MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just good grief! I don't want to be shocked but I am. I live in the south-drove through Mississippi just last week and saw all the beautiful cotton that was discussed upthread. I thought the verdict itself might shock me-not the fact that the jurors don't even know how to get there :gaah:

I'm really anxious about this. If they can't understand the basic instructions, did they understand any of the witness testimony?

[video=twitter;920004448469970944]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/920004448469970944[/video]

Could it possibly be the jury foreman simply overriding everyone for his own purposes? I've never been involved with a jury, so I am not sure what the foreman's role is. Just wondering if he/she thinks he can get away with it.

Isn't civics taught in school anymore? We had it in 8th grade, as I recall.

@local24tish 2m
I just have no more words right now except OMG #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

Ok IF they were to come back with a Guilty Verdict (I don't see it) but IF so, it would be a big Appeal point all of this correct? The sending back so many times (I mean after the last debacle)

Embarrassed for the state of Mississippi. I promise we are not all so....”uninformed”!

I luv the deep South. One of our best hunting dogs came from Mississippi. She is the Secretariat of hunting dogs. Love the food too. Folks come up here to hunt and I luv luv luv the accent. So polite. Everything is yes mam. Great conversation too.

I think it was just last month in the Holly Bobo case that the jury wrote a note to the judge asking what "circumstantial" evidence is, I was a bit shocked at the time. My thoughts now are....thank goodness they at least asked if they didn't know.

Could it possibly be the jury foreman simply overriding everyone for his own purposes? I've never been involved with a jury, so I am not sure what the foreman's role is. Just wondering if he/she thinks he can get away with it.

Curious what # the Foreman is.

Long time trial watcher... never seen such happen. Beyond confused!

Well I for one am glad I didn't crack open that lovely Pinio yesterday. I think today is the day tho. What a roller coaster ride. I feel terrible for the Chambers.

Ok IF they were to come back with a Guilty Verdict (I don't see it) but IF so, it would be a big Appeal point all of this correct? The sending back so many times (I mean after the last debacle)

I personally think QT is guilty but in all fairness, this jury IMO is incompetent and that is not fair to any defendant IMO.

[video=twitter;920012383715651585]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/920012383715651585[/video]

@LeahBethFOX13 41s
Everyone has been called back to courtroom #JessicaChambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members