MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caution: Graphic pics of burns. Don't open, scroll and roll, if you don't have the stomach to view. These types of burns are unimaginable and I only posted a pic of an arm...

http://hospitals.unm.edu/burn/classification.shtml

Third Degree Burn: Very graphic

http://www.google.com/search?q=thir...%2Fphotos%2Frosenwald%2F4533458539%2F;429;500

Third degree burns, more than likely, IMO, what Jessica suffered from due to the intensity of the fire and possible use of accelerant, are incredibly gruesome. I have only ever seen them on a person, post mortem. This beautiful young girl did not deserve this.

I'm pretty sure you would need enough reward money to start your life over again in a place far away, assuming a new identity and all. I get the fear. I get the silence. The person(s) who did this are pure evil.

RE: EVIL
Retired FBI BAU Profiler Roger L. Depue
Between Good and Evil: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Good-Evil-Profilers-Predators/dp/0446532649#

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

11K isn't really a large amount of money even in an area such as Courtland. Homes are an average 100K there.
50-80K, however? That could be life changing to those that hold information that could solve this case.

21K is getting there. But, you are right, . . . probably not enough for people to talk . . . if they know anything.

Do you get the impression that LE has known of illegal activity, involving a lot of young people for a long time, and have just looked the other way? Flatfootjoe has me thinking...

Here is one that Zool posted in comment #158 of this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=11302168&highlight=timeline#post11302168

I'm still looking for an article with time of death in it. I remember it being around 2 or 3 am the following morning (12/7) but the latest articles seem to have adopted "later died" instead of giving exact time.

Thank you so much!

From ZOOL's post

Jessica arrives at M&M First Stop Gas at 06:24:39pm

Enters store at 6:27:15 pays (for gas?) then exits store at 6:28:15pm

Gets in car and drives away -- estimated time now around 6:32pm?

Jessica’s mom, Lisa Chambers, has phone conversation with Jessica at 6:48pm (Jessica is going to get something to eat)

Fire Department respond to a 911 call at 8:13pm (Jessica Discovered)

(I deleted a few lines because we know she didn't get assaulted or lit on fire at the store.)

Based on these times, the incident (whatever the incident is that led to the car ending up at the position where it was discovered and the fire starting) could have happened anytime between 7:00 (mom said they talked for about 20 minutes but I'm sure that was an approximation) and 8:13.

Since the location of the car wasn't very far from the store, the passerby may have seen a car that had been burning for well over an hour. I don't know what that would look like but the fire chief sounded surprised to find someone still in or at the car.

The fire was undoubtedly extinguished by 9 p.m., wouldn't you think? Car was towed at around 2:30 a.m., IIRC. That's at least five and a half hours of processing the scene.

In my honest opinion, someone w/ 3rd degree burns to 98% of their body is going to be in shock, unconscious very quickly....just the body's natural way of dealing with that much pain and assault. That said, I do not believe for a minute that she spoke anything to anyone. IMO that was made up by some who was aware of what had been done to her/who did it, and they were protecting that person(s) and trying to throw off LE, or have the finger pointed in the wrong direction. In some articles it's reported that JC said one word, the name of someone.........in the recent interview with the 22 yr old fire chief, he claims she whispered a few words to him. The details in this case change a lot.

In one of the first articles about this case (I am trying to find it again), I remember reading it and thinking to myself, "this seems odd." It was the fire chief talking about first getting to the scene, seeing the car on fire and then realizing there was a person by the car. He stated this person was burned so badly they weren't recognizable..............which of course would make sense of burned to 98% of one's body right?.....then he stated he realized it was JC. Now how would he figure this out so quickly? The car was on fire and wouldn't be recognizable. There's a whole lotta weirdness in this case, IMO.

There is something that is not adding up to me. At least with what I have read so far, and I don't know how accurate the information is. Ok, do we know how long it was between the time the caller reporting the fire called in, and when the fire dept. arrived? And how long could someone be able to walk or talk wile on fire. I would think less than a minute and she would be in shock. But she wasn't in shock because she was maybe walking and conscious. S the car is on fire along with the victim, some one sees the fire, calls it in and after enough time passes for the fire dept to arrive, she is still conscious. ether they got there really fast or she was set afire after the call. Or maybe she wasn't on fire that long. Just long enough the burn her and not go into shock, and she wasn't on fire when the fire dept arrived.

Do you get the impression that LE has known of illegal activity, involving a lot of young people for a long time, and have just looked the other way? Flatfootjoe has me thinking...

I have no idea anymore.

The only thing I knew a few days ago was that this city obviously needed outside help from some entity like the FBI.
The other thing I know is that I am hopeful they will unearth those responsible for Jessica's death.

Ok, how about this. She pulls up that embankment of her own volition for whatever reason. In the process she ruptures her gas tank. After sitting for a bit she smells gas. She is in her pajama bottoms, possibly sitting on cloth seat upholstery. She decides to get out and double check her gas cap. Her phone is in her hand. She notices the gas cap flap door is left open and she reaches to close it. A static electricity spark ignites the wet fuel still laying around the cap filler pocket. She is startled and her phone goes flying. The flame follows the spilled fuel down to the now soaked ground under the car from the leak in the tank. And the rest is history.

In my honest opinion, someone w/ 3rd degree burns to 98% of their body is going to be in shock, unconscious very quickly....just the body's natural way of dealing with that much pain and assault. That said, I do not believe for a minute that she spoke anything to anyone. IMO that was made up by some who was aware of what had been done to her/who did it, and they were protecting that person(s) and trying to throw off LE, or have the finger pointed in the wrong direction. In some articles it's reported that JC said one word, the name of someone.........in the recent interview with the 22 yr old fire chief, he claims she whispered a few words to him. The details in this case change a lot.

In one of the first articles about this case (I am trying to find it again), I remember reading it and thinking to myself, "this seems odd." It was the fire chief talking about first getting to the scene, seeing the car on fire and then realizing there was a person by the car. He stated this person was burned so badly they weren't recognizable..............which of course would make sense of burned to 98% of one's body right?.....then he stated he realized it was JC. Now how would he figure this out so quickly? The car was on fire and wouldn't be recognizable. There's a whole lotta weirdness in this case, IMO.

This ^

This has been bothering me

RE: EVIL
Retired FBI BAU Profiler Roger L. Depue
Between Good and Evil: A Master Profiler's Hunt for Society's Most Violent Predators
http://www.amazon.com/Between-Good-Evil-Profilers-Predators/dp/0446532649#

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

Respectfully snipped.

Personally, This last paragraph could not be more true. I have never read this before, probably with good reason. It puts into words this feeling I have endured the last 32 years, as a homicide survivor. I would like to think that we, here, are fighting evil in our own way. We invest ourselves in these cases with compassion and care, not because of the gruesomeness of the crime or the sensationalism surrounding it. IMO we take away, from each post or thread, a common desire to rid the world of the evil that seems so pervasive, and in our own way, try to right the Universe with positivity in our own lives, hoping that one small gesture of kindness or caring, will have a desired effect. JMV

We don't know what they've given the agencies. They may have done what you suggested. We just don't know.

I want LE to investigate all leads, especially when a DA publicly announces that no arrests are anticipated any time soon.

I wouldn't give my info, if I had any, to local LE. Lol. Not in my hometown and definitely not to theirs! I do not condone street justice, though. Even in a case as horrific as this, I would never threaten anyone personally, especially lacking hard evidence of involvement. My biggest fear is that the case could be compromised in some way that prevents justice down the line.

But I do think it's quite possible she also had too much information on certain nefarious activities going on. Her prior associations and being in trouble with minor charges before may have set her up to be pressured by law enforcement to roll over information. A close family member who is a defense attorney says this is VERY common.

Now that you mention it...that makes sense and has been the subject of an article: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/09/03/the-throwaways

Ok, how about this. She pulls up that embankment of her own volition for whatever reason. In the process she ruptures her gas tank. After sitting for a bit she smells gas. She is in her pajama bottoms, possibly sitting on cloth seat upholstery. She decides to get out and double check her gas cap. Her phone is in her hand. She notices the gas cap flap door is left open and she reaches to close it. A static electricity spark ignites the wet fuel still laying around the cap filler pocket. She is startled and her phone goes flying. The flame follows the spilled fuel down to the now soaked ground under the car from the leak in the tank. And the rest is history.

Interesting thought...If you read Flatfootjoe's assessment up thread, would you still maintain this theory?

Would i be correct in assuming that LE and FD know where the fire started in the car?
Engine,gas tank versus inside?

Caution: Graphic pics of burns. Don't open, scroll and roll, if you don't have the stomach to view. These types of burns are unimaginable and I only posted a pic of an arm...

http://hospitals.unm.edu/burn/classification.shtml

Third Degree Burn: Very graphic

http://www.google.com/search?q=thir...%2Fphotos%2Frosenwald%2F4533458539%2F;429;500

Third degree burns, more than likely, IMO, what Jessica suffered from due to the intensity of the fire and possible use of accelerant, are incredibly gruesome. I have only ever seen them on a person, post mortem. This beautiful young girl did not deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzDuJour View Post
My understanding is that he did not recognize her, she said her name and the name of her attacker.

According to the articles I've seen he did recognize who the victim was and given that he was only two years or so older he probably knew her ( and may have even been a friend of her late brother) quite well.
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/275896...efore-death?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

I've witnessed many fire victims in all stages of burns throughout my career as an Atlanta Firefighter/Captain Squad #4 Haz Mat... Trust me, a person with 98% 3rd degree burns would not be visually recognizable..

According to the articles I've seen he did recognize who the victim was and given that he was only two years or so older he probably knew her ( and may have even been a friend of her late brother) quite well.
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/275896...efore-death?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

He may have recognized who it was based at least in part on recognizing the car. We also don't really know just how badly she was burned - we know that some of the "details" that have come out are contradictory and therefore not all true. It certainly wouldn't take 3rd degree burns over 98% of her body to prove fatal, especially if she had inhaled flame or even just toxic smoke (one of the big killers in airplane fires is that the upholstery and plastics give off toxic fumes when they burn, I'd assume autos to be the same materials.)

wasn't in the car when she was set fire, she was upright, on her feet, probably bound and they used a low temperature combustible like "charcoal starter" or kerosene because gas would have been too quick.

How could the perp or perps have been sure a car wouldn't come along and notice their activity/their cars blocking the road?

Then why doesn't the department refute the allegedly untrue material? I am open to persuasion, but persuasion involves points and arguments not just "don't look at that." Hopefully MSM will be able to get an interview that contains such refutations. Nothing like that has been reported.

LE hasn't named anyone a suspect. I doubt they want to get in the business of policing the internet. JMO

I've witnessed many fire victims in all stages of burns throughout my career as an Atlanta Firefighter/Captain Squad #4 Haz Mat... Trust me, a person with 98% 3rd degree burns would not be visually recognizable..

Thank you for saying this. I didn't want to get too graphic. When I think back to the term used to refer to these poor souls by medical personnel, which I am sure you are aware of, I am ashamed of the insensitivity of the coping mechanisms used with such tragic and horrible outcomes...IMO.

He may have recognized who it was based at least in part on recognizing the car. We also don't really know just how badly she was burned - we know that some of the "details" that have come out are contradictory and therefore not all true. It certainly wouldn't take 3rd degree burns over 98% of her body to prove fatal, especially if she had inhaled flame or even just toxic smoke (one of the big killers in airplane fires is that the upholstery and plastics give off toxic fumes when they burn, I'd assume autos to be the same materials.)

I don't know if all the burns were third degree either. There is a medical term called Rule of Nines when it comes to calculating burns.

http://www.emtresource.com/emergencies/burns/rule-of-nines/

http://my.firefighternation.com/for...c:2902596?q=forum/topics/889755:Topic:2902596

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth