MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not have worded my feelings any better, ffj. I have gotten the used car dealer vibe for quite a while. Regarding the disregarded evidence, your guess is as good as mine whether or not it came from JC's car or another, and I have a feeling that we will never know, because it was/will never be investigated. Regarding AA, I also stand by my initial gut feeling that something was 'off' with his initial post, and his seemingly immediate departure thereafter, not to mention him being the only person to date to be 'cleared' by LE-and so soon after JC's death, nonetheless. This case has reeked since day 1, and is continuing to rot before our very eyes.
And to SteveP, unfortunately, I am thinking that they have not been 'investigating' this case for some time. Out of sight, out of mind. :facepalm:

[/B]

I'd like to know why the sheriff is still employed, and that DA exhibits as much professionalism as a used car dealer.

Windshield wipers aren't made like they used to be. They're all lightweight metal composites or in really expensive cars, carbon fiber. I'm talking about the armatures now. Neither of those materials would make much of a serious weapon. It would be great for inflicting pain, but not much more. Considering how intact it looked, I believe we're talking about the armature that made it's rounds on the tertiary news sites, found later after the crime scene was abandoned and *assumed* to be one from Jessica's vehicle. Those would bend, or break. Now if we were talking about an armature from a 50 Desoto, or a 72 Cadillac, or even an 05 BMW that's a different story, but this is an economy car, and not a maker concerned with quality or longevity.

When I first started following this case, just a few days after it happened I knew nothing at all about Mr. Alsanai other than his name, and that there were possible ties to gang activity. The first thing I thought when I saw what he shared on social media, was his announcement of fait accompli. The very thought disturbed me deeply. Weeks later, after watching his interviews and observing what I believed was his candor, I changed my mind. It seemed to me like he could be a decent person. However, further observation of his behavior, some of the things he "said" or acknowledged, changed my mind again. I think it was exactly as I surmised initially. The job is done, here's the proof, this is what happens if you cross the wrong people.

ALL of this is MOO, well except for the windshield wiper bit, that's informed opinion.

I don't get the vibe that Ali was involved, other than being the first of many town criers about the events that went down. M&M was pretty much ground zero at the beginning of the so-called investigation....moreso than the crime scene itself! I do think that Feds may have fish to fry dealing with that place of business, though, and that is why Ali's daddy got him out of there. Also, he may have given information to LE (Feds) that we have not heard about. JMO

I don't get the vibe that Ali was involved, other than being the first of many town criers about the events that went down. M&M was pretty much ground zero at the beginning of the so-called investigation....moreso than the crime scene itself! I do think that Feds may have fish to fry dealing with that place of business, though, and that is why Ali's daddy got him out of there. Also, he may have given information to LE (Feds) that we have not heard about. JMO

BBM. I've shared that opinion from the beginning of this case.

[/B]

When I first started following this case, just a few days after it happened I knew nothing at all about Mr. Alsanai other than his name, and that there were possible ties to gang activity. The first thing I thought when I saw what he shared on social media, was his announcement of fait accompli. The very thought disturbed me deeply. Weeks later, after watching his interviews and observing what I believed was his candor, I changed my mind. It seemed to me like he could be a decent person. However, further observation of his behavior, some of the things he "said" or acknowledged, changed my mind again. I think it was exactly as I surmised initially. The job is done, here's the proof, this is what happens if you cross the wrong people.

ALL of this is MOO, well except for the windshield wiper bit, that's informed opinion.

Respectfully snipped by me

I haven't been able to read through every post on all 10 threads, but I had the same thoughts as FFJ after ones I did read. I think the silence in Panola is because "this is what happens if you cross the wrong people" and those who know what happened know that. Have there been any similar reports of burned out cars or unusual home or property fires in Panola Co. or nearby cities in the past year? I have a feeling whoever did this to Jessica has had experience with starting fires in and around Panola, and that this horrible crime was premeditated given the amount of planning needed to get her to the crime scene with the materials for the fire and exit without much obvious evidence or witnesses left behind.

And these questions might have been asked and answered in previous posts, but have the autopsy results been released? I can only find MSM reports awaiting the results. And was there any evidence of other tire tracks being found at the crime scene? You would think that if someone was with Jessica in her car, then someone would have been waiting in the getaway car to make the escape fast and clean?

In one of the articles about Jessica's funeral, her dad was quoted as saying that he hoped something good would come from her tragic murder. I would think that those with the Panola Co. schools might want to start with gang and conflict resolution and drug awareness programs in Jessica's name. It seems as though the kids in Panola Co. have too much of both in their volatile surroundings.

Are there any posters here from the Panola County MS area? If so I wish you would speak up to let us know what people in that area are thinking with a heinous killer running loose .... if I lived in the area I would be in constant panic mode.

Samantha, I'm from the area, sort of. I'm about 15 minutes away. But I know people there. I'm still not really up on the do's and don'ts of posting here on Websleuths, so moderators might not appreciate my comments and delete me. We'll see. You asked about what people in the area are thinking. I'll give you what I know, OR, what I hear. There is a side that continues to claim that Dad did it or something relative to him. There is another side that said Jessica hung around with the wrong group of people and set herself up for this tragedy. That is what I hear. Yes, it is MOST frustrating! In my opinion there is not enough outrage for what has happened to Jessica. It really is, as if, people just don't know what to do........except for the selling of t-shirts which is going pretty strong. I just cant believe that IF this had been because of gang related OR it was family/friend that someone hasn't come forward with some kind of information. Something strange they may have noticed. Something! I think people are in denial OR afraid it could come back to bite them in the butt if they came forward. I still truly believe that drugs were apart of this thing and a lot of drug dealers could be exposed. I still believe that she was with someone that could have started out that night as two people getting high, and then, maybe Jessica rejected someone's advances. I just do. Evidence is what is lacking. I wont go any further. I have even heard of information getting to the authorities and nothing becoming of it because of no evidence. When authorities say that Jessica was at her last destination for 30 minutes, something had to be going on besides just pulling up and setting her on fire.

Respectfully snipped by me

I haven't been able to read through every post on all 10 threads, but I had the same thoughts as FFJ after ones I did read. I think the silence in Panola is because "this is what happens if you cross the wrong people" and those who know what happened know that. Have there been any similar reports of burned out cars or unusual home or property fires in Panola Co. or nearby cities in the past year? I have a feeling whoever did this to Jessica has had experience with starting fires in and around Panola, and that this horrible crime was premeditated given the amount of planning needed to get her to the crime scene with the materials for the fire and exit without much obvious evidence or witnesses left behind.

And these questions might have been asked and answered in previous posts, but have the autopsy results been released? I can only find MSM reports awaiting the results. And was there any evidence of other tire tracks being found at the crime scene? You would think that if someone was with Jessica in her car, then someone would have been waiting in the getaway car to make the escape fast and clean?

In one of the articles about Jessica's funeral, her dad was quoted as saying that he hoped something good would come from her tragic murder. I would think that those with the Panola Co. schools might want to start with gang and conflict resolution and drug awareness programs in Jessica's name. It seems as though the kids in Panola Co. have too much of both in their volatile surroundings.

I don't think autopsy results have been released yet and probably won't be until grand jury proceedings, but Idk, not sure.

My very first post here, so if I do this wrong, please let me know and I apologize in advance. :-/
My understanding, based on media releases and LE news conferences, is that they know where she was based on her cell-phone usage. She was on the phone with her mother, and apparently the phone also "pinged" on various towers, allowing LE to triangulate and track her location. Based on a recent timeline released by LE, they know where she was at every point except for the hour between 6:30 and 7:31 (when she arrived at the Herron Road location).

If as the timeline indicates she was back in Courtland from 6:30 until her car was spotted at 7:31

First, I definitely did something wrong last post. It went to the end of the thread, instead of replying to the original poster. Sorry!

Second, in response to this, I don't believe her car was spotted at 7:31. I'm pretty sure LE put it there via cell phone triangulation/tracking.

My very first post here, so if I do this wrong, please let me know and I apologize in advance. :-/
My understanding, based on media releases and LE news conferences, is that they know where she was based on her cell-phone usage. She was on the phone with her mother, and apparently the phone also "pinged" on various towers, allowing LE to triangulate and track her location. Based on a recent timeline released by LE, they know where she was at every point except for the hour between 6:30 and 7:31 (when she arrived at the Herron Road location).

So if her phone stopped pinging once the battery was removed (if that's the way it works), she could have been at the Herron Rd. location for that entire hour or is there another scenario that's more probable?

(Afterthought) I've never been a big fan of red light or speed cameras (esp after getting a ticket from one), but it would have been very helpful if there was one or two of them in Courtland near the M&M and around the Herron Rd. area.

So if her phone stopped pinging once the battery was removed (if that's the way it works), she could have been at the Herron Rd. location for that entire hour or is there another scenario that's more probable?

My guess is that's correct. She was there from that point, until she was found. Here's the thing... Everyone is assuming the perp was there that whole time, too. I don't think that's necessarily the case. Whoever did this to her could have done it within a few minutes of Jessica arriving at that location. Phone last pings at 7:31 on Herron Road. There's some kind of altercation in the car. Maybe an argument. Someone in the passenger side grabs the wheel or otherwise fights for control of the vehicle. I think there's a lot of anger here, at this point. For all anyone knows, Jessica was in the passenger seat and the driver was threatening to take her somewhere. She grabs the wheel. In any case, they end up where her car was found, up the little embankment near the tree. (The position of the car indicates, to me, that it was parked during some kind of struggle or under duress. I don't think Jessica--or anyone else--purposely pulled it up that little hill like that. Whoever was driving was a bit out of control of the car). More arguing ensues. Without a fire, other vehicles could pass and not necessarily notice or think anything of her car being back there, or maybe no one else drove by at the time. Argument gets completely out of control. Jessica threatens to call 9-1-1. Perp grabs her phone and rips out the battery, more to stop her from calling anyone than to stop pings. OR, perp throws her phone against the dashboard or out the window. When it lands, the battery comes out (happens to my daughter's phone every single time she drops it...which is often). More struggling. Then the perp bashes her on the head. Then, either thinking they killed her and hoping to hide any DNA, or *wanting* to finish her off/kill her and hide any DNA, whoever this is douses her and the car with some kind of flammable liquid (which indicates anger/personal hatred, imo), lights her on fire, climbs out of the car and walks away. This scenario could take us until what--7:50? After a few minutes, Jessica either comes to or recovers her senses enough to climb out of the car. Maybe she falls to the ground and lies there a few minutes. Then, a few minutes later, someone sees a fire and reports it. Someone drives by and sees the car and reports it. Firemen show up and find Jessica walking down the road, near her burning vehicle...

Question--has it been reported, one way or the other, if Jessica was raped? I ask because there seem to be 2 things bad guys seem to use to destroy DNA when they've raped a woman and want to hide their tracks--one is bleach and the other is fire.

I will just put this out there now because there is little left to talk about. I believe, when all is said and done, Jessica's murder was not directly drug related, in that I don't believe that it had anything to do with the purchase or sale of drugs, real or fake. I don't believe it was done by a gangbanger trying to silence a perceived "snitch". A bullet would be far more likely in either of those circumstances, imo. At one time I believed Jessica was driven to the Herron Rd location, but I now tend to believe that she drove herself there, and had every intention of meeting up with someone, and quite probably the person that either killed her or was at least one of those involved in killing her. I don't believe that her death was a hate crime in the sense of being killed because of her race, but make no mistake, whoever killed her hated her, at least at the time of the murder, and wanted her to suffer and feel pain. It was personal. It is possible that she was killed by someone who wanted to be with her but had been rejected, but I believe that ultimately, Jessica died because she was sleeping with someone's man, or had been, or was thought to be or thought to have been. Maybe she wanted to end it and he didnt, or maybe she wanted to expose it, against his wishes. I may be way offbase, and it is all my opinion and speculation only, but it is what I have thought for a while now, though I have considered many motives over the past almost four months. And she may not have been sleeping with any of the most likely suspects, which may explain why none of the many characters questioned have ever been charged. JMO

ETA...If and when the autopsy results are ever released, I will not be surprised to find that she was raped or otherwise sexually assaulted before she was killed.

I don't believe that her death was a hate crime in the sense of being killed because of her race, but make no mistake, whoever killed her hated her, at least at the time of the murder, and wanted her to suffer and feel pain. It was personal.

Just based on how she was killed and things I've read on different social media sites (particularly posts made by different females), I have to agree with you. Definitely personal anger. Whether planned (someone had gas or lighter fluid or something with them) or in the heat of passion, I think the person who did this knew her, and that it had nothing to do with drugs (except maybe peripherally, as in, that may have been the excuse to get her out there--"let's go smoke a bowl/do a line/whatever"). I don't think it's gang-related, unless the person who killed her just so happened to be a gang member or gang affiliated... That actually makes the most sense, when you factor in the silence. The only people who know what happened are gang members or gang affiliates, thus, the "code" against snitches comes into play. But that doesn't necessarily mean she was killed because she did something against a gang (such as threatened to snitch or expose someone) or ripped someone off. That would have been considered "business" -- and a bullet or a knife would have handled matters. This, being "personal", called for a more hate-filled response. I've seriously considered a female perpetrator, especially if it turns out she wasn't raped or otherwise sexually assaulted. Hell hath no fury, and all that... Quite possible she messed with a woman's man, and that woman sought revenge. Nothing like burning to ruin another woman's beauty.

I'm still hoping as well, but now even more of the belief that this is a distinct and clear cover-up on the behalf of local LE. I cannot shake the statement made by the DA almost immediately after JC's death, saying that he did not anticipate an arrest to be made in her case. I also cannot forget about all of the blatant wrongdoings, missteps, things overlooked, unexamined, and mishandled in the initial hours of the investigation, directly after JC was found. This case is more and more like a bad crime novel as the days go by, with contradictory media statements, lack of coverage, and the host of drama and general shadiness from all of those who were close to JC, related to JC, or associates of JC. I am now more interested in why local LE botched this investigation from the get-go. I am no longer giving them the benefit of the doubt, and hoping that it was due to lack of training, experience, etc. I want to know what they are hiding, who they are covering for, and why. The answer to these questions will lead us to the truth behind JC's last hours, and her murder. All MOO.

Posting this here, as it ties in a bit to what the above member has said:

I guess I'm going to introduce myself. :-) My name is Jill, and I'm an author, editor and former owner of a small press. I'm also a true crime buff (IDTV, YouTube true-crime videos). One day I might try my hand at writing a true-crime novel. We'll see. Jessica's story grabbed my attention due to the lack of national coverage (where was the outrage, I wondered). Then I started reading, and the reason, sadly, became clear. Young white girl, troubled past, dated AA, supposedly gang-affiliated men. "She got what she asked for" and similar/worse sentiments abound, and each time I go online to try to wade through the muck and gather information, I quickly grow frustrated. In among the racist comments, the crazy, off-the-wall theories and regurgitated information, there are very few known facts. And then I watched the LE interviews, and their lackadaisical attitudes (where is the anger, the outrage, the passionate promises to catch this girl's killer?), and I had a bad feeling the investigation is going nowhere, fast. I sense they'd like this whole thing to go away. I think (and this is just my opinion) they're thinking people will forget, despite the involvement of various federal agencies. And where are the investigative reporters on this? Why don't we have stories/interviews with Jessica's close friends? Where are they? If she was at a party (as has been rumored online) before 7:30, where are the interviews with her fellow party goers? There are 400 people in this community. Assuming someone local did this crime, I cannot believe it can go unsolved. There's a 54K dollar reward offered in this case, and you can hear crickets chirping. Who among those 400 people has enough power, invokes enough fear (?) to counteract that kind of a monetary incentive to talk? One very interesting thing I did find while researching online are screen shots of various social media posts, wherein members of that community who knew Jessica or knew of her made statements such as "they went too far". Who is "they"? Back to LLE--even when asked about providing protection to someone who came forward to offer information, they responded in a way that wouldn't motivate *me* to come forward, if I had information but feared for my life. I believe they qualified their "yes, that's available" response with something like, "and we could look into that". Umm. Not exactly a confidence-inspiring statement. The silence when it comes to anything new in this case is overwhelming. Under other circumstances, we'd be seeing interviews with the victim's friends, family, first-grade teacher, profiles on the gang activity in the area, re-enactments of her known activities that evening... Instead, there are vague news updates stating the case isn't cold, but they have no real suspects, and no idea why someone killed her. :-(
Anyway, I'm sorry to ramble. Those are my initial thoughts on this case. I look forward to interacting with all of you here!

I have to ask WHY there hasn't been any recent statements by LE concerning this case. If I were a citizen of the Panola County area and MS I would be outraged .... if they think people will forget then they are dead wrong .... I'll never forget this case.

I have to ask WHY there hasn't been any recent statements by LE concerning this case. If I were a citizen of the Panola County area and MS I would be outraged .... if they think people will forget then they are dead wrong .... I'll never forget this case.

Exactly.

... I don't think it's gang-related, unless the person who killed her just so happened to be a gang member or gang affiliated... That actually makes the most sense, when you factor in the silence. The only people who know what happened are gang members or gang affiliates, thus, the "code" against snitches comes into play. But that doesn't necessarily mean she was killed because she did something against a gang (such as threatened to snitch or expose someone) or ripped someone off. That would have been considered "business" -- and a bullet or a knife would have handled matters. This, being "personal", called for a more hate-filled response. I've seriously considered a female perpetrator, especially if it turns out she wasn't raped or otherwise sexually assaulted. Hell hath no fury, and all that... Quite possible she messed with a woman's man, and that woman sought revenge. Nothing like burning to ruin another woman's beauty.

You make a good point and I think the longer this case remains unsolved, the more likely it is gang-related silence or less individuals involved in crime. I agree that it is only gang related in the sense Jessica may have dated a gang member, and have a particular person that raises my suspicions, but I don't think he dated Jessica.

Jessica suffered an immensely painful and horrific death and I wouldn't wish it on my own worst enemy. I keep thinking about how Jessica could have been any teenager that encountered the wrong person(s). It was very personal and rage filled crime and there is nothing that Jessica could have done to provoke it. Individual(s) must have some serious mental/emotional problem, career criminal, drug-crazed or even someone who has such perverse-crazed philosophies filled by hate.

A few SM posts from individuals seem to spew hate against white women or make really bad jokes about them. Totally offensive and mean-spirited and would not have wanted to socialize with the likes of such individuals if I were Jessica, so two-faced. So even if someone has been "cleared" by LE, they seem to have a sick sense of humor regarding white women and that's distasteful at minimum, but given other facts who knows where that may lead...

There may be a larger investigation at play, and if there isn't then there should be, jmo. I really hope for better and safer times for the community and Panola county. Jmo/

It seems to me that it would take a kind of "Erin Brokovich" investigating of some sort to shake things up. I know that would not be a very practical thing for someone to commit to. It would have to be someone with a passion AND LOTS OF TIME to get it done. I too often wonder why her friends aren't banding together to resolve this -- pick everything a part. After all, they do talk about how well they knew and loved her. Then, you wonder, are we being too impatient? I guess its just too quiet. I agree with the killing being some sort of hate towards Jessica. I have heard it said so often around here that a bullet is all that would've been needed if she had been a snitch. It would seem (to me, that is) that if LE would release more info. from the autopsy, on whether or not she had be sexually active/abused that night -- that it might narrow the perpetrator as being male or female.

But what do I really know. All I know is that I want "Justice for Jessica." I have to be honest and say that I stand back at times from the forums because it really gets me a bit depressed in knowing this thing is unresolved. I just hate it for that poor girl and the others like her......to end up like this.

I think there could be a couple of reasons for the lack of progress here. 1.) Law enforcement has a very good idea who is responsible for the murder, but they don't have the evidence yet to prove it. They could be slowly working people to perhaps confess or loosen some tight lips. 2.) There is possibility that the crime was a random act, the perpetrator had no other connection to Jessica, perhaps a transient passing through. I really hope this isn't the case, because it would mean the crime would be nearly impossible to solve.

Keep in mind the silence could be because the State of Mississippi uses a grand jury for charges to be brought. The Sheriff & DA made it pretty clear early on that evidence such as the autopsy report are not going to be public ahead of the grand jury. There are also several federal LE agencies involved and the feds NEVER comment on an ongoing criminal investigation unless they public needs to know, such as in cases of fleeing suspects.

Only four months have elapsed. In complicated cases such as this one, that's not a long time.

JMO

Just based on how she was killed and things I've read on different social media sites (particularly posts made by different females), I have to agree with you. Definitely personal anger. Whether planned (someone had gas or lighter fluid or something with them) or in the heat of passion, I think the person who did this knew her, and that it had nothing to do with drugs (except maybe peripherally, as in, that may have been the excuse to get her out there--"let's go smoke a bowl/do a line/whatever"). I don't think it's gang-related, unless the person who killed her just so happened to be a gang member or gang affiliated... That actually makes the most sense, when you factor in the silence. The only people who know what happened are gang members or gang affiliates, thus, the "code" against snitches comes into play. But that doesn't necessarily mean she was killed because she did something against a gang (such as threatened to snitch or expose someone) or ripped someone off. That would have been considered "business" -- and a bullet or a knife would have handled matters. This, being "personal", called for a more hate-filled response. I've seriously considered a female perpetrator, especially if it turns out she wasn't raped or otherwise sexually assaulted. Hell hath no fury, and all that... Quite possible she messed with a woman's man, and that woman sought revenge. Nothing like burning to ruin another woman's beauty.
I'm 100% with you and the poster you were responding to. Ive always felt like this reeks of a woman's hate and rage.

I'm 100% with you and the poster you were responding to. Ive always felt like this reeks of a woman's hate and rage.

Don't forget, jealousy. The specific burning of Jessica's beautiful face and throat does give the impression her killer is a woman.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member