MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the service suppose to start?

SyraKelly, All info is@ link - Will be Livestreamed @ Link -->
http://www.wellsfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2851335&fh_id=11662

Jessica Lane Chambers, age 19, passed away Sunday, December 7, 2014, in Memphis, TN.

Funeral services for Jessica will be 2:00 P.M. CST Saturday, December 13, 2014 at Wells Funeral Home Chapel with interment to follow in Chapel Hill Cemetery in Pope, MS. The family will receive friends Friday evening, December 12, 2014 from 5:00 - 8:00 P.M. Reverend Eric Greggs and Reverend Larry Kilgore will be officiating the service.

There is NO indication that this was a hate crime.

There is NO indication that drug or gang activity was involved.

Please stay on track and post according to the facts as they've been reported in MSM to date. Rumors will not help to solve this crime or to bring comfort to Jessica's family.

Thanks.
With all due respect there is no evidence this was an accident either. Is that off limits too ?
And I would have to disagree about the hate crime. The nature of this crime certainly was hateful.

Just a thought - apparently the statement that she'd had some sort of flammable substance poured/sprayed into her nose and mouth came from a doctor who treated her? If so, I'd take that with a grain of salt, as I don't imagine most doctors have ever dealt with anything like that. I've read in the past that if people are upright/running/walking while their clothes are on fire, they can inhale the flames and damage their lungs, so...?

Just when I think murders on WS couldnt get any more disgusting... God bless Jessica and her family. Truly the worst thing to have to endure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a thought - apparently the statement that she'd had some sort of flammable substance poured/sprayed into her nose and mouth came from a doctor who treated her? If so, I'd take that with a grain of salt, as I don't imagine most doctors have ever dealt with anything like that. I've read in the past that if people are upright/running/walking while their clothes are on fire, they can inhale the flames and damage their lungs, so...?

Debirlfan, yes this would be my first guess too. I would agree if JC was treated at a local rural hospital but the Regional Medical Center in Memphis where she was life flighted is a full-service Burn Center with very experienced and expert Medical Staff.

http://www.regionalonehealth.org/regional-medical-center/firefighters-burn-center/
At the Firefighters Burn Center we help burn survivors return to normal, ... Is the only full-service Burn Center of its kind within a 150-mile radius of Memphis
Firefighters Burn Center

Almost 100,000 Americans are hospitalized each year due to serious burns. At the Firefighters Burn Center we help burn survivors return to normal, productive lives as quickly as possible. Surgery, wound care, rehabilitation, and restorative medicine are available to adolescents (14 and up) and adults devastated by serious burns.

Firefighters Burn Center has earned verification from the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACS), making it the only Burn Center in Tennessee to earn this distinctive honor.

Our full-service Burn Center:

* Treats more than 500 patients annually, including 300 inpatient admissions
<sniped - read more>

Credit to sstarrs33 for sharing the link to pictures of Jessica's burned car- how or why FoxNewsTampa have them I have no idea though, just like the London Daily Mirror reporting on this case. The link is http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27594800/police-gruesome-details-reveal-how-teen-was-burned-alive

Look at the pic that has apparent straw looking stuff coming through the front windshield. At first I thought it was likely plant based and evidence her car went up that little embankment with some force. On the other hand, I would not expect any sort of foliage to survive a car fire like that intact. What is that? I still feel an accident response team should be consulted whether this crime was intentional or accidental.

BBM

What is up with funerals being livestreamed?

Times they are a changin, WhoaIsMe. "Technology" and.. A town with a population of only 460 folks would likely have a funeral home too small to accommodate the MS Media and the large number of people that has been touched by Jessica Chalmers' senseless tragic death.. jmo

Stay Strong by Heather Cohen
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

Thank you for the link.
Jerry Askin's interview (Updated: Dec 12, 2014 7:31 PM EST)
with Jessica Chambers dad is heartbreaking when he says "My family is everybody's family." as he prays 'for somebody to come forward' in what he states was 'no accident' but 'cold-blooded murder.' What it must be like for her father to still be able to go out and make public appeals for information coherently, seems to me, so super human strong on his part, with the horror of his daughter's horrific death upon him.

The Clarion-Ledger reported this afternoon that coroner Gracie Gulledge said the autopsy reports would not be available before the weekend. She also would not elaborate on what forensic experts are looking for in the autopsy results.

she was burned over 98% of her body according to her dad's interview linked on the first page here. What is left to test, respt asking.

"Silence and misinfo by Law Enforcement/Justice Officials only leads to other innocent victim's lives lost and mounting cold cases, imo".. "Without Public Safety for our Families, Friends, and Loved Ones, we have Nothing....
The following are contradictory statements by the DA, imo;
<sniped from article linked & BBM>

He said he didn't expect an arrest in the immediate future.

Champion said Wednesday that when firefighters arrived at the scene, Chambers approached one of them and spoke. Champion didn't divulge the teen's words but said, "It has certainly given us a lead we're following up on."

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/national/da-jessica-chambers-phone-provides-leads/30183846#ixzz3LjrX7JYH

she was burned over 98% of her body according to her dad's interview linked on the first page here. What is left to test, respt asking.

Whether she was sexually assaulted, DNA, and other Forensics.... The answer to the first question would have been easily determined, imo.

With all due respect there is no evidence this was an accident either. Is that off limits too ?
And I would have to disagree about the hate crime. The nature of this crime certainly was hateful.
Well, ask yourself this. Will speculation about an accident feed the rumor mill and potentially bring harm to an innocent individual?

As for whether or not this was a "hate crime", check the legal definition. Again, there is no indication from LE reports that the term applies to the circumstances in this case.

Thanks for asking.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/civilrights/hate_crimes/overview

Credit to sstarrs33 for sharing the link to pictures of Jessica's burned car- how or why FoxNewsTampa have them I have no idea though, just like the London Daily Mirror reporting on this case. The link is http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/27594800/police-gruesome-details-reveal-how-teen-was-burned-alive

Look at the pic that has apparent straw looking stuff coming through the front windshield. At first I thought it was likely plant based and evidence her car went up that little embankment with some force. On the other hand, I would not expect any sort of foliage to survive a car fire like that intact. What is that? I still feel an accident response team should be consulted whether this crime was intentional or accidental.

RE: What is that?

The straw would have accumulated on the vehicle after the fire was extinguished and is not connected or relevant to the crime/investigation, imo.

Wasn't the car sort of up against a tree? My guess would be that high-pressure fire hoses might have knocked vines or other debris out of the tree and it fell onto the car.

Wasn't the car sort of up against a tree? My guess would be that high-pressure fire hoses might have knocked vines or other debris out of the tree and it fell onto the car.

Prolly right, debirlfan.. It looks like the remnants of a gray squirrel nest, imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx