MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte's expression in her mug shot of 12/8 is very telling. she looks extremely distressed. could be from grief, could be from fear. I get the sense it was total fear.

Do you mean the mug shot? That is disturbing to me and has made me feel sorry for her. I think she is afraid, too. I can speculate, but I really don't know why. I think that she feels guilty, but I don't think that she was in on JC's murder. Puzzling. JMO LOL DUH, yes, cady, mug shot.

Do you mean the mug shot? That is disturbing to me and has made me feel sorry for her. I think she is afraid, too. I can speculate, but I really don't know why. I think that she feels guilty, but I don't think that she was in on JC's murder. Puzzling. JMO

yah. I know. it's hard to tell if it's guilt, fear or grief. maybe all of them. and maybe also shock?
she looks much different in her mug shot of 1/9/15.

If we could know for sure that she did feel her lifetime fitting material for an autobiography even before she turned 21, I think it's an important clue regarding her character: ego-driven self-assurance, or merely the need to project same? Bright vanity, or dark vexation; self-confidence, or self-doubt? It seems to me to signify a certain world-weariness, perhaps a kind of bipolarity; but it could also as easily be read as a victory statement -- of perseverance, of beating the odds.

What do you guys think?

I think it would be like most anyone else. You think to yourself (or someone tells you), "I (you) should write a book about [whatever topic]" and that's about as far as that project gets. Even professional writers and teachers/professors have difficulty actually starting to write a whole book, IMO.

If she had something that she felt was important to communicate, or if she truly enjoyed writing, I would expect to find lengthy posts by her on FB or a blog. I have never seen her FB account. Did she write much on there?

Did she take any community college classes in writing or literature? Even if she was not pursuing a degree, I would expect her to do at least that much if she really enjoyed writing or wanted to write a book.

At 19, I would have said, "Ha-ha-ha, no story here," but that's just me and there was no internet and self-publishing was truly a vanity pursuit.

JMO

eta - What would she write about that anyone would pay for?

yah. I know. it's hard to tell if it's guilt, fear or grief. maybe all of them. and maybe also shock?

To me it seemed she looked heartbroken. Almost as if it was in her power to stop this if she'd only seen what was really happening.

To me it seemed she looked heartbroken. Almost as if it was in her power to stop this if she'd only seen what was really happening.

heartbroken. yes. that's the look. could not identify it.

I think it would be like most anyone else. You think to yourself (or someone tells you), "I (you) should write a book about [whatever topic]" and that's about as far as that project gets. Even professional writers and teachers/professors have difficulty actually starting to write a whole book, IMO.

If she had something that she felt was important to communicate, or if she truly enjoyed writing, I would expect to find lengthy posts by her on FB or a blog. I have never seen her FB account. Did she write much on there?

Did she take any community college classes in writing or literature? Even if she was not pursuing a degree, I would expect her to do at least that much if she really enjoyed writing or wanted to write a book.

At 19, I would have said, "Ha-ha-ha, no story here," but that's just me and there was no internet and self-publishing was truly a vanity pursuit.

JMO

eta - What would she write about that anyone would pay for?

I have thought that perhaps as therapy, she was encouraged to write a journal and probably enjoyed the exercise because it was a relief to express herself and maybe enlightening, in retrospect. So, she was inspired to keep it up and had the (albeit) brief positive reinforcement to do so from a writer, Linda Oliver. JMO

In the early December 2014 mugshot, she is wearing county-provided clothing. In this month's mugshot, she has civies on. Any explanation?

In the early December 2014 mugshot, she is wearing county-provided clothing. In this month's mugshot, she has civies on. Any explanation?

Why would a new mug shot be needed? Do they do a mug shot after each arrest? Have not seen this newest mug shot.

Maybe she had already been arrested for something else and then brought in from jail for questioning? Honestly have no idea how things work down in that county. Maybe the photographer didn't get that until after she was already booked that day. Too many maybe's in this post. lol

The fact that her mom said she couldn't leave the house makes me wonder if she might have been under house arrest for a period of time.

From this ongoing discussion, it sheds a little light into issues going on at home that we have not considered. Once a child graduates high school, they are the ruler of their own world - in their minds! Wonder what HAD been discussed or planned for Jessica to do after graduation?

She had been out of high school for a year and a half. What had she been doing in this time? Had she been sleeping in, partying late into the night, texting, and on Facebook? Now this type of partying she would have gotten cleaned up or at least dressed better than she did that Sat. night. We heard she had just recently gotten her job at Goody's, was she working some other place?

As a parent, I can imagine the tension and disaccord in that home with a teen sitting around doing nothing! Of course the teenager can't understand why this upsets the parent! The teen is talking to friends and getting their "view" on how to handle the situation. And we have no knowledge but suspicious that drugs and/or alcohol MAY have been used.IMO IMO. Living inside Lisa's house probably was a constant fight between mother and daughter. IMO.

What did Jessica do that year out of high school? How did she go from being a cheerleader to hanging around with this older crowd? We have never heard anyone comment on her from her high school days, to my knowledge.

Do you mean the mug shot? That is disturbing to me and has made me feel sorry for her. I think she is afraid, too. I can speculate, but I really don't know why. I think that she feels guilty, but I don't think that she was in on JC's murder. Puzzling. JMO LOL DUH, yes, cady, mug shot.
Afraid because she KNOWS who did it or afraid because she has no clue? I know if I lived in that town, until the person(s) is caught, I would be afraid either way.

The whole paranoid thing is sticking with me. It could've been drug use. Or maybe she had reason to be paranoid. I mean, she wound up being murdered, after all, so...could be that there was something or someone to be afraid of.

From this ongoing discussion, it sheds a little light into issues going on at home that we have not considered. Once a child graduates high school, they are the ruler of their own world - in their minds! Wonder what HAD been discussed or planned for Jessica to do after graduation?

She had been out of high school for a year and a half. What had she been doing in this time? Had she been sleeping in, partying late into the night, texting, and on Facebook? Now this type of partying she would have gotten cleaned up or at least dressed better than she did that Sat. night. We heard she had just recently gotten her job at Goody's, was she working some other place?

As a parent, I can imagine the tension and disaccord in that home with a teen sitting around doing nothing! Of course the teenager can't understand why this upsets the parent! The teen is talking to friends and getting their "view" on how to handle the situation. And we have no knowledge but suspicious that drugs and/or alcohol MAY have been used.IMO IMO. Living inside Lisa's house probably was a constant fight between mother and daughter. IMO.

What did Jessica do that year out of high school? How did she go from being a cheerleader to hanging around with this older crowd? We have never heard anyone comment on her from her high school days, to my knowledge.

I have wondered that from the beginning. I haven't seen it stated anywhere that she had another job besides Goody's. I realize the job market isn't great in the small area but by 19 almost 20 most teens have held 2-3 jobs working for extra spending money during high school and especially after graduation if they aren't attending college full time.

I will give Sha Sha the benefit of the doubt here and assume she's just scared and heartbroken. Set the friendship aside, if my neighbor with whom I had conversed with on many occasions, was brutally murdered, I don't think I would handle that well. And we all grieve in different ways, so I never try to judge anyone in their grief. I have been suspect of her since the beginning because of the party thing, but maybe I was being unfair? Hard to say.

My thoughts on Jessica's book was that since she was a child she had grown up in homes where sidestepping the rules were heard early. I don't know how to phrase that. This is referring to her father and mother's arrest records that are public records.

Combine that with stories she has heard or knows of, plus add in the time around gang members she dated, and that young lady could write a powerful book. IMO. Who knows what all she knows? If the book was made into a movie, well, just wow! One can hope that better things in life were in store for Jessica.

I will give Sha Sha the benefit of the doubt here and assume she's just scared and heartbroken. Set the friendship aside, if my neighbor with whom I had conversed with on many occasions, was brutally murdered, I don't think I would handle that well. And we all grieve in different ways, so I never try to judge anyone in their grief. I have been suspect of her since the beginning because of the party thing, but maybe I was being unfair? Hard to say.

Her comments:

• They left the party
  • That's when it happened
  • It wasn't supposed to go that far
  • We don't know what happened
  • I've known her forever

I have wondered that from the beginning. I haven't seen it stated anywhere that she had another job besides Goody's. I realize the job market isn't great in the small area but by 19 almost 20 most teens have held 2-3 jobs working for extra spending money during high school and especially after graduation if they aren't attending college full time.

Jessica lived in a very small community. Probably not many job opportunities besides babysitting and the like.

How & when did she get the car?

:nevermind:
Sorry, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in MSM, so I removed what I wrote. It was from a source that isn't considered reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc