MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a timeline anywhere for this? Curious about the time of the surveillance tape, the 911 call, what time she was transported & declared dead, how long VFD and tow truck operator were on-scene, etc.
I know that I've seen them, both here and in news articles. If I find one I'll post a link.

I'm flabbergasted that a passing motorist continued driving by. If there is any truth to the facts (a) she was walking, and (b) on fire, then that person is a cold-blooded (I can't print word).

As an aside...the "first responder" and "the fire department" IMO are two separate entities. In my community, a first responder would be a single individual in a 4x4, emergency-equipped, SUV; a fire department would be much more....trucks, hoses, ladders, men etc.

It has been stated that the first responder was at a nearby location. On Hwy 51, I imagine he may have been able to exceed the speed limit due to a fair degree of familiarity with terrain. I seem to recall seeing 8:13pm posted as the time of the 911 call, and 8:15pm posted as the arrival of the first responder. But before you accept those times, please try to find a more accurate account than my recollection.

Different areas have different policies, I'm sure. This is a very small town, not within the city limits of a community with a full-time fire department. They rely on volunteer fire departments to respond to many calls. In my area, EMTs and paramedics aren't allowed to lift or extract patients, so the city FD or VFD responds to pretty much all calls.

As far as the passerby, it might have been somebody's granny (or teenage daughter) driving home who saw a fire in the distance and called 911. I'm sure the caller hoped that the vehicle was unoccupied, if he or she even realized it was a car. From what I've read around the web, it's fortunate anyone saw it at all. I don't know whether the caller kept driving or stopped at the scene after making the call or not.

I will add to my above post that it is IMO that this murder may have been the work of a gang. I surely have no proof of that and my post was speculation based upon my own experiences on the matter. I, of course, have NO firsthand knowledge about Courtland, MS. I only have what I've read in MSM and other sources not approved by this forum. I have taken in all of the information I was able to glean and gave each piece the weight I feel it deserved. In the absence of anything concrete to go on, I based my conclusions on what is available and my gut feeling only. Sorry if my post was out of line.

Walkinghorse,your 1st post was awesome. :smile:

i was speaking from my own experience. I only meant sometimes I have observed and participated in posts where there is a misunderstanding from the 'tone' of the dialog. Sometimes a post can be 'fun' or mischevious' in a good way.

Posting is kinda like speaking up in the classroom. Some people are naturals and it comes easy for them. Others have to practice speaking up and eventually are comfortable doing so.

I am am laughing at my self right now because as I have said before 'brevity is not my strong suit'. :silly:

ZOOL, imo the passing motorist likely did not see JC walking and on fire or the Fire Chief would know that there was a burn victim prior to their arrival on the scene.
The missing part of the equation, imo, is how long the vehicle had burned before the passing motorist spotted the fire..
A 1st Responder is a public safety employee; firefighter, police officer, or an EMT, etc., who is among those responsible for responding to the scene of a crime, an accident, or other emergency incident to provide assistance.

Thanks Foxfire. I'm still flabbergasted.

In seeing an automobile engulfed in fire, I would immediately pull to the side of the road, run back, and survey the situation.

Thankfully I own a cellphone. I also have the sheriff's telephone number as my no. 1 position in my phonebook just in case whatever I am witnessing may not be a 911 call.

I like to think I am just a regular guy.

I can not say the same about that passing motorist.

Walkinghorse,your 1st post was awesome. :smile:

i was speaking from my own experience. I only meant sometimes I have observed and participated in posts where there is a misunderstanding from the 'tone' of the dialog. Sometimes a post can be 'fun' or mischevious' in a good way.

Posting is kinda like speaking up in the classroom. Some people are naturals and it comes easy for them. Others have to practice speaking up and eventually are comfortable doing so.

I am am laughing at my self right now because as I have said before 'brevity is not my strong suit'. :silly:

Ha! Whew! Just wanted to be sure I hadn't done something wrong. I understand your point. Having been on the internet since the early 90's I've seen misunderstandings happen a lot. I try to be very clear with my communications. If ever anyone needs clarification of my words please feel free to ask!

Thank you again for the welcome! :)

Is there a timeline anywhere for this? Curious about the time of the surveillance tape, the 911 call, what time she was transported & declared dead, how long VFD and tow truck operator were on-scene, etc.
Here is one that Zool posted in comment #158 of this thread http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=11302168&highlight=timeline#post11302168

I'm still looking for an article with time of death in it. I remember it being around 2 or 3 am the following morning (12/7) but the latest articles seem to have adopted "later died" instead of giving exact time.

Reward raised in Jessica Chambers investigation

<snip> Originally, a $1,000 reward was offered then $10,000 was added by the U.S. Marshals Office and now an additional $10,000 has been added.

http://wreg.com/2014/12/16/reward-raised-in-jessica-chambers-investigation/

What has gotten into reporters?

PANOLA COUNTY, Miss. &#8212; The reward for information in the burning death of Jessica Chambers has been raised again.

Originally, a $1,000 reward was offered then $10,000 was added by the U.S. Marshals Office and now an additional $10,000 has been added.

They don't say where this additional reward money is coming from. Doesn't that seem like a relatively noteworthy detail to include in a story with that headline? I know it's not relevant to who did what to Jessica but my gosh.

I believe the FBI added an additional amount of reward money, IIRC, but I haven't seen how much.
There is also a fundraiser online that the family has set up that is being used as reward money. Last time I looked, it was at around 16k and growing.

(I don't know if this link is a legal link if not. Please forgive me Bessie if it is not!)

&#8220;Hopefully, we&#8217;ll hear today that the reward has gone up,&#8221; said Champion.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...bers-burning-death-fbi-joins-manhunt_41883584

Clarion-Ledger update:

Officials wouldn't comment on specific witnesses, but Sheriff Dennis Darby said the accusations online are getting out of hand.

"They're accusing everybody. Here we are with the general public trying to take something off Facebook and solve the investigation," he said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...th-threats-in-jessica-chambers-case/20472455/

I agree. People are going too far. If people have inside information, they should give it to any one of the many agencies working on this case. speculation is one thing, but threats and personal attacks are muddying the waters and may eventually hinder the investigation.

I'm flabbergasted that a passing motorist continued driving by. If there is any truth to the facts (a) she was walking, and (b) on fire, then that person is a cold-blooded (I can't print word).

As an aside...the "first responder" and "the fire department" IMO are two separate entities. In my community, a first responder would be a single individual in a 4x4, emergency-equipped, SUV; a fire department would be much more....trucks, hoses, ladders, men etc.

It has been stated that the first responder was at a nearby location. On Hwy 51, I imagine he may have been able to exceed the speed limit due to a fair degree of familiarity with terrain. I seem to recall seeing 8:13pm posted as the time of the 911 call, and 8:15pm posted as the arrival of the first responder. But before you accept those times, please try to find a more accurate account than my recollection.

ZOOL, imo the passing motorist likely did not see JC walking and on fire or the Fire Chief would know that there was a burn victim prior to their arrival on the scene.
The missing part of the equation, imo, is how long the vehicle had burned before the passing motorist spotted the fire..
A 1st Responder is a public safety employee; firefighter, police officer, or an EMT, etc., who is among those responsible for responding to the scene of a crime, an accident, or other emergency incident to provide assistance.

Over the years, I have stopped at all kinds of accidents as I have ER RN experience. Not the same as a first responder, but I am pretty well versed in trauma assessment. I have had to call 911 frequently.

Truthfully, if I was driving by and saw a vehicle fully engulfed in fire, I would place distance between myself and the vehicle and call 911. I would NOT approach. If I saw an accident happen, saw the car ignite and people inside, and I could safely and rapidly approach the car and get the people out, I would do so in a heartbeat. I can't fault someone for not approaching the vehicle, not knowing whether it would explode or not. I agree with Foxfire here. JMV

I believe the FBI added an additional amount of reward money, IIRC, but I haven't seen how much.

There is also a fundraiser online that the family has set up that is being used as reward money. Last time I looked, it was at around 16k and growing.

Jumping off your post.
I don't know if any amount of money is going to make someone talk, if they know that being burned alive is a very real option.

Jumping off your post.
I don't know if any amount of money is going to make someone talk, if they know that being burned alive is a very real option.

I'm pretty sure you would need enough reward money to start your life over again in a place far away, assuming a new identity and all. I get the fear. I get the silence. The person(s) who did this are pure evil.

This case has truly enlightened me as to how naive I am regarding gang activity. For some reason, I just thought it was in bigger city areas, not in a rural, small "Podunk" town, in my limited view. This is a huge wake up call for me. Just because I don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist right under my nose.

Wilmington, Delaware now has the highest homicide rate per capita. I live here. The homicide activity is pretty much narrowed to a part of the Wilmington environs that I never have a reason to go to. I have become somewhat complacent in my thinking and I know better.

Clarion-Ledger update:

Officials wouldn't comment on specific witnesses, but Sheriff Dennis Darby said the accusations online are getting out of hand.

"They're accusing everybody. Here we are with the general public trying to take something off Facebook and solve the investigation," he said.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...th-threats-in-jessica-chambers-case/20472455/

Then why doesn't the department refute the allegedly untrue material? I am open to persuasion, but persuasion involves points and arguments not just "don't look at that." Hopefully MSM will be able to get an interview that contains such refutations. Nothing like that has been reported.

Jumping off your post.

11K isn't really a large amount of money even in an area such as Courtland. Homes are an average 100K there.
50-80K, however? That could be life changing to those that hold information that could solve this case.

21K is getting there. But, you are right, . . . probably not enough for people to talk . . . if they know anything.

I agree. People are going too far. If people have inside information, they should give it to any one of the many agencies working on this case. speculation is one thing, but threats and personal attacks are muddying the waters and may eventually hinder the investigation.

We don't know what they've given the agencies. They may have done what you suggested. We just don't know.

I want LE to investigate all leads, especially when a DA publicly announces that no arrests are anticipated any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5