MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that she was on her way to Leah's House that night, but agree that Jessica had been there previously. I feel like I've come across some credible reporting on this fact but can't recall where exactly... if anyone has a solid source, please share!

ITA. I don't know why she would be on Herron Rd. if she was on her way to Leah's house and her mother said she told her she was coming back home. I wouldn't describe Leah's as a battered women's shelter but her dad might.

Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

It's a figure of speech pretty common in the south. My parents liked to use it. If you 'learn your lesson' then you are not likely to repeat the mistake.

It's a figure of speech pretty common in the south. My parents liked to use it. If you 'learn your lesson' then you are not likely to repeat the mistake.

OK. But the implication from that is that she was there for behavior reform (which may have been suggested by the court), and not necessarily for the purpose of it being a "safe place" for a victim of abuse. That's all. Sort of a religious retreat. JMO

OK. But the implication from that is that she was there for behavior reform (which may have been suggested by the court), and not necessarily for the purpose of it being a "safe place" for a victim of abuse. That's all. Sort of a religious retreat. JMO

That's not the way I read his comment because the "lesson" she learned as she healed emotionally is that she was not to blame for being involved in an abusive relationship.

That's not the way I read his comment because the "lesson" she learned as she healed emotionally is that she was not to blame for being involved in an abusive relationship.

OK. We see it differently. JMO

I don't remember hearing anything about her having friends. Her mother said the only person she hung around with was Charlotte.

OK. We see it differently. JMO

I'm just not seeing it unless he was trying to send some kind of veiled message to the killer such as "she learned her lesson and wasn't going back to you no matter how hard you tried." I dunno....

I don't remember hearing anything about her having friends. Her mother said the only person she hung around with was Charlotte.

Iirc her sister mentioned JC having friends. :thinking:

Her family has said she went to Leah's as a result of abusive relationships. Maybe she landed a punch or two? One piece of this puzzle that I find unusual is that a former boyfriend is no longer in the area and lives far away in another state. This seems to be an anomaly.....

Repeated assault charges over a close span of time -- plus associations with known offenders -- would come to the attention of a magistrate court during pre-trial hearings. Moreover pre-trail interviews with social workers assigned to the case would present documented bio on family relationships, lifestyle, etcetera. Armed with that information, the court might seek to offer an offender an opportunity rather than incarceration.

Leah's House specializes in just that: rehabilitation v. incarceration.

My guess would be that Jessica's second offense provided the court with an opportunity to encourage Jessica to enter Leah's for the minimum 90-day period.

In answer to another post, this would mean that Jessica was free to return to society sometime after September 10, 2014.

With regard to the ex-boyfriend, ...perhaps his gang affiliation caused him to:

• get out of Mississippi ASAP
  • or go to Iowa to reek mayhem upon an unsuspecting community on behalf of his gang
  • or run home to mommy because he had no sense on how to be a responsible, mature individual.

from the aerial view on google, Herron Rd. has very few families living west of where Jessica's car was found. The entire county is rural.

Thanks! I remember PeterTF linked a google 'drive' that showed very few houses in the area.

I'm thinking aloud and grasping at straws :blushing:... trying to figure out who may have lured JC there... if she was even lured.

Is there now a question whether she went to Leah's at all? I guess I don't understand your question.

You said her family stated she was at Leah's. I have never read that. So, my question is, where can I find this link?

Repeated assault charges over a close span of time -- plus associations with known offenders -- would come to the attention of a magistrate court during pre-trial hearings. Moreover pre-trail interviews with social workers assigned to the case would present documented bio on family relationships, lifestyle, etcetera. Armed with that information, the court might seek to offer an offender an opportunity rather than incarceration.

Leah's House specializes in just that: rehabilitation v. incarceration.

My guess would be that Jessica's second offense provided the court with an opportunity to encourage Jessica to enter Leah's for the minimum 90-day period.

In answer to another post, this would mean that Jessica was free to return to society sometime after September 10, 2014.

With regard to the ex-boyfriend, ...perhaps his gang affiliation caused him to:

• get out of Mississippi ASAP
  • or go to Iowa to reek mayhem upon an unsuspecting community on behalf of his gang
  • or run home to mommy because he had no sense on how to be a responsible, mature individual.

Would a social worker be assigned to a simple assault case? That's not done here in adult court. Panola County is so small I think their court system might also be bare bones but it is sure possible she took the path to Leah's to avoid jail time. My BIL was given a similar choice back in the day but it was limited to Army or Navy. He came back a changed man.

WARNING: We do not sleuth or post personal information about individuals who are not suspects.

MSM links only, please. At this time, no blogs have been approved in this case.

:tyou:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...mbers-investigation-news-conference/20243859/

One piece of evidence that has born fruit is Chambers' cell phone, which was found at the scene in Courtland. Champion would not say what kind of condition the phone was in, only that it was a "usable piece of evidence. That does let us know who she was in contact with." Interviews with those people continue. "Everybody's been cooperative," Darby said. "Right now we're on rumor control."

older article worth reading. imoo

Thanks! That is the first time I've read that article. If the Sheriff continues with his them vs. us categorization of this crime, it won't be solved because he's only going to follow the leads that support his rather obvious bias.

JMO

exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members