MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY GinaSeikwa. It would be too graphic to describe what Chief Haley saw.. If you can visualize the results of a wax mannequin melting. This would be synonymous..
GinaSeikwa, I wouldn't judge Chief Haley, to harshly. He may have been very young when he began volunteering and may have military or other training; Fire Science degree, etc. Most volunteers take their professions very seriously since their pay is usually minimal and they live in the community where they protect..

In this interview the young fire chief seems rather traumatized by what he saw happen to Jessica Chambers, as he had known the family. Just seeing pictures impacts me for days, of horrible things, can you imagine what it would be like to see somebody you know burned like that?
Courtland Fire Chief talks about finding Jessica Chambers

Third degree burns, more than likely, IMO, what Jessica suffered from due to the intensity of the fire and possible use of accelerant, are incredibly gruesome. I have only ever seen them on a person, post mortem. This beautiful young girl did not deserve this.

I looked at the examples in your link. If 98% of Jessica's body looked like this, how did the fire chief recognize her so easily? Both her and her car would have been unrecognizable IMO. Of course her small stature and basic car attributes may have given him clues, probably not that many drivers her size in such a tiny community. Still I have concerns about how she was so quickly identified.

Thank you so much!

From ZOOL's post

Jessica arrives at M&M First Stop Gas at 06:24:39pm

Enters store at 6:27:15 pays (for gas?) then exits store at 6:28:15pm

Gets in car and drives away -- estimated time now around 6:32pm?

Jessica’s mom, Lisa Chambers, has phone conversation with Jessica at 6:48pm (Jessica is going to get something to eat)

Fire Department respond to a 911 call at 8:13pm (Jessica Discovered)

(I deleted a few lines because we know she didn't get assaulted or lit on fire at the store.)

Based on these times, the incident (whatever the incident is that led to the car ending up at the position where it was discovered and the fire starting) could have happened anytime between 7:00 (mom said they talked for about 20 minutes but I'm sure that was an approximation) and 8:13.

Since the location of the car wasn't very far from the store, the passerby may have seen a car that had been burning for well over an hour. I don't know what that would look like but the fire chief sounded surprised to find someone still in or at the car.

The fire was undoubtedly extinguished by 9 p.m., wouldn't you think? Car was towed at around 2:30 a.m., IIRC. That's at least five and a half hours of processing the scene.

Just for the record: The car was NOT towed around 2:30 am (as posted above ^^^ in SeeAlice's post). It was towed from the crime scene shortly before 11:00pm CT according to Ali Alisanai's remarks in describing his activity around the time of closing the M&M Gas station. Thus it can be surmised that the crime scene really never saw much forensic investigation between 8:45pm (see flatfootjoe's estimate for burn time below) and 10:45pm, a total of 2 hours....

They couldn't. However, it looks like a remote rural road, not frequently utilized. Assuming the roadblock vehicle was waiting on the dirt path, a simple text message, like "almost there" would give more than adequate time to set up.

The fire was called in god knows how long after the fire started, and IIRC the response time was listed in MSM as 6 minutes. Judging by the condition of the vehicle, I'd speculate it burned between 15-20 minutes before the report was made.

I live in a similar area, we have rural roads where you could go an hour or more before you saw another car.

The reason those gates are there are to prevent people from doing shenanigans on those private properties, because they're remote, and not monitored frequently or easily.

Thank you for asking.

From the Clarion-Ledger story -
"We know who that was, and we have ruled out that individual," said Sheriff Dennis Darby. "That was a local hangout for her, she went there many times a day, she knew all those people."

So is he implying by this that a stranger did whatever happened to Jessica?

I give up.

Sounds like it doesn't it? Looks like if the Sheriff knows anyone who came in contact with JC, then they are considered instantly "cleared". No wonder he doesn't see an arrest in the near future. Relieved that the FBI is on this case.

i dont see his comments in any way implying that they think it was a stranger, i dont think his comments give any indication either way regarding that issue.

Does anyone know if the DA or sheriff ever said this was a murder investigation or did they always say an arson investigation?

If they said arson, then they are trying to determine why the car caught on fire. That would not be unreasonable since without the fire, Jessica probably would have survived the crash (if there was a crash.) IIRC, NHTSA has guidelines or rules for auto makers to install some kind of fuel system shutoff in case of wreck. I didn't read the technical document and probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

Also, Jessica's father works at the S.O. Any agency that does traffic investigations knows that if there is a case that involves death or serious injury, there will usually be a lawsuit. The investigation may be in support of the likely wrongful death or negligence lawsuit against Kia, the car dealer, or an auto repair place.

A very good question, darkstar105. Was the perp/s on foot, hiding in the nearby woods, watching the fire and observing the fire department extinguishing the flames?

YUP And how long were the car and JC burning BEFORE the "passer-by" reported a car fire? If the road is not well-traveled, then what a coincidence that a motorist happens by shortly after the fire is started.... JMO

Anything seems possible, it's what probable that counts, it seems to me. If she were cleaning her car and somebody from out of town assaulted her then, it happened just up the road in Memphis. Whomever did this, it may have been personal and an act of revenge or to send a message, but that seems like so much drama, and easy to trace. So why would a local whether in a gang or otherwise do something so outrageously cruel that would bring the whole world down on them? The act of burning her and the car seems to me a crude attempt to destroy evidence. That she wasn't stabbed or shot to make sure she was dead seems to me that there were no other weapons but a blunt object available. It's a small town after all, very hard to keep secrets, that nobody is saying anything to help the investigation maybe that nobody knows anything. The presence of gangs, trafficking and violent exes can be so common these days just about anywhere you go in small towns not too far from major cities. It won't solve who did this to Jessica Chambers to just go for the usual suspects, I think, casting a broad net may heighten the drama, but it will distract from the evidence. What counts is where she was and when and what people may have been seen around her. You don't want those people to shut down for fear of exposure and suspicion, it seems to me.

Man allegedly attacked with hammer at store says violence must stop
Dec 15, 2014 12:27 PM EST

If an accelerant was used to start the car fire and Jessica died as a result of that.. that would be murder, correct?

LE has stated an accelerant was used, they were unsure of what kind at time of article

In that article it says the investigation is being hampered by lack of "street talk". Gee...I wonder why? No one wants to have happen to them what happened to Jessica!

Not enough street talk yet internet talk is the bane of society. Someone is talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Do you get the impression that LE has known of illegal activity, involving a lot of young people for a long time, and have just looked the other way? Flatfootjoe has me thinking...

Yes there is illegal activity in the area. What we do not know is if it has any connection to Jessica. There is no MSM information making this link only that it is acknowledged to exist.

My quote/link from a 12/14/14 post at 11:50 AM confirms this supposition.
The other interesting point is that "no one is talking". Sounds like people are afraid which leads me to think it may be gang related. There has been recent increased gang activity in Panola county.
http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/ga...ted-news?st=ms
Jessica was recently living in a shelter, IMO it was for safety as she had family she could have lived with. This makes me think that she may have been connected to a shady person...

They knew about gang activity. There was a murder in Sept. 2014 and a news source has this quote ”It’s obviously gang-related, you know. We’ve been going on three years working on gang relationships,” said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, who believes it’s a sign that gangs, which used to come from out of town, have begun to take root locally. BBM

http://wreg.com/2014/09/22/sheriff-confirms-panola-gang-disturbance/

I have no idea anymore.

The only thing I knew a few days ago was that this city obviously needed outside help from some entity like the FBI.
The other thing I know is that I am hopeful they will unearth those responsible for Jessica's death.

I think this statement makes it clear what LE is thinking

An $11,000 reward is currently on the table for anyone who comes forward with information leading to the arrest and conviction of Chambers' killer.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...erson-on-surveillance-video-cleared/20486071/

The store clerk in the pink shirt and apron caught my eye toward the end of the video. What is she doing? Is there any video out there showing the area where she goes? Lots of activity going on outside this store. JMo

Yes there is illegal activity in the area. What we do not know is if it has any connection to Jessica. There is no MSM information making this link only that it is acknowledged to exist.

My quote/link from a 12/14/14 post at 11:50 AM confirms this supposition.
The other interesting point is that "no one is talking". Sounds like people are afraid which leads me to think it may be gang related. There has been recent increased gang activity in Panola county.
http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/ga...ted-news?st=ms
Jessica was recently living in a shelter, IMO it was for safety as she had family she could have lived with. This makes me think that she may have been connected to a shady person...

Agree. I wonder if she had a job after HS? in 2013. It costs a lot to maintain a car, even without loan payments....JMO she had to have some sort of income. JMO

I'm originally from the South. I want to address a few posts that have expressed mild revulsion at the fire chief's speech, image, and demeanor. I respectfully submit that some have seen too many movies where characters who are supposed to be uneducated, feral, and/or evil speak like Mr. Haley. I watched the video and he doesn't seem unintelligent, menacing, too young or anything to me. He has a Southern accent and speaks softly and slowly. Many people mistake his manner of speech for unintelligent, uneducated, or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" because they've seen Hollywood portray evil and dumb characters with Southern accents for decades. Listen again, for genuine usage errors rather than vowel sounds. He said "sumpin'" which I don't count as a severe usage error. He said "The guys...they" which my English teacher wouldn't have liked, but which I don't count as a severe usage error. He said "eviDENCE" and "Vic-Tum" which some people are used to counting as "bad speech" because (again, I submit) Hollywood has been feeding us a steady diet of dumb and evil characters speaking like that for decades, but it's just a Southern accent. Having known plenty of un-evil, un-dumb, people from the South who speak like that and open doors for little old ladies and call them "Ma'am," I do not see anything in Mr. Haley's demeanor to make me hear the theme from Deliverance. To me, he kind of has that "fe-male" and "ve-hicle" speak going on--which he probably picked up in Boy Scouts.

Sounds plausible to me, more so than many of the other theories I've read online. If I had to guess based on the limited amount of info we have right now, I would say she lost control of the car and then all or most of that is what happened.

JMO

I would want to know if that is a spot that she has been known to park at in the past. Maybe she likes to text from that spot (rather than while driving). I would also hope that the gas tank has been inspected for a rupture (and if not, I would hope they know how much fuel is left in it). These cases that get so much internet attention seem to always take "a tip of an iceberg" meme. They tend to escalate into matters of international intrigue, very rapidly. I suppose I am trying to strike the opposite approach. It seems that there is a ratio between how little evidence a case has vs the world of conjecture that little evidence brings to rise.

Heck, I don't know.

Google "fatal car crash fire"

There are lots of them just from the past month.

Don't like the idea of a crash? Google "fatal car fire -crash"

This guy was parked at a motel.
http://patch.com/massachusetts/danvers/fatal-car-fire-claims-life-45-year-old-middleton-man-0

And this case is remarkably similar to Jessica, IMO.

UPDATE 12/8/14@ 3:45 p.m.
CABELL COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- The Cabell County Sheriff has released the name of the woman who they believe died in a car fire outside her apartment building Saturday morning.

Sheriff Tom McComas says the victim is 26-year-old Ashley (W.)

Sheriff McComas says due to burn injuries, the W.Va. Medical Examiner will have to make the positive identification using dental records.

The fatal accident happened in (snip) Barboursville just before 3 a.m. Saturday.

The Sheriff says, at this time, investigators still don’t know what caused (her) car to jump the curb in the parking lot and then go over an embankment. The incident remains under investigation.

The call came in as a structure fire, but when crews arrived they found that two cars were burning beside the apartment building.

It was while fighting the fires that firefighters found there was a person inside one of the vehicles.

McComas says (she) was a contract employee with the W.Va. Supreme Court as a Case Manager with the County Drug Court.
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/...rsboursville-284962041.html?device=tablet&c=y

Punctured gas tank cause of car fire
9-year-old girl being treated in the intensive care unit in Bozeman.
LE says the car may have hit something along the road Wednesday evening, causing a dime-sized hole in the gas tank.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/11/mhp-punctured-gas-tank-cause-of-fatal-car-fire/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth