MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madame MizStery, we walk along the same path.

I watched a marathon of Lt Kenda last night during my insomnia. One case was an arson investigation. He said, "An arsonist enjoys watching his fire. It fascinates him. It's human nature to be fascinated by fires. They usually draw a large crowd." In that case, the arsonist had singed the laces on his shoes. Busted!

From his Twitter:
Joe Kenda ‏@LtJoeKenda Jan 26
Watch the new HH tonight at 10 Eastern. An arsonist, like a bomber, doesn't care who or how many he kills. He defines evil.

On Jan 27, Canal Street in New Orleans was blocked off in both directions this week due to a 6 alarm fire. The FC said, "we are talking to someone." when asked if it was a suspicious fire. The fire was in the area near where the Roosevelt Hotel is across from the newly renovated Orpheum.
Fire started on the 2nd floor of the bldg. One man was on the 2nd floor without injuries.
News conference with NOFC:
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/nofd-were-pretty-sure-on-cause-of-fire/37662536
More videos some taken with spectators with iPads/phones that weren't allowed to get too close to the blaze.
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...fire-burning-in-downtown-new-orleans/37660758
Can't find it now but one photo showed a nearby building with a large painted sign hanging from the outer railing "Thanks NOFD for saving our building."

bbbd4u, it was determined that the fire became at least as hot as 500 degrees or hotter to burn the rubber tires. So a metal purse, bracelet or ring should survive the blaze according to your chart. jmho

Mizstery, I won't critique your theory, but will add one point about your statement, "whoever managed this crime scene was no novice with accelerants,burn times & handling flash fires etc."

If gasoline was used (and due to the extensive burning of the car, inside and out, I really think it was) then it had to be someone experience with such use. To get that kind of complete burning, the car had to be doused inside and out, IMO. Gasoline is very volatile, and in confined spaces, downright explosive. Even with all the windows rolled down, partially vaporized gasoline in the passenger compartment would have made a very loud "whooshing" noise when ignited, might even have created enough instantaneous pressure to blow out both windshields. The killer(s) would have been battling two things: anxiety over being caught, and fear of becoming part of the conflagration. Any gasoline spilled on the perp(s) could have resulted in the perp(s) being ignited along with the car, from the blowback. And at that time of year especially, with the air cold and dry, a simple static electricity spark from a sleeve brushing across a metal door could have touched it off. So the dousing had to be done very carefully, or at least as carefully as time permitted, since a passing car at any point could have caught the criminal(s) in the act. It is even plausible that everything was ready to go at some point, but the perp(s) waited a few minutes to be sure any approaching car headlights passed by before igniting it.

snip
JMO

These are precisely my thoughts on the carefulness and knowledge of the homicidal arsonist(s). It was not their first time. The DA told us that. The blowback is why I felt a molotov or two was thrown for igniting the inferno.

Bemoaning the lack of insurance payout: USA TODAY Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 5:14 p.m. EDT June 5, 2015

"....Ben Chambers said. It comes in some forms that are harder to process on another level. Because of various technicalities, his county life insurance policy with Met Life is holding out on the meager $10,000 life insurance policy he had for his family. It cost $10,000 to bury Jessica, he said, and after his son, Allen, was killed in a car accident in 2012, that's why he kept the policy.

Jessica's auto insurance policy won't pay because she didn't wreck, there wasn't another car involved, and she didn't die because of her car, Ben Chambers said."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/n...a-chambers-case-six-months-old-cold/28559733/

There were several funds set up for the family. BC and LD split tens of thousands of dollars between them. I was a contributor on the third day. I gave with a good heart for a lovely young lady who didn't deserve to be set afire while alive.

So, BC had life insurance policies on both Allen and Jessica. Why? Allen was a 28yo young man soon to be married and Jessica was 19yo. Perhaps he intended to use it to bury his children. Why would he expect them to die anytime soon? Why not purchase burial insurance instead?

I never purchased a life insurance policy on my child (that just would be too weird to me) but did carry a burial policy. I bought college insurance when she was in elementary school, mostly to help a friend starting a new insurance business. When she scholarshipped, the investment was returned and the agent kept the accrued interest. So, how many of you purchase life insurance, not including burial insurance, on your children? I am puzzled by paying for a life insurance policy on a 28yo son and a 19yo young lady.

Another thing I want to know is why does the front door to Ben's mechanic shop/garage on Carlisle street, the one next door to his own manufactured home, have a professionally made sign that reads: "Sheriff's Department"? Really? Ben's garage is the Sheriff's Dept.? I have seen him wearing Sheriff Dept. jackets with badges on them. I am annoyed. Please forgive me.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DeDee
The Dec 6 Time Line according to People magazine (pages 46-47):

6:30 P.M. - Mystery Hour: Police say they now know who Jessica was with from 6:30 to 7:32 P.M., when she arrived on Herron Road. Says Champion: "That hour holds the key to solving our case. I'm cautiously optimistic."

8:09 P.M. - A motorist calls to report a burning car a mile away from the M&M mini-mart. Jessica dies at 2:37 A.M.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Classito
30 minutes burning=Jessica/car was burned approximately the same time that LE put her/car at scene (7:31)

Classito

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DeDee
The first fire occurs about the time Jessica returns to C'land at 6:30. With tech available that cannot place her phone at a particular location, either her ph was turned off or the battery was removed. DA Champion said about this 6:30 - 7:31 or 7:32 time period: "She was in Courtland moving about but we don't know where exactly."

Jessica is at her final CS one hour later at 7:32.

Could it be this simple? Justin Turner said the first fire that both he and Cole Haley were at was an hour before the Herron Road fire.

I prefer DA Champion's TL not the TL that CVFFCH and Sheriff Darby quote. Do the math:Justin Turner says 1st first fire 1hour=6:30 exactly one hour prior to CS at 7:32 on Herron Road.

6:30 P.M. - Mystery Hour: Police say they now know who Jessica was with from 6:30 to 7:32 P.M., when she arrived on Herron Road. Says Champion: "That hour holds the key to solving our case. I'm cautiously optimistic."

The mystery hour would be precisely at the 6:30 mark. The time according to Justin Turner of the the first fire. So they know who she was with BUT not where.

Is is it possible Jessica was already brutalized and the perp(s) drove around Courtland planning the inferno on Herron Road to destroy evidence?

But,why the discrepancy with the cell call from 6:48 to 7:13 that LD said she made to Jessica? DA Champion initially leaves out of the TL but later blows off as brief AND contradicts Lisa that it was Jessica that made that call.Something odd going on the Jessica's cell phone would be my hunch.But,hey we've know the entire cell phone signal,discussion of SIM card,battery missing from cell phone throw away at CS was under a cloud of suspicion.

While I'm bringing up TL and alibi's. Detective Barry Thompson writes a letter that said Ben Chambers never a suspect. Yet very pointedly DA Champion does not include Ben Chambers as people cleared. Oh yeah,then there's the he was shopping in Memphis NO Ben was in the shower when contacted that his daughter was mortally burned on Herron Road.

Ranch quote: "Fire makes TL very tight for alibi."

Question where was the first fire? Start putting alibi's under microscope.

Let that sink in. THINK ABOUT IT ONE WORD "ALIBI"

Someone's lying and I think the TL makes it obvious where to turn up plenty of interrogation pressure.

Finally,good to see Foxfire is reading /following this horrific case.He wears many hats not the least of which is FireChief. I appreciate his contributions over the years to Webseluths threads.

Please do not quote unless link to Websleuths. :tyou:

:cow:​

My husband and I had life insurance on our children until they turned 18. It was provided thru his employer. I don't see it that unusual for minor children. My dearest friend lost her child to a lengthy illness. Her child's life insurance made a huge help in paying medical bills. Just a tidbit of peace of mind.

"....Ben Chambers said. It comes in some forms that are harder to process on another level. Because of various technicalities, his county life insurance policy with Met Life is holding out on the meager $10,000 life insurance policy he had for his family. It cost $10,000 to bury Jessica, he said, and after his son, Allen, was killed in a car accident in 2012, that's why he kept the policy.

Jessica's auto insurance policy won't pay because she didn't wreck, there wasn't another car involved, and she didn't die because of her car, Ben Chambers said."

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/n...a-chambers-case-six-months-old-cold/28559733/

So, BC had life insurance policies on both Allen and Jessica. Why? Allen was a 28yo young man soon to be married and Jessica was 19yo. Perhaps he intended to use it to bury his children. Why would he expect them to die anytime soon? Why not purchase burial insurance instead?

I never purchased a life insurance policy on my child (that just would be too weird to me) but did carry a burial policy. I bought college insurance when she was in elementary school, mostly to help a friend starting a new insurance business. When she scholarshipped, the investment was returned and the agent kept the accrued interest. So, how many of you purchase life insurance, not including burial insurance, on your children? I am puzzled by paying for a life insurance policy on a 28yo son and a 19yo young lady.

I just want to offer a different explanation as to why he had life insurance on his children with them being so young. I was 6 years old when my mom and step dad took life insurance out on me. It a was a 20 years paid in full life insurance policy the premiums were a little over $500 and its valued at $60,000. I asked my mom why she did that and she told me she thought it would be better to set something up while I was younger for a couple different reasons. One being she knew when she was a young adult she did not have extra money to set up a life insurance policy and she did not have life insurance until she was 26 and because of that age they did not offer the 20 year paid in full she has to pay a premium every month for the rest of her life. Another reason she went with a higher amount was not only to cover the cost of funeral expenses; it would have also went towards any remaining medical bills my insurance didn't cover, it would have also covered extra non-paid time off with my step-dad, dad and step mom had they needed more time off to grieve. She had never heard about burial insurance until just a couple years ago and to be honest I have never heard of burial insurance until I read your post, everyone in my family all has life insurance policies. I suppose it may have a lot to do with what you are taught growing up.

What I think would be beneficial to find out is when did BC based your thoughts and based on mine was when were these life insurance policies taken out on Allen and Jessica? Was it a short time before Allen died? Or did he have this set up when they were young children? If that was the case and he did it while they were young it should not have been something he pondered on keeping it or not keeping it. It is only my opinion but that was a very odd statement.

We have to wait until 5pm,but I hope this is breaking news!Fox13 Memphis

Please,let them be checking alibi's.

Sheriff Dennis Darby tells me S.O. is closer to catching Chambers
killer. Story at 5
:00. bit.ly/1Q0kNjf

Two later Tweets from Tom Dees(Sorry, not much detail):

A long road to finding Jessica's killer. The latest update here at 5:00. bit.ly/1Q0kNjf

Latest on Jessica Chambers at 5:00. bit.ly/1Q0kNjf

We have to wait until 5pm,but I hope this is breaking news!Fox13 Memphis

Please,let them be checking alibi's.

Sheriff Dennis Darby tells me S.O. is closer to catching Chambers
killer. Story at 5
:00. bit.ly/1Q0kNjf
:praying::jail::please:

Regarding car insurance. If you only have liability coverage and not full coverage; Then they don't pay for your car or personal injury. Jmo. Liability is like $12 a month and it only takes care of basic things regarding a outside victim. This is why any car loan place makes it mandatory to have Full Coverage.

Also if the payment was a day late that month; Then you are not insured for that time. Jmo. This is the same as life insurance. Some people have a 20 year policy. But if your demise happens on a day in which your payment for that month was late and not yet received in full. Then you are not covered. They may keep the policy going. But you are not totally covered unless you are fully up to date in payments before an accident or death occurs.

Jmo

More Darby Grand Standing,if you want;you can skip & just read the highlighted red

I am so embarrassed :blushing: and apologize to Vedder,DexterMorgan,bluesneakers and all Websleuths:

I was so excited that Tom Dees was going to have a story on Jessica with news on Jessica by Sheriff Darby.

But,this is "it" the 5 O'clock story ta tah 'surprise' nothing.I am so sorry. Just totally sorry to each of you~all Darby does what he does best epic Grand Standing.

Days away from her birthday, still no arrest in Jessica Chambers murder

Updated: Jan 29, 2016 - 5:48 PM

Had she lived, Jessica Chambers, would be a few days short of her 21st birthday.

The then-teen was burned alive on a Panola County backroad in 2014. FOX13 has
learned that justice may soon be on the way.

For months, Sheriff Dennis Darby has maintained they are close to finding Jessica’s

killer. He still holds that belief today.

Not wanting to jeopardize the case, Darby chose not to give many details. He did

reassure FOX13 the investigation was moving forward.

In some case, investigators are even re-interviewing of a number of people.

"We have some new leads that are timely, and we feel good about those leads,"

Sheriff Darby said.

And though he remains hopeful, Sheriff Darby said he cannot pinpoint when an

arrest will be made.

"It's impossible to give you a timeframe, because it has to be right."

:cow:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justin Turner (the fireman at the alleged first fire) tweeted a while back in response to a question about the first fire that not every call the fire dept responds to is a fire. He would not go into further detail because of privacy concerns.

Classito

Justin Turner (the fireman at the alleged first fire) tweeted a while back in response to a question about the first fire that not every call the fire dept responds to is a fire. He would not go into further detail because of privacy concerns.

Classito

Oh, that's true. They often respond to heart attacks and other medical emergencies, and cats caught in trees, and toddlers stuck in drainpipes (happened near us last summer). In many municipalities, they respond to auto accidents where the door needs to be pried open, because the tool they use is bulky and easier to carry on the big fire truck than in a police car.

:hearno:Old story from last May 2015.

Read and weep;what a travesty to justice and the investigation Sheriff Darby perpetrated on Dec 6,2014 at the CS on Herron Road. Wouldn't you think the CS of an arson with a beautiful young woman burned alive would warrant as much attention to detail? Gosh CVFFCH must have some training in arson investigation. Wouldn't his instincts kick in. I assume he was appointed CVFF because of his knowledge and ability to process complex life and death emergencies especially since there is an arsonist(s) who needs apprehending loose on the community?Wouldn't he take a proactive lead until Sheriff Darby arrives? Or did Sheriff Darby in that initial call give CVFFCH a much different directive to the processing of Herron Road CS? What about the local community afraid for their own families;Sheriff Darby must have felt a great sense of urgency! CVFFCH and Sheriff Darby are trained professionals who take an oath to put public safety above all else.There are so many people who have tirelessly sought Justice for Jessica;it's just devastating to watch the pitiful response from Sheriff Darby to Tom Dees questioning in yesterday's interview. Or,is there really no sense of urgency because suicides,car accidents,heart failure or sudden death syndrome,shooting and arsonists in the community are met with an utter sense of hopelessness i.e. blame(you fill in the blank)chronic gangs.No,it can't be that the community just reelected Sheriff Darby. I am disheartened,they deserve so much better.

What this article demonstrates to me is
we would have been NONE the wiser without Ali's SM postings and the image of a smoldering Kia unattended in front of the M&M. For that at least we need to acknowledge Ali.

OK,I was hoping for a little more detail from the Tom Dees press conference yesterday with Sheriff Darby;when I happened to reread the following article from last May 2015 in the Panolian.

The part that jumped out at me is (highlighted in red)
If only Jessica's CS had been so painstakingly secured,searched and investigated.
Link
http://www.panolian.com/contentitem/396852/1180/investigators-confident-in-shooting-investigation

5/27/15 The Panolian
This was an article on the handling of a Tuesday night altercation on Shiloh Road back in May 2015. The incident was, "an on-going fight over a female," according to District Attorney Champion multiple shots were fired outside the home where the assailants were found.<snip>apparent the loser of a fist fight re-appeared with friends with guns.

<snip>

Shooting incident occurred May 2015 at Shiloh Road west of 51 Highway near Courtland between 8-8:30 p.m.The area was quickly secured and later canine units were used from Emergency Management and Batesville's Special Ops unit for a grid search to find any more potential victims or evidence, Darby said.

Sheriff Darby also commended Batesville's Spec Ops unit anPanola County Emergency Management Agency.

Although not too specific, Sheriff Dennis Darby, S.O. investigator Barry Thompson, Assistant DA Jay Hale along with DA Champion revealed that multiple shots were fired outside the home where the assailants were found.

<snip>

Oh BTW, Jessica did get a shout out by Detective Barry Thompson. Detective Thompson who has worked ( LD and BC have the utmost confidence he will find Jessica killers)on the Jessica Chambers case for the majority of the past six months, said Tuesday's shooting incident was much easier to investigate, with people willing to come forward and assist with the investigation.
<snip>

Well,to conclude~that's all. I tried to get more info from the Tom Dees interview with Sheriff Darby but there is just nothing happening. :hearno:

Please do not repost unless linked to Websleuths.
:cow:

I am going to end with just one more pondering question. Is there anything made known that Jessica always carried with her that wouldnt have perished in the fire? Like was there some kind of metal on a purse or wallet, jewelry, brass knuckles etc. that can be linked back to Jessica? Here is a link to the melting point of some metals for a reference point. http://bit.ly/1Sf3Nqz

Maybe a "gold" doubloon (actually plated aluminum) from the Mardi Gras? Or perhaps a 1923 Morgan silver dollar from a beloved grandparent? How about a cross on a necklace, or a charm bracelet? Could it be her class ring from SPHS? A windproof Zippo lighter?

I wish they'd interview the FBI SAC in Jackson, Classito. Sure, it's a three hour drive from Memphis, instead of the one hour hop to Batesville, but might glean more information than this interview, which could have conveyed the same information anytime between now and 12/6/2014. The Panola County Sherriff's Dept. is not the only LE agency involved. Need to dig deeper than these trivial efforts of going through the motions every birthday or anniversary of the crime.

JMO

Oh, that's true. They often respond to heart attacks and other medical emergencies, and cats caught in trees, and toddlers stuck in drainpipes (happened near us last summer). In many municipalities, they respond to auto accidents where the door needs to be pried open, because the tool they use is bulky and easier to carry on the big fire truck than in a police car.

A lot of the fire trucks around here "respond" to a call at our local Firehouse Subs right around lunchtime. Probably not so much for a rural VFD though.

Darby is constantly stuck on repeat.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

A lot of the fire trucks around here "respond" to a call at our local Firehouse Subs right around lunchtime. Probably not so much for a rural VFD though.

Yeah, here too :) Panera is a favorite...

I wonder if the ones in Jessica's area favor Ali's sandwich shop. No, not implying anything.

In searching for any other gas stores nearby M&Ms, (M&Ms sells Krispy Krunchy chicken), it was discovered that M&Ms goes by the same name as McCullars First Stop that claims to be an auto repair shop.

M & M First Stop
8967 Highway 51, Courtland, MS 38620
(662) 563-3000

Visit Website: http://www.krispykrunchy.com/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=1700
http://www.yellowpages.com/courtland-ms/mip/m-m-first-stop-4269397

Mc Cullars First Stop &#8195;
Auto Repair Shop
Address: 8967 US-51, Courtland, MS 38620
Phone: (662) 563-3000

Google map 8967 Highway 51:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...55c463d9a9e4b7!2m2!1d-89.9373543!2d34.2481059

In a search for Courtland, MS, fast food shops, they all appear to be in Batesville.

In searching for any other gas stores nearby M&Ms, (M&Ms sells Krispy Krunchy chicken), it was discovered that M&Ms goes by the same name as McCullars First Stop that claims to be an auto repair shop.

M & M First Stop
8967 Highway 51, Courtland, MS 38620
(662) 563-3000

Visit Website: http://www.krispykrunchy.com/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=1700
http://www.yellowpages.com/courtland-ms/mip/m-m-first-stop-4269397

Mc Cullars First Stop &#8195;
Auto Repair Shop
Address: 8967 US-51, Courtland, MS 38620
Phone: (662) 563-3000

Google map 8967 Highway 51:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...55c463d9a9e4b7!2m2!1d-89.9373543!2d34.2481059

In a search for Courtland, MS, fast food shops, they all appear to be in Batesville.

There is another one I posted awhile back with the same owner. Will have to locate post.

On another note, it's been awhile since I looked at Google street view of M&M. I think it's time they take down their flags and throw them in the garbage! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025