MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you believe she was going there that evening? She told AA she was going somewhere.

I personally do not believe she was going to visit with the reverend that Saturday evening, no. My personal belief is that she originally wasn't intending to be out of the house for long that evening, whatever she initially had in mind, and that she was invited or convinced to go somewhere else (socially) while she was already out.

I also don't put much weight on something so vague that she may have told AA. Unless she offered that information on her own (like without him asking questions), my read is that it was a non-answer.

(These are just my formed opinions/what I believe to be true in this case.)

I personally do not believe she was going to visit with the reverend that Saturday evening, no. My personal belief is that she originally wasn't intending to be out of the house for long that evening, whatever she initially had in mind, and that she was invited or convinced to go somewhere else (socially) while she was already out.

I also don't put much weight on something so vague that she may have told AA. Unless she offered that information on her own (like without him asking questions), my read is that it was a non-answer.

I agree with it being a non-answer. And that is if the conversation even happened the way AA said it did. AA also claimed that the sheriff told him about the accelerant poured down JC's throat, but many people questioned his truthfulness on that :)

If by "pretty good attorney" you mean "$$$ for getting out of trouble" then I'd be inclined to agree. ;-) It's a wonder that guy is out + about given the December 2012 (though I thought it was in 2013, not 2012?) incident...but clearly someone agreed to pay bond on that.

Again, I think the repeat offenders in + around that community may be crafty + resourceful, but I don't think they're all that clever. Yes, there is a difference.

Touche, southernyankee, "pretty good attorney" is often synonymous with "$$$ for getting out of trouble". About the kidnapping/armed robbery/assault/resisting arrest/drug possession/felony firearm possession charges, I'm getting my info from the Pangolin, which said, "The arrest on December 8 of Reputed gang leader George Mister Jr...", and the date of publication is January 1, 2013, so I am leaning towards the date of the arrest following the crime being Dec. 2012, shortly before the paper came out on Jan. 1, 2013. Hope that helps!

Exactly! A 3 minute walk is like almost next door and he's home with a toothache and doesn't hear any of the commotion that must have been going on (i.e. sirens from all the emergency vehicles)? And why did he throw in a "reason" (toothache) for being home that night when it was not necessary to give a reason?

I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt for a minute here: I had a molar that would flare up occasionally - a ragingly bad toothache - before having a root canal in November. That kind of pain was pretty distracting.

So, there were a few times when I would dip into SouthernYankee Pharmacy (ah, my personal stash that includes leftover Rx pain meds from past surgeries) for a bit of relief. And it would leave me kinda out of it.

Bottom line: It's not implausible that you could be home with a toothache. It sounds really lame excuse, actually, but anyone who's had a bad one knows they can really suck, which is why I feel like it's true.

Why don't you believe she was going there that evening? She told AA she was going somewhere.

She told her mom, though, that she was going out to eat and clean her car. She also talked to her mom via telephone while she was out. Why would she feel the need to hide going to see a pastor? If my son wanted to go visit a pastor in a neighboring community, I would gas the car up for him.

If by "pretty good attorney" you mean "$$$ for getting out of trouble" then I'd be inclined to agree. ;-) It's a wonder that guy is out + about given the December 2012 (though I thought it was in 2013, not 2012?) incident...but clearly someone agreed to pay bond on that.

Again, I think the repeat offenders in + around that community may be crafty + resourceful, but I don't think they're all that clever. Yes, there is a difference.

One last response to your insightful post (in response to mine lol)- as you pointed out, "...but clearly someone agreed to pay bond on that", this is an excellent point, to which I will add, someone agreed to allow a bond for that... not sure which is worse... I'm leaning towards the latter. Good input southeryankee!

I think there are two important facts: She purchased $14 in gas and she told AA she was going somewhere. Meeting with someone tied to a church can be a "social" encounter. Perhaps she was counseling another young woman? She received a phone call prior to leaving the house.

Investigators believe her phone will be "the key to everything," the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

I agree with it being a non-answer. And that is if the conversation even happened the way AA said it did. AA also claimed that the sheriff told him about the accelerant poured down JC's throat, but many people questioned his truthfulness on that :)

Mmmm-hmmm. AA was channeling LF there, maybe. Or vice versa. Ya know? It's natural for people to be curious + involved about such a sensational, shocking sort of crime, but then it can bite them when the rumor mill sweeps them up into it. (I don't think AA or LF were at all involved in the attack on JC.)

MSCJgrad : EXCELLENT information and thank you so much for the link :D Power has it's attraction for many, but I better understand the emotional need it must ignite after reading your post and quickly visiting the link. Bookmarked for more reading because it's so interesting! I just remember waaay back when, I used to waitress in posh beachside town and wealthy older men, some really goood loooking (never guys my own age - never) used to hit on me. (I wasn't and still am not pretty, but I was shy, polite and obviously naive) Although I was flattered, it scared the bejeebers out of me every single time. It was a matter of me not feeling like I would be in control of my surroundings by going on a date with them and knowing what I know now, I would absolutely not have been safe because I'm pretty sure not one of them had *my* best interest at heart. Less about the man's appearance than about our own insecurities.

Even though I felt that way, I was still attracted but in a safe way, having a crush on an older man, but only a crush from afar. I can see the effect that it could have on a young woman without a stable, loving "normal" father or father figure in their home - to have a very much in-control (controlling) man make you feel ......aw crap. It just creeps me out. I get it, but it's worrisome. No blame at all on the young women involved!

yeah, way too much info, how much do I owe you for this session :/ yikes

Mmmm-hmmm. AA was channeling LF there, maybe. Or vice versa. Ya know? It's natural for people to be curious + involved about such a sensational, shocking sort of crime, but then it can bite them when the rumor mill sweeps them up into it. (I don't think AA or LF were at all involved in the attack on JC.)

Nor do I. Waiting to see how things pan out, but I am pretty set on my theory and AA and LF don't factor into it. But, that could change at any given time because this case has me upside down :)

She told her mom, though, that she was going out to eat and clean her car. She also talked to her mom via telephone while she was out. Why would she feel the need to hide going to see a pastor? If my son wanted to go visit a pastor in a neighboring community, I would gas the car up for him.

She may have been going to meet with someone in response to the phone call she received and was asked not to tell her mother.

I think there are two important facts: She purchased $14 in gas and she told AA she was going somewhere. Meeting with someone tied to a church can be a "social" encounter. Perhaps she was counseling another young woman? She received a phone call prior to leaving the house.

Investigators believe her phone will be "the key to everything," the prosecutor said. She received a call before she left her house, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/us/mississippi-girl-burns-to-death/

Where I get all :-/ meh-not-so-feeling-it on this is that I feel like it's kind of bending what we think we know ($14 in gas, going "somewhere") to fit something that we have zero evidence of (going to see a church-related counselor type on a Saturday evening).

Also - if she HAD actually visited with someone else, and that person WASN'T involved in the attack, I'd be inclined to think that person had informed police privately with a statement. *Especially* if JC's phone had any trace of contact between them.

So, no - I look at: it was Saturday evening, she's 19, she's more likely to have been *socializing* on a whim than driving out of town limits to see anyone from a church on short notice.

Good point made by both of you... all of this talk about AA makes me wonder... where is he now? He was up front-and center initially, and then seems to have *poof* disappeared, as what appears to be immediately after being quoted by Darby as being the "only person cleared in the investigation". It just seems kind of odd to me that someone who works for a store owned by their immediate family in a small town to be MIA all of a sudden. The following is MOO, but I am HOPING that this is a sign that AA in fact has some useful, incriminating information that has been provided to LE, and he has left the area for his own protection. A shot in the dark, I know, but this has crossed my mind more than once. :cow:

Good point made by both of you... all of this talk about AA makes me wonder... where is he now? He was up front-and center initially, and then seems to have *poof* disappeared, as what appears to be immediately after being quoted by Darby as being the "only person cleared in the investigation". It just seems kind of odd to me that someone who works for a store owned by their immediate family in a small town to be MIA all of a sudden. The following is MOO, but I am HOPING that this is a sign that AA in fact has some useful, incriminating information that has been provided to LE, and he has left the area for his own protection. A shot in the dark, I know, but this has crossed my mind more than once. :cow:
Well, that is an excellent point about him being out of the spotlight. Good thinking. I hadn't considered that.

Have you read the remarks directed toward him? The accusations and suspicions? Can't say I'd blame him if he has in fact taken a powder, considering the public scrutiny he's been subjected to. If he were my son, I'd be worried sick for his safety, and do whatever possible within my means to help him relocate.

JMO

Have you read the remarks directed toward him? The accusations and suspicions? Can't say I'd blame him if he has in fact taken a powder, considering the public scrutiny he's been subjected to. If he were my son, I'd be worried sick for his safety, and do whatever possible within my means to help him relocate.

JMO
I agree. I thought he may be in hiding from people on the Internet. Hadn't considered he was in hiding due to knowing something of value to the investigation. Very interesting thought.

I agree. I thought he may be in hiding from people on the Internet. Hadn't considered he was in hiding due to knowing something of value to the investigation. Very interesting thought.
Or what someone *thinks* he knows. I sure wouldn't want my son to be a sitting duck working in a convenience store every day and night.

Again, JMO

Where I get all :-/ meh-not-so-feeling-it on this is that I feel like it's kind of bending what we think we know ($14 in gas, going "somewhere") to fit something that we have zero evidence of (going to see a church-related counselor type on a Saturday evening).

Also - if she HAD actually visited with someone else, and that person WASN'T involved in the attack, I'd be inclined to think that person had informed police privately with a statement. *Especially* if JC's phone had any trace of contact between them.

So, no - I look at: it was Saturday evening, she's 19, she's more likely to have been *socializing* on a whim than driving out of town limits to see anyone from a church on short notice.

With all due respect, the phone call before she left, the $14 in gas, that she said she was going "somewhere" plus the fact that her car was found on fire on a road that went "somewhere" are details acknowledged by police. Jessica was attacked after she left somewhere and there has been a media report she was attacked a week earlier.

What we haven't seen is any evidence Jessica socialized on a "whim."

Or what someone *thinks* he knows. I sure wouldn't have want my son to be a sitting duck working in a convenience store everyday and night.

Again, JMO
Nor would I. Regardless of how great his responsibilities at the store, he is only 19. My son's age.

Or what someone *thinks* he knows. I sure wouldn't want my son to be a sitting duck working in a convenience store every day and night.

Again, JMO

He put himself out there too much, which may not have been a brilliant thing to do, but youth and bravado may explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmpathicWitch