MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to wager that $43,000 is pocket change to AA's family.

My opinion is this sounds like the game of telephone we played as kidlets.

Sometimes all it takes is for someone to make a random statement and it gets repeated. It could have been something as simple as overhearing something and misunderstanding it or not knowing the full content surrounding the statement.

EMT says to partner/police/hospital radio (and is overheard by Person A): "her breath smells like lighter fluid, nail polish remover, helium" - to me, I don't know how they could distinguish her breath odor from surrounding fire odors, but presumably professionals who've experienced it would know.

Person A hears it correctly and repeats it as fact when it's just someone's conjecture.
Person A could have misheard something and repeated it as fact.
Person A could have heard correctly and put their own interpretation to it and repeated it as fact.
Person A could be thinking something, then overhear something they thinks confirms their own theory and repeats it as fact.
Person A may something that nobody else knew and thought they'd be safe in repeating it as though they heard it at the scene.

Person B could have misheard and repeated it as fact. Many opportunities for mistakes.
You're right. Sometimes our brains fill in the blanks ... incorrectly. It reminds me of the "Hands up, don't shoot" repeated by people who heard it from somebody else and took it for gospel truth.

I really think this case may never be solved as its solution would expose the investigation's early mistakes. It may be deemed more important to preserve the official status quo than it would to look honestly at what actually took place.
With the FBI and ATF there...I do not see that as a possibility.

Hard to say at this point how the accelerant being poured down her throat came to be. We know Mr. Chambers stated it as coming from the doctor. We also know that LE hasn't confirmed it. I have gone back and forth in my own mind as to whether or not to consider it as far as my theory goes in what happened to her. I lean towards believing it for right now because, while it wasn't confirmed, it wasn't denied. I would think LE would have a reason to deny it if it were not true, but LESS of a reason to confirm it if it WAS true. It must have originated from somewhere because it would be very hard to see why a detail so horrible would be reported by a family member unless they had reason to believe it. Of course, that is just where I am with it. No proof either way.

There is a video on youtube showing a 14yom applying rubbing alcohol on his chest as part of a "fire challenge". His mother filmed the action. He was standing in a bathtub of water which is where he planned to dunk his burning body to put out the fire. However, when he lights the rubbing alcohol, it ignites into large flames reaching above his face. He screams in fear, runs out of the bathroom in a panic and while in pain, he runs through the house. His mom urges him to go into the bathtub water. It took 17 seconds to put the fire out. His chest, legs and arms suffered large 2nd and 3rd degree burns. His mother has been arrested.

Jessica was unrecognizable. I fear her hair was gone and skin melted. I am not sure the physicians would allow her mother to see her daughter's charred remains. Perhaps by telling the parents that lighter fluid was poured in her nose and throat was a way of gently persuading her mom not to see her while at the hospital in Memphis. Otherwise, Jessica's head could have covered with gauze so that only small slits for her eyes and little holes for her nose remained uncovered depending on the amount of damage. I happen to believe it was poured in her nostrils and down her throat. I do not believe she was able to speak while laying aside her passenger's side door on the ground. I read somewhere that, judging by the damages, it likely took 20 minutes for the car to burn to the degree that it did.

Jessica was lured by an attraction of some type. Her casual pj bottoms tell me she wasn't prepared for hanging out. Party means different things to different people. The party could have been a job between two or more people. It could have been a gathering of friends around a campfire. "Party and play (PNP and PnP) is a phenomenon and subculture of recreational drug users who engage in sexual activities with one another...". Meth is usually a drug of choice for these type parties because it offers a euphoric high.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_and_play

I am inclined to lean toward a party where a mickey was slipped into her drink of choice. [In much the same way Natalee Holloway was drugged during her last night alive.] She was raped and driven to the embankment, or her party was already happening on the embankment, where the final horrendous deed was performed. The scalp injury, imo, is caused by the high heat or a thermal fracture. BC used the word "squirted" lighter fluid into her nose and mouth. It's possible lighter fluid, the kind used to start a charcoal grill was used. The experienced Firemen would recognize the odor straight away. It could have been a combination of flammable liquids; the charcoal lighter fluid for squirting her and gasoline for dousing her car.

Personally, I wish it were an accidental car wreck for it's difficult to acknowledge a mad dog killing psychopath brutally murdered this lovely 19yo. The lack of skid marks, an engaged emergency brake, the transmission in the park position tells me that it wasn't an accident. JMO

Only my opinion which is subject to change without prior notice.

There is a video on youtube showing a 14yom applying rubbing alcohol on his chest as part of a "fire challenge". His mother filmed the action. He was standing in a bathtub of water which is where he planned to dunk his burning body to put out the fire. However, when he lights the rubbing alcohol, it ignites into large flames reaching above his face. He screams in fear, runs out of the bathroom in a panic and while in pain, he runs through the house. His mom urges him to go into the bathtub water. It took 17 seconds to put the fire out. His chest, legs and arms suffered large 2nd and 3rd degree burns. His mother has been arrested.

Jessica was unrecognizable. I fear her hair was gone and skin melted. I am not sure the physicians would allow her mother to see her daughter's charred remains. Perhaps by telling the parents that lighter fluid was poured in her nose and throat was a way of gently persuading her mom not to see her while at the hospital in Memphis. Otherwise, Jessica's head could have covered with gauze so that only small slits for her eyes and little holes for her nose remained uncovered depending on the amount of damage. I happen to believe it was poured in her nostrils and down her throat. I do not believe she was able to speak while laying aside her passenger's side door on the ground. I read somewhere that, judging by the damages, it likely took 20 minutes for the car to burn to the degree that it did.

Jessica was lured by an attraction of some type. Her casual pj bottoms tell me she wasn't prepared for hanging out. Party means different things to different people. The party could have been a job between two or more people. It could have been a gathering of friends around a campfire. "Party and play (PNP and PnP) is a phenomenon and subculture of recreational drug users who engage in sexual activities with one another...". Meth is usually a drug of choice for these type parties because it offers a euphoric high.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_and_play

I am inclined to lean toward a party where a mickey was slipped into her drink of choice. [In much the same way Natalee Holloway was drugged during her last night alive.] She was raped and driven to the embankment, or her party was already happening on the embankment, where the final horrendous deed was performed. The scalp injury, imo, is caused by the high heat or a thermal fracture. BC used the word "squirted" lighter fluid into her nose and mouth. It's possible lighter fluid, the kind used to start a charcoal grill was used. The experienced Firemen would recognize the odor straight away. It could have been a combination of flammable liquids; the charcoal lighter fluid for squirting her and gasoline for dousing her car.

Personally, I wish it were an accidental car wreck for it's difficult to acknowledge a mad dog killing psychopath brutally murdered this lovely 19yo. The lack of skid marks, an engaged emergency brake, the transmission in the park position tells me that it wasn't an accident. JMO

Only my opinion which is subject to change without prior notice.

BBM...Do you have a MSM link that verifies she was found by the passenger side door of her car? This is a detail that matters a lot to me, and AFAIK, it has never been stated other than in a friend's Twitter post.

There's a bounty out on the unknown questions below. Sorry, no cash reward.

Top 10 Unknowns of the Day:
  1. Where was the house fire located before the call went out for JC?
  2. Was an accelerant actually used on JC? What?
  3. Where is the autopsy report? [Darby said at the first presser that he would be jumping up and down to let everyone know the results!]
  4. Where was the party? Was there really a party?
  5. Who was the 911 caller? What exactly did the caller say? Which direction were they heading when they spotted JC and her car? Where was JC at the time? Where is that caller now?
  6. Was the 911 call even recored vs. direct call to Fire Chief?
  7. Where was JC heading before she was killed?
  8. What was Mister and Sha Sha arrested for the other day?
  9. Who else has been arrested in the past week that have connections to JC?
  10. What connection (if any) does TMY, Jr. have to JC/Panola County?

A big fat MOO prefaces the following:

Ben Chambers needs to stop talking to the press. Period. I feel horribly for his loss but his continued speaking to the press only serves to muddy some already very muddy waters and serves no useful purpose.

Some community members suggested the murder might be rooted in gang violence — a claim officials have not commented on. But Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said a high-ranking gang member called him to offer the gang's condolences.

“They're very upset about it. They said you wouldn't even do a dog like that," he told the newspaper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...view-100-teen-burning-death-article-1.2075791

Reward in Jessica Chambers case now $43,000

A few interesting quotes from the latest news article:

BBM
Interesting that a high-ranking gang member reached out to BC. See, these thugs still have a soft spot in their heart IMO. :heartluv:

We've also heard that same statement from LF (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/) @ 1:20.

I feel bad saying this but Mr. Chambers really should kinda keep quiet. I know it must be very difficult for him but there is already way too much misinformation out there.

Just Really happy FBI upped reward and some jail house snitch might go for it. Even if they aren't greatest witness during a trial sometimes they're the person that starts things going in right direction.

Also, if you're not on twitter, you might try it or at least tweet once a day regarding Jessica Chambers. I block all the horrible people, the rest tweeting for her seem like they truly care and are keeping her "relevent" for lack of a better word.

Reward in Jessica Chambers case now $43,000

A few interesting quotes from the latest news article:

Much public speculation has linked the crime to alleged gangs in the area, but Ben Chambers said someone claiming to be a high-ranking gang member in the area had contacted him to tell him that the gangs in the area were angry and upset about what happened to Jessica as well.

"They're very upset about it. They said you wouldn't even do a dog like that," Ben Chambers said.

BBM
Interesting that a high-ranking gang member reached out to BC. See, these thugs still have a soft spot in their heart IMO. :heartluv:

We've also heard that same statement from LF (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725/) @ 1:20.

1) I am curious how that call from high ranking gang member to BC went. As in how did high ranking gang member introduce himself, as high ranking gang member? or does BC already know this alleged high ranking gang member? Did high ranking gang member have to look BC up in the phone book or was he already in gang member's contacts list/phone?

2) Given how many people are using the dog reference in describing what was done to Jessica and how they wouldn't even do that to a dog, I would hate to be a dog in Panola. Just sayin.

Just throwing my $.02 out here on the subject of accelerant being introduced to Jessica's mouth and nose.

There's not enough factual evidence yet to know one way or the other, but here's a thought that could explain the whole confusion here.

I've been involved in medical situations where different family members hear the doctors' words and come away with vastly differing opinions of what was said. I've felt from the begining that the doctor most likely said something to the affect of, "Considering the injuries, it's as if 'accelerant' was poured into her mouth and nose."

I'm not saying that a doctor would never speak to something as fact, very early on, as I've seen ER docs speak definitively of a diagnosis which turned out to be flat out wrong. But most doctors will dance around definitives until it is known to be fact.

Again, just my $.02 and 100% MOO.

2) Given how many people are using the dog reference in describing what was done to Jessica and how they wouldn't even do that to a dog, I would hate to be a dog in Panola. Just sayin.

RSBM
I can't stand that saying, or similar - like who *would* do that to a dog? It just really bothers me. Just venting.

Just throwing my $.02 out here on the subject of accelerant being introduced to Jessica's mouth and nose.

There's not enough factual evidence yet to know one way or the other, but here's a thought that could explain the whole confusion here.

I've been involved in medical situations where different family members hear the doctors' words and come away with vastly differing opinions of what was said. I've felt from the begining that the doctor most likely said something to the affect of, "Considering the injuries, it's as if 'accelerant' was poured into her mouth and nose."

I'm not saying that a doctor would never speak to something as fact, very early on, as I've seen ER docs speak definitively of a diagnosis which turned out to be flat out wrong. But most doctors will dance around definitives until it is known to be fact.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but yes.

Hi Everyone - been lurking since the beginning of this case. I keep thinking that if accelerant were, in fact, in her nostrils and mouth, another way it could have gotten there was she inhaled it, through her mouth and nose, while it was being splashed or poured on her. Just my two cents on that topic.

I feel bad saying this but Mr. Chambers really should kinda keep quiet. I know it must be very difficult for him but there is already way too much misinformation out there.

Just Really happy FBI upped reward and some jail house snitch might go for it. Even if they aren't greatest witness during a trial sometimes they're the person that starts things going in right direction.

Also, if you're not on twitter, you might try it or at least tweet once a day regarding Jessica Chambers. I block all the horrible people, the rest tweeting for her seem like they truly care and are keeping her "relevent" for lack of a better word.

What did BC say that we know to be misinformation? I think I missed something.

I find it far too coincidental that BC said doctors told the family and AA has said LE told him about the accelerant. That's two different sources providing very similar information.

JMO

I'm not sure what to think of the reward. My emotions are mixed. Glad to see help and pray it leads to justice, but I'm bummed too because it's a sign they obviously don't have the case or evidence we had hoped they had while silently awaiting DNA etc. Since its raised by FBI, really worries me.

Hi Everyone - been lurking since the beginning of this case. I keep thinking that if accelerant were, in fact, in her nostrils and mouth, another way it could have gotten there was she inhaled it, through her mouth and nose, while it was being splashed or poured on her. Just my two cents on that topic.

I think part of the reason it is so hard to figure out is that the mind behind this is messed up but not smart, it seems to me. They can burn a beautiful very slight young woman alive and walk away from it. Innately, we all know inside deep down that's an inhuman thing to do. Research shows that even pre-humans may have felt the same. Not all societies burn their dead even. Since following Jessica Chamber's burning alive, I've learned that burning is often enough used to cover murders, but after the fact. The messed up mind who did this first of all needed to do this enough to take the risk to do it. They chose to burn her alive in pain, no mercy. That's not a lot of people, that's one messed up mind, it seems to me. Not smart, because an attempt was made at staging but what they staged was convoluted. That being said, it may have been somebody who knew enough about the location to know how this would play out. It seems like something crazy and off the cuff by somebody local given the chance of doing something they wanted to for a long time, but not local who would be associated with that spot, to me. It's very hard to make sense to myself even, as I read all the WSers great posts. So sorry if this makes no sense.

They chose this place either due to circumstance, may have needed to get back for an alibi because they thought they would be a suspect or to get away on foot. Or it could have been as far as they got with her. Or it could have been a place to that meant something to them and/or to send a message. Can the consequences say anything about the suspect?

Link to Ben Chambers' statements on what he believes or was told happened to his daughter:

http://www.people.com/article/missi...death-jessica-chambers-told-police-who-did-it

I know this has been posted earlier, but it is helpful to have it handy when there is new discussion of his statements.

I don't know if Doctors told him personally about accelerant being poured down JC's throat or if he is conflating Doctors with paramedics, who evidently told this to someone early enough that AA was posting it on social media by 11 PM.

I think the "telephone game" is definitely at play for some of the contradictory stuff that various people have said. JMO

I've got my husband addicted to this case now..
Makes for great discussion but my husband is stuck on the gas can man.
He is convinced that the gas can man is involved in some way and he will not back down from that.
No matter what I say....his response is "oookkk...but the gas can man set that car on fire or gave that gas can to someone else who set that car on fire. Either way HE'S INVOLVED."

Needless to say he's not hearing anything else if it does not involve the gas can man.

I agree that the family could have heard a reference to accelerant and taken it as fact. But I still don't get AA's reference to it.

FWIW, I feel like the accelerant theorizing had to come from somewhere ... IMO, it's not something that one would just pull out of thin air. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't feel it's something that a parent would gravitate toward. The burning itself seems horrific enough ... would a parent (or even a friend/acquaintance) think of that without an outside suggestion? If so, I feel like there should be a reason, i.e., a person suspected that someone wanted to "silence" or make an example of her. (I don't lean toward this being gang-related, BTW ... just saying that the accelerant statement confuses me. A doctor suggesting it makes it more logical, IMO.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper