MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by JenaTaoson View Post
@local24tish 2m
This whole thing is tainted now. IF they reach a verdict, it'll end up being thrown out. Jurors been called by name. It's screwed up now. Period. @LocalMemphis #JessicaChambers

That's a very unprofessional reporter. Her timeline is a mess

I dont know about reporters timeline, but that tweet is true.

Prediction, judge will call back jury one more time to reissue the same instruction again.

I think the next time will be the end.....mistrial. If they haven't understood it yet, they won't. And if they haven't reached a unanimous decision by now, they won't.

regarding this....a not guilty verdict would not be thrown out ,would it ?

Good question! I think this is unprecedented! I really doubt they will come back all as not guilty, though.

And sad thing is these were about the easiest jury instructions I have heard. I really wondering if it hung up on the Arson > Murder part. Split

Wonder how many shots of scotch the judge will need tonight? I need a few and I'm not even there.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 15m15 minutes ago
More
Now they're back to deliberating. #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 9m9 minutes ago
More
People outside starting to get upset. "Go find Eric," a woman's yelling. She's also calling the judge a devil. #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 8m8 minutes ago
More
"We're not making this a racist thing," says the woman outside the courthouse. "We want justice for her." #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account
@bchapman_WREG3
Follow Follow @bchapman_WREG3
More
She says, "Who's going to stand up for Quinton?" And others outside are clapping. #JessicaChambers
3:02 PM - 16 Oct 2017

This is certainly unprecedented at least in the last 20 years.

Just imagine the admin changing the status on this thread alone

Guilty...errr....wait

Not Guilty...err..wait

Um, sort of guilty, sort of not...

Worst case scenario is a NG verdict now, because then QT can never be tried again. Both hung jury and G verdict would lead to retrial. Well, I should say “likely” lead to retrial if it’s a G verdict. I just don’t see how the state can defend this jury’s competence and good faith on appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh shoot - getting late here, but I'll stay up for another hour to see what happens....

What could the jury even be discussing at this point? It is clear they are hung ...they just need to say so!

What a mess!! :scared: I believe it should be a mistrial too....

Crumbs! Never seen anything like this. They need to shut this down and declare a mistrial. Awful for the families involved and all the professionals who put so much effort into this. Perhaps the jury is over-tired? I must admit sometimes (I'm English), I've been a bit taken aback when speaking to some of the younger generation here, that they have no idea of the meaning of some quite ordinary words. I suppose society is going through so many changes, and vocabulary seems to be altering/shrinking perhaps because people aren't reading as much, or not reading very widely.

Pretty scary, I'm predicting the Louisiana jury are going to be given quite a bit of "back to basics" when that trial gets underway.

I wonder if there's even a law on the books about this sort of thing. Seems to me like it should be an automatic mistrial, but does this even happen very often, or at all??

Not sure how the guy is but he said he was researching how many times sent back. Found 1 time sent back twice BUT it was not a criminal trial. I sure will be talking about a lot in coming days

What could the jury even be discussing at this point? It is clear they are hung ...they just need to say so!

<modsnip> They probably think they will never be allowed to go home until they are unanimous. Ya know, now that they know what that word means.

I feel bad the state blew all that money on sequestering a jury that is ill-suited to ever be on a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett