MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since she was set afire, I think the perp's message to Jessica was "you're dead".

Yes of course that would be the ultimate message, but what I meant was whoever did it could just have easily doused her and set her on fire without having to pour it down her mouth and that they chose to do that because she wanted to talk. As you also said it could also be a message to other to say "see what happens when you open your mouth."

To flatfootjoe - I quite enjoy and appreciate your knowledge and info you are sharing here in your posts. Very informative.

There appears to be damage to the rear of JC's vehicle, trunk and mostly to right rear corner, as if she'd been rear-ended. I'm assuming LE, or maybe now FBI, will be searching for any vehicle's around those parts with front end damage? Makes you wonder if someone tried to run her off the road and in a frantic attempt to 'get away' from them, she turned right and up that embankment, perhaps not realizing she'd only be able to go so far...........though if that were the case you'd think she'd have some front end damage too, from hitting the tree?

Is it usual that they haven't released the 911 call made to report her car on fire? From what I understand, the location of her burning car was not an area that would be frequently traveled. I wonder who made the call?...and did that person remain at the scene, or get out to see if it was an accident scene and someone might need help?

It bothers me a lot that we've seen pics of her car on the flatbed/tow truck, in front of the gas station. I'm really surprised, given the nature of the situation, that a tow truck driver wouldn't realize the importance of getting the vehicle to whatever LE impound lot it would go to, for forensic review/inspection/etc. Her car was a key piece of a crime scene, you don't just tow it and stop at the gas station and leave it there? When the perp(s) is found and this goes to trial, could this not be used against the prosecution........that the proper 'chain of custody' wasn't followed with respect to transporting the vehicle in such a way that it could not potentially be tampered with?

Just curious --- in terms of an accelerant poured down her throat.....could it have been some type of high-proof alcohol?

Yes of course that would be the ultimate message, but what I meant was whoever did it could just have easily doused her and set her on fire without having to pour it down her mouth and that they chose to do that because she wanted to talk. As you also said it could also be a message to other to say "see what happens when you open your mouth."

I concur to some extent with your analysis. I believe though that it was a one-on-one crime instead of multiple attackers. I also agree that there were two different types of accelerants used. If you haven't read my earlier, lengthy post on page two of this topic you might desire too. It seems you and I are of similar although somewhat different opinions.
Thanks!

I did read your analysis, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

I think the cell phone and it's battery being removed isn't just significant, but shows intent. The criminal at very least did not want her to be able to call for assistance. At very most didn't want her body located. You can't discount that piece of evidence or behavior. However a not so smart criminal, because they didn't or couldn't yank the sim card and didn't know how much evidence could be pulled from an intact smart phone.

I think being a marine may have biased your opinion to what a typical person can do. While you, or even a LEO with proper training could subdue someone fighting for their life, A typical young male couldn't and they know it. This took at least 2 men, if as conjecture suggests it had "been planned for weeks" they weren't sending one guy to get the job done.

I don't see this as accidental in anyway. Every step was deliberate and planned. One culprit in the car with her. Another at the site of her death, maybe more. The final culprit was following to cage her in.

She knew when she hit that area of Herron Rd, something was about to go down.

Again all strictly MO

Another question, pls.................does anyone else find it a bit strange that JC's car was towed from the burn site so quickly? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left it there until the next day, tape it off as a crime scene, have officers guard it until the daylight that next day where they could properly assess the scene for evidence, foot prints, etc.............versus having a tow truck driver in there in the dark? Maybe they do things differently in tiny towns but where I'm from, they'd have never moved it at night in the dark. They would have done what I described above.....and then gone back the next day (or once daylight) and really done a good thorough assessment of the overall scene.........position of vehicle in relation to tire tracks, footprints, look for any evidence (shoes, cig butts, booze bottles, rags, etc etc) around the scene, maybe tossed into the brush, etc? Was there any LE guarding that site overnight to ensure that nobody came onsight to remove any possible evidence?

Another question, pls.................does anyone else find it a bit strange that JC's car was towed from the burn site so quickly? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have left it there until the next day, tape it off as a crime scene, have officers guard it until the daylight that next day where they could properly assess the scene for evidence, foot prints, etc.............versus having a tow truck driver in there in the dark? Maybe they do things differently in tiny towns but where I'm from, they'd have never moved it at night in the dark. They would have done what I described above.....and then gone back the next day (or once daylight) and really done a good thorough assessment of the overall scene.........position of vehicle in relation to tire tracks, footprints, look for any evidence (shoes, cig butts, booze bottles, rags, etc etc) around the scene, maybe tossed into the brush, etc? Was there any LE guarding that site overnight to ensure that nobody came onsight to remove any possible evidence?

In my personal experience, anytime I've seen a car involved in an accident or crime, it goes to impound as soon as possible. I can't comment on police procedure for for Batesville, I think you'd need a local for that.

I've drank flaming shots before, it burns off too fast and extinguishes to easily to do the damage she suffered.

I think I've monopolized this thread for far too long. I honestly want to read what the rest of you want to say rather than type what I think happened. I know there is quite a bit of conjecture in what I've posted, although it's all the result of a highly analytical mind, supplemented by lots of life experience. All based on reading what little evidence is actually substantiated and trying not to be biased by rumor.

Having lost one of my own children to suspicious circumstance, where the police decided an investigation wasn't warranted, I only hope that Jessica doesn't fall prey to a like fate.

WS thank you for welcoming my input, and not telling me I'm some crazy conspiracy nut.

I'm going quiet for a while.

I've drank flaming shots before, it burns off too fast and extinguishes to easily to do the damage she suffered.

We won't know the damage she suffered to her nose and throat until the autopsy findings are released. It was discussed up-thread that her nose and throat would have been singed just from inhaling in that fire. It was that teenage looking fire chief who first made the remark about an accelerant being poured down her nose and throat. He also said she spoke to him.
The two comments sort of contradict each other.

JMO - that's what I pieced together. We really need more official information. I hope the wait isn't too long.

[SUP][/SUP]Is it my understanding that the feds were called in because AA had received death threats as posted previously or were they called in because the MBI asked them to help investigate?

I think I've monopolized this thread for far too long. I honestly want to read what the rest of you want to say rather than type what I think happened. I know there is quite a bit of conjecture in what I've posted, although it's all the result of a highly analytical mind, supplemented by lots of life experience. All based on reading what little evidence is actually substantiated and trying not to be biased by rumor.

Having lost one of my own children to suspicious circumstance, where the police decided an investigation wasn't warranted, I only hope that Jessica doesn't fall prey to a like fate.

WS thank you for welcoming my input, and not telling me I'm some crazy conspiracy nut.

BBM

:grouphug: So sorry to hear that. :rose:

You're doing great. I think you have good insight and experience to share. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I do find it unusual. I've not heard of a car removed from the scene of a fatal car accident for at least six hours where I live. If it's dark, it would likely stay put until daylight. So, yes, under these circumstances, I do think it's odd that it was removed so quickly.

ETA: It's not like the car was on a busy road tying up traffic either so I don't really see what the rush would be.

I had read your post not long after you submitted it and I happen to agree with much of what you say. I have only two things that I don't totally agree with.

You mention killers only kill for three reasons. Money, sex or revenge. While almost all murders will fit into those categories, you're forgetting the certified crazy people, like people who throw a random stranger in front of a moving subway.

You also mention her cell phone having no merit. That would all depend on exactly where it was found, where the battery was found and what type of phone. Do we have any factual information regarding this? I've seen it written on here somewhere that the phone was found in a ditch not near the scene. If it wasn't near her car, then it wouldn't have been tossed out her car at the scene while her car was stopped. It would have had to happen while driving or tossed after. If the battery wasn't found nearby, then it couldn't have fallen out when the phone landed and it would mean it was taken out and tossed separately. Some of the phones now, you can't remove the battery without taking the phone apart. Much to my dismay I have a phone like that. I was disappointed to learn that if I should need a new battery, I will either have to learn how to take the phone apart or pay someone to do it for me. Had I known that prior to buying it. I probably wouldn't have bought it. If that's the type of phone she had, then the battery shouldn't have fallen out when it landed and the battery should still be in there unless the phone completely broke apart.

Thanks Droopy for the response!

I will say this in defense of Sex, money and revenge. Studies have shown even the crazies and sociopaths kill for revenge. It may be revenge "because my mom never loved me" or "daddy beat me" or "I was abused as a kid" but they always kill as a way to take revenge on someone, even a long-deceased parent etc. That said, either way I think we can concur that 99% (although I think 100%) kill for sex, money, or revenge.

Interesting observation on the phone, and I agree that it could have ended up some distance from the crime scene. I have no way or knowing where it was located, but was merely trying to put this together. The location, still though, even at some distance could have happened again, when driving, arguing, and her trying to make a call or receiving a text and the killer simply got perturbed and in the process of arguing slapped her hand and it went flying out of the car before the car stopped.
That said, I still think regardless of where it was found, it was simply because the killer could not locate it in the darkness and elected to leave it in hopes it would not be found. About the phone battery, you are correct, phone batteries and compartments are all different, but the vast majority of battery compartments will pop open when dropped.
I have dropped mine many, many times, and almost invariably the compartment pops open and the battery drops out.

Whatever transpired I do not feel a "crazy" out there did it. I'll stay to my original opinion. Jessica, god bless her, ran it appears with some pretty dubious characters, and I assume it caught up with her.
My mom always said, "Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future." Unfortunately, Jessica did not have much of a future.

Nice to know though we tend to agree most on the hypothesis that I laid out. I did like reading your post as well. Thanks for allowing me to chime in.

Thanks Flatfoot for the response and vote of confidence. Seems we agree in principal to much of my theory.

You may read a bt more about the phone on my post to Droopy since you both posed similar questions.

As to the Marine thing, I really tried to put that aside when writing my post, and thought about it quite a bit beforehand. I'll say this with respect to the power it might take to subdue someone. That cuts both ways. A person who is fighting for their life resist violently the attacker...but the other side of the coin is that the person who is doing the killing finds adrenalin that they never knew they had. Fear of dying surely brings out super-strength in a case like this but so does the fear of being caught.

It will be interesting to see who among all of us has the closest correct theory as to what happened on that night if an arrest and conviction ever happens.

[SUP][/SUP]Is it my understanding that the feds were called in because AA had received death threats as posted previously or were they called in because the MBI asked them to help investigate?

Feds were called in before AA's "alleged" death threats.

Who called the Feds in? Don't know....

A thing I've been thinking about AA is this, if he had not given that video information to a reporter, it's likely we all wouldn't even know who he was. The police are keeping whatever they are thinking close to the vest and that has left the public with little to focus on with regards to JC and who is responsible for her death. Same thing with that whole town and perceived corruption . The things many of us have seen around the internet may be a matter of perception. I don't know if that's the case or not but I'm just thinking here about how what we see influences our ideas about a situation, and how what we are not seeing might change our view.

For instance, back when BP had their oil spill, most not in the area I live in had a perception that the Gulf was a giant slick and all the fish etc were covered in it. That just wasn't the case but because the media played the same video of a crane drenched in it, it gave the impression that that was the typical situation along the Gulf coast.

For lack of a better way to phrase it, I wonder if a lot of what seems important now, because we don't have much else to go on, might not seem so crucial later. Like it's filling a void. Who would have thought Striped Shirt Guy had nothing to do with a death caused by fire, while they were watching him fill a gas can where the victim was last seen? Not me. I was all "holy H!@#! he's filling gas cans!!"

"We are seeing through a glass darkly" I hope the FBI can see clearly.

Personally, it is not very dark for me & I'm sure it's crystal clear to the FBI. Why? (modsnip) pretty girl from a broken home may equate to a recipe for disaster. Not every time, not all the time but I'm pretty sure this time. Just moo and we'll see...

IMHO, there's an element of revenge here, an element of permanently shutting her up, an element of gangs showing their power.

But I think the perp(s) responsible will be singing like a tweetie bird real, real soon!

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member