MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a fire bug in that town, but I also think the drug people know who that is and how to exploit him/her. I still think Jessica was murdered and it had to with her wanting to publish what she knew.

MOO

I think Jessica, if she had a chance to write a book, would have told about her personal life journey and all she had gone through to get where she was (a different person her mother stated) after leaving Leah's house. I don't think she would have written about any certain people that she had contact with during her life. I think it would have been a chronicle of what she had learned at Leah's, her mistakes and how she was trying to overcome them. I think it would have been suicide in that small area to name any individuals personally that she had known.

I think Jessica, if she had a chance to write a book, would have told about her personal life journey and all she had gone through to get where she was (a different person her mother stated) after leaving Leah's house. I don't think she would have written about any certain people that she had contact with during her life. I think it would have been a chronicle of what she had learned at Leah's, her mistakes and how she was trying to overcome them. I think it would have been suicide in that small area to name any individuals personally that she had known.
While JC was pretty smart by what people have indicated, I don't see her as mature enough to be considering the type of book you are talking about her writing. Her age and her level of maturity don't seem to be in sync with that theory. If she were to have written a book about her life, it had to be a first hand account of all the crap she had gone through (not at Leah's) and naming names may been a catharsis. I believe it would have been quite simplistic, but with deep emotional wounds being laid bare for all to see.

This is the same reason I cannot cancel out suicide here. She was a very troubled girl with a past that would shock most people if what has been said at all is near the truth. Not blaming the victim here at all, but there is a need for people to recognize how fragile she was at the time this happened, imo. She was not okay and life was not a bowl of cherries for her after going to Leah's...again...my own opinion. There were some real issues for her to overcome from what we have heard.

While JC was pretty smart by what people have indicated, I don't see her as mature enough to be considering the type of book you are talking about her writing. Her age and her level of maturity don't seem to be in sync with that theory. If she were to have written a book about her life, it had to be a first hand account of all the crap she had gone through (not at Leah's) and naming names may been a catharsis. I believe it would have been quite simplistic, but with deep emotional wounds being laid bare for all to see.

This is the same reason I cannot cancel out suicide here. She was a very troubled girl with a past that would shock most people if what has been said at all is near the truth. Not blaming the victim here at all, but there is a need for people to recognize how fragile she was at the time this happened, imo. She was not okay and life was not a bowl of cherries for her after going to Leah's...again...my own opinion. There were some real issues for her to overcome from what we have heard.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/c...or-the-world-needs-to-hear-my-story/23174253/

<snip>
"Linda Oliver, a writer from Birmingham, was in Batesville to do a conference last fall. She remembers meeting Chambers clearly, and she said she remembers the teen telling her, "I have a story that needs to be told. The world needs to hear my story. I need to get my story out there."
Oliver said the theme for the conference was, "Everyone Has a Story." While she had done many other conferences, the one where she met Chambers was the first with that theme, and possibly the reason the two were drawn together."

<snip>
"I don't know how long she was standing there because I was busy, but when I looked up, she was there just observing, not in a hurry, not waiting on anything, just watching me put things away," Oliver said. "Then she said, 'I'm going to write a book too.' I said, 'You are?' She said, 'Yes, I am, but I don't know how. Will you help me,' and I said of course."

This information is what I base my thoughts on. She was killed because "snitches get stitches". IMO. What evidence for suicide in Jessica's life is there? Was there a diagnosis? Note? Previous emotional threats? Is there anything published by LE or MSM that indicates she was suicidal? I can't find anything so help me here.

But here is a woman who actually said that she remembers that Jessica wanted to tell. She was determined to write a book and asked for help.

She wasn't asking for help killing herself, she was asking for help SURVING.

MOO

Having worked in marketing...I wonder how many people Ms. Oliver reached through Jessica's tragedy to promote her upcoming book....

Classito

Steleheart, one rather disconcerting fact gleaned from this article is that the writer in question, Linda Oliver, was from Birmingham. That is only one state away from Courtland, MS. Yet she was apparently unaware of Jessica's murder, at least until she spoke with the pastor of the church where she had met Jessica during her earlier visit to Batesville.

This case should have been given national attention, but for some reason the MSM has shied away from giving it any coverage. Why?

I find timelines a helpful tool for organizing/sequencing events. Otherwise,it is difficult to process all the information from various mainstream media sources. This is a timeline that I found interesting. I am parapharsing it for discussion only.

<snipped>
Within 17 minutes from Lisa Daughertys call ending with Jessica to being identified at the CS something happened.
Gas (or diesel) is at the ready to anyone who owns a lawn mower or tractor, chainsaw or other common lawn, yard and garden equipment.
LE has only stated an "accelerant" was used.
[Source: The Clarion Ledger] - ..."Officials say they know where she was at every point that day except between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m....
During that time, Chambers and her mother talked on the phone. According to Lisa Daugherty, she called Chambers twice. The first time Jessica did not answer, but the second time she did. Daugherty said she got off the phone with Chambers at 7:13 p.m...."
Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m., he said.
(So while talking to Mom, Jessica was driving in Courtland, 1.1 square miles, possibly 2.5 if you extend it past Courtland 'til you start getting into other areas)
[Source: CBS News] - ..."Champion said Tuesday that investigators believe Chambers was at the murder scene as early as 7:31 p.m. ..."
That leaves only 17 to 18 minutes (depending on the seconds involved) between the phone call and arriving at the crime scene.
Speculation according to others is she was also texting, receiving texts and possibly on fb - was or could she have been driving during this multi-tasking?
[Source: Clarion Ledger, KTLA5 and Local Memphis.com] - ... A passing motorist called 911... "reported the fire at 8:09"... "investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime"...
That leaves 38 minutes between Jessica arriving at the crime scene and the car being on fire. 17 + 38 = 55 minutes - if you take into account the car didn't arrive on fire and then was on fire for a passing motorist to see and to call 911 the time shortens quite a bit.
[Source: KTLA5 and AL.com] - ... "District Attorney John Champion refused to say why he believes Chambers was not alone in the car before it was set on fire"... - ..."Investigators “are looking at the strong possibility” someone was in the car with a 19-year-old Mississippi woman"...
[Source: Daily Mail, Mirror and LA Times] - ... "the killer apparently got into the car before setting it alight. The teenager also had a large gash on her head"..."she was found with a wound on the top of her head"... "Chambers had a gash on her head"...
So, Jessica was driving around Courtland at the most 2.5 sq. miles (realize how small of an area that is, you could walk it in 15+- minutes).
She is also talking on the phone, texting (or at least receiving texts) and possibly using fb. then within 17 minutes is at the crime scene. And within less than 38 minutes the crime is committed. Something doesn't add up.

:cow:

Steleheart, one rather disconcerting fact gleaned from this article is that the writer in question, Linda Oliver, was from Birmingham. That is only one state away from Courtland, MS. Yet she was apparently unaware of Jessica's murder, at least until she spoke with the pastor of the church where she had met Jessica during her earlier visit to Batesville.

This case should have been given national attention, but for some reason the MSM has shied away from giving it any coverage. Why?

rbarber17, thank you. Yes the big why. The biggest "why" is the fact that a Google search only uncovers the most extremist blogs instead of MSM coverage of this case as if all as been hushed. That does not seem likely as news outlets are the biggest protector of the 1st amendment. So what is the case here?

Has DEA Gotten sealed orders against publishing information about her? Is that even possible?

OTH I would not criticize Oliver, personally. She is a writer tying to encourage other writers, but the apparent unawareness is, IMO, a result of discouragement of publicizing this case.

MOO

Have authorities confirmed that.

MSM has and DM is not the only reference, though none have give an LE source that I have found;

"But it has emerged that the killer apparently got into the car before setting it alight. The teenager also had a large gash on her head."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-inside-car-setting-fire.html#ixzz3g4Y8wPnv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"It's unclear if she was knocked out first or if she fought back, but there was a gash on her head, Ben Chambers and Prince said."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/08/mississippi-woman-set-on-fire/20082929/

Having worked in marketing...I wonder how many people Ms. Oliver reached through Jessica's tragedy to promote her upcoming book....

Classito

I hope many. Maybe more people like her need to reach more girls like Jessica - and get them talking and writing.

MOO

Ben Chambers appears to be the source for the gash tale.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...otage-of-her-last-known-sighting-9917379.html

Anyway -- no official confirmation.

...along with Jessica's sister, Amanda Prince, as stated in the Clarion-Ledger article linked in Steleheart's post above. The inference is that their information was provided by LE:

"It's unclear if she was knocked out first or if she fought back, but there was a gash on her head, Ben Chambers and Prince said."​
But you are right, no direct confirmation by LE at this point, only hearsay from Jessica's family members.

...along with Jessica's sister, Amanda Prince, as stated in the Clarion-Ledger article linked in Steleheart's post above. The inference is that their information was provided by LE:

"It's unclear if she was knocked out first or if she fought back, but there was a gash on her head, Ben Chambers and Prince said."​
But you are right, no direct confirmation by LE at this point, only hearsay from Jessica's family members.

No confirmation by authorities of anything - she was walking on fire, lying down, wasn't on fire, had accelerant down her throat, burned except the soles of her feet, had a gash on her head, the keys, etc.

BC's info may have been from the first responders. How can they know on scene if she was unable to speak clearly because of accelerant or from inhaling flames? They can't. Forensic analysis can. But she was in the hospital for hours before she died. They would know, but we will not.

I don't discount the suicide theory, I only ask why with the evidence that we know. Survivors ask for help, suicides just give up. Jessica asked for help.

rbarber17, thank you. Yes the big why. The biggest "why" is the fact that a Google search only uncovers the most extremist blogs instead of MSM coverage of this case as if all as been hushed. That does not seem likely as news outlets are the biggest protector of the 1st amendment. So what is the case here?

Has DEA Gotten sealed orders against publishing information about her? Is that even possible?

OTH I would not criticize Oliver, personally. She is a writer tying to encourage other writers, but the apparent unawareness is, IMO, a result of discouragement of publicizing this case.

MOO

The media is finicky these days, i.e. Kim Kardashian is more important than let's say crimes, poverty, human trafficking and other more important REAL issues in the world. But media likes "reality" T.V. and drama driven contrived stories that don't reflect many issues Americans face.

I'm beginning to think the media has stayed away from this case because it may be more horrific than public knows and deep reaching or complicated investigations. I think one of the reasons there is less local chatter or a lot of different chatter is because more people are in the know than less. If that makes any sense, but this case doesn't strike me as 1 perp or accident/suicide. It's quite possible there may be conspiracy charges, accessories before and after the fact (aiding and abetting) charges, so number of arrests may be higher than 3. Wonder how criminal underworld business is going in Sardis-Batesville-Courtland, must be a bummer for those criminals (and better for law-abiding community) if under the microscope with JC investigations going on. Jmo/

I find timelines a helpful tool for organizing/sequencing events. Otherwise,it is difficult to process all the information from various mainstream media sources. This is a timeline that I found interesting. I am parapharsing it for discussion only.

<snipped>
Within 17 minutes from Lisa Daughertys call ending with Jessica to being identified at the CS something happened.
Gas (or diesel) is at the ready to anyone who owns a lawn mower or tractor, chainsaw or other common lawn, yard and garden equipment.
LE has only stated an "accelerant" was used.
[Source: The Clarion Ledger] - ..."Officials say they know where she was at every point that day except between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m....
During that time, Chambers and her mother talked on the phone. According to Lisa Daugherty, she called Chambers twice. The first time Jessica did not answer, but the second time she did. Daugherty said she got off the phone with Chambers at 7:13 p.m...."
Chambers was back in Courtland around 6:30 p.m., he said.
(So while talking to Mom, Jessica was driving in Courtland, 1.1 square miles, possibly 2.5 if you extend it past Courtland 'til you start getting into other areas)
[Source: CBS News] - ..."Champion said Tuesday that investigators believe Chambers was at the murder scene as early as 7:31 p.m. ..."
That leaves only 17 to 18 minutes (depending on the seconds involved) between the phone call and arriving at the crime scene.
Speculation according to others is she was also texting, receiving texts and possibly on fb - was or could she have been driving during this multi-tasking?
[Source: Clarion Ledger, KTLA5 and Local Memphis.com] - ... A passing motorist called 911... "reported the fire at 8:09"... "investigators have talked to the person who called 911 and have cleared them from involvement in the crime"...
That leaves 38 minutes between Jessica arriving at the crime scene and the car being on fire. 17 + 38 = 55 minutes - if you take into account the car didn't arrive on fire and then was on fire for a passing motorist to see and to call 911 the time shortens quite a bit.
[Source: KTLA5 and AL.com] - ... "District Attorney John Champion refused to say why he believes Chambers was not alone in the car before it was set on fire"... - ..."Investigators &#8220;are looking at the strong possibility&#8221; someone was in the car with a 19-year-old Mississippi woman"...
[Source: Daily Mail, Mirror and LA Times] - ... "the killer apparently got into the car before setting it alight. The teenager also had a large gash on her head"..."she was found with a wound on the top of her head"... "Chambers had a gash on her head"...
So, Jessica was driving around Courtland at the most 2.5 sq. miles (realize how small of an area that is, you could walk it in 15+- minutes).
She is also talking on the phone, texting (or at least receiving texts) and possibly using fb. then within 17 minutes is at the crime scene. And within less than 38 minutes the crime is committed. Something doesn't add up.

And the only passing motorist in that 38 minutes was the 911 caller? Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth