MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just put this out there now because there is little left to talk about. I believe, when all is said and done, Jessica's murder was not directly drug related, in that I don't believe that it had anything to do with the purchase or sale of drugs, real or fake. I don't believe it was done by a gangbanger trying to silence a perceived "snitch". A bullet would be far more likely in either of those circumstances, imo. At one time I believed Jessica was driven to the Herron Rd location, but I now tend to believe that she drove herself there, and had every intention of meeting up with someone, and quite probably the person that either killed her or was at least one of those involved in killing her. I don't believe that her death was a hate crime in the sense of being killed because of her race, but make no mistake, whoever killed her hated her, at least at the time of the murder, and wanted her to suffer and feel pain. It was personal. It is possible that she was killed by someone who wanted to be with her but had been rejected, but I believe that ultimately, Jessica died because she was sleeping with someone's man, or had been, or was thought to be or thought to have been. Maybe she wanted to end it and he didnt, or maybe she wanted to expose it, against his wishes. I may be way offbase, and it is all my opinion and speculation only, but it is what I have thought for a while now, though I have considered many motives over the past almost four months. And she may not have been sleeping with any of the most likely suspects, which may explain why none of the many characters questioned have ever been charged. JMO

ETA...If and when the autopsy results are ever released, I will not be surprised to find that she was raped or otherwise sexually assaulted before she was killed.

Something along these lines is exactly what I've been thinking from the start, except I don't necessarily believe she was raped. More along the lines of having consensual sex and being caught in the act. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to let go of this theory. JMO

Exactly.

You make a good point and I think the longer this case remains unsolved, the more likely it is gang-related silence or less individuals involved in crime. I agree that it is only gang related in the sense Jessica may have dated a gang member, and have a particular person that raises my suspicions, but I don't think he dated Jessica.

Jessica suffered an immensely painful and horrific death and I wouldn't wish it on my own worst enemy. I keep thinking about how Jessica could have been any teenager that encountered the wrong person(s). It was very personal and rage filled crime and there is nothing that Jessica could have done to provoke it. Individual(s) must have some serious mental/emotional problem, career criminal, drug-crazed or even someone who has such perverse-crazed philosophies filled by hate.

A few SM posts from individuals seem to spew hate against white women or make really bad jokes about them. Totally offensive and mean-spirited and would not have wanted to socialize with the likes of such individuals if I were Jessica, so two-faced. So even if someone has been "cleared" by LE, they seem to have a sick sense of humor regarding white women and that's distasteful at minimum, but given other facts who knows where that may lead...

There may be a larger investigation at play, and if there isn't then there should be, jmo. I really hope for better and safer times for the community and Panola county. Jmo/

I agree about the silence. I really think if Jessica's murder was a jealousy/rage act connected to a relationship, then more friends (male and female) or witnesses to the presumed relationship would come forward, even in interviews and articles. Someone she was dating or seeing on the side may have had a gang connection, but I still think that the gang influence and drug environment in Courtland and nearby cities is part of this crime.

Has it ever been established what she went to Batesville for? If it takes 10 minutes (guessing) to drive there and 10 back, then she only had 10 minutes to "clean" her car or do whatever she needed to do if there was a 1/2 hour window as noted on the timeline. I'd like to know if she was meeting up with someone in Batesville who may have come back with her or sent something back with her? When AA said "She said she was going somewhere," I interpreted it as meaning she said exactly where she was going and for what or he knew what it implied and he (and many others in the loop) didn't want to say.?

As for LE keeping hush, I bet they have the evidence and just need to put all the pieces together so the puzzle is complete before charges are made. Jessica was only 19, the same age as three of my nieces, and they know nothing about secrecy. Their personal opinions and relationships are allover SM and their parents know way more than they would like to. Thank God my parents didn't have access to my life like we as parents do today. They would have sent me to a nunnery:shame:

Keep in mind the silence could be because the State of Mississippi uses a grand jury for charges to be brought. The Sheriff & DA made it pretty clear early on that evidence such as the autopsy report are not going to be public ahead of the grand jury. There are also several federal LE agencies involved and the feds NEVER comment on an ongoing criminal investigation unless they public needs to know, such as in cases of fleeing suspects.

Only four months have elapsed. In complicated cases such as this one, that's not a long time.

JMO

LE shouldn't compromise investigation to feed public interest. However, Jessica was murdered in a small town and I would think that any female in the town would be uneasy until perpetrators caught. LE could at the very least reassure the community that investigations ongoing and no updates at the moment. They can also reassure the community that LE is working hard to keep the community safe without specifics. I mean the community or public at large sans perpetrator(s) do not know the exact motive, so their could be some crazed person out and about who is targeting young women. Also, burning people to death is medieval and not common way to murder someone and very painful way to die. Jmo/

I agree about the silence. I really think if Jessica's murder was a jealousy/rage act connected to a relationship, then more friends (male and female) or witnesses to the presumed relationship would come forward, even in interviews and articles. Someone she was dating or seeing on the side may have had a gang connection, but I still think that the gang influence and drug environment in Courtland and nearby cities is part of this crime.

Has it ever been established what she went to Batesville for? If it takes 10 minutes (guessing) to drive there and 10 back, then she only had 10 minutes to "clean" her car or do whatever she needed to do if there was a 1/2 hour window as noted on the timeline. I'd like to know if she was meeting up with someone in Batesville who may have come back with her or sent something back with her? When AA said "She said she was going somewhere," I interpreted it as meaning she said exactly where she was going and for what or he knew what it implied and he (and many others in the loop) didn't want to say.?

AA may be cleared, but I don't think he is just a town crier either and he may know more about Jessica's activities, but I don't know. If he or anyone else knows Jessica's activities like hypothetically drug use or drug running that day, I would guess those individuals will be in a heap of trouble if they do not cooperate with LE (ie false statements).

I don't see why individuals wouldn't cooperate with LE, unless perpetrators. But I think LE will have difficulty separating the truth from fiction with stories though. AA may not have much useful information re: JC's murder, but I do think there are other people that LE should keep major pressure on and monitor (will not name though). Deception can be determined in different ways, but I am not an expert. It seems to me from SM/online that there is plenty of potential deception from witnesses/locals (ie -simple deception like a kid who took a cookie from the cookie jar, says it wasn't them and then blames someone else, subtle threats to more complicated ways, and then some may just have character flaws/other issues).

Jmo/

I have to ask WHY there hasn't been any recent statements by LE concerning this case. If I were a citizen of the Panola County area and MS I would be outraged .... if they think people will forget then they are dead wrong .... I'll never forget this case.

Which "they" might you be referring to? (See BBM in quote.)

Not to speak for Samatha17, but I think she is referring to LE or perpetrators. Who do you think she is referring to?

Jmo

I don't know. (That's why I asked, LOL.) It could also be the people who live in the same community Jessica lived in.

LE shouldn't compromise investigation to feed public interest. However, Jessica was murdered in a small town and I would think that any female in the town would be uneasy until perpetrators caught. LE could at the very least reassure the community that investigations ongoing and no updates at the moment. They can also reassure the community that LE is working hard to keep the community safe without specifics. I mean the community or public at large sans perpetrator(s) do not know the exact motive, so their could be some crazed person out and about who is targeting young women. Also, burning people to death is medieval and not common way to murder someone and very painful way to die. Jmo/

Jmo/

Reassurances from police are not guarantees. What exactly do you expect LE to say? Everyone should be aware that crime is a possibility at any time. Personal safety requires diligence whether one lives in a big or small town.

JMO

Reassurances from police are not guarantees. What exactly do you expect LE to say? Everyone should be aware that crime is a possibility at any time. Personal safety requires diligence whether one lives in a big or small town.

JMO

It really could be as simple as periodic local TV news snippet "Police are still seeking community help in the Jessica Chambers case and apprehending suspects...If you have any information, please contact ..." My local news does this during nightly news for local crimes where LE active case and looking for suspects, especially if it is a dangerous crime against human or animals and sometimes for quite awhile. It reminds community that LE is still on case and may trigger someone who knows something to make a call, but it also may stave off public frustration. I don't know how Panola county LLE/news handle PR, but I feel better when my news periodically provides such snippets on local crime and so maybe they already do something like this re: local crime. But that's just my opinion.

I agree, Ms. Shagwell, that ff. has had a great deal of insight in all of the threads pertaining to this case. The silence in this tiny little town, in my opinion, can only be attributed to the fear that was instilled in them via this crime. I am also going back to what my initial gut feeling was, being that JC was used as an example for what happens if you talk. Whether or not JC ever did indeed talk, or snitch, we may never know, but IMO, the correlation between her (allegedly) complaining that 'b****es think i'm snitching", and then being murdered by having accelerant (allegedly) poured down her throat; leads me to have no opinion other than that she was made an example of, if either of those alleged things did happen (snitch comments, accelerant down throat).
The autopsy reports had allegedly been given to LE prior to their news conference where the DA said nothing other than 'they weren't surprised by what the autopsy found' (not exact quote-what I recall without having the time to dig up his statement). Everything thus far that we are dealing with in regards of 'facts' in this case is 'alleged', IMO, as nobody has proved themselves as trustworthy or capable of keeping their story straight.
Pertaining to any tire tracks or any other evidence found at the scene, unfortunately, local LE ruined the crime scene, rushed to remove her car, stayed such a short amount of time that it was blatantly disrespectful and reflected their lack of interest in ever 'solving' this case. LE did, however, do a superb job of making it as difficult as possible for a real investigator to solve this case, as they either disregarded, tainted, or abandoned any actual or potential evidence that could have led to JC's murderer.
It was thoughtful of you to include your input about possibilities that could help the children in PC avoid a life and death such as JC's. I think that the needs everyone, the youth especially, in that county are so far out of reach it would take a grand intervention from top to bottom to make a difference. The corruption and family ties in that area are deep, deep, deep.
All IMO.

Respectfully snipped by me

I haven't been able to read through every post on all 10 threads, but I had the same thoughts as FFJ after ones I did read. I think the silence in Panola is because "this is what happens if you cross the wrong people" and those who know what happened know that. Have there been any similar reports of burned out cars or unusual home or property fires in Panola Co. or nearby cities in the past year? I have a feeling whoever did this to Jessica has had experience with starting fires in and around Panola, and that this horrible crime was premeditated given the amount of planning needed to get her to the crime scene with the materials for the fire and exit without much obvious evidence or witnesses left behind.

And these questions might have been asked and answered in previous posts, but have the autopsy results been released? I can only find MSM reports awaiting the results. And was there any evidence of other tire tracks being found at the crime scene? You would think that if someone was with Jessica in her car, then someone would have been waiting in the getaway car to make the escape fast and clean?

In one of the articles about Jessica's funeral, her dad was quoted as saying that he hoped something good would come from her tragic murder. I would think that those with the Panola Co. schools might want to start with gang and conflict resolution and drug awareness programs in Jessica's name. It seems as though the kids in Panola Co. have too much of both in their volatile surroundings.

Nice to meet you, and hopefully your experience in the literary world comes with some connections that you can use to influence them to take a deeper look into this case. If I had the liberty of quitting my job and leaving my life behind for a couple of months, I would go down there myself and do my best to find some grain of truth. I think that you are dead on when you say that LLE just wants this to all go away, and they are well on their way to making that happen. I see the only hope in finding any closure to this case being a well seasoned, well intended investigator who has the time and resources to go in and start from the beginning. If this hypothetical investigator were to be accompanied by an investigative journalist who has the capabilities and willingness to air a segment of some sort-online, on PBS-anywhere. Without this manner of intervention, I am saddened and frustrated to say that I see this case going nowhere, which is exactly where the people and LLE of PC want it to be. All MOO.

Posting this here, as it ties in a bit to what the above member has said:

I guess I'm going to introduce myself. :) My name is Jill, and I'm an author, editor and former owner of a small press. I'm also a true crime buff (IDTV, YouTube true-crime videos). One day I might try my hand at writing a true-crime novel. We'll see. Jessica's story grabbed my attention due to the lack of national coverage (where was the outrage, I wondered). Then I started reading, and the reason, sadly, became clear. Young white girl, troubled past, dated AA, supposedly gang-affiliated men. "She got what she asked for" and similar/worse sentiments abound, and each time I go online to try to wade through the muck and gather information, I quickly grow frustrated. In among the racist comments, the crazy, off-the-wall theories and regurgitated information, there are very few known facts. And then I watched the LE interviews, and their lackadaisical attitudes (where is the anger, the outrage, the passionate promises to catch this girl's killer?), and I had a bad feeling the investigation is going nowhere, fast. I sense they'd like this whole thing to go away. I think (and this is just my opinion) they're thinking people will forget, despite the involvement of various federal agencies. And where are the investigative reporters on this? Why don't we have stories/interviews with Jessica's close friends? Where are they? If she was at a party (as has been rumored online) before 7:30, where are the interviews with her fellow party goers? There are 400 people in this community. Assuming someone local did this crime, I cannot believe it can go unsolved. There's a 54K dollar reward offered in this case, and you can hear crickets chirping. Who among those 400 people has enough power, invokes enough fear (?) to counteract that kind of a monetary incentive to talk? One very interesting thing I did find while researching online are screen shots of various social media posts, wherein members of that community who knew Jessica or knew of her made statements such as "they went too far". Who is "they"? Back to LLE--even when asked about providing protection to someone who came forward to offer information, they responded in a way that wouldn't motivate *me* to come forward, if I had information but feared for my life. I believe they qualified their "yes, that's available" response with something like, "and we could look into that". Umm. Not exactly a confidence-inspiring statement. The silence when it comes to anything new in this case is overwhelming. Under other circumstances, we'd be seeing interviews with the victim's friends, family, first-grade teacher, profiles on the gang activity in the area, re-enactments of her known activities that evening... Instead, there are vague news updates stating the case isn't cold, but they have no real suspects, and no idea why someone killed her. :-(
Anyway, I'm sorry to ramble. Those are my initial thoughts on this case. I look forward to interacting with all of you here!

Still going with 'suicide' here until compelling evidence speaks to the contrary.

Love reading all opinions though; you guys are great.

While I agree with what you are saying, can I disagree at the same time? I think that we re not being too impatient, because we have been lied to, misguided, and presented with minimal information (whether or not what we have been given is valid is up in the air to me). I also stopped wondering why her friends aren't banding together or demanding justice, because my conclusion is that this poor young girl had no real friends. I think that she was surrounded y users and manipulators, and there was little to no genuine friendships or love in her short time here on Earth. Selling T-shirts does not equate concern or despair to me. Using donation money for a private investigator, or running to any news media source that I could track down, would, however express a real interest in justice for my 'friend'. All MOO.

It seems to me that it would take a kind of "Erin Brokovich" investigating of some sort to shake things up. I know that would not be a very practical thing for someone to commit to. It would have to be someone with a passion AND LOTS OF TIME to get it done. I too often wonder why her friends aren't banding together to resolve this -- pick everything a part. After all, they do talk about how well they knew and loved her. Then, you wonder, are we being too impatient? I guess its just too quiet. I agree with the killing being some sort of hate towards Jessica. I have heard it said so often around here that a bullet is all that would've been needed if she had been a snitch. It would seem (to me, that is) that if LE would release more info. from the autopsy, on whether or not she had be sexually active/abused that night -- that it might narrow the perpetrator as being male or female.

But what do I really know. All I know is that I want "Justice for Jessica." I have to be honest and say that I stand back at times from the forums because it really gets me a bit depressed in knowing this thing is unresolved. I just hate it for that poor girl and the others like her......to end up like this.

JMO

Simple periodic bits/bytes like this below. I guess they are providing periodic local updates b/c this is from today and which works jmo:
Sheriff: Rumors about arrests in Jessica Chambers case are false
Posted: Apr 05, 2015 9:30 AM EDT Updated: Apr 05, 2015 10:13 AM EDT
By Michael Clark
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ut-arrests-in-jessica-chambers-case-are-false
Darby says his team continues to work leads daily, but said no arrests have been made.

Still going with 'suicide' here until compelling evidence speaks to the contrary.

Love reading all opinions though; you guys are great.

And I remain unpersuaded this was not simply a tragic accident.

Past history of individuals speak about today-type of activities.

Moo

Names mentioned in online postings may have been brought into the jail for unrelated charges, but Darby emphasized the individuals were not brought in for the Chambers case.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ut-arrests-in-jessica-chambers-case-are-false

What does that statement even mean?

Well, it could mean that names were brought in for questioning but not the individuals, LOL. More seriously, the people attached to the names must have been brought in for some other possible offense (after being linked on-line to JC's death). This could be a good thing, IMO, as investigating one offense sometimes leads to another. But yeah ... what a confusing statement!

Names mentioned in online postings may have been brought into the jail for unrelated charges, but Darby emphasized the individuals were not brought in for the Chambers case.

What does that statement even mean?

At one time I thought maybe LLE were bringing people in on other charges to shake the tree a bit and see if anything falls out, but I have since come to believe that if anything did fall out, it would have to fall on them before they would notice and act on it. JMO

Bloggers had accused them of involvement but they were just busted for drugs, maybe? (That one guy has accused everybody imaginable of complicity, LOL.)

Well, it could mean that names were brought in for questioning but not the individuals, LOL. More seriously, the people attached to the names must have been brought in for some other possible offense (after being linked on-line to JC's death). This could be a good thing, IMO, as investigating one offense sometimes leads to another. But yeah ... what a confusing statement!

At one time I thought maybe LLE were bringing people in on other charges to shake the tree a bit and see if anything falls out, but I have since come to believe that if anything did fall out, it would have to fall on them before they would notice and act on it. JMO

BBM
Great answers. :bowdown:mad:SteveP wins the award! :goldcrown::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members