MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm originally from the South. I want to address a few posts that have expressed mild revulsion at the fire chief's speech, image, and demeanor. I respectfully submit that some have seen too many movies where characters who are supposed to be uneducated, feral, and/or evil speak like Mr. Haley. I watched the video and he doesn't seem unintelligent, menacing, too young or anything to me. He has a Southern accent and speaks softly and slowly. Many people mistake his manner of speech for unintelligent, uneducated, or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" because they've seen Hollywood portray evil and dumb characters with Southern accents for decades. Listen again, for genuine usage errors rather than vowel sounds. He said "sumpin'" which I don't count as a severe usage error. He said "The guys...they" which my English teacher wouldn't have liked, but which I don't count as a severe usage error. He said "eviDENCE" and "Vic-Tum" which some people are used to counting as "bad speech" because (again, I submit) Hollywood has been feeding us a steady diet of dumb and evil characters speaking like that for decades, but it's just a Southern accent. Having known plenty of un-evil, un-dumb, people from the South who speak like that and open doors for little old ladies and call them "Ma'am," I do not see anything in Mr. Haley's demeanor to make me hear the theme from Deliverance. To me, he kind of has that "fe-male" and "ve-hicle" speak going on--which he probably picked up in Boy Scouts.

darkstar105, I've read every post in Thread#1 and Thread#2 and I do not recall anyone expressing "mild revulsion at the fire chief's speech, image, and demeanor."

The store clerk in the pink shirt and apron caught my eye toward the end of the video. What is she doing? Is there any video out there showing the area where she goes? Lots of activity going on outside this store. JMo

I figured unlocking ice cooler or getting cans of propane but I haven't checked into either.

darkstar105, I've read every post in Thread#1 and Thread#2 and I do not recall anyone expressing "mild revulsion at the fire chief's speech, image, and demeanor."

Heck, for all we know, he could be highly"decorated"...JMO

I would want to know if that is a spot that she has been known to park at in the past. Maybe she likes to text from that spot (rather than while driving). I would also hope that the gas tank has been inspected for a rupture (and if not, I would hope they know how much fuel is left in it). These cases that get so much internet attention seem to always take "a tip of an iceberg" meme. They tend to escalate into matters of international intrigue, very rapidly. I suppose I am trying to strike the opposite approach. It seems that there is a ratio between how little evidence a case has vs the world of conjecture that little evidence brings to rise.

Texting occurred to me, too, but I'm not sure why I would think that vs smoking a joint or something similar. Nineteen and living at home... Maybe she just wanted time alone, without mom nagging her about cleaning her bedroom.

Heck, for all we know, he could be highly"decorated"...JMO

When I watched the video of him, I was less than impressed with his demeanor. He acted bored and sounded like he had found a dead deer in the middle of the road.

I don't know if all the burns were third degree either. There is a medical term called Rule of Nines when it comes to calculating burns.

http://www.emtresource.com/emergencies/burns/rule-of-nines/

http://my.firefighternation.com/for...c:2902596?q=forum/topics/889755:Topic:2902596

I just went back and refreshed my memory of something I read years ago - Flight 529, a commuter plane that went down in 1995. There was a woman on board who had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 92% of her body who ultimately survived. There were also others on the plane who were very badly burned (some of whom later died) who were conscious and communicating in the aftermath - so it is possible. (There's a lot of information about that crash on the net if anyone wants to read it, but be warned, some of the descriptions are graphic.)

When I watched the video of him, I was less than impressed with his demeanor. He acted bored and sounded like he had found a dead deer in the middle of the road.

He seems traumatized, like it is hard for him to talk about it, and he's doing so tenderly, low key, in deference to the family he knows, holding back on details that are playing in his head, not being graphic about what he saw. Trying to man-up in the face of traumatic experience, nothing out of sorts or nefarious about him.

FBI joins probe into death of Mississippi woman burned alive By Therese Apel, Jackson, Miss. Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:06pm EST
"Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, whose office remains in charge of the case."

For some perspective on how locals are reacting
Justice for Jessica: Ursula Madden comments on WMC Action News 5's special team coverage from Panola Countyhttp://www.wmcactionnews5.com/clip/10951740/justice-for-jessica-ursula-madden-comments-on-wmc-action-news-5s-special-team-coverage-from-panola-county

Hi, my name is Matt and I'm new here. I from St. Louis. I have been trying to post for almost 24 hours now, but there was some kind of discrepancy between my Iphone and my home computer.

Anyways, there are a few things I would like to be explained to me. I have read this whole thread, and many other sources. I have a bunch of questions and theories.
First off, regarding the Sheriff or DA or whoever said that they didn't expect any arrests. That baffled me, the only reason I could think he was saying this is to make whoever did this feel comfortable and start blabbing to people.
Ok, now for some questions I have. Has anyone else seen the interview where Ali states that his camera's haven't been adjusted for daylight savings?
That would mean that there is a gap from 5:30 central to 8:15 or so when she was found. That is around 2 hours and 45 minutes. 165 minutes not 90 minutes, which I have heard from almost every MSM source. Why isn't anyone discussing that?

Also I would like to bring up the seats in the back position. This is common place for wanna be (modsnip) to do. I was friends with (modsnip) in the past and when I was younger. When I would have some of (modsnip) in the car, they would put their seat all the way back. I would forget to adjust it, and always hear the next day, "Matthew!", "Who the heck was in your car?" This is happened so many times because I forgot to adjust the seat back. Finally I started adjusting the seat to normal position to avoid my mom asking. This makes me think that someone was sitting in both seats possibly and either moved her body from one seat to the other, or their were two (modsnip) in the front. I'm thinking the perpetrator might have forgot to adjust the seat back if he was driving her car.
Some more things: I heard her cell phone was found away from the car. This is for possible reasons. Some of you stated this already. But I think the cell phone was thrown out prior to an assault, drug deal, or whatever the heck they were doing with her. This is so that they couldn't ping where this stuff was happening. And to throw LE off track. The other possible thing is that, they didn't want her calling 911 if she did somehow regain consciousness.
With that said, I think whoever did this was sure she was dead. I have so many other theories I want to discuss with you guys but I have to go somewhere and will be back on later tonight around 9:30 Central Time. Thanks for allowing me to post. I'll see you guys later tonight!!!:loveyou:
I apologize for not citing sources, I have to leave right away! But I'll be back. JMO- (modsnip) Peace

From the Clarion-Ledger story -
"We know who that was, and we have ruled out that individual," said Sheriff Dennis Darby. "That was a local hangout for her, she went there many times a day, she knew all those people."

So is he implying by this that a stranger did whatever happened to Jessica?

I give up.

I read this as the individual at the gas station was ruled out, she knew the usual people hanging out and working there. I don't read this as his implying it was a stranger who killed her; just that she knew the people at the gas station.

Does anyone know if the DA or sheriff ever said this was a murder investigation or did they always say an arson investigation?

If they said arson, then they are trying to determine why the car caught on fire. That would not be unreasonable since without the fire, Jessica probably would have survived the crash (if there was a crash.) IIRC, NHTSA has guidelines or rules for auto makers to install some kind of fuel system shutoff in case of wreck. I didn't read the technical document and probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

Also, Jessica's father works at the S.O. Any agency that does traffic investigations knows that if there is a case that involves death or serious injury, there will usually be a lawsuit. The investigation may be in support of the likely wrongful death or negligence lawsuit against Kia, the car dealer, or an auto repair place.

I was confused about this too. In one extensive, lengthy clip (not sound bites), the sheriff said arson investigation and murder investigation at different times IIRC. They have the autopsy results, but would there be any bits of clothing left? To test for accelerant? I have this picture of someone being engulfed in flames which may not be the case.

I know bonfires seem to be big with kids these days. Could she possibly have had lighter fluid in her car? The involvement of the ATF?, FBI, MBI suggests to me that this was not an accident? We need more info.

LE hasn't named anyone a suspect. I doubt they want to get in the business of policing the internet. JMO

I respect your comment, but my point wasn't that they should "police the Internet" (even though yes, they do police the Internet just as they police the streets...?). Rather, my point was that tips and info should be investigated with respect regardless of whether the forum was electronic or asphalt, anonymous or identified.

The store clerk in the pink shirt and apron caught my eye toward the end of the video. What is she doing? Is there any video out there showing the area where she goes? Lots of activity going on outside this store. JMo

I figured unlocking ice cooler or getting cans of propane but I haven't checked into either.

At 06:27:02 she approaches a man in red who arrives moments before her, and has come from the SW unseen parked cars, and who stops and hangs out near the two barrels next to the ice machine. 06:27:08 She hands this man a small package, turns, and returns inside where she then hangs for a brief period while Jessica remains at the counter. She is one of two individuals dressed in pink/red but she is distinguished by the fact that she wears a hat. The other individual which you may be describing is a customer who enters the store at 06:25:15 and exits at 06:26:10. (I'm writing here from memory; but seeing her activity involves closely watching and stop-action clicking on this video (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152791821006877&set=vb.53650881876&type=2&theater, I believe.)

ETA: The store clerk also exits the store at 06:26:27 and disappears to the parked cars and returns at 06:26:48. What precisely she is doing is anyone's guess. I will note thought that the man who hangs at the barrels, and who receives the small package, never enters the store. He merely appears from the parked cars, and returns to the parked cars.

"Jessica’s mom, Lisa Chambers, has phone conversation with Jessica at 6:48pm (Jessica is going to get something to eat)"
This is the first I've heard that Jessica was going to get something to eat....she's always said JC went to wash her car, nothing more, IIRC

Just my gut, but I DO have a feeling there will be a break in this case. This week. Pressure is mounting for everyone involved. MOO

I actually found the fire chief spoke very well and was very composed. I didn't really like the rocking back and forth in a rocking chair while being interviewed part but whatever.
I just don't like the "connections" in this small town. You have a very small town where everyone knows each other, where the victim was well known, where the only people talking and being interviewed (AA and CH) were pretty much eye witnesses to the events unfolding and are very close in age to the victim, where things being said don't seem to make sense, where the police don't seem confident they'll make an arrest in a small town where everyone knows each other. I'm glad there are outside agencies poking around.

"Jessica’s mom, Lisa Chambers, has phone conversation with Jessica at 6:48pm (Jessica is going to get something to eat)"
This is the first I've heard that Jessica was going to get something to eat....she's always said JC went to wash her car, nothing more, IIRC

See this post recalling the timeline from several days ago (it references JC and getting "something to eat"):

The following is an updated timeline which was originally posted by SwampMama, then updated by me yesterday.
I am updating it again today based upon the discovery of a Youtube Camera01 & Camera05 video** which details Jessica's arrival at 06:24:39. My new additions (or corrections) are in red.

1) Jessica arrives at M&M First Stop Gas at 06:24:39pm
2) her car comes to a complete stop at the pump 06:24:45pm
3) Exits car 06:25:28, approaches store, then walks out of frame at 06:25:48pm
until 06:27:02pm
4) Enters store at 6:27:15 pays (for gas?) then exits store at 6:28:15pm
5) Arrives back at car 6:28:27pm
6) Opens car door, either places something inside or uses interior latch to access gas tank from 06:28:29 to 06:28:40
7) Pumps gas from 06:28:50 until 06:29:40pm (video footage abruptly stops)
8) Gets in car and drives away -- estimated time now around 6:32pm?
9) Jessica’s mom, Lisa Chambers, has phone conversation with Jessica at 6:48pm (Jessica is going to get something to eat)
10) Fire Department respond to a 911 call at 8:13pm (Jessica Discovered)

**It is extremely important to note that 54 seconds have been deleted from this Camera01 & Camera05 video at 06:26:00 to 06:26:54 by the station operator. As of this update by me, I have NOT discovered a video cataloging those missing seconds. Also, take note of how long Jessica remained in her car before she exits at 06:25:28. She apparently remained inside for 43 seconds from 06:24:45 to 06:25:28. These 43 seconds could account for a telephone call.

link for this new Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAldrJeEQs

I ran a search "something to eat" and pulled up several posts, so it has been discussed on this thread. HTH....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, she has said previously JC went to get gas and a bite to eat before heading to wash her car. I will go grab a link

NVM kimi beat me to it! TY kimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member