MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still very :fence: about gas can man and whether/how he factors into this case. I mean he was, after all, engaging in the purchase of gas. At a gas station. So, yeah, there is that. But so many have given statements about their activities that night and the reasons for their being interviewed after the fact, in this horrible death involving fire. :confused: Hoping LE is far less so than I.

We are forgetting something. This crime occurred in MS and they will investigate it as they see fit. Not all regions of the country do everything the same way. They've been handling their investigations without our help:jail:and they will manage this one too.
But , but, this is a crime forum and we discuss and discuss and re-discuss crimes. We yap about all angles...that's what we do. :)
imoo

"If a prosecutor or defendant objects to a piece of evidence, the objecting party must come forward with evidence showing that the disputed evidence should be excluded from trial. Then the trial judge decides to admit or exclude it based on a preponderance of the evidence presented." http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Reasonable+Doubt. The store stop wouldn't change the evidence, it would prevent it from being admitted in court in the first place. I do not know FFJ personally, and I am not speaking on his behalf, it is just MOO that this is what he is getting at.

Thank you for elaborating perfectly this point. I wasn't prepared to explain what reasonable doubt is, it's too self explanatory to me. If this case ever goes to trial, I'm certain we're going to hear the words inadmissible all too frequently. Maybe the prosecutor already understands and is preparing for that. Compiling evidence that followed a clear and concise chain of custody, rather than the primary evidence which took the smokes and a cold drink route. If I were the DA, I'd damned sure be using a new wrecker.

Originally Posted by MSCJgrad .... The gas can man said he was buying gas for the generator for his trailer, as that's the way they generate electricity for their trailer.... lost power in our home for 4 days, 3 nights. We spent hundreds of dollars on gas...
why a person would use this as an everyday method to generate electricity in their home. It would be so expensive
! sbm bbm

....living in rural areas. They heat with wood stoves because propane is so expensive, have limited or no refrigeration and rely on kerosene lanterns.
sbm bbm

Is it poss that Gas Can Man filled can w reg gasoline from station to power generator to power electric system at home/trailer?
-but generator did not power home heating system (which is, imo, the biggest portion of elec bill in winter)?
Perhaps as MyBelle notes, his home was heated by wood stove or wood pellet stove.

Sorry if this h/bn covered already (trying to catch up from last night). JM2cts.

BBM

How do you know this for sure?

I often go outside at various times of the day, night, and morning (in freezing cold temps or pouring rain) to walk my dogs or just look at the stars.

People who are minding their own business at home and hear or see something such as screams or flames usually do report it, imo.

The problem I have with this theory is...

No offence but I am also having trouble with the theory after thinking about it. The car seems to have run off the road at a particular spot rather then a random location.

OJ was appropriately found not guilty. Jason killed Nicole and Ron.

Even though a lot of times I don't agree with the juries decision, I try to accept it and move forward, shaking my head, I've lost a lot of faith over the years. I thought I followed the OJ case pretty well, but who in the world is Jason? I will have to look this up.

Originally Posted by MSCJgrad .... The gas can man said he was buying gas for the generator for his trailer, as that's the way they generate electricity for their trailer.... lost power in our home for 4 days, 3 nights. We spent hundreds of dollars on gas...
why a person would use this as an everyday method to generate electricity in their home. It would be so expensive
! sbm bbm

sbm bbm

Is it poss that Gas Can Man filled can w reg gasoline from station to power generator to power electric system at home/trailer?
-but generator did not power home heating system (which is, imo, the biggest portion of elec bill in winter)?
Perhaps as MyBelle notes, his home was heated by wood stove or wood pellet stove.

Sorry if this h/bn covered already (trying to catch up from last night). JM2cts.

My house was built in the 80's and when my husband's grandfather did all the utilities he made our house completely heated by gas. The bills the first year were RIDICULOUS, it was 4-500/month to heat our home (and nobody is home during the day, so it only operated at night)--the gas was used ONLY to heat---nothing else. We had to eat the cost of retrofitting the house with electric heat (cost $1300 to switch over)---that was in 2008. Gas is cheaper now.

Of course our house isn't a small trailer; it's a 2000 square foot house.

Maybe they have their electricity turned off from inability to pay and they only use the generator as needed to bathe and cook and stuff and then turn it off?? Perhaps between the two: gassing up the generator or paying the electric company; the generator fuel is cheaper (or at least manageable in small increments).

The problem I have with this theory is that
a) they can't guarantee she will light a cigarette in the vehicle (even if she did it a hundred times before, if you want someone dead===why would you take the chance it wouldn't go through)
b) they can't guarantee she will light a cigarette somewhere where she could get immediate assistance (what if she lit it at the gas station, or in her driveway)
c) they can't guarantee that she will be the one killed (what if someone else drove the vehicle and lit the cigarette)
d) they can't guarantee that she would be the only one killed (what if others were in the vehicle whenever she decided to light a cigarette).
e) The seats would've felt wet to Jessica if they doused the car in lighter fluid.

Too many variables with this scenario. I would think they would want to actually see her die, not take the chances on it not happening at all or happening in a way where she would have immediate assistance.

Of course there was no guarantee. They'd just try again if it failed. This was premeditated by a predator, imo.

Of course there was no guarantee. They'd just try again if it failed. This was premeditated by a predator, imo.

Maybe it's just my personality; but I just can't see how anybody would plan on killing someone by pouring lighter fluid all of the car and banking on her lighting a cigarette---too many possible outcomes= too much left to chance (that's not ideal in murderous situations, I would imagine). If the cigarette lighting was what was to be gambled on, then the plan could've gone wrong in so many different ways, as I enumerated. I find it hard to believe that the shear vitriol it required to kill a person in this matter that they would gamble with the outcome.

The one obvious problem: her seats would've been wet! She would not have drove with wet seats and not wondered: hey why are all my seats wet??

Originally Posted by AdamJacobAaronsMama "The problem I have with this theory is that
a) they can't guarantee
....Too many variables with this scenario. ...not take the chances on it not happening ...".
sbm bbm

Yes, MyBelle,
If plan depended on JC lighting a ciggie in the car, among other unknowns, he/she/they could always try again.
But depending on multiple, unpredictable factors sounds like a half-azzed idea, not much of a pre-med plan.

If it was premeditated in a serious way (not sure if plans for a burning death can be anything but serious),
wouldn't he/she/they want to get the job done, first time around?

JM2cts.

I am still very :fence: about gas can man and whether/how he factors into this case. I mean he was, after all, engaging in the purchase of gas. At a gas station. So, yeah, there is that. But so many have given statements about their activities that night and the reasons for their being interviewed after the fact, in this horrible death involving fire. :confused: Hoping LE is far less so than I.

I sure am not clear still about gas jug guy. According to LE, BB is actually the the guy at the counter getting gas? The girl in the pink and with white hood who follows him out and goes over in the same direction Jessica went, if that is really BB, then who is she and was she with them in the same car? Haven't heard anything about that. While she's off in the corner, gas jug guy gets gas, the red top lady with the glasses propped on her head appears by the bins against the store wall. Jessica comes back into view from where pink and white hood lady just went, stops and bends down, while pink deli lady greets the red top and propped glasses lady by the bins. Jessica is bent down putting out her cigarette, as the gas jug guy turns to leave and walks off toward the dim light of a car, in the same direction Jessica came from. When did gas jug guy/BB look up and see Jessica and recognize her, as she was bent down when he turned and walked out of view? While Jessica is at the register, the reflections of headlight can be seen on the pump by her hood which I took for a car pulling out from the corner, perhaps. So, yuh, I'm with you on the wall. One thought persists, if you're connected to drug activity or trusted by dealers, why would you have to go to a place like M&M's to score on a party night, a place in town teeming with cameras and eyes, if that is what the lady in the red top and glasses propped is doing with the deli lady, and not just perhaps buying a loosey of her brand?

Maybe it's just my personality; but I just can't see how anybody would plan on killing someone by pouring lighter fluid all of the car and banking on her lighting a cigarette---too many possible outcomes= too much left to chance (that's not ideal in murderous situations, I would imagine). If the cigarette lighting was what was to be gambled on, then the plan could've gone wrong in so many different ways, as I enumerated. I find it hard to believe that the shear vitriol it required to kill a person in this matter that they would gamble with the outcome.

The one obvious problem: her seats would've been wet! She would not have drove with wet seats and not wondered: hey why are all my seats wet??

Agreed, and one other problem I have with this theory is that accelerants have very strong odors. For a reason. How would she not have smelled an accelerant dousing portions of her vehicle and not smell it, strongly?

After reading today's posts I'm left with two questions.

1. Gas can guy would have to refill the generator quite regularly. Is there footage of him filling this container on a somewhat regular basis?

2. I'd like to see it posted in MSM about the fire chief getting the call directly. I would find it difficult to believe that while battling one fire he would have time to answer a cell phone call for another one. It may also help explain his odd body language in his video interview which showed him rocking the heck out of his chair which to me seemed to suggest he knew more about the case than was being indicated.

Agreed, and one other problem I have with this theory is that accelerants have very strong odors. For a reason. How would she not have smelled an accelerant dousing portions of her vehicle and not smell it, strongly?

I did a quick search for orderless fuel:About this item

<snip*>Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits is a premium, highly refined solvent formula which effectively thins and blends well into oil-based paint, stain and varnish. It is very low odor and dries with minimal residue. It can also be used to clean brushes and equipment immediately after use.
<snip*>Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits, 1qt:

• Excellent for thinning oil based paint, stain and varnish
  • Low odor
  • Good for indoor use
  • Premium, highly refined solvent formula
  • Dries with minimal residue
  • Clean brushes and equipment immediately after use
  • Not for sale in CA stores

Specifications

* snipped brand name of mineral spirt

Even though a lot of times I don't agree with the juries decision, I try to accept it and move forward, shaking my head, I've lost a lot of faith over the years. I thought I followed the OJ case pretty well, but who in the world is Jason? I will have to look this up.

Wasn't he OJ's older son, who was a chef? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member