MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem like there was any kind of accident. Seems like the car was parked there on purpose. Maybe they thought she was dead or almost dead and that there was no way she would live to tell anything, so they drove two cars there, left hers, lit it on fire with her in it and left in the second car. Maybe she woke up once they left and they didn't count on that?

This is such a brutal and horrific crime and I can't even imagine what her family is going thru. My prayers and condolences go out to them.

The $14.00 versus usually $5.00 in gas doesn't seem odd for the reason she had just recently started a job. I was a broke teenager and would pay my gas in loose change a lot until I had a "real" paying job. When I got my first paycheck, the first thing I did was fill up my car. http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...her-final-hours-of-jessica-chambers/20237599/

As for "going somewhere" maybe she had plans for Sunday and didn't want to deal with stopping at a gas station and just start off with a full tank. This all just my :moo:

I totally agree with everything you said. And I wondered about her ex as well. Many things seem to point to him in my mind.

HOWEVER, one thing I can't seem to get past. Would a pretty 19 yr old girl want to go meet up w/her ex while wearing baggy PJ pants and her hair in a messy bun? It just seems that she would want to freshen up a bit if she wanted to see her ex?

Given that her ex was abusive, I can't see why she would even want to go see him in the first place, but some women do indeed go back to abusers. If that was indeed what happened, perhaps he gave her some story about being in trouble or it is an emergency. One might be willing to not get all dolled up in a situation like that.

Remember too, she received a phone call at the gas station. Perhaps that wasn't her intention. She gets a call, says he needs help. Are you going to run back home to pretty yourself up?

Picking up evidence, cig butt thrown from a window?

"The area where firefighters found the teen with burns all over her body is otherwise nondescript, aside from the crime scene tape. A rural road with no dividing line leads to a green gate and dirt driveway that sits a few feet from the tree and skid marks.

On Thursday, a CNN crew saw a man in a Panola County Sheriff's Office pickup truck collect something from the ground, less than 50 feet from the tree, place it in a paper bag and drive off. He stopped a short distance down the road and crouched by the roadside, placing something else in a paper bag and driving away."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/index.html
rbbm

So today an officer stopped by in a truck and picked up a couple of items and then, later, other officers came back to examine the scene. Could this be a hit and run? Maybe parts of the other car were left at the scene? No local chatter... Is it possible this isn't as nefarious as it first looked? Someone posted that her particular Kia had been recalled due to a possibility of gas leaking and being a potential fire hazard. She could have hit her head after a collision. Anyway, just another option to consider. Also, she just got a job so maybe was a bit more inclined to pay a bit more for gas. She seems like such a lovely girl adjusting to life after high school and not the type to attract enemies. Maybe smoking was something she kept private, but that's ok. Her cheerleading pictures are so cute! I hope some answers come soon, as does everyone.

I'm starting to think that it isn't as nefarious as it first seemed as well. The fact that the first reports said she was doused in lighter fluid and set on fire were horrible to me. This is still a very horrible thing accident or not, but what if it was a hit and run? Someone could have rear ended her and then she was pushed up the embankment and they took off... BUT why the battery out of her cell? Was this report from LE? Why would there be clear treadmarks where her car failed to easily make it up the embankment? Maybe someone was pushing her car while she applied brakes. I hope they will release where on her forehead the gash was. Just brainstorming... All is opinion.

So today an officer stopped by in a truck and picked up a couple of items and then, later, other officers came back to examine the scene. Could this be a hit and run? Maybe parts of the other car were left at the scene? No local chatter... Is it possible this isn't as nefarious as it first looked? Someone posted that her particular Kia had been recalled due to a possibility of gas leaking and being a potential fire hazard. She could have hit her head after a collision. Anyway, just another option to consider. Also, she just got a job so maybe was a bit more inclined to pay a bit more for gas. She seems like such a lovely girl adjusting to life after high school and not the type to attract enemies. Maybe smoking was something she kept private, but that's ok. Her cheerleading pictures are so cute! I hope some answers come soon, as does everyone.

Did the gas tank explode?? I have not read that and I do not know. JMO

So today an officer stopped by in a truck and picked up a couple of items and then, later, other officers came back to examine the scene. Could this be a hit and run? Maybe parts of the other car were left at the scene? No local chatter... Is it possible this isn't as nefarious as it first looked? Someone posted that her particular Kia had been recalled due to a possibility of gas leaking and being a potential fire hazard. She could have hit her head after a collision. Anyway, just another option to consider.

2 scenarios...

While driving her catches fire, she's 19 and panics because she doesn't know what to do. The fire spreads fast and she cant extricate herself out of the car in time before the flames engulf her. In that scenario I can't see how her head would become gashed.

Someone hits her car and her head hits something that causes her head to receive a gash, maybe even knocks her out. The car catches fire and shes trapped in there until she regains consciousness. While that scenario seems plausible, there is one problem. It doesn't explain how her phone is found in a ditch with the battery removed.

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem like there was any kind of accident. Seems like the car was parked there on purpose. Maybe they thought she was dead or almost dead and that there was no way she would live to tell anything, so they drove two cars there, left hers, lit it on fire with her in it and left in the second car. Maybe she woke up once they left and they didn't count on that?

The rear of the car seemed damaged IMO

HOWEVER, one thing I can't seem to get past. Would a pretty 19 yr old girl want to go meet up w/her ex while wearing baggy PJ pants and her hair in a messy bun? It just seems that she would want to freshen up a bit if she wanted to see her ex?

Just some perspective from a female in her 20s here - I would say it depends on how long they dated or how close they were. If it were someone new, that I hadn't seen me in my "lazy" clothes, then probably not. But if they had dated for a while and were pretty close, it probably wouldn't really matter. Especially if she was "over" him for the most part. From personal experience, and based on the fact that by all accounts she seems to be a pretty caring individual, it would feel natural out of habit to go help an ex out or talk to him if he called saying something like "can we just talk about stuff?" I'd probably agree to go meet him out of concern and caring and even agree to grab him some cigs if he called back asking for some (or just grab some for myself if I knew it was going to be a stressful conversation). Usually nice people are the ones that are easily taken advantage of (emotionally or physically). Maybe someone called and asked if she could meet up to talk. And maybe she thought "I'm going to stand strong, but I feel bad for him." I don't know.. just thinking aloud.

I noticed the drivers seat of her car is reclined. Maybe she pulled up to the fence to quickly hide from someone.

Just some perspective from a female in her 20s here - I would say it depends on how long they dated or how close they were. If it were someone new, that I hadn't seen me in my "lazy" clothes, then probably not. But if they had dated for a while and were pretty close, it probably wouldn't really matter. Especially if she was "over" him for the most part. From personal experience, and based on the fact that by all accounts she seems to be a pretty caring individual, it would feel natural out of habit to go help an ex out or talk to him if he called saying something like "can we just talk about stuff?" I'd probably agree to go meet him out of concern and caring and even agree to grab him some cigs if he called back asking for some (or just grab some for myself if I knew it was going to be a stressful conversation). Usually nice people are the ones that are easily taken advantage of (emotionally or physically). Maybe someone called and asked if she could meet up to talk. And maybe she thought "I'm going to stand strong, but I feel bad for him." I don't know.. just thinking aloud.
Also, in the pic of Jessica with her ex, she is in a tee with her hair up and no make-up so she doesnt seem the type to stress that kind of thing.

I noticed the drivers seat of her car is reclined. Maybe she pulled up to the fence to quickly hide from someone.

Possibly...as in trying to "lose" someone who was following her. And they Found her anyway...JMO

Dang! When I saw all the new pages of posts since this morning, I was hoping there was a break in this case.

Regarding the clerk saying Jessica would have told him if something was wrong... I didn't take that to mean she'd talk to him about things like boyfriend troubles, but rather she'd tell him if someone was hassling her outside or if she thought someone was following her.

Like CrankyChef, I don't think the $14 purchase of gas is significant.

I had briefly considered suicide (as awful as burning to death is, I remember a woman - I think in Florida - who had set herself on fire - and like Jessica, the only unburnt part of her body was her feet), but there was no container of accelerant at the scene.

Hopefully LE is working on phone pings.
It seems to me she was hit in the head enough to knock her out but not enough to stay out. Someone drove her car there. Made it look like she hit the tree and burst into flames not thinking she'd wake up. MHO of course

We don't know where the gash on her head is yet, but I keep thinking that it happened when her car was rammed. We'll see, I guess. JMO add. We do not know the location of this so-called "party", either. Those details would be helpful. JMO

How would the accelerant get in her nose and mouth if it was an accident?

The rear of the car seemed damaged IMO

My hubby has 25 years autobody exp. IMO There is no damage to the rear of the car that is not caused by fire.

The windows exploded ,the tires exploded and all parts of plastic have melted which make the trunk seem as it is messed up ,really it is where the tail light belongs along with the damage from being pried open after the fire .
IMVO.
We also had a car burn up and it burnt for 30 minutes and only looked half as bad as jessica's. The whole inside melted and glass melted ,after it exploded and 30 feet flames came off of it,we still had paint on the back half of the car and parts that were not burnt.

The fire dept opens the trunk and hood to make sure fire is not inside those areas..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee