MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand here -- we're not talking about a woman considering suicide and discussing the method she might choose; we're thinking about someone who burned to death in a car fire, and how that car fire came to be. Big difference.

Right. Someone burned to death in a car fire (Event that Needs Explanation); there are multiple possible explanations (1, 2, 3...).

Really, really simplistically:

1) Someone wanted to end her own life, so she burned herself in a car fire.
2) Someone wanted to kill her, so they burned her in a car fire.

:-/

Understand here -- we're not talking about a woman considering suicide and discussing the method she might choose; we're thinking about someone who burned to death in a car fire, and how that car fire came to be. Big difference.

We're discussing the death of a woman who had been a victim of domestic violence to the point she sought refuge in a shelter and was no longer in the relationship, according to her family.

Research indicates that the most dangerous time for a battered woman is after she ends the relationship. In the United States, research indicates that women who leave their batterers are at a 75% greater risk of being killed by their batterers than those who stay.

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/svaw/domestic/explore/6support.htm

The same arguments made against suicide by this particular method -- that it's rare and difficult -- might also be made against homicide by this method.

In a vacuum, yes. But then it would still be worth comparing fire deaths directly:

the # of people who die against their will (murder or accident) via fire VS. # of people who choose to die (suicide, protest) via fire

Compounding the issue is that this is not, in fact, a vacuum. This is an actual case with additional details and factors, many of which are sufficiently suspicious to merit a homicide investigation.

Right. Someone burned to death in a car fire (Event that Needs Explanation); there are multiple possible explanations (1, 2, 3...).

I'm going with option #2. Her battery was separated from her phone. LE is "confident" someone was with her. She stopped and bought gas. She also bought a pack of cigarettes. LE says they know what happened to her. No note. No indication from family/friends that were interviewed that she was depressed. In fact, we have the opposite.

The same arguments made against suicide by this particular method -- that it's rare and difficult -- might also be made against homicide by this method.

Imoo, homicide by arson seems pretty simple. Quickly spray an accelerant on the victim, toss a match and -------------------

We're discussing the death of a woman who had been a victim of domestic violence to the point she sought refuge in a shelter and was no longer in the relationship, according to her family.

Research indicates that the most dangerous time for a battered woman is after she ends the relationship. In the United States, research indicates that women who leave their batterers are at a 75% greater risk of being killed by their batterers than those who stay.

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/svaw/domestic/explore/6support.htm

^^^^ that!

Suicide doesn't ring true to me for many, many reasons. Why bother stopping to get gas? I really don't believe a 19 year old girl would go buy $14 worth of gas thinking it will make her car burn faster with more gas in it. Just doesn't seem likely. Guns would probably be plentiful, as I'm sure would be any number of drugs. It's certainly not impossible, but not very probable. I think if suicide was still on the table with LE, they would definitely have been pushing that theory in their pressers. They are looking for a killer or killers. DA called this one of the most horrific crimes he had ever seen.

I agree. I have a hard time believing a female would cause their own death in such a disfiguring way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3) a passenger/s was handling something flammable that exploded....accidentally killing her

3) a passenger/s was handling something flammable that exploded....accidentally killing her

So that would read: Someone was handling something flammable that exploded (or ignited etc), so she burned to death in a car fire.

Okay, on their own, we could make up lots of sentences like these with a super-basic explanation, followed by "burning death in car fire." There is a better way to explain the logical reasoning process behind this and why homicide is arguably the most logical, I'm just trying to square it away...

Let me say in a different way. The explosion was horrific enough to burn over 90% of JC's body. I would think the person handling the flammable item would have very noticeable, serious injuries.

I'm basing my opinion on 3 things---
1 LE saying this was a homicide.....there has to be a reason cops think this was murder. Plus 3 LE agencies are on this case.
2.Again for me only, yep>>>Occam's razor. :)
3.my Personal opinion JC didn't seem to want to end her life.
ALL MOO

Mobile meth lab car fire? Lots of them in the news on google.
In the radio interview with the ex i think he said she had recently gotten her car back after not having it awhile. The rolling meth lab was the 1st thing that popped into my head. When i lived in KY ... a car was rear ended at a stop light ... it blew up killing the driver. Jc's car did look like it had rear end damage. JMO

I'm basing my opinion on 3 things---
LE saying this was a homicide.
For me, yep>>>Occam's razor.
Personal opinion JC didn't seem to want to end her life.
ALL MOO

Very simply put, I agree 100%. They KNOW what happened to her and they are questioning people and we've even had a few placed on "holds". LE is not working this as a possible suicide and neither am I.

In the radio interview with the ex i think he said she had recently gotten her car back after not having it awhile. The rolling meth lab was the 1st thing that popped into my head. When i lived in KY ... a car was rear ended at a stop light ... it blew up killing the driver. Jc's car did look like it had rear end damage. JMO
LE explained the damage to the back of the car. It was from LE prying the trunk open. No accident damage,

Heads up! New thread coming. This thread will close in about ten minutes.

:tyou:

Agreed, but I would add one more possibility:

3) Something "went too far" with Jessica -- a beating, or even some "partying" -- and thinking JC was dead, perps torched the car to destroy any fingerprints or DNA evidence.

I'm still thinking it's #2, motivated by revenge against either Jessica or somebody to whom Jessica was dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay