MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some reading on his social media pages (it's all public) and I was saddened to read comment after comment by him expressing low regard for females. I don't know why Jessica would confide in a guy like that unless her past abusive relationships made a guy like the gas station guy seem completely normal.

There seems to be concerns about this gas station and the owner's statements. The owner, Ali Fadhel, was very specific about details of Jessica's transaction and even previous ones. The video shows activity by a clerk in a pink apron that appears to be a drug deal outside. The owner obviously knew Jessica well according to his statements, knew of her gruesome death and failed to contact LE about video evidence until outed by MSM. Also he did not mention her buying cigs...why leave out that detail since he was so explicit in other details? Perhaps he knew she didn't smoke and the cigs were for someone else?

DA said he could not comment on Fadhel's statements.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-hours-27515550

The other interesting point is that "no one is talking". Sounds like people are afraid which leads me to think it may be gang related. There has been recent increased gang activity in Panola county.
http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/gang-related-news?st=ms

Jessica was recently living in a shelter, IMO it was for safety as she had family she could have lived with. This makes me think that she may have been connected to a shady person (like a gang member). Her gruesome death makes me think someone wanted to shut her up and perhaps even send a message to others..

Unsure how LE knew Jessica was at the gas station. Did owner/clerk alert LE?

Well, Mom knew she was going to get gas and a bite to eat and has stated that in MSM, and as that particular gas station was her usual stop, I presume family did?

The manner of Jessica Chambers death is so gruesome that it had to be personal imo.

I agree with you -if- the person knowingly set her on fire while she was alive. On the other hand, if they thought she was already dead (from whatever caused the head injury) and the fire was only an attempt to hide evidence, then it might become less personal.

If so - then the perp might be freaking out, knowing that he/she burned someone to death.

I too live in a small southern town. Very diverse and intertwined. We don't have any racial problems either and stand around talking about the racial divides currently in the news...black and white, old and young...all of us in amazement that these divides are happening now in this day and time. We went through much turmoil here in the sixties and seventies but agree that those times are way in the past. There IS always a few that still have racial tension, but locals just avoid them and move on around them. All that being said, I still am not sure about this particular case. The only sure thing to me is this seems REAL personal. IMO she knew this person pretty well.

I know, that is frightening to me to think about that. Most of us wouldn't have enough things to write a book about at 19, at least I wouldn't have. Her parents must know about some of those things she planned to write about?

Just a thought, but that book might have been a motive. If someone knew she planned to "tell all" maybe someone didn't want things to be told.

Not odd at all. Get on the right track and stop dating and hanging around with whomever was hurting her or exhibited potential for doing so. Pretty simple.

Could be too that the boyfriend was into illegal things of one sort or another and was dragging her into them with him.

Jessica was recently living in a shelter, IMO it was for safety as she had family she could have lived with. This makes me think that she may have been connected to a shady person (like a gang member). Her gruesome death makes me think someone wanted to shut her up and perhaps even send a message to others..
SABBM

She was ? Hadn't heard that before...but I just jumped in today and haven't been reading all of the posts.
Interesting. Makes it seem like she was hiding from someone.
Hoping for an arrest soon !!
:moo:

OT --

I'm having incredible difficulty in posting images. Is this happening to anyone else?

The procedure has become inoperable.

zool

The info came from the gas station attendant who always sold JC her gas.

I wonder if the LE could get a timestamped receipt of a $14.00 gas purchase from the gas pump # at the time she pumped gas to prove Jessica actually purchased $14.00 worth of gas. I have no reason to trust anyone at that store.

RIP Jessica Fly High

There seems to be concerns about this gas station and the owner's statements. The owner, Ali Fadhel, was very specific about details of Jessica's transaction and even previous ones. The video shows activity by a clerk in a pink apron that appears to be a drug deal outside. The owner obviously knew Jessica well according to his statements, knew of her gruesome death and failed to contact LE about video evidence until outed by MSM. Also he did not mention her buying cigs...why leave out that detail since he was so explicit in other details? Perhaps he knew she didn't smoke and the cigs were for someone else?

DA said he could not comment on Fadhel's statements.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/burning-death-inquiry-eyes-womans-hours-27515550

The other interesting point is that "no one is talking". Sounds like people are afraid which leads me to think it may be gang related. There has been recent increased gang activity in Panola county.
http://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/gang-related-news?st=ms

BBM, I agree so much with your post!

Also jumping into the convo about the picture of Jessica's car on the flatbed tow truck, IF the vehicle was stopped at the gas station en route to the police impound lot, that is unbelievably negligent on the part of LE (or whomever towed the vehicle). This is especially true if that gas station owned the only tow truck in town, you cannot park evidence in front of a place just because the place owns the tow truck, you simply cannot. You take evidence to the LE impound lot immediately. Period.

Being a law student, I know I still have that "this is the perfect way to handle things" mentality where I think the way it's been taught to me is the way it works in RL. But even adjusting for that optimism, removing the car from the scene that quickly, and then taking it past the gas station (at least slow enough to allow for a clear picture to be taken) could compromise this entire case, and LE should know that. At the VERY LEAST, you cover the evidence. Picture at this link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/burned-teen-told-cops-killer-died-family-article-1.2039398

Do they even have pictures of the scene from before the vehicle was removed? Surely they must. As it stands we cannot tell which tire tracks are the tow truck's, which are Jessica's, whether there was another vehicle...that would compromise so much of the crime scene. And when the car on flatbed picture made it to SM, IMO no one should have even known a crime occurred at that point (as opposed to an accident/natural fire). The victim surely should not have been named at that point, and the information on the manner of death should not have been known to anyone but the officers and fire dept. I can't figure out how this information was escalating on SM mere hours after Jessica's tragic death.

I got distracted on another thread last night and may have missed a lot so correct anything I'm wrong about, with my blessing.
The women's shelter gives me a lot of questions.
Has she been in contact with her batterer?
Did she press charges against her batterer?
Does her batterer know she is OUT of the shelter?
Has she been ' laying low' since getting out to avoid people who may know the batterer?
Might one of the people at the gas station been friends with batterer ?
Could that be the first they've seen her and someone tipped off batterer that ' she's out, i just saw her' ?

A few questions

Is it possible JC had stayed in a homeless shelter (generic), not a shelter for abused/battered women, or dom vio victims?

If she stayed in shelter for abused/battered women, is it poss that abuse/battering came from someone other than an ex-BF?

What shelters operate in Paola County or closeby? Time limits on length of stays?

MSM said, JC had recently started working - at new job. Forgot what type, sales in clothing store? How recently? P/T, F/T? Where?
Is it possible job connects into perp(s) or motive? Seems unlikely, but...

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Jessica.

A few questions

MSM said, JC had recently started working - at new job. Forgot what type, sales in clothing store? How recently? P/T, F/T? Where?
Is it possible job connects into perp(s) or motive? Seems unlikely, but...

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Jessica.

RSBM. Goody's Dept store in Batesville. I included it (and link) on my map HERE

Originally Posted by Elley Mae Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...uneral-n267811

Bad relationships = plural = more potential suspects.

JM2cts.

Unsure how LE knew Jessica was at the gas station. Did owner/clerk alert LE?

From what i understand, he did not contact LE. A reporter was the one to find out about the video footage at the gas station and got it and reported on it, which is how LE found out about it.

<modsnip>

Perhaps odd to say but if i were the police, I would be checking the inventory of the store that is sold frequently. Store like that which sell lots of odd items like copper dish scrubbers are a sure sign of drug activity going on. Those copper scrubbers are used as a screen or filter is glass pipes for smoking certain drugs. ( I used to wonder why a local store (in New Orleans) sold so man of those along with these stupid cheap tiny roses that are sold in a glass tube for $1. They are glass pipes! The tiny rose is just a ruse to make them look like a stupid novelty item.

Just a thought, but that book might have been a motive. If someone knew she planned to "tell all" maybe someone didn't want things to be told.

I was about to post something along those lines. I wonder how many knew of her desire to write a book. If, for the sake of example, she was aware of some local illegal activities, a book might be seen as a threat to those involved. This crime is so horrific that I think it was meant to "make a statement" and also serve as a warning. All speculation on my part and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member