MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the pic that has apparent straw looking stuff coming through the front windshield. At first I thought it was likely plant based and evidence her car went up that little embankment with some force. On the other hand, I would not expect any sort of foliage to survive a car fire like that intact. What is that? I still feel an accident response team should be consulted whether this crime was intentional or accidental.

That was my first thought when I saw the pic although I am currently viewing it from my phone while at a concert. It could be wiring from the dashboard area. A lot of wiring harnesses are located behind the dashboard. I will have to look at that photo from my computer when I get home go get a better view to see if that is what it is.

Maybe Foxfire or another can help ... if the airbags had deployed, would there be any visible evidence in the photos of that?

Do we know if keys were in ignition or if car was in Park or another gear?

Maybe Foxfire or another can help ... if the airbags had deployed, would there be any visible evidence in the photos of that?

Not imo, Litig8ter.. Even if the airbags were not deployed prior to the fire. The enormous heat would have likely activated them and the fire would have destroyed any visible evidence. jmp

Car Fire Airbag explosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUyAGd0fSBQ

http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Charred-remains-of-Jessica-Chambers-car.jpg

I showed my firefighter friend the picture of the interior of Jessica's car and asked him if it's possible that the fire could have caused the back of the seat to be reclined that way and he said he seriously doubted it. It would appear then that it was reclined that way deliberately. It is reclined way too far down for anyone to be able to drive that way and especially someone of Jessica's size.
Has your firefighter friend seen the more recent pictures from Fox news in Tampa Bay? The angle of two photos on that site shows that both front seats are reclined to what appears to be the same degree. It's hard to be certain, given the angles of the photos. If they are, though, it seems like that would be the result of plastics and upholstery burning to the point that the seat backs fell back as far as they would go.

Just speculation on my part. I'm not discounting any of your scenarios, Droopy. But looking at the Fox photos, it seems that if both seats were reclined to the same position, it was either as a result of the supporting pieces burning away or two people reclining their seats all the way on purpose.

Not imo, Litig8ter.. Even if the airbags were not deployed prior to the fire. The enormous heat would have likely activated them and the fire would have destroyed any visible evidence. jmp

Car Fire Airbag explosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUyAGd0fSBQ

Thank you Foxfire, for the information. It got me thinking, kind of down the same track though. That may explain why the seats were down. Another completely wild guess scenario: if Jessica Chambers drove up the side of the road during a struggle, the airbags may have deployed, so the person in the other seat may have had to put his seat down to get out, which may indicate that it was a biggish person. Jessica Chambers may have been passed out from being knocked out before, with the airbag in the way, so he puts her seat down to get at her before burning her. If somebody had driven to the side of the road deliberately, they would have done it differently and at a less steep angle. It seems it is possible that her car may have veered there with speed and force, either as part of a struggle while she drove or by somebody else to make it look like accident, then burn her while she was passed out. I think the person who did this may have not expected Jessica Chambers to resist and had some other end in sight then burning her there and then, it seems possible to me. Why would the perp/s risk the possibility of being seen there by choice? It's not way off the beaten track, visible from the road, a road without many outlets? It'd be interesting to know if LE knows if and where she had been cleaning her car.

Has your firefighter friend seen the more recent pictures from Fox news in Tampa Bay? The angle of two photos on that site shows that both front seats are reclined to what appears to be the same degree. It's hard to be certain, given the angles of the photos. If they are, though, it seems like that would be the result of plastics and upholstery burning to the point that the seat backs fell back as far as they would go.

Just speculation on my part. I'm not discounting any of your scenarios, Droopy. But looking at the Fox photos, it seems that if both seats were reclined to the same position, it was either as a result of the supporting pieces burning away or two people reclining their seats all the way on purpose.

I think that the reclining parts have to be strong metal to withstand crash forces and not recline as a result of them.

But the reclined seats are a puzzle to me. If there had been any "laid back" activity right before the fire was started, it sure was not a very good spot for it. Right next to the road with the car on a slope for all to see? Normally, for "laid back" activity, you are down a secluded road. The car was left there knowing it would be found soon. If it had merely run off the road and a killing occurred, the seats would not have been reclined. Or in other words, the seats were purposefully reclined after the vehicle was driven there for burning. I think there is another crime scene somewhere.

Thank you Foxfire, for the information. It got me thinking, kind down the same track though. That may explain why the seats were down. Another completely wild guess scenario: if Jessica Chambers drove up the side of the road during a struggle, the airbags may have deployed, so the person in the other seat may have had to put his seat down to get out, which may indicate that it was a biggish person. Jessica Chambers may have been passed out from being knocked out before, with the airbag in the way, so he puts her seat down to get at her before burning her. If somebody had driven to the side of the road deliberately, they would have done it differently and at a less steep angle. It seems it is possible that her car may have veered there with speed and force, either as part of a struggle while she drove or by somebody else to make it look like accident, then burn her while she was passed out. I think the person who did this may have not expected Jessica Chambers to resist and had some other end in sight then burning her there and then, it seems possible to me.

There was no damage to the front of the car visible, and there is a debate as to whether there was damage to the rear. Airbags don't typically deploy in a rear impact collision.

There was no damage to the front of the car visible, and there is a debate as to whether there was damage to the rear. Airbags don't typically deploy in a rear impact collision.

Would just driving up a steep embankment at a high speed, kind of down and then up, would that deploy the airbags? The position of the car seems to me like something done abruptly either intentionally or not. I don't see why anyone would pull over in that way to hide, as the angle reveals more of what is going on inside the car from the road. It doesn't seem like place of choice for a perp to be unseen, as it's such a rural area where there would be much better places to go to be unseen.

Would just driving up a steep thing at a high speed, kind of down and then up, would that deploy the airbags?

Airbags deploy upon impacts, not rough terrain or rapid changes in pitch. If the bumper contacted the slope violently, then they could deploy. But there was no apparent metal damage and the slope does not have scarring like it was impacted by the bumper.

After all this time and no arrest, I'm starting to think that she did not say anything to the first responders like giving them a name. I don't see how she would have been in any shape to utter a word. I think LE just put that out there to scare the perpetrator into leaving town in a hurry. It being a small town SOMEBODY would be suspicious if someone they knew suddenly left town and would probably say something to someone about it or go to the police with it themselves. JMO

Does anyone have any sort of definite answer preferably from the police as to how she was found? I've read she was in the car, she was on the ground outside the car, she was walking... obviously can't all be true. Do we know if either/both car doors were open or closed?

As to the cut on her head - could she have gotten that trying to escape from the burning car? If the door was shut (possibly jammed?) and she tried to escape through a window, could she have gashed herself on broken glass, or even on a piece of exposed metal?

Airbags deploy upon impacts, not rough terrain or rapid changes in pitch. If the bumper contacted the slope violently, then they could deploy. But there was no apparent metal damage and the slope does not have scarring like it was impacted by the bumper.

Thank you for consider it and your answer. It helps.

I'm jumping in late. Have they discussed if the car wash was checked? To see if anyone had washed a car recently? Evidence? Etc?

After all this time and no arrest, I'm starting to think that she did not say anything to the first responders like giving them a name. I don't see how she would have been in any shape to utter a word. I think LE just put that out there to scare the perpetrator into leaving town in a hurry. It being a small town SOMEBODY would be suspicious if someone they knew suddenly left town and would probably say something to someone about it or go to the police with it themselves. JMO

If she did say anything, she could have blurted out the name of a loved one - I mean, if she'd said "Mommy" or "Daddy" I don't think we'd assume that the parent was the killer - by the same token, she could have innocently called out the name of a close friend/lover.

Alternately - if she did name her killer, I don't think that would be enough evidence to charge someone - after all, the person could well use the above as an excuse, that she was only calling out for him/her. Police could be playing it close to the vest, even if they know who did it, if they need to wait on forensics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATS2+3