someone up?

looking at skibaboo's photo and arrow, I wonder if there was someone in her car, kidnapped her and forcing her to drive somewhere and she intentionally ran off the road and crashed on purpose before they got too far away. She either was knocked out by the crash or was beat by the other occupant. Then a following accomplice stopped and they set the car on fire right there.

I have to agree with this. While the video isn't clear enough to be 100% certain, the back and forth motion of her hand sure looks like someone rubbing a cigarette out into the pavement and not a motion of someone picking up a penny.
Dont' mean to be argumentative....but does it really matter if she smoked??? alot of kids do stuff their families know nothing about....what matters is who tortured and murdered this precious young woman....................

Hey guys. I've been lurking, but needed to add my 2 cents.

-I was curious as to why DT was brought in for questioning (and was the only one named). If you run a Google search of his name, you will find a case with an identical name in it. The age is a few years off, and this person should still be incarcerated, but I also saw some appeals documents. Read the case. It is freakishly similar. Woman was hit on the head and set on fire after being followed into her house.

-Police might be saying street talk is quiet, so they don't put anyone in danger. No one has been arrested, so someone saw something in a remote area, and all of a sudden the police know about it, it would be easy for a criminal to know who 'snitched'.

-Another thing that keeps getting me is the clerk. The statements he made are odd to me. They weren't friends or anything, but she was a regular customer. Why would he say she'd tell him if something was wrong? I'm from a small town, and most places know me by name. I would never tell them about my personal life, though. Also..She usually puts $5 or so in her tank, but that day she put $14 in. I find it odd that he made sure to mention that he asked her why, and she said she's going somewhere. You'd think with that casual of a conversation about gas, his next question would have been 'oh where are you going?'. The more I think about it, the more I just wonder why someone would ask a customer why they're getting 'so much' gas.
-All news articles I've seen say that she entered the store, paid $14, received phone call, pumped gas, then re entered to buy cigarettes, and left. Why prepay for $14 of gas, unless that's the last of your money? Remember..she then re entered to buy cigarettes, so she had to have had more money. Was the person she talked to off camera someone who was under 18, and wanting her to buy them? Were there any calls made from inside the gas station around that time?

These are just thoughts running through my head. I tried to make sense of them, but you know how that goes... I'm not accusing anyone. They are just different avenues to look at.

I can see her going in to buy gas, pumping, and thinking "shoot, I need more cigarettes" and going back in. I can't tell you how many times I see people go back in after they pay for their gas.

My heart goes out to this young lady and her loved ones.

I too am curious about statements made by the clerk. If she typically only put $5 in every few days, a $14 fill would certainly pique a clerks interest, especially in a small community. Is it confirmed that all the gas paid for was pumped into the car, or was a portion stored in a jerry can for future/alternate use ?

Absolutely no disrespect to the deceased or her family when I ask .. Is there any possibility her injuries were self-inflicted in some form or fashion, intentional or otherwise ? Was there evidence suggesting she had been bound or restrained in some fashion ? Her attackers would have also had accelerant on them, wouldn't they ?

I shudder to think that she was still walking and able to speak when she was found. One statement suggested that accelerant had been introduced into her mouth and trachea. If she was still able to speak when she was found, thhe time frame between the assault and LE arriving on scene would have been relatively short.

Excuse my crude marking but like this

View attachment 65367

That was my original thought too @skiaboo but, her car was actually on the opposite side of the road!

location of where JC's car was found on the map

2up4xt0.jpg

I'm thinking she didn't just "run off the road" now that I think more about it and look at the pictures. It's pretty rural, and there don't seem to be many driveways close to each other, etc. Meaning, if she was just run off the road in the dark (are there a lot of street lamps there - doesn't look like there would be), it sure was coincidental that it wasn't into a ditch or straight into a tree or something. She just happened to run up the embankment at a driveway. Even if the person ran her off the road exactly right there on purpose, they sure did get lucky that she went straight up that embankment. Does this make sense? Seems like maybe they were there to begin with. Parked or something. Off to the side of the driveway as not to be as noticeable. Doing something. I think it doesn't seem so much like a car that was "out of control" I guess. I hope this makes sense. Hard to spit out what I am trying to say......

-Another thing that keeps getting me is the clerk. The statements he made are odd to me. They weren't friends or anything, but she was a regular customer. Why would he say she'd tell him if something was wrong? I'm from a small town, and most places know me by name. I would never tell them about my personal life, though. Also..She usually puts $5 or so in her tank, but that day she put $14 in. I find it odd that he made sure to mention that he asked her why, and she said she's going somewhere. You'd think with that casual of a conversation about gas, his next question would have been 'oh where are you going?'. The more I think about it, the more I just wonder why someone would ask a customer why they're getting 'so much' gas.

If one has never lived in a small town this interest in another's life may seem odd. But this happens in small town America where much of the population is on friendly terms...they have sincere interest in their regular customers and pick up on patterns of behavior, interests, etc. Jessica seems to be a gregarious personality, she is very attractive as well. It may be as simple as This clerk may be paying extra attn because he or a buddy or a cousin may be interested from afar and was waiting for an opportunity. I think many young suitors would rely on info from friends before getting up enough courage to ask for a date.

In summary, the clerks interest is normal in small towns were everybody knows ever bodies business. I don't find it disturbing at all. And his smalltown busybody interest has provided a good starting point for LE.

That was my original thought too @skiaboo but, her car was actually on opposite side of the road!

location of where JC's car was found on the map

2up4xt0.jpg

Oh good grief :facepalm: I knew that, I knew that because of the green barrier vs the wooden fence at the other side! Thank you and so sorry, idk if little google man got turned around or it's me who is upside down lol!

Ok scratch my theory then. She had to be coming from the SW!! Good call!

Dont' mean to be argumentative....but does it really matter if she smoked??? alot of kids do stuff their families know nothing about....what matters is who tortured and murdered this precious young woman....................
Finding the monster who did this will require careful attention to little details like whether she smoked or not.

Oh god grief :facepalm: I knew that, I knew that because of the green barrier vs the wooden fence at the other side! Thank you and so sorry, idk if little google man got turned around or it's me who is upside down lol!

Ok scratch my theory then. She had to be coming from the SW!!

So then, which direction was her car traveling to end up where her car did?

If she was traveling NE, then it makes more sense that she veered off to the right and up the embankment.

If she was traveling SW, then she would have had to do a 180!

I don' care if she smokes or not HOWEVER it is important to the case to figure out if she smoked or if she was buying them for someone else. Maybe a friend called and said pick up some cigs while u are at the store, and I will meet up with you?

I don' care if she smokes or not HOWEVER it is important to the case to figure out if she smoked or if she was buying them for someone else. Maybe a friend called and said pick up some cigs while u are at the store, and I will meet up with you?

I was just thinking this too.

Thank you skibaboo, bessie and all for the maps and information. If this perp was had a car to get away with, then would the perp return to toward town, or head south toward 35, in which case some security cams along the road may have picked the perp leaving driving out in that direction. If on foot then the perp would have to be somebody familiar with the back foot paths back into to town, if they were alone and didn't have a ride, just taking guesses, sorry. Are there homeless people camped around there? This sounds crazy, desperate and a complete lack of human connection in such a brazenly hateful and cruel way, then completely personal too somehow, at the same time as wanting to wipe away evidence in the car, so somebody in the system already maybe?

Station street view
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.2...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1soKV4_i5oCsxC2mqUMPYOlg!2e0

Tilt view from station toward where her car was found
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.2534569,-89.939097,87a,20y,180h,83.39t/data=!3m1!1e3

Tilt view from Herron Road area looking down toward the station.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.237548,-89.9582623,85a,20y,90h,83.4t/data=!3m1!1e3

I just think there HAS to be another vehicle involved. No other way. And another vehicle almost certainly means more than one person involved.

So then, which direction was her car traveling to end up where her car did?

If she was traveling NE, then it makes more sense that she veered off to the right and up the embankment.

If she was traveling SW, then she would have had to do a 180!

Exactly!

Must have been this way

car6.jpg

Screenshots from that direction SW (notice how the car was at the top of a small incline?)

car2.jpgcar3.jpgcar4.jpg

Like you say if it was coming from the other direction (from the direction of Courtland) it would have had to do virtually a 180 degree spin, highly unlikely, unless it was hit by another car that spun it out, but that would leave a lot of debris, so I cannot see that happened.

car5.jpg

Sorry for all the SS's Google Streetview link

Exactly!

Must have been this way

View attachment 65369

Screenshots from that direction SW (notice how the car was at the top of a small incline?)

View attachment 65370View attachment 65371View attachment 65372

Like you say if it was coming from the other direction (from the direction of Courtland) it would have had to do virtually a 180 degree spin, highly unlikely, unless it was hit by another car that spun it out, but that would leave a lot of debris, so I cannot see that happened.

View attachment 65373

Sorry for all the SS's Google Streetview link

So if she was traveling NE, is that the eay she traveled when she left the gas station? Or does this show she switched direction?

I haven't gotten the opportunity to catch up on what has been posted since 12 pm today, so if anything I write in my post has been answered, my apologies for being redundant. As I was catching up on some of the posts during lunch a whole bunch of light bulbs went off in my head and I need to write it all down before I forget.

In a previous post I had mentioned that whether or not Jessica smoked, I don't see how it could be relevant in her murder case. Now, not only do I think it could be relevant, it could also be a potential clue. In the surveillance video you can see Jessica on multiple occasions bring her fingers to her mouth and as she nears the entrance to the gas station door, bend down and what appears to be her possibly putting out a cigarette.

According to her family, Jessica doesn't smoke. They believe what she was doing was biting her nails and maybe picking up a penny. Perhaps that is the case, but to me I believe she was indeed smoking. I read the interview with the gas station clerk last night, but nothing he had said set off any light bulbs in my head, that was until today. According to the clerk, after paying for her gas she had gotten a phone call, pumped the gas and returned to buy a pack of cigarettes.

She have may bought them for herself, but it could also be possible that she bought them for someone else. If they were for someone else, who were they for? Could the person who called her while she was at the gas station ask her to pick up a pack of smokes for them? If law enforcement hasn't done this already they should...they need to ask the clerk from that night what brand of cigarettes she purchased. If Jessica did indeed smoke, while her family may have not known, someone had to. They need to ask friends, co-workers if she worked or acquaintances if she smoked and what brand it was. If it's the same brand then that just means that her family didn't know her quite as well as they thought, but if it isn't the same brand, then who? Perhaps the killer/s?

The clerk also mentioned that she normally buys $5 worth of gas. That tells me Jessica probably doesn't have much money to spend, being that she is young, that is something I would expect. Also, it sounds like she either doesn't drive that much or most of her driving is very local. I checked gasbuddy to see what the gas prices are in her area. They are currently running in the $2.30-$2.40 range. Someone just recently posted a pic of her car in her driveway taken in April. If you look at that pic and the one of the burnt car, I don't believe they are the same vehicle. The one in April appears to be larger. The rear passenger side door window also seems to be a different shape. I showed a picture of her burnt car to a friend of mine who is in the auto body field and has a lot of automotive knowledge. He said while it is hard to tell from the condition, he thinks it could be a Kia.

If it is a Kia or something similar, it probably gets good gas mileage. Let's just say as an estimate of 30 mpg. $5 worth of gas would get her roughly 60 miles worth of gas. Yet that night she bought $14 worth, which would get roughly 180 miles worth. when the clerk asked her why so much, she said she had to go somewhere. Where did she have to go? A previous poster had mentioned her ex-boyfriend no longer living in Mississippi and if I recall correctly they said he was in Tennessee. Do we know if that is indeed true?

Tennessee borders Mississippi and using google maps a drive from Courtland to Memphis is about 70 miles. $14 worth of gas would be enough to get her to Tennessee and back. Could she have possibly gone to meet up with the ex?

As in most cases of murder the victim is usually killed by someone they know and in cases of the victim being female, they are usually killed by a spouse, boyfriend, ex-boyfriend. Maybe law enforcement should surveil him. See if he is a smoker. If he is, pick up one of his discarded butts and see if they match up with the type she bought if they aren't his. I have a few more things to post regarding some other things other posters have brought, as soon as I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee