MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wncn.com/story/27679470/...rs-raise-money-for-justiceforjessica-memorial

A group of supporters raised money online to put toward the flowers.

The poinsettias sit where yellow crime scene tape and charred tree bark that scarred the landscape once was. Though police previously asked that people not place memorials at the site to avoid possible road hazards, the individuals say they received permission from authorities.

...Still giggling about "road hazard"....very little traffic, and possibly private property. (I do not know if the gate is the private property line.) JMO

rsbm

With respect, all 'forensic evidence' is circumstantial evidence. Nothing wrong with circumstantial evidence -- that's all there is without witness testimony regarding the event of the crime.

So, without a confession, EVERY case is circumstantial? DNA ? JMO

Direct evidence is usually something like eyewitness testimony. Evidence that a jury doesn't have to infer to come to a conclusion. JMO.

This part was bothersome to me "While investigators in the Chambers case may claim to be baffled by the lack of information from “the street,” Howell pointed out that a September shooting that killed two people and injured two others at a party in Panola apparently was witnessed by dozens of people. Yet none have come forward with sufficient information for authorities to file charges."

September 2014 party? I will see what I can find on that. I wonder if it lines up with the dates JC went into the battered women's home.

Seems to be a difference of opinion as to the real issues of the area IMO.

Without a confession or a witness to the crime who says that s/he saw X commit the crime, yes.

Circumstantial evidence includes DNA, fingerprints, cell-phone records, blood-spatter, whatever; anything other than a confession or a statement of a witness who saw the crime being committed.

Direct evidence is usually something like eyewitness testimony. Evidence that a jury doesn't have to infer to come to a conclusion. JMO.

OUCH OK. My personal opinion is that eyewitness testimony is not nearly as reliable as scientific testing. But I believe your definition is correct. JMO

OUCH OK. My personal opinion is that eyewitness testimony is not nearly as reliable as scientific testing. But I believe your definition is correct. JMO

I agree. That's why I like circumstantial evidence over direct evidence.

LOL No kidding! JMO ADD Were you or will you be able to access the court docket for December? JMO

Court filings and hearing dates are public information. Family court case information is provided by the Panola County Chancery Court Clerk. Criminal felony case information is provided by the Circuit Court Clerk, 17th District. Criminal misdemeanor information is provided by the Justice Court Clerk.

I don't think this link has been posted yet - I think it is an MSM site. If I am wrong, I'll delete it (I will alert the admin. to find out). It has a few new tidbits of information, and is a good summary. http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...-unnerves-residents-exposes-tensions_83023198
Great article, but it doesn't give me much hope that this crime will be solved any time soon when I read that 2 people were shot and killed and others injured at a party in Panola a few months ago and there were a dozen witnesses - yet nobody is talking and no arrests have been made. SMH.

Odd BC would want solitary confinement and not death penalty. I'd want the person who did what was done to JC to fry for it.

Solitary confinement is said to be worse than death. I saw an interview of the reporter captured in Iran along with that guy from The Daily Show who made a movie (drawing total blanks on specific names right now.) It makes you insane. Not sure if they mean only while you're in there or forever.

Still, you're right. That is an odd thing for him to wish for.

JMO

Gg
Without a confession or a witness to the crime who says that s/he saw X commit the crime, yes.

Circumstantial evidence includes DNA, fingerprints, cell-phone records, blood-spatter, whatever; anything other than a confession or a statement of a witness who saw the crime being committed.

Thanks for that,Montjoy. I always assumed DNA, fingerprints and blood spatter is direct evidence. I always learn from my fellow sleuthers here.

JMO. I am not a Christian, however, I have heard time and again that "life" is from conception to natural death" from self-identifying Christians. How does the death penalty figure into this theology? JMO

...Still giggling about "road hazard"....very little traffic, and possibly private property. (I do not know if the gate is the private property line.) JMO

It sounds silly, but it can be a problem. There's a shrine in a similar location up here where several accidents have occurred from people slowing down to see the shrine from the road. And one person leaving flowers was struck by a delivery truck as they got out of their car.

Quote Originally Posted by machiado View Post
I don't think this link has been posted yet - I think it is an MSM site. If I am wrong, I'll delete it (I will alert the admin. to find out). It has a few new tidbits of information, and is a good summary. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...sions_83023198

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Commercial_Appeal
The Commercial Appeal (also known as the Memphis Commercial Appeal) is the predominant daily newspaper of Memphis, Tennessee, and its surrounding ...
Circulation: 94,775 Daily; 133,788 Sund... Owner(s): E. W. Scripps Company
Publisher: George Cogswell Editor: Louis Graham

This part was bothersome to me "While investigators in the Chambers case may claim to be baffled by the lack of information from “the street,” Howell pointed out that a September shooting that killed two people and injured two others at a party in Panola apparently was witnessed by dozens of people. Yet none have come forward with sufficient information for authorities to file charges."

http://wreg.com/2014/09/22/sheriff-confirms-panola-gang-disturbance/

It comes as Panola County has struggled to gain the upper hand against gangs after a series of deadly incidents over the last few years.

”It’s obviously gang-related, you know. We’ve been going on three years working on gang relationships,” said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby, who believes it’s a sign that gangs, which used to come from out of town, have begun to take root locally.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Same sheriff...read his last words in the article...pfft. Bet there have been no arrests in this. Curtis is a hop down the road from Batesville infact you can get there taking back roads the whole way.

Group of online supporters raise money for #JusticeForJessica memorial

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...rs-raise-money-for-justiceforjessica-memorial

What a lovely thing they did. From the link you provided was a secondary link:http://citylinktv.com/channel/wells-funeral-home/
At the 1:00 mark, her pastor speaks of Jessica and her desire to better herself. So often we only hear about the sensational aspects of a case or sound bites. The tribute is moving.

JMO. I am not a Christian, however, I have heard time and again that "life" is from conception to natural death" from self-identifying Christians. How does the death penalty figure into this theology? JMO

Your confusion may come from trying to equate two situations, one of which would involve a criminal who commits a crime which merits some form of punishment. A judicial system is set up in the Bible (OT) along with courts, judges and so forth. Crimes and proper punishments are discussed. JMO MOO

I think the focus on gangs, race, and terrorist activities is irrelevant. I think this case is about a domestic situation that is usually kept under wraps until someone is caught or talks (e.g., an affair).

Considering the great high school football/cheerleading tradition of South Panola High School (e.g., the University of South Panola), the alleged gang activity surrounding the area (which, IMO, is under LE control), what is a common thread? Where is a place that anyone of any gender or race, attracting old and young people alike could permanently share their memories?

The last time I checked, gang members, football players, cheerleaders, and those who commit violent crimes et al. get ink. The ink provider is not directly involved with the gangs or football players, but is conveniently around when someone wants to change to their life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme