MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, bessie, for the great map. I wonder if she intended to clean her car, where the nearest car coin vacuum cleaner would have been if there was one around? Could somebody have slipped into her car then, if all she did, as she had told her mom she would, was pull over somewhere well lit with a just garbage can even to clean her car, between those two points? Could it have been a thing where whomever did this may have wanted her pin number or something and was using a fire accelerant as a weapon of sorts? Where's the nearest bank or ATM?

Possible
But that doesn't explain the damage to her car, I have not heard it was a result of her going up an embankment

60 Guests currently viewing this thread! Come join us! :)

Jessica Chambers' phone provides leads, prosecutor says

Batesville, Mississippi (CNN) -- After obtaining warrants and cracking a password, police were able to access Jessica Chambers' phone records and are following up on leads, a prosecutor said Thursday.
Police are searching her data and text records after obtaining warrants Wednesday that compelled Google and her cell phone provider to give police access to her phone's content, said John Champion, district attorney for Mississippi's 17th Circuit.

More http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/index.html?eref=edition&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I read one report where it said she was able to say who her attacker was before she passed. I'm trying to find it.

AP writer Adrian Sainz wrote on dec 11: "Jay Hale, an assistant district attorney who handles cases in Panola County, confirmed that Chambers spoke to firefighters - perhaps giving them clues - but said he cannot discuss what she said before she was taken to a hospital in Memphis, where she died."

Thanks skibaboo. When you look where she and the car were found, its seems a bit interesting. Not far from some residences. If you continue on that road or even up some of those dirt roads, could have gotten her a little further away from people. I wonder why it happened here? In a hurry? Not familiar with the roads?

Interesting observation, I would think if there had been obvious crash damage it would be difficult to keep that info out of media. It would be a huge clue for LE as well.

Who reported the fire? I don't remember. There couldn't have been too much time between when it was set and when it was reported, could there?

You beat me to it bessie! :p I was working on one too. Here is my map anyway Jessica Chambers Map

Thanks to PeterThomasFan and Droopy for locations! :)

I was too!

Possible
But that doesn't explain the damage to her car, I have not heard it was a result of her going up an embankment

Looking at the location of where JC's car was found on the map, it would have been on the left side of the road when driving SW. Not the right side of the road? :thinking:

Looking at the photo of the aftermath and tracks (although some are obviously from the tow truck hauling her car away), her car would have had to do a complete 180 to end up as it did!

If she wasn't forced off of the road then, why didn't she simply pull off to the side on the right? If you look at the map, the driveways across the street from one another are almost identical too.

Does anyone know for sure what the exact position of her car was when it was found?

vzdizn.jpg

Interesting observation, I would think if there had been obvious crash damage it would be difficult to keep that info out of media. It would be a huge clue for LE as well.

I know I read early on about damage to her car
I can't find it and I don't have time to go back through everything
I am sorry

Hey guys. I've been lurking, but needed to add my 2 cents.

<modsnip>

-Police might be saying street talk is quiet, so they don't put anyone in danger. No one has been arrested, so someone saw something in a remote area, and all of a sudden the police know about it, it would be easy for a criminal to know who 'snitched'.

-Another thing that keeps getting me is the clerk. The statements he made are odd to me. They weren't friends or anything, but she was a regular customer. Why would he say she'd tell him if something was wrong? I'm from a small town, and most places know me by name. I would never tell them about my personal life, though. Also..She usually puts $5 or so in her tank, but that day she put $14 in. I find it odd that he made sure to mention that he asked her why, and she said she's going somewhere. You'd think with that casual of a conversation about gas, his next question would have been 'oh where are you going?'. The more I think about it, the more I just wonder why someone would ask a customer why they're getting 'so much' gas.
-All news articles I've seen say that she entered the store, paid $14, received phone call, pumped gas, then re entered to buy cigarettes, and left. Why prepay for $14 of gas, unless that's the last of your money? Remember..she then re entered to buy cigarettes, so she had to have had more money. Was the person she talked to off camera someone who was under 18, and wanting her to buy them? Were there any calls made from inside the gas station around that time?

These are just thoughts running through my head. I tried to make sense of them, but you know how that goes... I'm not accusing anyone. They are just different avenues to look at.

If she stopped at a party, it would seem as though someone would have come forward as a witness by now. Unless, it was a small party-a couple of friends who are the actual perpetrators.

I was too!

Looking at the location of where JC's car was found on the map, it would have been on the left side of the road when driving SW. Not the right side of the road? :thinking:

Looking at the photo of the aftermath and tracks (although some are obviously from the tow truck hauling her car away), her car would have had to do a complete 180 to end up as it did!

RSBM: I think there was a struggle in the car and it veered off to the right, that could be where she got the gash on her head?

<modsnip>

-Police might be saying street talk is quiet, so they don't put anyone in danger. No one has been arrested, so someone saw something in a remote area, and all of a sudden the police know about it, it would be easy for a criminal to know who 'snitched'.

-Another thing that keeps getting me is the clerk. The statements he made are odd to me. They weren't friends or anything, but she was a regular customer. Why would he say she'd tell him if something was wrong? I'm from a small town, and most places know me by name. I would never tell them about my personal life, though. Also..She usually puts $5 or so in her tank, but that day she put $14 in. I find it odd that he made sure to mention that he asked her why, and she said she's going somewhere. You'd think with that casual of a conversation about gas, his next question would have been 'oh where are you going?'. The more I think about it, the more I just wonder why someone would ask a customer why they're getting 'so much' gas.
-All news articles I've seen say that she entered the store, paid $14, received phone call, pumped gas, then re entered to buy cigarettes, and left. Why prepay for $14 of gas, unless that's the last of your money? Remember..she then re entered to buy cigarettes, so she had to have had more money. Was the person she talked to off camera someone who was under 18, and wanting her to buy them? Were there any calls made from inside the gas station around that time?

These are just thoughts running through my head. I tried to make sense of them, but you know how that goes... I'm not accusing anyone. They are just different avenues to look at.
She was a smoker, so likely bought for herself. It is odd she bought way more gas than usual, and I do not find it surprising clerk mentioned it.

That is my gut reaction to the Turner interview as well. He seemed pretty confused about why he was questioned. I also thought the interview failed to establish any kind of connection to her beyond having seen her around. Unless there is evidence only known to LE, it seems he may be innocent and the media is just grabbing at straws to post "new information" for clicks on their site.

<modsnip>

As far as it being in a remote area, the car was found less than a mile from gas station, and only about 2 miles from her home. There may be something about this turf known to locals than can't be discerned by outsiders. It was reported that a passing car reported a car fire to the fire dept, who happened to be out on a call 2 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member