MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never remember anyone saying she was planning to meet up with 2 people that night. anyone has MSM link?

I don't remember seeing that, either but young people that age are constantly texting each other about hanging out together. I think by now they are very close to a complete analysis of Jessica's cell phone records and know with whom she was speaking and where she was when those conversations were taking place.

Does anyone else find the DA extremely cocky, especially when he is questioned about the tow truck driver stopping at the gas station? He also didn't make sense regarding the different date on the video. In one breath he says they went back out to the gas station to view it when the newstation brought the discrepancy to their attention, but in the other breath he says they already had the hard drive. If you have the entire hard drive, why would you need to go back to view it at the gas station?

Remember, DA's are politicians. You can tell his office is playing to the cameras by the emphasis very early on that his office placed on gang activity in the area. The residents have probably been complaining about it for years. Gang activity is in every city, town and village in the United States but you don't pin a crime on a gang member just to clear a case. It's his job to support law enforcement as they try to solve this case and gain justice for Jessica. DA's don't solve cases, the guys & gals working overtime and combing the weeds, do.

What stood out to me after viewing the video of the DA is that he said that AA is truly the only person they have cleared. After asked about the man with the gas can, he would not definitively say that he had been cleared. He stated that they had several POIs based on the interviews they gave and were doing some fact checking and cross checking of the interviews.

The other thing he said that stood out is that they do know where Jessica went after she left the gas station but that there is still some unaccounted for time.

I really hope that the results they are expecting back this week shed some light so they can make an arrest soon.

Ditto. The only problem I have with it is that there are to many "players" who claim to have seen her. Both parents, the Sheriff, the Fire Chief. They don't seem like a cast of characters that could keep a secret like that - but who knows. As far as someone asking if FBI fakes people's death to enter them in to the witness protection program - - - I would not know, I think they are deceased.

On another note. Years ago, I had a good friend on the PD that helped me get out of an abusive relationship. One of the things that he told me was that if he could connect my ex to the biker gang in town, he could get the FBI to come in. He specifically said that the FBI won't come in to drug/death cases unless they can somehow be connected to gang activity, cartel, or conspiracies....and once the FBI comes in, they can get wire taps.

I don't know if they can fake someone's death as a way to protect a witness but I guess that'd be an option. Why not?

As far as the family goes, I agree with you that her family doesn't seem like the typical group that'd be chosen to lie over their child/sibling's death.

But again, I've seen so many fake deaths/fake people related to the WTC that I now think anything is possible. But the goal isn't the same in Jessica's case, so this theory may be too far stretched.

The thing you said about how the FBI can come into cases when they're related to gang activity is interesting. And I'm glad to hear that you successfully got out of the abusive relationship. It must have been hard for you.

I don't know if they can fake someone's death as a way to protect a witness but I guess that'd be an option. Why not?

As far as the family goes, I agree with you that her family doesn't seem like the typical group that'd be chosen to lie over their child/sibling's death.

But again, I've seen so many fake deaths/fake people related to the WTC that I now think anything is possible. But the goal isn't the same in Jessica's case, so this theory may be too far stretched.

The thing you said about how the FBI can come into cases when they're related to gang activity is interesting. And I'm glad to hear that you successfully got out of the abusive relationship. It must have been hard for you.

I don't believe this is some kind of conspiracy to hide an alive Jessica. Her family is unable to hide their gut-wrenching pain and emotional suffering. I can't fathom how they endured the holidays.

No way this was some faked death.....no way. IMVHOO

This DA seems more concerned with telling us over and over that no one is talking. Last time i checked cases were solved by cold hard facts, not lying criminals.

This is a town infiltrated by gangs. You have prisoners allowed out for weekend leaves running around town, pictures coming from inside the jail showing their gang allegiance, local store owners with their numerous gang hand gestures. I'm beginning to wonder who is really running this town.

This DA seems more concerned with telling us over and over that no one is talking. Last time i checked cases were solved by cold hard facts, not lying criminals.

This is a town infiltrated by gangs. You have prisoners allowed out for weekend leaves running around town, pictures coming from inside the jail showing their gang allegiance, local store owners with their numerous gang hand gestures. I'm beginning to wonder who is really running this town.

I am concerned about Champion's statement because I believe those responsible talked until a couple of days ago.

Courtland is not run by gangs. The culture is based around support for the "USP" football team and cheerleading squad.

Lying criminals are a good way to make a case for a DA. Their testimony is not credible and the jury will believe LE. Lying criminals also grant the judge broader discretion to admit evidence that otherwise may be questionably admissible.

"Prisoners" allowed for release in Mississippi are sentenced under alternative forms of custody (e.g., work release, residential program) for non-violent crimes. Alternative forms of custody allow for time away from custody for a fee. Committing any criminal offense (including minor traffic infractions) will cause the inmate to be returned to custody immediately definitely with a probation violation charge (which only carries preponderance of the evidence evidentiary standard) and possibly an escape from custody charge, a felony.

Those who work at gas station convenience stores are wise to communicate to the public that they own a gun, are willing to use a gun, and are friends with local customers.

The hand gestures from Courtland are peace signs and a large majority of those persons are not gang members. True gang members do not like their images disseminated throughout town.

JMO

Whew, this case is mind-blowing with all the twists and turns and changes. I am starting to understand the rules so much more in depth and thank the mods more just because there are so many rumors feeding into this case and being brought back here and add that to poor/inaccurate reporting and a small town who probably didn't follow strict rules and media frenzy and this is absolutely insane. It is getting harder and harder to follow. I continue to see the same things being hashed out over and over and some people seem to be grasping for straws way out in left field. It isn't odd that we don't all agree but I sure am thankful for the new updates with Champion. At least, he gave us something and I absolutely don't think they are clueless. I think they are smart and not making public the true depth of the investigation because it will hurt the case. That's smart investigating. I would love to see more info but we won't likely know any of it until trial but at least we will hopefully see some POIs soon, I'm betting as soon as that DNA comes back.

I personally feel we should wipe a clean slate and start over without rumors. I in no way see 100+ people interviewed but if you look back on the 7th/8th there were several players/familiar names brought in for questioning. To me, that would be the biggest tips I believe in this situation because it was immediately after this happened, while they had her phone, before the rumor mill, and before the media frenzy and most info got quiet or changed. I do still feel the 911 caller to be suspicious even though it was initially stated they were cleared, however, Champion now says only one officially cleared is Ali. The reason I feel the 911 caller is suspicious is because of the apparent timing of the fire and it was called in as a vehicle fire from a mile away. I personally don't think you would be able to discern what type of fire it was that far away. My other thoughts past gang, boyfriend and/or ex-boyfriend, or jealous female would be someone whom had trouble with having a relationship that might have lusted for Jessica for a long time and perhaps sexually assaulted her, then burned to cover it all up. She was a very beautiful young lady and I am sure there would be several in her circle of friends that might fit this scenario, throw in a little sex-enhancing type drugs like meth, and that makes for a toxic combination. I have 3 girls around JC's age and I can give you many creepy friends of theirs I would be highly suspicious of if anything were to happen to them/ I used to think a female was involved but now I am not so sure. Drugs are turning people into heartless thugs. I also think the placement is quite suspicious since it was very close to the location of friends she knew perhaps someone trying to blame it on them?

Has he been interviewed and/or cleared yet? Sounds like a gangbanger to me.

I don't think he's in the Mr Mr clan. He's from a much older Clan. Maybe Scotland Yard has been in touch with him.
Anyway, thoughts out to Jessica and Justice. I have read that she had a good sense of humor.

Long time lurker, first time poster here just throwing my two cents in.

In regards to fishing at night in December, I don't think it's strange at all. I and a lot of people I know used to do it all the time, either because someone actually wanted to eat some fish, or because we had nothing better to do besides go drink out at the lake. Maybe this girl wanted to have a fish fry, maybe there was nothing else to do, who knows, but I don't think she's involved. I took her saying she can't believe she didn't see anything, simply to mean that she passed through there around the same time, or probably a little before Jessica. I haven't looked at maps, because to me, unless you're from an area, you don't really know what roads people usually take or why. One article even said she lives close to the scene, so it wouldn't be odd that she'd go down that road for whatever reason.

I take the "4:20" comment by another poster to be referencing pot, nothing more.

I don't believe any of these wild theories I've seen are what happened at all. I don't think she is actually in the witness protection program, I don't think her dad refused to smuggle drugs or some such, I don't think it was one gang trying to send a message to the other, and I don't think Muslim terrorists or whatever has been thrown about elsewhere had anything to do with this.

I also don't think their "gangs" are as big of a deal as some people think. I think they are small timers that may be big fish in their small pond, but if they went to say, Memphis or Chicago, they'd be low men on the totem pole. That is, if they were even allowed near the pole at all. I highly doubt anyone is actually getting gunned down in the streets there simply because they're reppin' the wrong set. While the people causing trouble may be in their own little cliques, the rifts between them aren't solely due to that, and people from both sides seem to mingle with each other. This is all just my opinion, and I could very well be wrong.

If the people that did this to Jessica are in some little gang, I don't think it's the motive. Right now, I'm leaning towards it being some kind of jealousy involving another woman. Maybe Jessica and her man were intimate at some point, maybe he just made it out as if they were, or maybe she just thought Jessica wanted him. I think she was set up to be confronted, and I also think her longtime across the street neighbor knows who was involved. I think quite a few people know, but just aren't saying.

Judging solely by his reaction during his interview, I think Mr. Mr was probably her dealer at some point. I don't think she and DRT were actually friends. Friendly with one another, maybe, but not really friends. For some reason, I don't think DRT was directly involved, but I don't know about Mr. I do think both of them know, or have a very good idea of who did it.

Obviously, I don't really have a clue, this is all just my opinion. (Also, I'm not sure if I can even post things referencing those two, sorry if that's not allowed.)

I don't think he's in the Mr Mr clan. He's from a much older Clan. Maybe Scotland Yard has been in touch with him.
Anyway, thoughts out to Jessica and Justice. I have read that she had a good sense of humor.

Her family, friends, coworkers and even others, pretty much all make her sound well liked, dear, and fun. It's haunting to rewatch the videos back to back like that. DA Champions interview and Clark's questions were neat to watch and to listen to, as the exchange was a spontaneous balance of how information sharing on the case works. It seems like a big help they both took the time to do that.

Long time lurker, first time poster here just throwing my two cents in.

In regards to fishing at night in December, I don't think it's strange at all. I and a lot of people I know used to do it all the time, either because someone actually wanted to eat some fish, or because we had nothing better to do besides go drink out at the lake. Maybe this girl wanted to have a fish fry, maybe there was nothing else to do, who knows, but I don't think she's involved. I took her saying she can't believe she didn't see anything, simply to mean that she passed through there around the same time, or probably a little before Jessica. I haven't looked at maps, because to me, unless you're from an area, you don't really know what roads people usually take or why. One article even said she lives close to the scene, so it wouldn't be odd that she'd go down that road for whatever reason.

I take the "4:20" comment by another poster to be referencing pot, nothing more.

I don't believe any of these wild theories I've seen are what happened at all. I don't think she is actually in the witness protection program, I don't think her dad refused to smuggle drugs or some such, I don't think it was one gang trying to send a message to the other, and I don't think Muslim terrorists or whatever has been thrown about elsewhere had anything to do with this.

I also don't think their "gangs" are as big of a deal as some people think. I think they are small timers that may be big fish in their small pond, but if they went to say, Memphis or Chicago, they'd be low men on the totem pole. That is, if they were even allowed near the pole at all. I highly doubt anyone is actually getting gunned down in the streets there simply because they're reppin' the wrong set. While the people causing trouble may be in their own little cliques, the rifts between them aren't solely due to that, and people from both sides seem to mingle with each other. This is all just my opinion, and I could very well be wrong.

If the people that did this to Jessica are in some little gang, I don't think it's the motive. Right now, I'm leaning towards it being some kind of jealousy involving another woman. Maybe Jessica and her man were intimate at some point, maybe he just made it out as if they were, or maybe she just thought Jessica wanted him. I think she was set up to be confronted, and I also think her longtime across the street neighbor knows who was involved. I think quite a few people know, but just aren't saying.

Judging solely by his reaction during his interview, I think Mr. Mr was probably her dealer at some point. I don't think she and DRT were actually friends. Friendly with one another, maybe, but not really friends. For some reason, I don't think DRT was directly involved, but I don't know about Mr. I do think both of them know, or have a very good idea of who did it.

Obviously, I don't really have a clue, this is all just my opinion. (Also, I'm not sure if I can even post things referencing those two, sorry if that's not allowed.)

Welcome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They make a lot of sense. I wish we knew more what leads LE is chasing down, but short of that, your hunch and others' that it involves a jealousy situation would mean two people besides Jessica, of course the victim in this, would have had to have been involved, two selfish, and at least one murderous freak among them. I tend to agree with you on your views re the gang angle, and other points, and would like you to know your pitching in is appreciated. Clueless company loves the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025