MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a crime someone had done before, I don't think he, she, or they would have left Jessica alive and thus able to speak to first responders, if that is indeed what happened. Bit of a big misstep, that.

What stood out to me in the Panolian article was the word "corruption".

Sherriff Darby is a 30 year seasoned Law Enforcement professional working with local, state and federal government and the general public. He knows what the word corruption means. It does not refer to the general public or even drug dealers. "previously unknown drug connected corruption, death threats and 'some really rough people' Panola Countgy Sherriff Darby said during a recent meeting of the Batesville Exchange Club." "With drugs you have corruption, you have stealing, you'll have robbery," he said.

Corruption generally refers to people in power, not you and me or criminals. "dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/corruption

IMO it's not worth speculating who he is referring to - Police, Judges, Lawyers, elected officials - he may not know yet, but it is a definite part of his talk. Makes more sense now that we know that DEA is involved as well.

What really bothers me are the facts presented or confirmed in this "talk" given to the Batesville Exchange Club. With a public chomping at the bit for updates and information, fear in the community, nothing in the news except for extremist blogs and the consensus that nothing is known or happening, it seems to me the Sherriff could have held a press conference and let this information public.

Among other things, this it the first time I have seen Mexico mentioned on an official level, which is something I have felt all along, or even the confirmation of gasoline as the accelerant doused on her and proven by testing. This kind of negates any speculation of rolling meth lab or a shake and bake accident or set up, so I for one am willing to scratch that one. Also "the person we suspect". Have we heard this before? A particular suspect? Last I read they had nothing - no one.

So my biggest question is why was the DA so evasive on these details?

:cow:

If this was a crime someone had done before, I don't think he, she, or they would have left Jessica alive and thus able to speak to first responders, if that is indeed what happened. Bit of a big misstep, that.

I guess he thought bashing her on the head and completely dousing her with gasoline made it a done deal. It took her hours to die and we don't know if she spoke anymore during that time.

MOO

What stood out to me in the Panolian article was the word "corruption".

Sherriff Darby is a 30 year seasoned Law Enforcement professional working with local, state and federal government and the general public. He knows what the word corruption means. It does not refer to the general public or even drug dealers. "previously unknown drug connected corruption, death threats and 'some really rough people' Panola Countgy Sherriff Darby said during a recent meeting of the Batesville Exchange Club." "With drugs you have corruption, you have stealing, you'll have robbery," he said.

Corruption generally refers to people in power, not you and me or criminals. "dishonest or illegal behavior especially by powerful people (such as government officials or police officers)"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/corruption

IMO it's not worth speculating who he is referring to - Police, Judges, Lawyers, elected officials - he may not know yet, but it is a definite part of his talk. Makes more sense now that we know that DEA is involved as well.

What really bothers me are the facts presented or confirmed in this "talk" given to the Batesville Exchange Club. With a public chomping at the bit for updates and information, fear in the community, nothing in the news except for extremist blogs and the consensus that nothing is known or happening, it seems to me the Sherriff could have held a press conference and let this information public.

Among other things, this it the first time I have seen Mexico mentioned on an official level, which is something I have felt all along, or even the confirmation of gasoline as the accelerant doused on her and proven by testing. This kind of negates any speculation of rolling meth lab or a shake and bake accident or set up, so I for one am willing to scratch that one. Also "the person we suspect". Have we heard this before? A particular suspect? Last I read they had nothing - no one.

So my biggest question is why was the DA so evasive on these details?

:cow:

Isn't there an election going on?

I have no opinion on the merits of any potential case right now other than to say that it I think it would seriously and needlessly derail valuable resources needed to continue the investigation.

Well, I do have opinions of course, lol! The ONLY reason to file any lawsuit would be to get money. It wouldn't help anything except to fatten the purses of lawyer and family. Bad move PR-wise for certain family members that already have questionable motives regarding money.

I also don't see the family paying for an investigator given that they're hawking ghoulish trinkets for smoke money and personal items, not putting it towards a reward or investigator or anything to help the investigation. My totally and completely subjective judgmental opinions are based on months of seemingly inappropriate behavior and very odd comments from their own mouths.

Any lawsuit that may have merit could be filed at a later date.

The only reason I would wait to file is if I believed the suit would detract from a productive investigation, but that belief is inconsistent with the allegations that would be made in such a suit, i.e., that LE made egregious errors that have prevented justice and merit punitive relief. It's either/or. The decision to file would come down to whether you think there is anything productive going on. Therefore, I suppose we just disagree on that basis. Moo.

Isn't there an election going on?

http://wreg.com/2015/02/27/four-candidates-running-for-panola-county-sheriff/

<snipped> BBM - there's that word again.
"Darby came to circuit clerk’s office less than 30 minutes before the deadline. Some people who live in Panola County say they don’t understand why he waited until the last minute. Darby says it’s important for him to run for sheriff.

“There’s so much corruption and bad going on and we’re after them and we will continue to do that, we’ve made over 1,000 felony arrests for drugs alone. We’ve taken a toll on gangs, we’re going to continue to come after them,” he said."

http://wreg.com/2015/02/27/four-candidates-running-for-panola-county-sheriff/

<snipped> BBM - there's that word again.
"Darby came to circuit clerk&#8217;s office less than 30 minutes before the deadline. Some people who live in Panola County say they don&#8217;t understand why he waited until the last minute. Darby says it&#8217;s important for him to run for sheriff.

&#8220;There&#8217;s so much corruption and bad going on and we&#8217;re after them and we will continue to do that, we&#8217;ve made over 1,000 felony arrests for drugs alone. We&#8217;ve taken a toll on gangs, we&#8217;re going to continue to come after them,&#8221; he said."

Maybe the reference to corruption involves suspects in Jessica's case and other crimes in Panola County who have prior arrests and received light sentences or were paroled after committing serious crimes.? That would of course involve corruption on the part of judges, previous DA's and even governors.

I've also been told by a friend of mine who grew up outside of the Batesville that many doctors in that area will write Rx's for anyone and for anything as long as there is payment, and that many of the street level illegal drug dealings come down from Memphis. I'm sure some of what will be uncovered by LE will even cross state lines.

Seems like Jessica's tragic murder has shed light on a bad situation in this quiet little town in MS.

Maybe the reference to corruption involves suspects in Jessica's case and other crimes in Panola County who have prior arrests and received light sentences or were paroled after committing serious crimes.? That would of course involve corruption on the part of judges, previous DA's and even governors.

I've also been told by a friend of mine who grew up outside of the Batesville that many doctors in that area will write Rx's for anyone and for anything as long as there is payment, and that many of the street level illegal drug dealings come down from Memphis. I'm sure some of what will be uncovered by LE will even cross state lines.

Seems like Jessica's tragic murder has shed light on a bad situation in this quiet little town in MS.

Yes, corruption can refer to anyone with power and control - it could also include the Department of Transportation, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, etc. Corruption in those organizations is most likely to be lower level licensing, inspection, etc.

I have no clue what level of corruption Darby is talking about but with the FBI, Federal Marshalls, and DEA it could be anything. Drug trafficking transportation is big business ;
http://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs38/38661/movement.htm

Do I think a Mexican Cartel got to Jessica, no, of course not. But you don't have to get very far up the chain from a dealer to a supplier that, when he hears some former girlfriend of someone is trying to get out of that life and write a book about it, to send out a message - "shut her up and make sure no one else gets any silly ideas."

Did some drug crazed lunatic do this for personal reasons? Very plausible, also. But I don't know why that would involve US Marshals. They are usually concerned with Federal fugitives and the like, not a guy in a store selling "chicken". Or some local druggie getting gas for his "generator".

JMO

Unfortunately, "corrupt" is a word the corrupt can also use, as misdirection to mask their own misdeeds.

I'm just glad that they DO have a suspect .... it would seem they're crossing all their Ts and dotting all their Is before presenting their solid evidence to a grand jury.

The Panolian article dated April 17, 2015 Please, if anyone can tell me how to get a large, legible graphic that takes up only a small amount of kbs, let me know! :D

SOME NEW INFORMATION HERE. CONFIRMATION OF SOME SPECULATION INTO FACTS.

Actually, I was thrilled to find a copy of the copy that was easy to read, FL. I've been squinting too frequently at SSs.

O/T Interesting that the Sheriff revealed the tracking of heroin drugs led them to the state of Arizona.

My takeaway from candidate Sheriff Darby's statements is that he did not offer any solutions to high crime prevention. Further, in no particular order:

1) Gasoline was the fuel used to light Jessica afire.

2) A "bunch of people" interviewed were lying to LEO.

3) "Big Corruption" was discovered.

4) The killer sent out a death threat attached to the murder of Jessica. Hence, Silence on the Streets.

5) The history of the suspects is that they've done this [type of crime] before.

6) And finally, but importantly, there was no DNA discovered in the burning alive of Jess; nor did I expect there to be. Some people cannot comprehend the devastating harm to Jessica's body caused from the accelerated fire. On fire, she was ablaze in her throat, mouth, nose, face, hair, back, arms, legs. She burned no less than four minutes. Have you ever tried holding your finger in the flame of a fire for longer than a second? Also, it's just my opinion that she was tied to that burnt tree.

A meth addict would covet heroin for an opposite mellowing effect to aid in coming down from the nonstop high of the meth. If man makes his own meth, there must be a building or other location where it's manufactured. Hometown folks are scared. I understand why. This case simply must end with arrests soon. JMO

JMHO and all that jazz

Why did Darby choose to release this info while campaigning?
Why didn't DA Champion do so instead?
IMO something is wrong with the order of things.
Hope this new info is of use in solving this crime. Just saying that death threats are put out and that such criminals can kill you in so many different ways that you (my words based on his) can't really be protected seems beyond the pale. I believe people can be protected especially by the Feds. Somehow I feel less assured than his statement should have made me feel, but I'm not the one who matters.
JMO and I guess I'm just a contarian

The latest Panolian has front page article regarding the continued investigation of Jessica Chambers' murder.

http://www.panolian.com/editionview...b19&Page=037ecba9-89d6-4fa8-ad04-ba4c3a0198cb

Thought I'd drop by to see what has been happening since my self-imposed exile until 12/06/15.

Thanks for the link, FelicityLemon. In reading this recent (4/10/15) article from The Panolian, I can see that the task force of local, state, and federal LE officials are all still very much involved in solving this crime.

One of those involved in the investigation is quoted as saying, "Talk to my wife and kids who basically have not seen me since December 6th... We're working it hard and I believe with all my heart that we'll get to the point where we can tell everybody we've solved this case and somebody's going to prison for it."

This was my initial thought, and the most likely probably, but seems like one of the men heading up the investigation wouldn't make a mistake in naming agencies working the investigation. JMO

The DEA would probably not want to be identified if they were involved. Freudian slip or just an honest mistake, who can say? But there certainly appears to be enough drug activity in Panola County to justify their involvement. The link to the front page article on Jessica in the 4/10/15 Panolian also has an article about a drug bust by Sherriff Darby directly below the one about Jessica. Drug rings certainly have ways of dealing with individuals causing them trouble, and at the same time sending a warning message to others -- just search the string "Columbian necktie" for a real life example.

Illegal drugs have reached epidemic proportions in this country over the past 50 years. I've seen it personally. My father was the -only- federal narcotics agent in the neighboring state of Alabama in the late 1950's and early 1960's (FBN then, DEA now). That state now has three district offices, with multiple DEA agents assigned to each. And I'm sure the same is true for state and local LE. How many times have you been on an Interstate and seen a car pulled over by multiple LE vehicles, with the suspects seated nearby while their car is being thoroughly searched? Drug sniffing dogs patrolling airport concourses? Signs of the times.

I'm beginning to think that Darby knew who committed this crime early on. I think that's why they said at the first press conference that an arrest would take awhile. How could they say that unless they already knew?

I'm beginning to think that Darby knew who committed this crime early on. I think that's why they said at the first press conference that an arrest would take awhile. How could they say that unless they already knew?

That makes sense. How would they know they wouldn't find the killer the next day or the next week? I never thought about that. Good point, MotherOcean.

He said it to buy time, I reckon. That does not mean a payment could be guaranteed.

That makes sense. How would they know they wouldn't find the killer the next day or the next week? I never thought about that. Good point, MotherOcean.

Knowing who the killer is isn't enough ..... they have to present rock solid evidence to a grand jury .... it's my opinion that they're still processing evidence as there could be many people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia