MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that comes to mind: If that's the case, and attending Leah's House wasn't court-ordered, then JC also agreed to go, as she was over 18 at the time. I don't think her parents could have had her sent anywhere at that point. That she went suggests that she did want to make changes in her life. Maybe there was even another reason she wanted to go?

Maybe she was tired of being used as a punching bag? Her mom said she was in two violent relationships.

I think it could have been a court option - go somewhere for help or be tried for simple assault. Her mother, with good reason, would have pushed her to go get help in a rehab place like Leah's house. JMO
One thing that comes to mind: If that's the case, and attending Leah's House wasn't court-ordered, then JC also agreed to go, as she was over 18 at the time. I don't think her parents could have had her sent anywhere at that point. That she went suggests that she did want to make changes in her life. Maybe there was even another reason she wanted to go?

Read the FB pages of the folks she was hanging out with and you will see where that came from. Seriously scary people with anger issues and the women's behavior is not at all ladylike.

Beyond scary and I can only hope the feds are pulling apart their connections with each other and with Jessica.

I don't know that she was still hanging out with those folks. Her most recent activities seemed to be focused on her faith and overcoming adversity. iow,she felt she was "born again."

JMO

dairydog,your included. I just saw your post :grouphug:

:eek:fftopic: I am the local goodwill ambassador for Mississippi. I have so many wonderful memories of my family summers there.

Quick Corinth story. I was in my city post office mailing a package to Cornith when the clerk looked at the destination & commented it was his dream to visit Corinth,MS. He went on to say that his trip included site seeing at Shiloh,TN. Now,that just tickled me. I told him if he ever made the trip to be sure and eat at Catfish Hotel in Shiloh,TN. He smiled and said he would definitely do that! :smile:.

Well,off I go but I just had to give a holler out to Corinth! :great:
Nice memories MizStery. I know I'm OT but just wanted to say I have great memories of visiting MS; wonderful cousins we'd visit in Laurel, MS. Loved it. Maybe our MS families will come up with some clues! Truth is stranger than fiction!

Reading that info this morning has my brain wheels turning.
If Jessica went to Leah's voluntarily, did she commit to staying there a certain amount of time? A week? A month?
Is it free to stay at Leah's? I can't imagine that being so..just throwing it out there. Who pays for this Insurance or is it out of pocket?

I agree with you about Jessica going to Leah's points to her wanting to make changes in her life.

Back on thread #1, we were talking about JC's Kia Rio and recall this post (pun intended) BBM:

After researching some more about Kia vehicles, I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of news articles, forum discussions, and YouTube videos depicting Kias on fire! Including the Kia Rio which JC drove.

There are countless car accidents involving various Kia models that caught fire. Some fatal and others not.

I even found a few websites dedicated to warning others about the dangers of Kia vehicle fires!

I'm not sure if I have an actual point with this post or not? I'm not even sure by knowing all of this info now that it will sway me more to the side of a freak accident or stick with the "popular consensus"? I just know that I can't remember ever seeing so many car fires from one manufacturer since the Ford Pinto!

At the beginning of the LE's investigation, they were treating JC's death as an Arson. Now, it seems to be more of a murder investigation using fire.

I guess, I'm keeping my options open until the evidence proves what happened. Without knowing many of the details, it is hard. But, one thing for sure is... these Kias sure have fire issues!

<zool snipped to save bandwidth>

The key in the ignition and the parking brake on seem to discount the possibility of a car fire.

Of course, if the key was in the "on position" and if the parking brake had been engaged by the tow operator -- after pulling the Kia onboard as some operators will do -- then fire could be a possibility.

I will re-post this without the link this time. I think Leah's House is free. It runs on donations. My last post, I added a link to their GO fund me page, not realizing it wasn't an approved link. Sorry!

&#8220;She had anger issues," explained Lisa Chambers. "She would I guess get mad because she had to stay at home.&#8221;

She said her daughter had gotten counseling for her anger issues.

&#8220;Me and her had a problem at home with her mouth and the way she acted," recalled Lisa Chambers. "And we had her sent there so she could learn to act more like a lady. &#8221;

My heart just hurts more for Jessica's short life, and the upward and forward motion she was making for her life, the more we learn about Jessica.

When I read this I thought that perhaps Jessica slapped her mother (as opposed to my previous theory of girlfight), mom had her arrested for assault. Sometimes, a parent will have had enough and when it escalates to violence will call police as a last result. This could have been the "assault" that started the path to Jessica's wellness by having the court order to have residential counseling aka time at Leah's House.

My heart just hurts more for Jessica's short life, and the upward and forward motion she was making for her life, the more we learn about Jessica.

When I read this I thought that perhaps Jessica slapped her mother (as opposed to my previous theory of girlfight), mom had her arrested for assault. Sometimes, a parent will have had enough and when it escalates to violence will call police as a last result. This could have been the "assault" that started the path to Jessica's wellness by having the court order to have residential counseling aka time at Leah's House.

How helpless a parent would feel to watch an young adult child spin out of control, knowing how limited your options are. You really cannot make anyone over 18 do anything...unless you had leverage. If mom or someone else in the household was the victim of the assault, maybe she was given the option to go to Leah's in exchange for charges being dropped. Or perhaps she went willingly because she wanted to make the necessary changes. Low self-esteem is common in girls JC's age. She was a cheerleader/athlete in high school. Different ballgame when you graduate and you have no clear path in life and no idea what to do with that whole being an adult thing. We saw this so many times at our shelter. She wasn't enrolled/attending college, and maybe her closest friends from high school were. I remember feeling like a loser when I graduated because I wasn't going to college and I was working at a Dairy Queen. That is when I got into my bad relationship. Took me a few years and a pregnancy to turn myself around.

The key in the ignition and the parking brake on seem to discount the possibility of a car fire.

Of course, if the key was in the "on position" and if the parking brake had been engaged by the tow operator -- after pulling the Kia onboard as some operators will do -- then fire could be a possibility.

What if she was actually driving with the emergency brake on and that caused a car fire while she was driving?

That could also explain how her car ended up where it did.

In reading about Kia vehicle fires, the brakes were often the root cause of a fire.

Emergency brake likely caused car fire
August 01, 2012|By CHELCEY ADAMI | Staff Writer

Authorities said the car fire was apparently caused by the emergency brake being left on while driving.

[...]

What if she was actually driving with the emergency brake on and that caused a car fire while she was driving?

That could also explain how her car ended up where it did.

In reading about Kia vehicle fires, the brakes were often the root cause of a fire.

Emergency brake likely caused car fire
August 01, 2012|By CHELCEY ADAMI | Staff Writer

Authorities said the car fire was apparently caused by the emergency brake being left on while driving.

[...]
That is very interesting! The only reason I'm discounting any kind of accidental fire is because they would have ruled that out by now. I believe the use of an accelerant is why they view this as a homicide.

Between your post and Flatfootjoe's speculation that JC might have been restrained in some way, a light bulb went on over my head! If there was evidence JC was restrained, it would be a logical conclusion that someone had to have been with her! Good thinking all of you!

YUP Also if they found her on the passenger side of the car. JMO

I will re-post this without the link this time. I think Leah's House is free. It runs on donations. My last post, I added a link to their GO fund me page, not realizing it wasn't an approved link. Sorry!

I looked at the house. It is 37 Oak st. Oakland, ms on google streets. Nothing remarkable. JMO

I looked at the house. It is 37 Oak st. Oakland, ms on google streets. Nothing remarkable. JMO
They usually aren't houses that stand out and they definitely aren't anything fancy. The one I worked at was a non-description three story home in an old-fashioned town, surrounded by other three story homes. If one didn't know what it was, it would definitely not attract much attention. We also ran on donations. Food, clothing, furniture and money was donated.

I believe it is the dedicated people who work there, and not the physical structure, that make places like Leah's House remarkable. JMO.

My soon-to-be daughter-in-law is a nurse practitioner, and she has said she would stop to help someone in need, but would not identify herself as a medical professional, for fear of a lawsuit.

My son is in EMT training and he was advised the same thing: render aid but don't discuss your medical credentials. (Sad the world has come to this.)

That is very interesting! The only reason I'm discounting any kind of accidental fire is because they would have ruled that out by now. I believe the use of an accelerant is why they view this as a homicide.

BBM

Not sure if we can rule anything out at this point since we don't know what LE actually ruled out. :thinking:

Their latest statement was, "Investigators believe the attack could have been targeted at Jessica Chambers, but they aren't ruling anything out."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues

I believe it is the dedicated people who work there, and not the physical structure, that make places like Leah's House remarkable. JMO.
Correct. They are not meant to stand out on the outside. But what goes on inside can be life-changing for many. Invaluable. We worked very hard on limited resources.

Just looking for an update as I was away for a day because of work. Specifically, have any charges been brought or arraignment dates set for the two individuals mentioned with possible ties to this case, which appear to have bonded out of Penola County Jail over the weekend?

Bump....

BBM

Not sure if we can rule anything out at this point since we don't know what LE actually ruled out. :thinking:

Their latest statement was, "Investigators believe the attack could have been targeted at Jessica Chambers, but they aren't ruling anything out."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues
I took that to mean that the attack could be targeted or it could be random or it could be a message to someone. But I think it has already been classified as a homicide and the use of the word "attack" would exclude an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid