MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled across this interesting article from 2011 in the Panolian:

http://www.panolian.com/v2/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=208725&MemberID=1180

Some of the more disturbing statements include:

"But seven people in Panola County face capital murder charges following the March 28 shooting of Ira Phillips in Crenshaw and the brutal killing of Tommy “Burnside” Walton in Como in late April.... Walton’s burned body was discovered in a drainage ditch on Paul White Road, located north of Como at the Tate County line on May 7. Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale reported Walton’s death likely Stemmed from an argument about stolen narcotics... Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gulledge said that Walton had been shot multiple times."

and how about this one:

"...Four other suspects were charged with burning down a brick home at 217 Ford Street in Como to cover up the evidence in Walton’s killing. Marshall Doneil Little, Fredrick Terrell Moss, Cedrick Demond Walker and Derrek Eugene Faulkner, all of Como, face felony arson charges..."

ALSO, notice all the Der-rick and Ced-rick and Fred-rick and Der-rek names listed...

Any of this sound familiar to you Buckeroos out there in WS Radio Land? SOOOO... Jessica's murder may just be the latest in a string of murder/arsons in Panola County going at least back to 2011, all related to gangs, drugs, and the like.
:notgood:

panola.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think Eric Bibbs was the first one I heard explaining why LE came to his house that night. He said they told him there was an accident down the road and his name was mentioned. Well, there was no "accident" down the road--LE knew it wasn't an accident, so that's one lie. Who's to say that his name being mentioned was not a lie also?

Question - I don't remember Eric's statement. Did he actually say that Eric/Derrick was the name mentioned, or did he just say "his name" was? And even if he did say Eric, did that actually come from the cops, or was that his assumption? Thinking outside of the box, maybe what she said was his last name, not his first - or for that matter, the "Eric" sounding word could have been a last name rather than a first name. As to the police saying there was an accident, I'd be willing to bet that at that point, the police weren't entirely sure if it was suicide/homicide or accident - that might not have become apparent until they started piecing together the evidence. Much easier/safer to say "accident" and have it turn out to be more than that than to accuse someone of murder and then have to recount and say "oops, sorry, turns out it was just an accident."

Question - I don't remember Eric's statement. Did he actually say that Eric/Derrick was the name mentioned, or did he just say "his name" was? And even if he did say Eric, did that actually come from the cops, or was that his assumption? Thinking outside of the box, maybe what she said was his last name, not his first - or for that matter, the "Eric" sounding word could have been a last name rather than a first name. As to the police saying there was an accident, I'd be willing to bet that at that point, the police weren't entirely sure if it was suicide/homicide or accident - that might not have become apparent until they started piecing together the evidence. Much easier/safer to say "accident" and have it turn out to be more than that than to accuse someone of murder and then have to recount and say "oops, sorry, turns out it was just an accident."

Eric Bibbs said they told him his name was mentioned. They didn't specify first or last name, BUT also in that interview, Eric Bibbs said someone at the scene said "the only ERIC I know around here is Eric Bibbs." So, yeah, this sounds like LE meant a first name, not a last name.

You're right, she may have been able to speak a name or names since the response time was so short and the swelling does not happen immediately. What I doubt most is that the names she spoke were Eric or Derrick or anything close to that. I can't explain why, but it's almost as if I have a built-in lie detector in my head sometimes. This is one of those times.

Wasn't CW (auntie Cha Cha *I've heard we are spelling it wrong when we say Sha Sha*) one of the first people called in because her name was in Jessica's phone according to her interview? I don't recall that they called Eric Bibbs in--just that they went to his house, then they called in Derrick Turner, George Mister and Rachael Denise Tudor, (all per their media interviews) and interviewed over a hundred people. I'm hoping they put the names Eric/Derrick out there to lull the real killers into a sense of false security but are investing them thoroughly. The only ones who know for sure she didn't say Eric or Derrick would be the killer(s).

IIRC Sha sha was the first one called in for questioning and actually held for two days while her questioning was active. Cha cha, Sha sha, et al I chose the phonetic rather then the "correct" representation merely for the fact that when I read Cha cha I'm thinking of a dance cha cha cha... :laugh: Yes by the way, the reason she gave for her questioning was that she (sha sha) was listed in her (Jessica's) phone, either alluding to the fact she was a contact, a call, or both. They actually searched for hours for Bibbs, finally finding him at home... With a toothache.

I sincerely hope the name she spoke wasn't Eric or anything like it, the number of bastardizations of that name in that area is akin to incredible, I'd hope for Joe, Steve, or even John, there don't appear to be many of those in Courtland.

I don't think LE has released anything to lull, mislead, or otherwise placate the populace. I think a few details were leaked, misheard, misunderstood or just plain exaggerated. Only one person really knows what if anything she said, and that guy doesn't instill any sense of confidence in me at all. He did his job, and I believe he genuinely tried to comfort and help Jessica, but something about his behavior breeds suspicion in me. I don't think Mr. Haley (sp?) had anything to do with Jessica's demise, but there is just something about him...

http://www.panolian.com/v2/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=208725&MemberID=1180

"But seven people in Panola County face capital murder charges following the March 28 shooting of Ira Phillips in Crenshaw and the brutal killing of Tommy “Burnside” Walton in Como in late April.... Walton’s burned body was discovered in a drainage ditch on Paul White Road, located north of Como at the Tate County line on May 7. Assistant District Attorney Jay Hale reported Walton’s death likely Stemmed from an argument about stolen narcotics... Panola County Coroner Gracie Grant-Gulledge said that Walton had been shot multiple times."

and how about this one:

"...Four other suspects were charged with burning down a brick home at 217 Ford Street in Como to cover up the evidence in Walton’s killing. Marshall Doneil Little, Fredrick Terrell Moss, Cedrick Demond Walker and Derrek Eugene Faulkner, all of Como, face felony arson charges..."

ALSO, notice all the Der-rick and Ced-rick and Fred-rick and Der-rek names listed...

Any of this sound familiar to you Buckeroos out there in WS Radio Land? SOOOO... Jessica's murder may just be the latest in a string of murder/arsons in Panola County going at least back to 2011, all related to gangs, drugs, and the like.

That's a great find, I can't believe we haven't seen that yet here. Wow. Thank you.

and how about this one:

View attachment 70602

That's a great find, I can't believe we haven't seen that yet here. Wow. Thank you.

Agreed!

Wow. Just, wow. Thank you.

It all certainly seems logical. It would be interesting to know if any of the perps listed in connection with those crimes were out in the community.

Also sorry to note that one of the perps mentioned, Derreck Faulkner is likely related to the Nobel Prize winning author William Faulkner. He was born in Mississippi, lived there most of his life.

It all certainly seems logical. It would be interesting to know if any of the perps listed in connection with those crimes were out in the community.

Also sorry to note that one of the perps mentioned, Derreck Faulkner is likely related to the Nobel Prize winning author William Faulkner. He was born in Mississippi, lived there most of his life.
That article was posted, or at least referenced a few threads back and drew little interest at the time. IIRC, someone said that at least some of those characters were still in jail, or back in jail, at the time of Jessica's death.

That article was posted, or at least referenced a few threads back and drew little interest at the time. IIRC, someone said that at least some of those characters were still in jail, or back in jail, at the time of Jessica's death.

You're right, it had, among a slew of SM activity about the case, at the time, IIRC.

(Snip)
Let's hope not. I'd hate for such a highly revered Southern name to be sullied, but I guess most families have their black sheep.

You know, he worked for a while at a newspaper in NOLA. Man, could the Panolian ever use his literary genius right now, to roust that sleepy MS populace from its long winter's nap. Oops sorry, slipped into literary mode for a second.

Thanks!

JMO - there is a huge difference between burning a dead body to cover up a murder and trying to murder someone by burning them to death.

But on the other hand, if Jessica did have a head injury, then maybe the perp thought she was already dead...

I think the point is, back in 2011 there was a whole lot of body and house burning going on, for one reason and one reason only: to get rid of evidence. The coroner stated the victim died of gunshot wounds, so the fire was definitely not to kill him.

Likewise in Jessica's case, there was no reason to burn an entire car just to kill her. The arson was obviously to cover the murderer's tracks. The tiniest pieces of evidence federal LE could have used to pin the tail on the donkey -- fibers, hairs, DNA of any type -- would have been destroyed in the inferno. I am convinced burning Jessica alive was not the perpetrator(s) intention, burning her CORPSE and car were. JMO
:burn:

William Faulkner was the black sheep of his family. :silenced:
Your comment was intriguing, so I read his Wikipedia bio. He certainly was no saint, but I would have thought his literary successes would have been a source of pride for his family in Oxford. Were they not?

The article mentioned a small bookstore in NOLA off Pirate's Alley, near St. Louis Cathedral, which I visited once and purchased a small paperback of his. Maybe that's where I got the impression he had tried working for a newspaper, but it sure wasn't mentioned in the Wiki article.

:moo:
(Imagine BaBa instead of Elsie, Baaa-ing instead of Mooo-ing...)

I don't know how I missed it the first time, I read the threads pretty thoroughly, that;s a huge chunk of interesting information too.

I think the point is, back in 2011 there was a whole lot of body and house burning going on, for one reason and one reason only: to get rid of evidence. The coroner stated the victim died of gunshot wounds, so the fire was definitely not to kill him.

Likewise in Jessica's case, there was no reason to burn an entire car just to kill her. The arson was obviously to cover the murderer's tracks. The tiniest pieces of evidence federal LE could have used to pin the tail on the donkey -- fibers, hairs, DNA of any type -- would have been destroyed in the inferno. I am convinced burning Jessica alive was not the perpetrator(s) intention, burning her CORPSE and car were. JMO
:burn:

I respectfully disagree in part. I believe Jessica was intentionally burned alive out of jealousy and revenge and it had been planned to happen on that night at that place and time. JMO, of course. I do believe the car was burned to cover up any evidence such as DNA or fingerprints, though.

I don't know how I missed it the first time, I read the threads pretty thoroughly, that;s a huge chunk of interesting information too.

As someone else alluded to, it's very possible that it was clumped into a much longer post that contained info from those "other" sites, and it may have gotten deleted before you could read it. In some of the earlier threads, you had to read quickly, because posts often disappeared. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member