MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was up toward a tree but had not impacted a tree= staged. Whomever killed Jessica didn't give a damn about anything but they did try to make it look like something it wasn't and are still are trying to do that.

JMO
Exactly! It had not impacted the tree! Not staged to look like an accident because they would have rammed it into the tree, imo.

Chances are the car was parked to avoid detection from other car lights shining directly on it. The cover of darkness from the angle of where any traffic would come from at that time of night would be a logical conclusion.

That fits perfectly, if the car isn't a raging fire.

After Edit.
I believe I understand better what you were implying. Jessica parked there intentionally to hide better? I'd have to disagree. The reason the wife and I chose the road rather than the embankments was reduced visibility. The dirt hips hid us pretty well unless you were directly ahead of us, or behind like in Jessica's case behind a gate.

Parking up on the embankment while reducing visibility from one direction, actually increases it significantly in the other.

Just one more name that sounds like Eric from the Courtland area I thought I might share. Stumbled on it tonight. Arick.

That fits perfectly, if the car isn't a raging fire.

After Edit.
I believe I understand better what you were implying. Jessica parked there intentionally to hide better? I'd have to disagree. The reason the wife and I chose the road rather than the embankments was reduced visibility. The dirt hips hid us pretty well unless you were directly ahead of us, or behind like in Jessica's case behind a gate.

Parking up on the embankment while reducing visibility from one direction, actually increases it significantly in the other.
It may not increase it significantly from the other direction because of the incline, but I don't think they were worried about people coming from that direction. I believe the intent was to hide from traffic coming from town. The cover of darkness provided by the trees would be sufficient to hide the car prior to the fire easily. Parking in front of the gate would have offered no cover either way.

I don't know if it is applicable to compare your romantic encounters in the car with wife to what happened to Jessica. There could be other reasons for the car to be hidden so well from that angle.

It may not increase it significantly from the other direction because of the incline, but I don't think they were worried about people coming from that direction. I believe the intent was to hide from traffic coming from town. The cover of darkness provided by the trees would be sufficient to hide the car prior to the fire easily. Parking in front of the gate would have offered no cover either way.

I don't know if it is applicable to compare your romantic encounters in the car with wife to what happened to Jessica. There could be other reasons for the car to be hidden so well from that angle.

Hi SS! Haven't seen you in awhile!

So, who do you think drove it up there? Jessica or someone who was with her? Or, do you think someone in the car with her forced her to drive it up the embankment?

It does significantly increase visibility. Here's a picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Dpj6bIEAEOD4U.jpg

It's a pure matter of straight line visibility, an elevated object is more visible unless obscured. The embankments interfere with visibility. I don't know how to make that more clear.

The actual activity I was engaging in was only mentioned because it validated my presence and want for privacy, but thanks for mentioning it all the same. Would you have felt better about it had I mentioned no reason, or made it something more sinister? The only reason I linked the two areas was because they were very similar in the way they were laid out. Hopefully, someone who had a like experience to whatever befell Jessica in a like location can come in and fill your desire for an experts opinion. What was it that happened to her again, I mean beside the fire?

It does significantly increase visibility. Here's a picture.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6Dpj6bIEAEOD4U.jpg

It's a pure matter of straight line visibility, an elevated object is more visible unless obscured. The embankments interfere with visibility. I don't know how to make that more clear.

The actual activity I was engaging in was only mentioned because it validated my presence and want for privacy, but thanks for mentioning it all the same. Would you have felt better about it had I mentioned no reason, or made it something more sinister? The only reason I linked the two areas was because they were very similar in the way they were laid out. Hopefully, someone who had a like experience to whatever befell Jessica in a like location can come in and fill your desire for an experts opinion. What was it that happened to her again, I mean beside the fire?
The pic does show it would be visible, but how much traffic would you think that direction would get on a weekend? I would think more people would be coming home from the other direction since a lot of people who are familiar said the road isn't used much unless you lived there.

"Parking" isn't something we need an expert to address.

It is possible she experienced a sexual assault instead of some romantic interlude. We don't know if she was driving or someone else parked the car. From everything I see at the scene...it was not staged as any accident and the person didn't care who knew she was possibly having sex in that car (other reasons for both seats to be reclined?).

I feel that her car was parked up the embankment because someone or a few other people's cars were parked on the level flat path in front of the gate, parallel to JC's car. That area may have been the area for the "party".
By JC parking her car up the slight embankment, it allowed other cars to pull in & be off of the road & be alongside her.

I also feel that the use of the word "party" in that particular neck of the woods is different than what most of us here think of what that means.

Think more like "let's go party" and a lot less like "I'm expecting RSVP's to my party".
There is a huge difference.

On another note, why did AA (in the extended MSM video of him at the gas station) say the names "Boone" or "Poon" when we keep hearing from other sources it's "Eric" or "Derrick"? Is this one of the reasons why AA had to leave for his safety? Why hasn't this info been rectified or addressed to LE?

Why haven't we heard from the tow truck driver or the other first responders? Has LE stated the autopsy/DNA/tox reports are done? What about the results of her phone logs?

Ugh!!!!

Moo

The pic does show it would be visible, but how much traffic would you think that direction would get on a weekend? I would think more people would be coming home from the other direction since a lot of people who are familiar said the road isn't used much unless you lived there.

"Parking" isn't something we need an expert to address.

It is possible she experienced a sexual assault instead of some romantic interlude. We don't know if she was driving or someone else parked the car. From everything I see at the scene...it was not staged as any accident and the person didn't care who knew she was possibly having sex in that car (other reasons for both seats to be reclined?).

Regardless of what went on prior to her death, I believe the spot was chosen for her murder. As a matter of hiding the vehicle, I think between the embankments is a more efficient and more sensible location to hide the car based on personal experience in that kind of location. To be an "expert" on hiding doesn't require a degree. I play paintball too, I know how to conceal myself. It's not rocket science. Which was my point to begin with. You knew that however.

People who claimed to have visited the area confirm that traffic is very sparse at night. While you might conclude traffic is greater in one direction than another, that is an assumption, and a very broad one to bet the farm on (for the criminal)

Hi SS! Haven't seen you in awhile!

So, who do you think drove it up there? Jessica or someone who was with her? Or, do you think someone in the car with her forced her to drive it up the embankment?
Hiya, Distracted! Nice to see you!

I don't know of anyone in particular, but it does appear possible someone drove her there. I don't think she would just drive up into that dark, little corner on her own and especially not if she was alone (unless it was suicide).

I would like them to release the autopsy. The report could tell us a number of things and pregnancy is something I would question with this case.

I feel that her car was parked up the embankment because someone or a few other people's cars were parked on the level flat path in front of the gate, parallel to JC's car. That area may have been the area for the "party".
By JC parking her car up the slight embankment, it allowed other cars to pull in & be off of the road & be alongside her.

I also feel that the use of the word "party" in that particular neck of the woods is different than what most of us here think of what that means.

Think more like "let's go party" and a lot less like "I'm expecting RSVP's to my party".

On another note, why did AA (in the extended MSM video of him at the gas station) say the names "Boone" or "Poon" when we keep hearing from other sources it's "Eric" or "Derrick"? Is this one of the reasons why AA had to leave for his safety? Why hasn't this info been rectified or addressed to LE?

Why haven't we heard from the tow truck driver or the other first responders? Has LE stated the autopsy/DNA/tox reports are done? What about the results of her phone logs?

Ugh!!!!

Moo

BBM

Party by young people now means something different to every crowd. It's situational too.

I believe at the end of that interview, the names Poohman and Boone came about. I had to ask for confirmation because the audio quality made it hard to tell. I kept hearing Boone, but everyone was telling me boom. I don't think those had anything to do with the beginning of the investigation. They were just the current "hot leads" at the time.

LE is insulating everyone and every detail from the public. Don't expect to see anything at all prior to an arrest, and probably not until trial.

Regardless of what went on prior to her death, I believe the spot was chosen for her murder. As a matter of hiding the vehicle, I think between the embankments is a more efficient and more sensible location to hide the car based on personal experience in that kind of location. To be an "expert" on hiding doesn't require a degree. I play paintball too, I know how to conceal myself. It's not rocket science. Which was my point to begin with. You knew that however.

People who claimed to have visited the area confirm that traffic is very sparse at night. While you might conclude traffic is greater in one direction than another, that is an assumption, and a very broad one to bet the farm on (for the criminal)
Try this one: Say a man was worried about his wife spotting them and he knew she would be coming from the direction of town if she did drive out that way.

There isn't as much of an embankment on the right side as there is where the car was found. The trees would help cover on the other side, but not as well. Parking in front of the gate offered little to no privacy from the highway with the wide entrance of the road, imo.

And if my theory is correct that JC's car was parked up the slight embankment so that another partier could pull up along side of her near that gate (& therefore off the road)-- and it may have been 2 additional cars, then she may have been blocked in when something bad started happening. Blocked in from escaping via her car & I think she was unaware of this possibility--of being blocked in.

Or as the "Auntie" said something to the effect that things went wrong or too far.

Moo

Do you have a link to support your claim Jessica was not in a battered woman's shelter? Mr. Chambers didn't say she was at Leah's House, he said she was at a battered women's shelter. I don't view the fact that a woman who seeks shelter to be "dirty laundry." Especially when the woman is torched to death.

Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

He also said JC was on fire when first responders arrived and that was proven false. By "dirty laundry" I mean the sensitive nature of alcohol or substance abuse, not shelter from DV. If this happened to my daughter, I wouldn't tell the press anything negative either. It's none of their business. Heck, maybe he was told it was a DV shelter; after all, he didn't even know she smoked. The only proof I've seen of violence was committed by JC herself and discovered by Zool on the Clarion-Ledger website. JC was arrested twice for assault (most recently in June 2014): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...14-6&p=11362819&highlight=arrest#post11362819

I looked back over the threads and see your point about Leah's House - I can't say it happened because MSM hasn't reported it. I just read that the Leah's House JC picture on their website can't be used as proof she stayed there. Sometimes that's a hard rule to follow after reading the stellar posts of fellow Sleuths and drawing logical conclusions from circumstantial info.

OTOH, MSM shouldn't continue to be cited as evidence when they're disproved by more recent MSM reports. For example, the MSM initially reported Mr. Chambers' claim that JC was on fire and walking when first responders arrived. That was later disproved. It would be misleading to continue using the earlier MSM link as proof.

You said "Especially when the woman is torched to death". That implies that someone else purposely set her on fire instead of suicide or an accidental solvent inhalant flash-fire. Do you have a link to prove that someone else burned her?

The Panolian listed a "Hilltop Shooting" in an article on 9/20/14 where people gathered on the grass around a house for a "party". It became violent.

This demonstrates the type of party I think is commonplace for some in that area. It's very impromptu.

link e "Hilltop Shooting", Panolian.The Panolian, Hilltop shooting

www.panolian.com/contentitem/378413/1180/hilltop-shooting
Hilltop shooting 9/20/2014. Sheriff's department crime scene tape cordoned off the Hilltop parking lot that had been filled with cars and people ... Batesville, MS.

Ugh!!!!

Moo
I agree the term "party" probably means a gathering wherever with a few people getting high and drinking beer/whiskey/etc. This is a small town crowd. There were vacant fields where they could drive off the highway through the trees and be more secluded to party. Also there was probably no shortage of houses where others were gathered. I just don't see the turn off as being a great place to party.

LE isn't going to say much with the FBI and ATF working the case. They play things close to the vest and are not media friendly as rule. People involved such as the EMTs and tow truck driver were probably instructed about speaking out about the case, too.

Autopsy preliminary report should be done and Tox screens usually take 6-8 weeks. The final report will come after those are complete.

Her phone records are hopefully giving them a solid direction to go, but we haven't seen any real movement in this case. When they start filing search warrants and carrying out potential evidence, we will be able to piece some things together.

A bar two towns away that serves food is not a place an underage teenager is going to go alone to "grab a bite to eat" and it is not what she told her mother.

Not long after waking up, Jessica drove to a gas station on Highway 51 to grab a bite to eat and put gas in her car before heading into Batesville to clean it.

I never said JC was known to go to her pastor's home at anytime.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

I realize it is all a matter of semantics and perspectives, but when I think of bar and grill establishments, I don't think of them as bars that serve food, but as restaurants that have bar areas and serve drinks. From my personal observations dining at very many bar and grills, I would wager more people go to most of the ones I am familiar with to eat than to drink. JMO

Sure, she could have been going to see her pastor. "I'm going somewhere" can mean absolutely anything. No one here can disprove or prove anything about her whereabouts between the gas station and where she was found. We have absolutely NO evidence of where she went. So, your guess is as good as any, including a party, the car wash or even the Backwoods Bar and Grill. :)

She was going "somewhere" and did not care to divulge it to anyone, it seems to me. Nobody's business....JMO

If she was at a party could an alcohol, such as Everclear, have been the accelerant?

Just a thought: she's at a party and she leaves with someone (man or woman), they pull over to the side of the road. Discussion turns into an argument and they want her to prove something or they just dare her to drink it straight from th and they use that opportunity to murder her then they burn the car to cover it up.

I'm trying to put my mindset to that of young adult...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member