MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last paragraph a quote from Jessica's mother Lisa Daughtery:
Family Copes As Mystery of Jessica Chambers' Death Lingers:

She was a bad seed there for a minute," Lisa mused, "but she had got to where she was that sweet girl again."

I have never,ever,ever heard 'bad seed' come out of the mouth of any parent in any case I have ever read.NEVER I would appreciate to know what a FBI Profiler's thoughts would be?

Two Definitions:
1)Movie 'Bad Seed' plot line-is an evil sociopath born to normal parents. A precocious con artist who uses her cute, innocent facade to manipulate adults to get what she wants.

2)Merriam-Webster dictionary

bad seed -
person who is dishonest, evil, or unprincipled by nature : an innately bad person

Please do do not quote unless linked to Websleuths. :tyou:
:cow:

She was a bad seed there for a minute," Lisa mused, "but she had got to where she was that sweet girl again."

I have never,ever,ever heard 'bad seed' come out of the mouth of any parent in any case I have ever read.NEVER I would appreciate to know what a FBI Profiler's thoughts would be?

Two Definitions:
1)Movie 'Bad Seed' plot line-is an evil sociopath born to normal parents. A precocious con artist who uses her cute, innocent facade to manipulate adults to get what she wants.

bad seed -
person who is dishonest, evil, or unprincipled by nature : an innately bad person

Welp, that blew my mind.

Mum needs to get back to her plastic flowers.

Another one of these.

SALT LAKE CITY — A man died Saturday afternoon after setting himself on fire at Flying J, officials said.

Crews extinguished the fire at 2025 S. 900 West shortly before 4 p.m. Officials believe the person inside the vehicle died by suicide, according to the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
---
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38335080&nid=148

Another one of these.
SALT LAKE CITY — A man died Saturday afternoon after setting himself on fire at Flying J, officials said.

Crews extinguished the fire at 2025 S. 900 West shortly before 4 p.m. Officials believe the person inside the vehicle died by suicide, according to the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
---

wfgodot, I'll never understand self immolation. Almost 3 years ago I was burned in a fire bad enough to require surgery and skin grafts.
I am a chronic pain patient on very strong narcotics (11 years now) for the rest of my life and I screamed all the way to the burn unit and
an ER nurse told me to stop screaming. Witch!

No way would I even fathom setting myself alight or any other person. No way! Poor guy.

Self immolation...not just for the Monks anymore.

Welp, that blew my mind.

Mum needs to get back to her plastic flowers.

Big grins, U2forever, you've obviously never tended a plastic flower patch before -- I suppose plastic flowers would be in better taste than say, a memorial bonfire... but just barely.

Why not be a little more imaginative, LD? Plant that Herron Road CS hillside with some perennials like Jonquils and Daylilies, which will bloom every Spring and every Summer until the cows come home, and in vibrant, cheerful, LIVING color, like yellow and orange? Those initial bulbs you plant will continue to multiply and spread, until the entire Jessica Memorial Hillock will be hard to miss by any Herron Road passersby.

:spring:

JMO

Big grins, U2forever, you've obviously never tended a plastic flower patch before -- I suppose plastic flowers would be in better taste than say, a memorial bonfire... but just barely.

Why not be a little more imaginative, LD? Plant that Herron Road CS hillside with some perennials like Jonquils and Daylilies, which will bloom every Spring and every Summer until the cows come home, and in vibrant, cheerful, LIVING color, like yellow and orange? Those initial bulbs you plant will continue to multiply and spread, until the entire Jessica Memorial Hillock will be hard to miss by any Herron Road passersby.

:spring:

JMO

Thanks! I did not know how that would be received, much to my relief. :clap:

Thanks for the link... although my faith in the media is at an all time low, for the sake of discussion; I 'learned' a few 'new' things from this article!
What I took from this article is that Lisa is collecting plastic flowers to make a garden memorial in the spring.... I'm going to leave that alone for the moment; also, BC is 100% confident that LE has identified those responsible and that they will be brought in soon. So, according to this article and BC, we can all sit back and relax now, because LE has got this under control! There was more than one person involved in JC's murder, LE knows exactly who those people are, and they will be arrested soon. Oh, and LD is acquiring a hoard of fake flowers yet waiting until spring to make the garden with said plastic flowers. :thinking:.

Also, "Talk in the community is that she had friends who included drug dealers and some who had served prison time."Hmmmmm, that should narrow it down.

Two Definitions:

bad seed -

That is disturbing...at least to me, I admit to in jest ...well, halfway , calling my son
A " little **** " or a " little brat " ...but that was said in a jokingly manner...and the huge difference is that my son is alive and well.
Most parents tend to glorify their deceased child if anything....
Not trying to malign Lisa in any way as I guess we all deal with grief and loss in our own way ....
MOO

wfgodot, I'll never understand self immolation. Almost 3 years ago I was burned in a fire bad enough to require surgery and skin grafts.
I am a chronic pain patient on very strong narcotics (11 years now) for the rest of my life and I screamed all the way to the burn unit and

No way would I even fathom setting myself alight or any other person. No way! Poor guy.

I have the utmost respect for you and am sorry to hear of your injuries.
My ex husband was electrocuted on sa construction job almost 30 years ago...he suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over a large portion of his body.,,I will never forget him coming for home visits in between rounds of skin grafting and having to help him take debridment showers in our home, literally the smell do rotted human flesh .
He use to call his daily showers in that chair they had in the shower the torture shower and the torture chair .
At one point he begged me to bring him his pistol so he could just end it all...then one day we met a four year old who was recovering from burns over 80 percent of his body riding a big wheel down the halls of the burn unit and it clicked with him that if this little innocent four year old could endure he could as well.
Being burned is a very painful experience , recovery is long and hard .
My hat goes off to those who work in the burn units as well as the survivors of burn injuries . You have definitely seen a side of hell right here on earth .
We were fortunate to be near one of the best ( at that time anyway ) burn units in the southeast .
God bless you !

Thanks for the link... although my faith in the media is at an all time low, for the sake of discussion; I 'learned' a few 'new' things from this article!
What I took from this article is that Lisa is collecting plastic flowers to make a garden memorial in the spring.... I'm going to leave that alone for the moment; also, BC is 100% confident that LE has identified those responsible and that they will be brought in soon. So, according to this article and BC, we can all sit back and relax now, because LE has got this under control! There was more than one person involved in JC's murder, LE knows exactly who those people are, and they will be arrested soon. Oh, and LD is acquiring a hoard of fake flowers yet waiting until spring to make the garden with said plastic flowers. :thinking:.

Also, "Talk in the community is that she had friends who included drug dealers and some who had served prison time."Hmmmmm, that should narrow it down.

One other comment (swipe) in that same article caught my eye. Show me one person, another JC excepted, who doesn't have a "darker side".
:angel:

I have the utmost respect for you and am sorry to hear of your injuries.
My ex husband was electrocuted on sa construction job almost 30 years ago...he suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns over a large portion of his body.,,I will never forget him coming for home visits in between rounds of skin grafting and having to help him take debridment showers in our home, literally the smell do rotted human flesh .
He use to call his daily showers in that chair they had in the shower the torture shower and the torture chair .
At one point he begged me to bring him his pistol so he could just end it all...then one day we met a four year old who was recovering from burns over 80 percent of his body riding a big wheel down the halls of the burn unit and it clicked with him that if this little innocent four year old could endure he could as well.
Being burned is a very painful experience , recovery is long and hard .
My hat goes off to those who work in the burn units as well as the survivors of burn injuries . You have definitely seen a side of hell right here on earth .
We were fortunate to be near one of the best ( at that time anyway ) burn units in the southeast .
God bless you !

We can only imagine what Jessica endured her last hours on this earth. You two have first hand knowledge. So sorry for your and your loved one's ordeals. I had a firecracker go off in my hand when I was a kid. It hurt like hell, but only for a little while.

I trust you think along with most of us that only an animal or someone truly insane could do such a thing. I may not live long enough to see (1) a three-year arrest cycle, (2) a three-year trial cycle, and (3) a ten-year appeal cycle. But eventually, Justice for Jessica will be served. In the meantime, I'm hoping the perp(s) have the self-immolation gene.

Blessings,
rbarber17

We can only imagine what Jessica endured her last hours on this earth. You two have first hand knowledge. So sorry for your and your loved one's ordeals. I had a firecracker go off in my hand when I was a kid. It hurt like hell, but only for a little while.

I trust you think along with most of us that only an animal or someone truly insane could do such a thing. I may not live long enough to see (1) a three-year arrest cycle, (2) a three-year trial cycle, and (3) a ten-year appeal cycle. But eventually, Justice for Jessica will be served. In the meantime, I'm hoping the perp(s) have the self-immolation gene.

Blessings,
rbarber17

I might add the caveat that I would hope they would survive for a month or more and have to endure the hell on earth torture that is burn recovery and the endless cycle of skin grafting and rejection followed by debridment of rejected grafts only to be followed by more of the same ....
Only to eventually get a sepsis, pneumonia or other such massive infection which eventually kills them.
Not just a short term hell on earth pain, but a month or preferably more of such torture....then they can die , answer to their higher power and burn in hell on another realm for all eternity...
And I am pretty much a pacifist. ...
That is all...

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume that Lisa doesn't really know the meaning of the term term "bad seed ".
Wild child, rebellious, she was a handful ....for posterity sake, i'd like to think that's what she thinks it means.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume that Lisa doesn't really know the meaning of the term term "bad seed ".
Wild child, rebellious, she was a handful ....for posterity sake, i'd like to think that's what she thinks it means.

I believe that is what she was going for when she said 'bad seed'..Sometimes it is a cultural difference in the meaning of phrases. I wouldn't read too much into her phrase.

As far as plastic flowers..Nothing unusual about those..a lot of people buy plastic flowers for graves...They last longer, require no care and a hellava lot cheaper than the real thing from a florist shop...Despite the tacky look...artificial flowers don cemeteries north south east and west...also along the road sides were accidents occurred and took a life

Chances are the reporter would have wasted their time going to FBI for an interview on the case
" But as federal cases tend to do, the deeper the investigation gets, the less information has seeped through to the public."
"Federal authorities contacted for comment on Monday said they couldn't comment on an ongoing investigation"

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...alks-jessica-chambers-case-emotions/25734909/

Classito

Maybe it's a known burn/road sodie route? (Backroads used to smoke and drink on). The roads in my area are known to everyone, including LE - they are just encouraged to stay in town bc more drama happens at bars, businesses, and between neighbors than anywhere else :-/ jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Not sure where outside hangouts occur in the area, but it does seem like residents have outings, like bonfires etc. See video, http://www.wbrc.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues

Additionally, from the video: did rumored argument occur? Jmo/

I believe that is what she was going for when she said 'bad seed'..Sometimes it is a cultural difference in the meaning of phrases. I wouldn't read too much into her phrase.

As far as plastic flowers..Nothing unusual about those..a lot of people buy plastic flowers for graves...They last longer, require no care and a hellava lot cheaper than the real thing from a florist shop...Despite the tacky look...artificial flowers don cemeteries north south east and west...also along the road sides were accidents occurred and took a life

Chances are the reporter would have wasted their time going to FBI for an interview on the case
" But as federal cases tend to do, the deeper the investigation gets, the less information has seeped through to the public."
"Federal authorities contacted for comment on Monday said they couldn't comment on an ongoing investigation"

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...alks-jessica-chambers-case-emotions/25734909/

Classito

Agreed about the flowers, I live in the Deep South and real flowers definitely would not survive long . It is possible that she is not allowed to do anything permanent as well such as plant flowers in the ground.
The spot where my niece was found murdered is that way, we were allowed to put up a cross, flowers , etc ... As long as it is not permanent and can be removed if necessary .
I just believe that Lisa has in her mind a different definition of the term bad seed than we do.
Not at all surprised by no comment from the FBI...

These are interviews we've been waiting for since her birthday is Tuesday. For me, the "bad seed" remark is only important because Lisa, once again, was not speaking kindly of her daughter. Why even say anything derogatory about your child who died in a horrible inferno while alive and alone? The flowers are a gift from LD to her daughter whether they are plastic, real or imaginary. The collection is giving her life a purpose. That's all.

bbbd4u, I believe that it may have been you who inquired about Jessica's whereabouts in Batesville for those few 10 - 15 minutes.

This google map indicates Jessica was near a neighborhood called the Woodlands and Highway 6. However, the DA said she was spotted at the first red light entering B'ville at the intersection w/ Hwy 6.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kZlkjIsipZPU

On this part of the google map, it indicates that Jessica was at a place called Gurley's at 5:30 which may be the other fast food store that I missed when listing the fast food stores in C'land.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kZlkjIsipZPU

This map omits the residence Jessica was at in Courtland after leaving M&Ms where the DA said he saw a photograph of her taken from a private video "so we know where she was headed".

If Jessica was taken to the Skyline Motel on Hwy 51, as some have speculated, it is very close to the first red light at Hwy 6. If she was last seen with Roscoe Leon Speights, 36, and Ccedrick Wright did they take her to Skyline and then from there to the CS as some have speculated? Roscoe was allegedly the one who recently proposed to Jessica and she turned him down. Roscoe was put on hold by PC jail on Dec 7. Roscoe also filed a civil rights action in MS against its Attorney General and the Forrest County Hospital in Hattiesburg in 2014. (I've posted the link recently.)

This is a google map that contains a bit more information than the one above. Of note, it includes the area of the "Yemen "safe house" location. The possible routes Jessica took to arrive in B'ville.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zEBwtblSH4V4.k9ZqlMLcocag

I cannot take credit for the maps and do not know who to give credit to but we thank you for them.

JMHOO

In searching for any other gas stores nearby M&Ms, (M&Ms sells Krispy Krunchy chicken), it was discovered that M&Ms goes by the same name as McCullars First Stop that claims to be an auto repair shop.

M & M First Stop
8967 Highway 51, Courtland, MS 38620
(662) 563-3000

Visit Website: http://www.krispykrunchy.com/?utm_source=yext&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=1700
http://www.yellowpages.com/courtland-ms/mip/m-m-first-stop-4269397

Mc Cullars First Stop  
Auto Repair Shop
Address: 8967 US-51, Courtland, MS 38620
Phone: (662) 563-3000

Google map 8967 Highway 51:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...55c463d9a9e4b7!2m2!1d-89.9373543!2d34.2481059

In a search for Courtland, MS, fast food shops, they all appear to be in Batesville.
Hi DeeDee your post on other nearby gas stations reminded me of another Sheriff Darby investigation at the Hilltop Grocery in Curtis Station;4 shot, 2 dead in Panola County, Miss. from September 22,2014.This was a couple of months before Jessica's burning on Herron Road December 6,2014.

Has Sheriff Darby ever made any arrests in the Hilltop Grocery double homicide in Curtis back in Sept 22,2014. Four people were shot in Curtis Station"Two of these victims are dead. The other two were shot in the leg and are being treated for their injuries. They are both expected to recover, according to officials.
According to the Panola County Sheriff’s Office Dennis Darby these shootings all occurred at a corner store at the intersection of Curtis and Macedonia roads in Curtis Station,Miss.

Link to video and story:
Sheriff confirms Panola gang disturbance
PANOLA COUNTY, Miss Sept 22,2014 . -- Crime tape still surrounds the Hilltop Grocery in Curtis, Miss., because detectives say this building and the land around it have more to tell.
A shootout here early Saturday left 20-year-old Quendez Robinson and 2 -year-old Rodrick Scurlock dead, and as many as three others injured.
<snip>
It&#8217;s obviously gang-related, you know. We&#8217;ve been going on three years working on gang relationships,&#8221; said Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby
<snip>
in the meantime, people here say seeing the sheriff investigating gives them a little comfort.
&#8221;Well, Sheriff Darby probably has some pretty good suspects. They probably have some leads for starters so that&#8217;ll help. I feel a little bit better, yeah,&#8221; Beaver said.

&#8221;Of course we&#8217;re on top of it. We know what happened, we know who did it,&#8221; Darby said.

And Sheriff Darby says it won&#8217;t take long for him to prove it.
www.wreg.com/2014/09/22/sheriff-confirms-panola-gang-disturbance/

Can anyone explain to me one thing? How excluding Mississippi politics;can Sheriff Darby have earned the unwavering trust of Panola County & the continued privilege of another term as their sheriff. Because if you listen very carefully;Sheriff Darby is telling everyone to leave (you fill in the crime) to me and I will solve it. As,long as this continues Jessica's murder will never be solved. How do I know? First,Sheriff Darby thought Jessica's murder would fade away like so many others. Then,I am also factoring in Sheriff Darby's track record. The people and families in Panola County deserve so much better in my opinion.

Jessica will be celebrating another birthday her 21st without justice on Feb 2nd;thanks go to Trisha & the Webseluths Forum for keeping her murder very much alive;otherwise I fear Jessica's would have became another in a long list of cold cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member