MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did she say when they asked her what her name was?
"Jessica Tambers"
Wrapping the blanket around her, [first responder Cole] Haley walked Chambers to the back of the fire truck. When "she couldn't go anymore," he laid her down, and she reached out for his hand.

He asked her name and she responded "Jessica Tambers." With her mouth "just charred black," Haley said he realized she was trying to say "Jessica Chambers."

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2017/10/10/opening-statements-jessica-chambers-trial-start-1-p-m/749585001/

No doubt the defendant is a bad, bad lad -- but she named someone else as her killer.

Unfortunate, perhaps, but such is justice.

I am still not convinced that Jessica did not know QVT by a street name, "Eric":
Champion testified he did meet with Caudle after another inmate, Kenneth Vogt, told his attorney Jeff Odom that Caudle had said Tellis had told him Chambers' nickname for Tellis was "Eric."

source:
"Judge nixes defense motions in Jessica Chambers case, trial to continue as scheduled"
Therese Apel, Mississippi Clarion Ledger
Published 1:04 p.m. CT July 9, 2018
Updated 10:27 a.m. CT July 11, 2018
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2018/07/09/defense-motion-jessica-chambers-case-reaches-closing-arguments/768533002/

MOO

I have the very same questions. From the initial reports of this of this incident, the car was found “ablaze on the side on the road not far from the convenient store.” And Jessica was “walking down the street on fire.” The reports I’ve read state she was found “beside her burning car.”

Seeing the actual scene on the television program, the scene of the car fire was way off the road/street. So the initial reports do not make sense. How could she have been “walking down the street on fire” and “found beside her burning car” when the car was far off the street? If first responders (all volunteer) found her away from the car FIRST, without realizing a car was also involved, OF COURSE, they would assume “someone” did this to her, therefore prompting the question, “Who did this to you?”

This area is extemely rural and from what was shown on the TV program, heavily wooded in the area she would have been walking and especially where the car was found. It is entirely possible first responders did not see the car until AFTER tending to Jessica.

Also, I have not seen anything confirmed by autopsy that any accelerant had been “poured down her throat and into her nose.” If that information has been made available, please provide that.

Reactions: d4j
I have the very same questions. From the initial reports of this of this incident, the car was found “ablaze on the side on the road not far from the convenient store.” And Jessica was “walking down the street on fire.” The reports I’ve read state she was found “beside her burning car.”

Seeing the actual scene on the television program, the scene of the car fire was way off the road/street. So the initial reports do not make sense. How could she have been “walking down the street on fire” and “found beside her burning car” when the car was far off the street? If first responders (all volunteer) found her away from the car FIRST, without realizing a car was also involved, OF COURSE, they would assume “someone” did this to her, therefore prompting the question, “Who did this to you?”

This area is extemely rural and from what was shown on the TV program, heavily wooded in the area she would have been walking and especially where the car was found. It is entirely possible first responders did not see the car until AFTER tending to Jessica.

Also, I have not seen anything confirmed by autopsy that any accelerant had been “poured down her throat and into her nose.” If that information has been made available, please provide that.
ArabianLover,

See attached snapshot taken from Google Earth this evening showing the location where the car was found burning at the side of Herron Rd. (known as Main St. closer to Courtland). This area has changed very little from the photos in 2014. The car was pulled forward up a small embankment on the left of a dirt drive, next to a large pine tree past the end of the fence at the gated entrance. As you can see, it was not "way off the road/street" or "far off the street" and would have been readily visible, and accessible, to anyone on Herron Rd.

There was some confusion in early media reports about what condition Jessica was in, including her being found lying next to her car. My recollection is the first responders were already putting out the car fire when she appeared to them out of the darkness surrounding the brightness of the blazing car, walking along the roadside stiff-legged like a zombie (due to her burns). They made her lie down as they tried to render first aid for her life-threatening injuries, wrapping her in a fireman's coat to keep her warm due to shock. Testimony was that the first responders not only saw the car fire first, but were already working to put it out when Jessica appeared to them at the scene.

Regards,
Clouseau

View attachment 147433

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-16 at 7.38.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-16 at 7.38.21 PM.png
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 57
Clouseau,
Thank you for that. The photos from the TV program last night and the ones I found on-line make it appear that the road is farther away. This photo puts the location in better perspective.

The photos taken from the scene after the car was removed looked like the car came into that area hard. Looks like the car bottomed out from the scrapes left behind. There are burn marks that appear to be caused by something poured, or spilled. But based on the scrape marks, this could be the gas tank rupturing.

Reports that an accelerant was poured down Jessica's throat apparently were erroneous.
Witness Dr. William Hickerson, who oversaw Jessica's treatment at Regional Medical Center in Memphis,
testified that he believes Jessica was sitting in a closed area (i.e., her car) when she was set on fire, evidenced by (a) certain external body areas that were not burned and (b) the soot and burns in her mouth and throat.
See, e.g.:
http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36579343/jurors-to-examine-scene-of-jessica-chambers-murder/

Last edited:
Clouseau,
Thank you for that. The photos from the TV program last night and the ones I found on-line make it appear that the road is farther away. This photo puts the location in better perspective.

The photos taken from the scene after the car was removed looked like the car came into that area hard. Looks like the car bottomed out from the scrapes left behind. There are burn marks that appear to be caused by something poured, or spilled. But based on the scrape marks, this could be the gas tank rupturing.
ArabianLover,

Understood, and you're welcome. As you can see from the photo, the car was only about half the width of the road from the edge of it. Amazing how little things have changed there since December 6, 2014. I hope witness memories will be as unaffected by time during the upcoming retrial. Actually, they'll only need to remember back a year, to their testimony in October 2017.

The front of the car was facing eastward toward Courtland, up the incline and very close to the large pine tree which was partially burned. When the wrecker arrived to carry it to the PCSO impound in Batesville, it was one of those tilt bed type vehicles based on the photos taken by Ali Alsanai at the M&M gas station, where Jessica had gassed up only a few hours earlier. From photos of the crime scene taken in daylight, you could see a straight line impression in the dirt behind where the car had been, apparently where the edge of the tilt bed tow truck dug in while a wench was used to drag the vehicle from its spot on the incline. That was the same night as the murder. There would have been no rubber left on the car's wheels due to the fire, and even the rims were probably locked from turning, either from the fire or from the transmission still being engaged. That effort would have left the deep tracks you've interpreted as the car slamming into the little embankment -- all caused by the car's departure, not its arrival.

I was just reviewing my notes from the trial. The first two responders to arrive on scene did not see Jessica initially, and went to work putting out the car fire. The first person to see her was actually the third firefighter arriving within minutes of the other two. He noticed something moving further down the road from the fire, so he backed his truck up from the fire until his headlights fell on her, as she staggered toward the fire from a point about 30 yards further west from Courtland.

Regards,
Clouseau

I hold firm that she could have tried to say “A wreck” or “Car wreck” when she was asked who did it to her.

Wow. That does have a ring of truth to it.

Clouseau, thank you for the information on the drag marks from removing the car. That does make sense. However, the burn patterns still appear to be caused by a ruptured gas tank. And a perpetrator would have applied an accelerant at the door of the car rather than at the front or the rear of the car, which is where the burn (pour, spill) marks appear.

My issue with this case is all of these things that were reported and not completely checked out. Like the “accelerant poured down her throat.” Same applies to “who did this to you?” if it was not completely investigated that this was NOT an accident. It appears to me that the investigation began with “Who did this to you?” Rather than, “what happened?”

I stand corrected. Lordy I followed the prior Trial closely and yet missed Jessica did not have an accelerate poured down her throat. Regardless poor Jessica suffered one of the most painful deaths. I cant even begin to imagine her suffering.

I hold firm that she could have tried to say “A wreck” or “Car wreck” when she was asked who did it to her.
Very possible. Has it ever been considered that she possibly said “Erica”? She couldn’t pronounce her own name properly so it’s plausible that she mispronounced her answer to “Who did this to you” as well.

New to thus case so haven’t researched fully yet.

If Jessica was rendered unconscious at Quinton's home and he drove her there and set it on fire. It would make sense for Jessica to awaken from the fire and erroneously conclude she was in "a wreck" a "car wreck" and I also believe that may be the mistaken "Eric" the emergency responders heard. I wish the prosecutors would float this theory at trial.

Very possible. Has it ever been considered that she possibly said “Erica”? She couldn’t pronounce her own name properly so it’s plausible that she mispronounced her answer to “Who did this to you” as well.

New to thus case so haven’t researched fully yet.

The only problem with that is that an "Erica" would have had to magically appear at the scene based on all the other evidence that points to Jessica and QT being alone. All of the evidence points to QT doing this, except for the utterance of a dying girl :(.

I really wish this Trial was held elsewhere. I realize the cost involved but I do think these Jurors were not only not able to understand the Instructions but I also think there was an element of fear. IMO.

Wow. That does have a ring of truth to it.

Clouseau, thank you for the information on the drag marks from removing the car. That does make sense. However, the burn patterns still appear to be caused by a ruptured gas tank. And a perpetrator would have applied an accelerant at the door of the car rather than at the front or the rear of the car, which is where the burn (pour, spill) marks appear.

My issue with this case is all of these things that were reported and not completely checked out. Like the “accelerant poured down her throat.” Same applies to “who did this to you?” if it was not completely investigated that this was NOT an accident. It appears to me that the investigation began with “Who did this to you?” Rather than, “what happened?”
ArabianLover,

I am not sure how long you have been following this murder, but WebSleuths had its first forum up and running within days of the first reports. There have since been I believe at least 6 or 7 successive Discussions started, closed, and a new one opened, 1000's upon 1000's of posts. I used to have links to all of them, although with this new server I'm not sure how to access them anymore. The issue of whether this was a simple accident was discussed exhaustively more than once.

Fortunately, we are not as "in the dark" now as we were several years ago (I joined WS in Feb 2015, just three months after Jessica's murder on 12/6/2014). You MUST read the Application for Arrest Warrant in Louisiana for Quentin Verdell Tellis to understand what an animal he truly is. There is a link to it in Post #1 of this Discussion. He is currently "on loan" to Mississippi for Jessica's murder trial, to be returned to Louisiana where he was in prison awaiting trial for the other murder described in the above application.

Regards,
Clouseau

ArabianLover,

I am not sure how long you have been following this murder, but WebSleuths had its first forum up and running within days of the first reports. There have since been I believe at least 6 or 7 successive Discussions started, closed, and a new one opened, 1000's upon 1000's of posts. I used to have links to all of them, although with this new server I'm not sure how to access them anymore. The issue of whether this was a simple accident was discussed exhaustively more than once.

Fortunately, we are not as "in the dark" now as we were several years ago (I joined WS in Feb 2015, just three months after Jessica's murder on 12/6/2014). You MUST read the Application for Arrest Warrant in Louisiana for Quentin Verdell Tellis to understand what an animal he truly is. There is a link to it in Post #1 of this Discussion. He is currently "on loan" to Mississippi for Jessica's murder trial, to be returned to Louisiana where he was in prison awaiting trial for the other murder described in the above application.

Regards,
Clouseau

Per said affidavit, tellis's wife's cousin's name was eric. His wife was named Chakita. Also, Could Akita sound like Eric if she wasn't able to speak properly?

Reactions: d4j
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member