MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially had felt that something sexual happened in that car and she was set on fire to try and destroy evidence of that. With the revelation that Jessica had spoken to an author about writing a book about her life, it is quite possible no sexual crime took place and she was killed to shut her up. I am curious to know if Jessica went into any details with the author about her life? Whatever she was planning on writing, was there anything that someone wouldn't have wanted to be known? Whatever accelerant was poured down her mouth, assuming that did happen, could have been the perp/s way of sending Jessica a message to keep your mouth shut.

One of the 1st things I said to Still Seek Answers when we shared Jessica's story (modsnip) was that I saw the seat was reclined, wondered if there was oral sex; the lighter fluid to remove DNA traces. I totally believe there was another person in the car.

I could have sworn I saw more pics of her car on the wrecker & that it was backed on but now I'm not so sure. Looks like the car may have been put on front 1st which would mean that whoever hit her in the rear; the car spun around & went up the hill.

I hope the person or people that did this hear her screaming every second of every day! I personally am horrified someone can be so cold hearted to have so much rage to do this to another human being.

Many times when a crime victim is set on fire, it is not personal and may not be due to rage, revenge, or for any other reason except to destroy forensics evidence.. Chalk it up to the CSI affect.. Imo, the person/s responsible for JC's senseless murder will have a very long rap sheet consisting of many misdemeanors since adolescence, as well as the probability of a past felony indictment, imo..
The heinous nature of this crime, the refusal of investigators to release the autopsy results<silence>, and the sudden involvement by the FBI indicates the likelyhood of a sexual predator/serial killer involvement, imo.

FBI CODIS DNA Databases
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

What is a Familial Search?
As a result of the growing number of DNA profiles stored in DNA databases worldwide, a controversial technology has emerged onto the forensic scene. Criminals whose DNA profile has never been entered into a DNA database because they were never arrested, prosecuted or convicted of a crime can still be identified through a technique called familial searches.

Today, your DNA kinship can be sufficient to link you to a crime.

"Familial searching is a technique whereby a crime scene profile is deliberately run through the offender databank in the hopes of getting a list of profiles that are genetically similar to the DNA evidence and using this information as an investigative lead to interview family members of the near matches."
When a DNA profile is obtained from a crime scene and that profile is passed through the FBI's electronic program, the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS). A perfect hit will be obtained if all 26 alleles match a DNA profile in the database, indicating that the DNA sample is from the same person. But if a partial match occurs on at least 15 or more alleles then this could indicate that a close relative left the sample at the crime scene. A relative whose past conviction or arrest required them to provide their DNA can now send another family member to prison.

http://www.dnaforensics.com/familialsearches.aspx

The United States and Familial Searches
As of January 2010, the FBI's National DNA Index System (CODIS) contains over 7.8 million DNA profiles of offenders and over 300,000 forensic profiles, making it the largest DNA database in the world. (Compared to the British system that has more than 5% of its citizens in its DNA database including 800,000 innocent people, the U.S. has only 0.5% of the American population.) CODIS has produced over 101,000 hits and assisted in more than 100,000 investigations. One can follow the statistics of CODIS at the FBI CODIS website. The website tracks the number of offenders added to the DNA Database of each state and also follows the number of "Investigations Aided" where CODIS has added value to the investigative process.

Following the success of familial searches in the U.K., two major studies brought the issue of familial searches to the forefront in the U.S.

In 2004, the U.S. Justice Department published a report that concluded that almost half (48%) of all prison inmates surveyed reported having a close relative who had also been imprisoned. Usually this was a sibling, primarily a brother.
<sniped - read more>

220 miles down highway 51, there's a town called Cairo Illinois. It's eenvironment reminds me of the gas station in this case. The owners are also Arab, and they also mix well with the local Black community (no dating, one son was sent back to the old country for wanting to marry a Black woman). Jusy because it seems to be the social center of the town doesn't mean there's drug dealing going on. I don't find it strange that the tow truck stopped by the gas station.

(modsnip)
I don't find it strange, only because of the way the town is painted as "small town America". I do find it sloppy. Even if he had needed fuel I would have thought ' why didn't you get the blasted fuel before you went to the call' but hearing that it's because he wanted cigs is really sloppy. He could have waited. At that point he knew it wasn't a typical wreck, but a crime scene and he was carrying evidence. If they arrest someone in this case and it goes to trial, an attorney for the defendant is going to have a hay day with these methods and try to have things withheld from a jury. MOO

There is something that is not adding up to me. At least with what I have read so far, and I don't know how accurate the information is. Ok, do we know how long it was between the time the caller reporting the fire called in, and when the fire dept. arrived? And how long could someone be able to walk or talk wile on fire. I would think less than a minute and she would be in shock. But she wasn't in shock because she was maybe walking and conscious. S the car is on fire along with the victim, some one sees the fire, calls it in and after enough time passes for the fire dept to arrive, she is still conscious. ether they got there really fast or she was set afire after the call. Or maybe she wasn't on fire that long. Just long enough the burn her and not go into shock, and she wasn't on fire when the fire dept arrived.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
FBI BAU2 2005 Symposium - Serial Murder

Every day, law enforcement officers across America are called to respond to murders. Each homicide case is tragic, but there are few cases more heartrending and more difficult to understand than serial murder.

The FBI is committed to contributing to the understanding of these horrific acts. The FBI&#8217;s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime stands ready to assist our state, local, and international partners. We believe the best way to combat any threat &#8212; be it terrorism, gang violence, or serial murder &#8212; is to combine our knowledge and resources with those of our partners, and to work as a team.

The different discussion groups at the 2005 Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

&#8226; one or more offenders
&#8226; two or more murdered victims
&#8226; incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
&#8226; the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.
<sniped & BBM - read more>

BBM - The guy filling the gas can at the tank while JC can be seen in the video is named Eric? Do you have a link for that? I have missed that somehow. I knew an Eric had been interviewed and released but have not read that he is the man in the video! Thank you!

Now that I've gone back to find out where I read that, I realize it was not a reliable source. It was from a comment someone made on a report that cannot be linked here. Sorry for the bad info, and thank you for questioning it! The gas can man in the video remains unidentified as far as I know.

There is something that is not adding up to me. At least with what I have read so far, and I don't know how accurate the information is. Ok, do we know how long it was between the time the caller reporting the fire called in, and when the fire dept. arrived? And how long could someone be able to walk or talk wile on fire. I would think less than a minute and she would be in shock. But she wasn't in shock because she was maybe walking and conscious. S the car is on fire along with the victim, some one sees the fire, calls it in and after enough time passes for the fire dept to arrive, she is still conscious. ether they got there really fast or she was set afire after the call. Or maybe she wasn't on fire that long. Just long enough the burn her and not go into shock, and she wasn't on fire when the fire dept arrived.

I will have to go back and find the MSM information, I believe it was in a video, but the *volunteer fire department were out and around the corner from the fire the night this took place. Someone reported a car fire on Herron (which turns into Main Street going east). Apparently they got there quickly and then it was noticed that she was also on fire.

Does not appear that the person calling in the car fire saw Jessica, (modsnip)

Let me go see if I can dig that information up.

http://wtvr.com/2014/12/10/before-death-teen-may-have-tried-to-tell-firefighters-who-murderer-was/

Personally, it is not very dark for me & I'm sure it's crystal clear to the FBI. Why? (modsnip), pretty girl from a broken home may equate to a recipe for disaster. Not every time, not all the time but I'm pretty sure this time. Just moo and we'll see...

IMHO, there's an element of revenge here, an element of permanently shutting her up, an element of gangs showing their power.

But I think the perp(s) responsible will be singing like a tweetie bird real, real soon!

Moo

I understand and was feeling quite sure of the situation myself. Then I began to notice the same information being used in different places. Not just on SM, but there too. The press is repackaging stories, I can't say how many times I've read the same AP story copied by other outlets with a few things tweaked here and there. Anon and company are passing around the same photos, making the same claims, on at least 4 different accounts. It gives the impression that we have a lot of information. I'm not so sure we do. That's not even touching on whether or not the info is accurate. At this point, there are only a few of possibilities that would surprise me, 1) suicide, 2) accident or 3) mom. Just about anything else is possible based on what I know today.

Texts I do not believe are stored with google, but images/pictures, emails and your entire phone book is.
As well as "location" correct? Since you usually have "location ON" to search most items unless she had turned hers off. Or is that location pinging off towers?

Recently there was an horrific case where a man was found under a bridge, surrounded by candles and spray cans, burned to death.
It turned out, that he had actually been sniffing some sort of solvent and the candles ignited the fumes near his mouth and nose.
Not saying that this might be the case here, but just thought to mention it, fwiw.

As well as "location" correct? Since you usually have "location ON" to search most items unless she had turned hers off. Or is that location pinging off towers?

It's both.
If you use google services to use the web browser it will log your location with Google. Just like Facebook will use it in your posts under status update. Your location will appear in that posting.

Your cellphone usage with your carrier, like T-Mobile, also has this information so it can connect your phone with towers in the area. That's something you can never turn off, unlike the options to opt-out, in most cases, of location services with phone applications such as Google, Facebook, Zynga, etc.

I believe that's right, just hope that makes sense!

I will have to go back and find the MSM information, I believe it was in a video, but the *volunteer fire department were out and around the corner from the fire the night this took place. Someone reported a car fire on Herron (which turns into Main Street going east). Apparently they got there quickly and then it was noticed that she was also on fire.

Does not appear that the person calling in the car fire saw Jessica, or maybe . . . well, I won't speculate on that.

Let me go see if I can dig that information up.

http://wtvr.com/2014/12/10/before-death-teen-may-have-tried-to-tell-firefighters-who-murderer-was/

Courtland Fire Chief talks about finding Jessica Chambers

http://www.clarionledger.com/media/...e-chief-talks-about-finding-jessica-chambers/

Hi! Long time lurker first time poster. :)

My gut says abusive ex boyfriend.

Found this article about Ali Alsanai (gas station employee):

Man target of death threats in Jessica Chambers case
:welcome6:
Glad you are posting. When I started posting the most difficult part for me was not knowing the tone of the author. Since we cannot use visual clues to the other posters demeanor it is difficult to interpret if the person is offended,using sarcasm or just 'pulling our leg'. I have found linking sources and clearly stating if 'ideas ' are my own opinion helps avoid misunderstandings. I have found having 'fresh eyes' posting to a thread is invaluable to our understanding of the case. MOO

I'm flabbergasted that a passing motorist continued driving by. If there is any truth to the facts (a) she was walking, and (b) on fire, then that person is a cold-blooded (I can't print word).

As an aside...the "first responder" and "the fire department" IMO are two separate entities. In my community, a first responder would be a single individual in a 4x4, emergency-equipped, SUV; a fire department would be much more....trucks, hoses, ladders, men etc.

It has been stated that the first responder was at a nearby location. On Hwy 51, I imagine he may have been able to exceed the speed limit due to a fair degree of familiarity with terrain. I seem to recall seeing 8:13pm posted as the time of the 911 call, and 8:15pm posted as the arrival of the first responder. But before you accept those times, please try to find a more accurate account than my recollection.

I
I understand and was feeling quite sure of the situation myself. Then I began to notice the same information being used in different places. Not just on SM, but there too. The press is repackaging stories, I can't say how many times I've read the same AP story copied by other outlets with a few things tweaked here and there. Anon and company are passing around the same photos, making the same claims, on at least 4 different accounts. It gives the impression that we have a lot of information. I'm not so sure we do. That's not even touching on whether or not the info is accurate. At this point, there are only a few of possibilities that would surprise me, 1) suicide, 2) accident or 3) mom. Just about anything else is possible based on what I know today.

Hit the nail on the head! There isn't much info. Not since the very beginning when some of the more gruesome details were given...lighter fluid squirted, last words, walking on fire...I think some of these bits of info were really given to the family because of their close ties to local LE. What I think happened from there was that the info then got to the media and then the clamp was put down to where even the family is getting no more info than the general public.

And now, we have speculation and people digging into the gas station, making threats and all. Do I think there is a gang presence in this community? Most definitely. LE admits as much, I will find the link, but MSM has an article from 2012 and another more recent one quoting LE as saying gangs have taken root there. Was this a gang-related killing? I'm inclined to believe so. We have a 19 year old girl that felt she had experienced enough at her young age to write a book. That tells me she had been through a great deal. I'm from an area that has quite a bit of gang activity. Lost a cop several years back to an ambush. Our sheriff has had tons of charges against him, including terroristic threats, out local PD just fired 3 officers(long-standing) with no explanation. Staties investigating several of our local precincts. There is so much racism here it makes me sick. And I live in Pennsylvania. Not much surprises or shocks me anymore when I cannot even go to work without watching drug deals and prostitutes on every corner. But this JC case SHOCKED me. I was literally ill. I could not sleep for two days after hearing about this case.

Gangs and drugs are destroying MY hometown. And the silence is deadly. People are afraid to speak because drugs are a huge business. So, yeah. I can lean towards gangs and drugs. My once beautiful, thriving town built off of the backs of steelworkers has turned to crap. And it is spreading to the point where most of my county is under siege.

I hate drugs and resent these gangs. I've lost too many friends and even family members to drugs in one way or another. And I will never understand why this lifestyle seems so appealing. Money isn't everything. Not when you bury too many of your own to get it.

Is there a timeline anywhere for this? Curious about the time of the surveillance tape, the 911 call, what time she was transported & declared dead, how long VFD and tow truck operator were on-scene, etc.

REMINDER: There is NO evidence reported to date that indicates Jessica's death was drug or gang related. None.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but for the sake of this discussion, please stick to the facts as reported in the mainstream media.

Thanks.

* This note is intended for the benefit of all, and for no one in particular.

:welcome6:
Glad you are posting. When I started posting the most difficult part for me was not knowing the tone of the author. Since we cannot use visual clues to the other posters demeanor it is difficult to interpret if the person is offended,using sarcasm or just 'pulling our leg'. I have found linking sources and clearly stating if 'ideas ' are my own opinion helps avoid misunderstandings. I have found having 'fresh eyes' posting to a thread is invaluable to our understanding of the case. MOO

Thank you for the welcome! I am a bit confused. Did I do something wrong?

I'm flabbergasted that a passing motorist continued driving by. If there is any truth to the facts (a) she was walking, and (b) on fire, then that person is a cold-blooded (I can't print word).

As an aside...the "first responder" and "the fire department" IMO are two separate entities. In my community, a first responder would be a single individual in a 4x4, emergency-equipped, SUV; a fire department would be much more....trucks, hoses, ladders, men etc.

It has been stated that the first responder was at a nearby location. On Hwy 51, I imagine he may have been able to exceed the speed limit due to a fair degree of familiarity with terrain. I seem to recall seeing 8:13pm posted as the time of the 911 call, and 8:15pm posted as the arrival of the first responder. But before you accept those times, please try to find a more accurate account than my recollection.

ZOOL, imo the passing motorist likely did not see JC walking and on fire or the Fire Chief would know that there was a burn victim prior to their arrival on the scene.
The missing part of the equation, imo, is how long the vehicle had burned before the passing motorist spotted the fire..
A 1st Responder is a public safety employee; firefighter, police officer, or an EMT, etc., who is among those responsible for responding to the scene of a crime, an accident, or other emergency incident to provide assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth