MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that her father, in particular, objected to her relationships with black guys. The relationships may have been abusive, as well. But his saying she went there to learn her lesson about "bad" relationships, is twofold (or doubletalk) in my opinion. JMO

Perhaps he did object. There are bad relationships. He wouldn't be the first dad to object to a guy whether it be because of his race or because he was perceived to be a bad influence or just because....fill in the blank.

Could someone with knowledge grab a post and put it here, it's in Thread #2, post #162. It's a good read. jmo

OP by LunaDreams

Hi all - new here posting (lurked) and love the community and respect on WS. I’ve always checked in while following certain crimes. I just wanted to list a few ideas and questions, I have to go to work so I can’t site at the moment, but I will later if I can :) This case is heartbreaking, I feel for the family. Here is my timeline with questions, please feel free to correct anything I’ve misunderstood! 1.The party. I have only heard that the party was the night before, which could be why she slept all day Sat. So it doesn't seem likely she was picking someone up from that party/getting cigarettes for someone there/stopping by. Maybe someone she met the night before, but if I’ve read correctly IF there was a party it would have been on Friday night, not Saturday. IMO 2.The quote I read from the doctor to the father about the lighter fluid was phrased “The burns inside were so bad it was AS IF she had lighter fluid squirted in her mouth and throat. I assume they jumped to lighter fluid not gas because it would more likely be in a squirt bottle? 3.I’m a young blonde girl and random strangers approach me all the time, the wave she give is similar to one I would give to someone I barely knew it at all. She seems friendly enough to wave a at stranger from what I’ve read. On this note I am super friendly and always talk with my local gas station attendants. I get coffee, beer food and gas there - see them all the time. They would tease me if I got cat food or something random, so it’s not odd to me if they are friendly/ask questions. 4.As far as the fire - do we know if it seems that the fire was set outside the vehicle and caught into the inside, not set from the insides and got out? Gash on the head. Is this a confirmed yet? 5.Phone and Battery separated - was the sim card with the phone and how far away from the car were these items found? I wonder about if airbags were deployed? Or even if you could tell. It would indicate a crash. 6.They Keys are in ignition, car in park and emergency brake pulled. I used to do ebrake slides as a kid all the time for fun, but if the attacker was in the car he can pull it the veer her off the road if things were not going his way. This would maybe point that she gave a ride to someone after cleaning her car. 7.With all the rumors - she might have only said her own name to identify herself to the first responders, maybe with some other info, but we do not yet know (as I’m typing this to my knowledge) if she actually gave the attackers name. This information is too far removed to know for a fact. Or could be throwing suspect off their track. IMO So she is up Sat AM, Sleeps the day, Leaves home to get gas and food, pays for gas, pumps, says hi to someone, buys something else in the store (I have heard drink and ciggs - but never food) gets a call and leaves heading south. Does she ever get food? Could she put in extra gas because she was picking someone up to go eat, she pays gas and them food? Since she was found out of the car, and taking in consideration the phone and battery separation rumor, and the recline of the seats, my unfortunate theory is that somehow the attacker got into her car - no theory as to where/how yet - but it seems a rape or sexual assault was at least attempted. Maybe she veered off while he tried attacking her in the car. She escapes the car and he knocks her out in some fashion. The keys are in the ignition and the car is in park, and the emergency brake is pulled, or that’s my understanding. Panicked, he must just toss the phone and battery (either before the assault or right after the knockout probably?).....if he threw a flammable liquid on her and she was on the ground, it would go up her nose and mouth. My guess is that the fire was started outside of the car and it became engulfed. The one thing I wanted to bring up references the Skylar Neese case - I don’t know if it was discussed here as I was using a different site for that case. Since the two teenage girls who were suspected had little physical evidence on them, they roamed free for almost a year trying to get all possible evidence on them until one of the broke down and confessed. She ended up confessing largely due to what the community knew and harassing her. It was a small town too, but larger than in this case. If they perhaps think the attacker has something to do with a female which could make sense, maybe they are allowing them to try and slip up. Lastly, I was chased in a car by some girls who wanted to fight me at 17, so when they finally cornered me I hit their car to get away. If there was damage to her vehicle that happened to not be caused by the fire, we could speculate she was chased down and run off the road. When it happened to me there were dents on the cars but no debris. Just some ideas. Happy to join you all, but wish it wasn’t because of another innocent life lost. Just my Opinion on everything - I only hope for closure and justice! JMO JMO JMO :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11302181

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP by LunaDreams

Hi all - new here posting (lurked) and love the community and respect on WS. I’ve always checked in while following certain crimes. I just wanted to list a few ideas and questions, I have to go to work so I can’t site at the moment, but I will later if I can :) This case is heartbreaking, I feel for the family. Here is my timeline with questions, please feel free to correct anything I’ve misunderstood! 1.The party. I have only heard that the party was the night before, which could be why she slept all day Sat. So it doesn't seem likely she was picking someone up from that party/getting cigarettes for someone there/stopping by. Maybe someone she met the night before, but if I’ve read correctly IF there was a party it would have been on Friday night, not Saturday. IMO 2.The quote I read from the doctor to the father about the lighter fluid was phrased “The burns inside were so bad it was AS IF she had lighter fluid squirted in her mouth and throat. I assume they jumped to lighter fluid not gas because it would more likely be in a squirt bottle? 3.I’m a young blonde girl and random strangers approach me all the time, the wave she give is similar to one I would give to someone I barely knew it at all. She seems friendly enough to wave a at stranger from what I’ve read. On this note I am super friendly and always talk with my local gas station attendants. I get coffee, beer food and gas there - see them all the time. They would tease me if I got cat food or something random, so it’s not odd to me if they are friendly/ask questions. 4.As far as the fire - do we know if it seems that the fire was set outside the vehicle and caught into the inside, not set from the insides and got out? Gash on the head. Is this a confirmed yet? 5.Phone and Battery separated - was the sim card with the phone and how far away from the car were these items found? I wonder about if airbags were deployed? Or even if you could tell. It would indicate a crash. 6.They Keys are in ignition, car in park and emergency brake pulled. I used to do ebrake slides as a kid all the time for fun, but if the attacker was in the car he can pull it the veer her off the road if things were not going his way. This would maybe point that she gave a ride to someone after cleaning her car. 7.With all the rumors - she might have only said her own name to identify herself to the first responders, maybe with some other info, but we do not yet know (as I’m typing this to my knowledge) if she actually gave the attackers name. This information is too far removed to know for a fact. Or could be throwing suspect off their track. IMO So she is up Sat AM, Sleeps the day, Leaves home to get gas and food, pays for gas, pumps, says hi to someone, buys something else in the store (I have heard drink and ciggs - but never food) gets a call and leaves heading south. Does she ever get food? Could she put in extra gas because she was picking someone up to go eat, she pays gas and them food? Since she was found out of the car, and taking in consideration the phone and battery separation rumor, and the recline of the seats, my unfortunate theory is that somehow the attacker got into her car - no theory as to where/how yet - but it seems a rape or sexual assault was at least attempted. Maybe she veered off while he tried attacking her in the car. She escapes the car and he knocks her out in some fashion. The keys are in the ignition and the car is in park, and the emergency brake is pulled, or that’s my understanding. Panicked, he must just toss the phone and battery (either before the assault or right after the knockout probably?).....if he threw a flammable liquid on her and she was on the ground, it would go up her nose and mouth. My guess is that the fire was started outside of the car and it became engulfed. The one thing I wanted to bring up references the Skylar Neese case - I don’t know if it was discussed here as I was using a different site for that case. Since the two teenage girls who were suspected had little physical evidence on them, they roamed free for almost a year trying to get all possible evidence on them until one of the broke down and confessed. She ended up confessing largely due to what the community knew and harassing her. It was a small town too, but larger than in this case. If they perhaps think the attacker has something to do with a female which could make sense, maybe they are allowing them to try and slip up. Lastly, I was chased in a car by some girls who wanted to fight me at 17, so when they finally cornered me I hit their car to get away. If there was damage to her vehicle that happened to not be caused by the fire, we could speculate she was chased down and run off the road. When it happened to me there were dents on the cars but no debris. Just some ideas. Happy to join you all, but wish it wasn’t because of another innocent life lost. Just my Opinion on everything - I only hope for closure and justice! JMO JMO JMO :)

HTH

bbm Just found these interesting.

Perhaps he did object. There are bad relationships. He wouldn't be the first dad to object to a guy whether it be because of his race or because he was perceived to be a bad influence or just because....fill in the blank.
YUP But his statement sounded like victim blaming to me. JMO

OP by LunaDreams

HTH

I just wanted to say regarding the party:

Auntie Sha Sha said that Jessica went to a party, then "they" left (she then corrected herself to say "she left") and "that's when it happened to her."

So according to Sha Sha, Jessica was at a party immediately preceding the attack.

It would be helpful to know who were the assault charges Jennifer filed against, and y the same token, who filed same against her.

Do you have a link for her filing charges against someone? A MSM link? I wasn't aware of this.

I just wanted to say regarding the party:

Auntie Sha Sha said that Jessica went to a party, then "they" left (she then corrected herself to say "she left") and "that's when it happened to her."

So according to Sha Sha, Jessica was at a party immediately preceding the attack.

Imo, that could be important.
If Sha Sha saw JC leave the party, did SS tell LE who 'they' was?
Or did JC leave alone?

Her family has said she went to Leah's as a result of abusive relationships. Maybe she landed a punch or two? One piece of this puzzle that I find unusual is that a former boyfriend is no longer in the area and lives far away in another state. This seems to be an anomaly.....

I have never heard the family say it was Leah's. Do you have a link confirming the family saying it was Leah's?

The only other thing I've thought of (but was hesitant to post as I don't want to appear disparaging to JC) is perhaps she was "partying" in her car with 1 or more & she appeared to OD???
Maybe the perp(s) freaked & wanted all evidence destroyed?
And then when they realized they were wrong (JC came out of it) they called 911 or the fire chief.

RIP JC

Moo

I'm fairly certain that the autopsy report would include toxicology results + a determination of what substances, if any, Jessica had in her system at the she died.

I don't think it should be taken as any attack on her character at all; but I think from an investigative standpoint, it's crucial that they have this information. Whether or not the public is made aware of it is secondary at best. Whether a positive result points in the direction of specific people that may have been with her that evening is the point.

Otherwise: there is an answer to this question and it is knowable by authorities, if that makes sense. :-)

I have never heard the family say it was Leah's. Do you have a link confirming the family saying it was Leah's?

Is there now a question whether she went to Leah's at all? I guess I don't understand your question.

Her dad said she was at a battered woman's shelter. Leah's house isn't one of those. Their mission statement says...

"Our ministry helps women ages 18 and over who have been incarcerated, deal with addictions, behavioral problems, self-harm, depression, and others. It is our goal to provide a comprehensive, Biblical..."

http://www.leahsrestorationhouse.org/

ETA they also have pics of the house and an address. DV shelters never put that info out there for safety reason. jmo

I believe that Ben Chambers' statement about abusive relationships being the cause of Jessica's time at Leah's House shows nothing more than his lack of knowledge about his estranged daughter, as well as what type of rehabilitation Leah's provided.

I equate what Ben Chambers says with a grain of salt.

Imo, that could be important.
If Sha Sha saw JC leave the party, did SS tell LE who 'they' was?
Or did JC leave alone?

I don't know. All I know is that she flubbed during her media interview: first she said that "then they left" and corrected herself to "she left." She caught herself spilling to many beans. She may've spilled too many beans by mentioning "party" as it is.

I believe that Ben Chambers' statement about abusive relationships being the cause of Jessica's time a Leah's House shows nothing more than his lack of knowledge about his estranged daughter, as well as what type of rehabilitation Leah's provided.

I equate what Ben Chambers says with a grain of salt.

ITA. I don't believe it is in dispute that she went to Leah's. And if she was on her way to Leah's at the time of the murder, I can certainly understand why LE would withhold that information from the public.

He referenced her "learning her lesson" about engaging in "bad relationships". JMO

I don't see that as him blaming his daughter, I see it as blaming the other person. I think he feels he knows who is responsible.

ITA. I don't believe it is in dispute that she went to Leah's. And if she was on her way to Leah's at the time of the murder, I can certainly understand why LE would withhold that information from the public.

I disagree that she was on her way to Leah's House that night, but agree that Jessica had been there previously. I feel like I've come across some credible reporting on this fact but can't recall where exactly... if anyone has a solid source, please share!

"Any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna ____ up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius... and you ain't no genius." -Body Heat, 1981

::FingersCrossed::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member