MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about this is that emails are not anonymous ..... their name and IP address can be located.

(edited to add you said snail mail not email .... haven't had enough coffee yet, lol, however fingerprints can be lifted off of snail mail envelopes unless the mailer uses gloves, but your idea is good.)

Wouldn't there have to be prints in the system to identify someone though?

Use gloves, and don't lick the stamp or envelope.

Use a library computer. (Wear sunglasses and a hat. Lol)

There ARE ways to remain anonymous.

The thing about this is that emails are not anonymous ..... their name and IP address can be located.

(edited to add you said snail mail not email .... haven't had enough coffee yet, lol, however fingerprints can be lifted off of snail mail envelopes unless the mailer uses gloves, but your idea is good.)
Yes, one can wear gloves. Also the tipster wouldn't be signing his/her name. I'm sure that whichever LE agency received the mail would just be pleased to get a viable lead & hopefully they'd do a follow up.

Good suggestions Bessie. And most stamps today are self sticking (& even envelopes with the removable strips). Lol! One could even mail it out of state.

Yes, I agree that Greta was certainly baffled, she stated, "how many people in such a small area would have a name close to the name Jessica mentioned" and she stated that the name wasn't a common name like Jim. She seemed baffled that this had not been investigated to the fullest. I do wish that Greta would send a high grade investigative reporter to the area.

This proves that she did very little investigation. I've found 34 names connected with the town. Approximately 25 of those have connections of some sort with either Jessica or within the social group.

:eek:fftopic:

:flashback:One of my best memories is seeing Janis Joplin & Big Brother and the Holding Company in the Fillmore West! Thank-you for reminding me of her enormous talent. Janis Joplin was like a comet she burned bright :candle: but she left us much too soon.:sigh:

Anonoe,well said! I posted much the same sentiment on an earlier thread.

As I join you & many other Websleuthers sitting back and waiting. Several brilliant observations over the course of last 10 threads come to mind.

I have made it clear,since very early on,I thought the perp was likely a female with one/two accomponist It was my opinion then and it has never changed.

Absentia,(whose post I now quote) stands out and (in my opinion only)totally nailed the psychological makeup of (my concept) of the perpetrator.This is what sticks out in my mind about Absentias profile,"This female has totally de-personified and demonized JC in her mind as the source of all evil and all the problems in her life and probably feels relief of her anxiety, and seems happy and free right now." Finally,I recall how this resonated with me,,"The perp had a sense of entitlement and the belief she had the right to PUNISH the victim".

Quickly,to conclude,in the Gretawire segment yesterday. A very frustrated Greta(almost an after thought)says 'dead serious' she might send
Griff Jenkins & Ted Williams to investigate and get some answers for her.

For now I go back into lurk mode :waiting:Sitting back and waiting...

All in in the above post is speculation and my opinion only.
:moo:

<BBM for Focus>

MizStery, I replied to Greta's statement; 'Greta, please send Griff Jenkins & Ted Williams to Courtland, MS, ASAP'...

Alright, that article basically confirms that the phone call between Lisa and Jessica DID take place. So assuming Lisa's phone times are good approximations, Jessica was alive and well as late as 7:13. She likely was with her phone on Herron Rd at 7:31, then. Some people have speculated that the phone could've been there, but she may have not been, etc. etc. She likely drove herself to that spot and the assault took place there where after she was burned alive.

If she was moving through or around the time before/after the phone call with her mom, and technology was spotty on cell phone towers to pinpoint where she may have been, if her phone had roaming wifi, would there be any way to track the movement of her phone based on the wifi signals she may have passed? Does that even make sense? Gratefully referring to info posted by 2LuckyDogs' post #66, quoted here

If more than one person knows something, it's no longer a secret. The only secrets anyone has are the ones they've kept entirely to themselves. So, if more than one person was involved in this horrific murder, it will come out sooner or later. I believe there WAS more than one person who did this. It might have been only one person who formed the intent, but someone or several someones knows about it, went along with it, and/or helped carry it out. These are some of the most evil people imaginable, IMO, and sooner or later one of them will break from the stress of carrying this weight. All it takes is for ONE to break, then the others will come tumbling down with them.

Okay, from this article, it seems that LE believes that Jessica was moving during her call with Lisa, and that is why the data was of little use. IIRC, and I am going from my memory, didn't Lisa state that it was very quiet when she and Jessica were talking, no background noise, or engine noise, radio, etc? If you have ever talked to anyone who was in a moving auto at the time, if your experience is like mine, you knew it. There are just certain background noises and such that give it away. So who is playing who here? Is Lisa mistaken or untruthful to everyone, or is Champion still being less than forthcoming with the public, and thus the perp(s), or, the other remaining thought, which carries implications that we don't even want to go to, is the US Marshals Service being less than truthful with local LE? I just believe that if she was moving during the time of her call, Jessica's mom would have been able to discern that. JMO

ETA.. I suppose she could have been moving room to room within a house, but seems like if that were the case, LE could get a basic fix on where she was when she kept walking back into better reception areas.

Looking for input from someone with LE background.

Assuming this case is solved, and those responsible are convicted, what happens to those who knew something but did not come forward? Would they be charged as accessories to murder, even though they may not have participated in the planning or execution of the crime? Or would it be considered obstruction of justice?

This assumes after all the available evidence is presented, including autopsy results, forensics, phone records, etc. that it becomes obvious what the friends or relatives of those accused knew, or should have known, more than they were willing to share with LE.

Okay, from this article, it seems that LE believes that Jessica was moving during her call with Lisa, and that is why the data was of little use. IIRC, and I am going from my memory, didn't Lisa state that it was very quiet when she and Jessica were talking, no background noise, or engine noise, radio, etc? If you have ever talked to anyone who was in a moving auto at the time, if your experience is like mine, you knew it. There are just certain background noises and such that give it away. So who is playing who here? Is Lisa mistaken or untruthful to everyone, or is Champion still being less than forthcoming, or, the other remaining thought, which carries implications that we don't even want to go to, is the US Marshals Service being less than truthful with local LE? I just believe that if she was moving during the time of her call, Jessica's mom would have been able to discern that. JMO

I don't think there's a discrepancy. Jessica may have pulled over somewhere to speak with her mom and then kept driving. She may have been within about a 10 - 15 minute drive of where she was found, passing through reception dead zones. It would take local knowledge, what carrier she had, and lots of tech info to begin to make any sense of that.

It always sounded to me like the conversation she shared with her mom that night was different from their usual check in, longer more of 'yes, yes, mom I love you in nature,' and patient, kind, toward the normal nagging mom's do, almost reassuring on Jessica's part. Of course her mom has the best sense of this. So,where ever she was in Courtland and whomever she may have been with at the point, or going to be with, it may have been somebody that had Jessica in that state of mind. Who could that be?

Assuming this case is solved, and those responsible are convicted, what happens to those who knew something but did not come forward? Would they be charged as accessories to murder, even though they may not have participated in the planning or execution of the crime? Or would it be considered obstruction of justice?

This assumes after all the available evidence is presented, including autopsy results, forensics, phone records, etc. that it becomes obvious what the friends or relatives of those accused knew, or should have known, more than they were willing to share with LE.

Considering the fact the feds are involved, if anybody is caught in a lie told to federal agents, they can be prosecuted as was Martha Stewart.

JMO

Have we been able to decipher what kind of phone that Jessica was using that night? That would be helpful here, for me at least. I am only familiar with iPhones, Blackberry's, and Samsung Galaxies. On these three types of smart phones, even when you are on the phone and traveling, you are using data. If you have apps that use data, they are responding to data. If you have email set up on your phone, it is on constant standby to receive a new email. If you have a social media app such as Facebook, it is constantly updating, even when not opened or in use, to be prepared for the second that you tap that app, to give you the most up to date information possible. This is my experience and understanding, at least. SteveP, I am with you in wondering, who is playing who here? I see all of your suggestions as being possibilities. Possibly, LC was mistaken or is being untruthful, for whatever reason. Possibly, Champion is being less than forthcoming. And finally, possibly, the US Marshals Service is being less than truthful with local LE. IMO, in this case especially, I would be shocked if the US Marshals, FBI, DEA, or any other federal entity was completely open with the local LE. I am not bashing LE in general here, so please do not misinterpret what I am getting at here. From a law enforcement standpoint, local LE proved themselves from day one, minute one, to be either inept or corrupt. Federal Agents are hired selectively, and they are a tight knit group of people. In their profession, they are trained to tell only what needs to be known, in every situation. When put to the task of working with a local LE agency, Feds will go over what they are presented with, what has been covered already, and they will take it from there, in their own direction, whatever direction that may be. Initially, I was shocked that the Feds allowed Champion to remain the 'spokesperson' for this case, until I reminded myself, that everyone has a strategy. By allowing Champion to continue to publicly parade misinformation, contradictions, and exclusions of facts, there is a strategy taking place here before us. Perhaps it is a strategy geared towards their local audience. Perhaps this is a strategy geared towards the perps. Perhaps this is a strategy being aimed at or in respect of some state government officials. I am unsure of what the strategy is, but I am confident that there is one. Whether or not Champion is privy to the larger scheme of things, I do not know. Part of me hopes he is not.

Okay, from this article, it seems that LE believes that Jessica was moving during her call with Lisa, and that is why the data was of little use. IIRC, and I am going from my memory, didn't Lisa state that it was very quiet when she and Jessica were talking, no background noise, or engine noise, radio, etc? If you have ever talked to anyone who was in a moving auto at the time, if your experience is like mine, you knew it. There are just certain background noises and such that give it away. So who is playing who here? Is Lisa mistaken or untruthful to everyone, or is Champion still being less than forthcoming with the public, and thus the perp(s), or, the other remaining thought, which carries implications that we don't even want to go to, is the US Marshals Service being less than truthful with local LE? I just believe that if she was moving during the time of her call, Jessica's mom would have been able to discern that. JMO

ETA.. I suppose she could have been moving room to room within a house, but seems like if that were the case, LE could get a basic fix on where she was when she kept walking back into better reception areas.

I think all or almost all the information the public has been told is FALSE. JMO

These are all good questions. In regards to what happens to those who knew something but did not come forward, it depends. They could be charged with interfering with the investigation, especially if they were previously interviewed, and did not come forward with useful information. If they were asked specifically about something and denied knowledge, and it is later proved that they were not truthful or forthcoming, they will most likely be, at a minimum, charged with interfering with an investigation. If they were a witness, they can be charged with capital murder as well, depending on the state, as they did nothing to prevent the crime, and did not report it soon thereafter. This could possibly dissolve into a second degree murder charge. If they had any part in concealing evidence, there is another charge. Obstruction of justice is always a possibility as well, but if the prosecution is serious about justice, they will go for the more serious charges. Also, in cases where murders are premeditated, if someone was aware of the plan, and did nothing to prevent it, they are just as guilty as the offending party, if this can be proved. It is also to be considered that other crimes may have taken place as well, such as kidnapping, robbery, rape, not to mention the obvious arson. Any person privy to any of these crimes faces myriad charges, which is one reason why our justice system allows for plea agreements, to allow for persons who may not have had intent to commit a crime, but to have became involved by situation or circumstances, to assist law enforcement by providing unknown information or evidence that they need to secure a conviction of the primary perpetrator.
By coming forward, a person has the opportunity to possibly avoid serious charges, if they are willing to cooperate. It may be a matter of avoiding prosecution completely, or possibly to face lesser charges. It all depends. There is no black/white in the justice system. It's all one big grey area, and it is chess, not checkers, so everyone has to play the right piece, at the right time. This goes for the criminals, witnesses, victims, LE, prosecution, defense attorneys, feds, judges, and so on.

I watched an episode of Murder Book last night. So many witnesses could have supplied enough evidence for an arrest and prosecution but they didn't offer up any help. Finally convicted the murderer 30 years later and he only got 3 1/2 years. He was released in 2014 and after learning about his profile, he's definitely going to kill again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I watched an episode of Murder Book last night. So many witnesses could have supplied enough evidence for an arrest and prosecution but they didn't offer up any help. Finally convicted the murderer 30 years later and he only got 3 1/2 years. He was released in 2014 and after learning about his profile, he's definitely going to kill again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

Second verse, same as the first. Sadly, I can see this case becoming another episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98