MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six months? Wow :( So I've not checked in in ages, obviously but seeing all the links above I have a question .
Is there any traction to her death being a suicide or are the links above just OT speculation and what ifs? TIA

Six months? Wow :( So I've not checked in in ages, obviously but seeing all the links above I have a question .
Is there any traction to her death being a suicide or are the links above just OT speculation and what ifs? TIA

LE ruled out suicide in Jessica's case early on, based on undisclosed evidence at the CS. Some of the above posts are probably intended to prove that such a thing does occur; some are probably intended to prove that it's a convenient conclusion for police to reach when faced with a major (6 months and counting in this case) investigation. Occum's Razor on a budget.

Not much traction in the murder direction either, just lots of spinning our wheels here in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 threads now, without any meaningful input from LE with which to work in months. The Panola County Sheriff's office, Coroner's office, and District Attorney's office are growing mushrooms by the truckload, leaving WebSleuthers to get our exercise by jumping to conclusions.

Jessica Chambers case: Six months later

<snip>
My Opinion Only:
I am not alone in my theory. Many posters have had similar theories to mine. I came to my opinion very early on. Bessie has a 'What Happened to Jessica Thread' & my opinion has not changed.

In my humble opinion the perps (2 women & at least one man planned the brutal burning of JC)are psychopaths who can lie because they can rationize anything. The part I am most puzzled by is the elaborate cover up by '*****' (it is against TOS rules for me to name names.)
<snip>

Roger that, MizStery, and I wish I could drop a few hentz about who I think was involved, too. But like they say, "Rules is Rules."

LE ruled out suicide in Jessica's case early on, based on undisclosed evidence at the CS. Some of the above posts are probably intended to prove that such a thing does occur; some are probably intended to prove that it's a convenient conclusion for police to reach when faced with a major (6 months and counting in this case) investigation. Occum's Razor on a budget.

Not much traction in the murder direction either, just lots of spinning our wheels here in 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 threads now, without any meaningful input from LE with which to work in months. The Panola County Sheriff's office, Coroner's office, and District Attorney's office are growing mushrooms by the truckload, leaving WebSleuthers to get our exercise by jumping to conclusions.
Usually the words "LE ruled out..." carry a heavy importance to me; here, not so much.

"...such a thing does occur," and much more often than at least I would have thought, suicide-wise.

If such is the case here -- that she killed herself as, let's say, a result of depression at her circumstance just then in her life -- I would hope LE has the guts to say so; they're the ones who will look bad if such proves to be the case.

It's never "convenient" for one to admit one has been wrong (especially in an official, up for re-election, capacity).

"Occam's Razor on a budget" is very funny -- good one. It's so good that I intend to steal and use it, lol.

But O.R. is indeed a matter of reducing, of budgeting, of simplifying -- A = A; a thing is itself; let X = X; -- one which guards against received "wisdom" by shining a light on what truly is there.

The suicide theory is not at all based on LE pronouncements here; concrete examples, many examples, of such a thing are provided as a means of establishing that car fire suicides do occur nationwide.

Truth is its own traction.

As for what took place here, we still don't know.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...attacker-reveals-family-not-killer-found.html

No new news :( but it's good to see she's not forgotten. Here's an article from the Daily Mail.
And -- rare for DM -- the article does contain links to a number of others, plus a timeline. Good find FL.

I found this a curious statement:

The grieving father also said that the past months have not been easy after his life insurance policy with Met Life has not paid out because of technicalities.

I completely missed that comment! Interesting. You led me to search for more info and found another article that also mentions the $10,000 policy.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/n...a-chambers-case-six-months-old-cold/28559733/

I understand wanting to get what you paid for if everything's on the up and up.

I did think all that fundraising that went on paid for her funeral, however. Just over $40,000 split between Ben and Lisa. The fundraising continues and it's not for the reward or an investigator. The t-shirt and decal sales are being actively pimped on the facebook page, but the reward fund gets no publicity and stalled at 1,840.00

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/06/05/book-drive-chambers-case-awareness/28538585/
Clarion Ledger article about donating books in Jessica Chambers' name :)

WARNING VIOLENT CONTENT: WATCH AT VIEWER'S DISCRETION

Published on Jun 4, 2015

[video]https://youtu.be/_lOPaSJnvP8[/video]

A man rushed inside his car and set it and himself alight at a gas station in the city of Austin, Texas. But the alleged suicide attempt was unsuccessful – he was saved by two police officers, though he received injuries. READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/x9u4n0

In the video, you can hear the man's screams of pain from the fire. There is absolutely no way 19yo Jessica committed suicide by fire. JMO
And I disagree. It is our logical brain telling us no way would a person knowingly cause themselves that kind of torture and pain. But suicide often isn't rational. Sometimes it is done without much thought and in a moment of severe mental anguish. Sometimes people punish themselves in horrendous ways in order to end their lives.

I don't believe LE really ruled it out completely. No evidence found in that setting could exclude a suicide unless she was shot (no gun left at scene, but bullet casings were found), stabbed (no knife found, but stab wounds present), etc. To date, we have zero indication of any such evidence to qualify this as a murder. A gas pattern (including on her) and gas cans do not necessarily point to murder. Her phone tossed and broken do not indicate it was a murder. What kind of evidence could they have found at the scene which would deem this to be a homicide hands down without any doubts?! Someone please tell me.

Yes, in spite of the several times I've linked the relative abundance of documented car fire suicides listed online, including this one ruled as such earlier in June, there is still an irrational unwillingness on the part of posters even to consider such a thing as possible.

There is absolutely no way 19yo Jessica committed suicide by fire. [here]

Then there was absolutely no way anyone else did, either. And yet they did.

And citing LE as inviolable authority as to what exactly took place in this particular investigation?

Good reason exists to suspect Chambers might have been depressed; I don't think her "I could write a book" statement earlier that winter alluded to some grand forthcoming expose of gang life in rural Mississippi; far likelier that she could fill pages with her version of what Faulkner called the sorrow of "the human heart at conflict with itself."

The young woman who'd, possibly humiliated at the prospect of doing so, had to return home to the eternal "clean your room" argument with her mother and hold down a staid, steady job which probably was distressingly tame in comparison with the lifestyle of previous years, might have had every reason to feel trapped and depressed when she pulled into the convenience store gas station, purchased cigarettes, and bought $14 worth of gas, more than the $5 or so she usually purchased, as Ali Fadhel said.

Yes, in spite of the several times I've linked the relative abundance of documented car fire suicides listed online, including this one ruled as such earlier in June, there is still an irrational unwillingness on the part of posters even to consider such a thing as possible.

And citing LE as inviolable authority as to what exactly took place in this particular investigation?

Reason exists to suspect Chambers might have been depressed; I don't think her "I could write a book" statement earlier that winter alluded to some grand forthcoming expose of gang life in rural Mississippi; far likelier that she could fill pages with her version of what Faulkner called the sorrow of "the human heart at conflict with itself."

The young woman who'd, possibly humiliated at the prospect of doing so, had to return home to the eternal "clean your room" argument with her mother and hold down a staid, steady job which probably was distressingly tame in comparison with the lifestyle of previous years, might have had every reason to feel trapped and depressed when she pulled into the convenience store gas station, purchased cigarettes, and bought $14 worth of gas, more than the $5 or so she usually purchased, as Ali Fadhel said.
Exactly! Again, you expressed it in a way everyone should be able to comprehend how it could happen and how something at the time so benign as a bit of extra gasoline could have played a large role in this tragedy.

Exactly! Again, you expressed it in a way everyone should be able to comprehend how it could happen and how something at the time so benign as a bit of extra gasoline could have played a large role in this tragedy.

I don't think the fact that she bought more gas than usual played a large role in this tragedy .... after all she had a job and therefore had more money than usual .... the store attendant was the one that made that incident such a big deal.

I don't think the fact that she bought more gas than usual played a large role in this tragedy .... after all she had a job and therefore had more money than usual .... the store attendant was the one that made that incident such a big deal.
It's quite a stretch to say she had more money than usual when you do not know what "usual" was. It does not automatically follow that she bought more gas because she had more money.

It's quite a stretch to say she had more money than usual when you do not know what "usual" was. It does not automatically follow that she bought more gas because she had more money.

It goes without saying that she had to have had more money than the usual $5 when she purchased $14 worth of gas .... I guess I'm missing your point.

Good reason exists to suspect Chambers might have been depressed; I don't think her "I could write a book" statement earlier that winter alluded to some grand forthcoming expose of gang life in rural Mississippi; far likelier that she could fill pages with her version of what Faulkner called the sorrow of "the human heart at conflict with itself."

I take offense at the BBM statement. However, there is no need to be concerned for I have already forgiven you.

"...there is still an irrational unwillingness on the part of posters even to consider such a thing as possible."

The suicide theory has been considered by myself and obviously by others. If it were not for the accelerant being poured down her throat and into her nose, I possibly could jump aboard that premise.

If Jessica intended to pen a story about herself, her life's story, I highly doubt it was about exposing gangs and revealing drug deals. The police were called to respond to assault charges on two separate occasions. That speaks clearly, to me, for I feel that she was defending herself. The domestic violence charges were family related; not affiliated with gang activity.

Also, I hold the belief that Jessica returned home to give her mother the cigs she purchased for her. It is part of the TL that JC stopped for a few minutes at a residence in C'land before going into B'ville. It is merely my supposition.

JMHO I don't know who murdered the 19yo.

That's a lot of reward money for a suicide, don't you think?

That's a lot of reward money for a suicide, don't you think?

Exactly .... if there were any clues whatsoever that it wasn't murder then why the reward money? I honestly don't believe she would set herself on fire ... she certainly didn't look worried about anything on the way into the store. I do believe she was set up via that phone call before she left the house .... surely LE has that info .... I think that phone call is key to the investigation.

And I disagree. It is our logical brain telling us no way would a person knowingly cause themselves that kind of torture and pain. But suicide often isn't rational. Sometimes it is done without much thought and in a moment of severe mental anguish. Sometimes people punish themselves in horrendous ways in order to end their lives.

I don't believe LE really ruled it out completely. No evidence found in that setting could exclude a suicide unless she was shot (no gun left at scene, but bullet casings were found), stabbed (no knife found, but stab wounds present), etc. To date, we have zero indication of any such evidence to qualify this as a murder. A gas pattern (including on her) and gas cans do not necessarily point to murder. Her phone tossed and broken do not indicate it was a murder. What kind of evidence could they have found at the scene which would deem this to be a homicide hands down without any doubts?! Someone please tell me.

RBBM:

I need a link for that statement, please. I've never read that Jess' phone was broken.

In what way does it indicate a suicide because her phone was not burned? If she was meeting someone at what became the CS, she could have been attempting to place a call on her phone, while standing in the gravel driveway, when she was clobbered on the head; thereby, dropping her phone. Her body could have then been placed inside her vehicle and driven up the embankment for the immolation.

LEO stated gasoline was the accelerant used. Are you opining that Jess somehow got the gas from her car's gas tank and poured it into her own mouth after she gashed her own head?

Chambers, of Panola County, was found badly burned on a road near her burning car Saturday night in what authorities have labeled a homicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/0...g-death-1-year-old-mississippi-woman-jessica/

I am certainly not one who can explain the facts, as we know them to be, as a 100% irrefutable homicide. We simply do not know. Why did Ali want us to know that she bought $14 in gasoline purchase(s). Did she pump all of it into her own car's gas tank? Were the beginnings of "her story" locked away in the trunk of her car?

As always, JMHO

RBBM:

I need a link for that statement, please. I've never read that Jess' phone was broken.

In what way does it indicate a suicide because her phone was not burned? If she was meeting someone at what became the CS, she could have been attempting to place a call on her phone, while standing in the gravel driveway, when she was clobbered on the head; thereby, dropping her phone. Her body could have then been placed inside her vehicle and driven up the embankment for the immolation.

LEO stated gasoline was the accelerant used. Are you opining that Jess somehow got the gas from her car's gas tank and poured it into her own mouth after she gashed her own head?

I am certainly not one who can explain the facts, as we know them to be, as a 100% irrefutable homicide. We simply do not know. Why did Ali want us to know that she bought $14 in gasoline purchase(s). Did she pump all of it into her own car's gas tank? Were the beginnings of "her story" locked away in the trunk of her car?

As always, JMHO

BBM
Siphoning gas could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads