MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeahBethFOX13 24s
Clerk reading verdict. "We the verdict cannot reach a verdict"

I'm pretty sure that was suppose to be we the jury..

I feel bad the state blew all that money on sequestering a jury that is ill-suited to ever be on a jury.

The problem with this jury and with the Pinellas County jury and many others, is that they have to kick off any potential jurors who READ the news, WATCH the news, or DISCUSS the news with anyone. They need people who have no clue what is going on in their communities and the world around them.

So what kind of jurors are we left with? Usually people who admittedly have no interest in their community issues or news events. People who do not read or research anything.

So you get 12 people who did not understand what it means to come to a unanimous verdict before sending in the jury form.

ETA: I am NOT bashing this jury. Just discussing our pattern of choosing jurors who have no idea what is in the news and what the consequences of that are. n

JC's father is just shaking his head in disbelief.

That poor family.

#BREAKING HUNG JURY in #JessicaChambers case! Jurors could not unanimously agree.

Well I have read about, and watched trials for over three decades, and I have never seen anything like this in my life. These jurors don't even know the meaning of "unanimous????"

It is really scary to know some have such little knowledge about simple common words.

Did they think they just had to go in and vote and whatever those votes happened to be ....that was it???????? THUD!

They really hadn't been deliberating very long, imo.

The judge has to be pulling his hair out and finds this so unbelievable.

IMO

:eek:fftobed:

Will catch up the posts tomorrow! :wave:

:tears:

It may be for the best. there can be no appeal this way. now if they retry, I hope the State can pull this together better next time. I feel so bad for her parents.

[video=twitter;920032637472952320]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/920032637472952320[/video]

Well, now that we know that the jury couldn't reach a verdict, and we know the breakdown of guilty/not guilty - I am really surprised that he was not found guilty. I think it was the "Eric/Derrick" issue, and the state did not actually present a solid theory of when and how it went down.

@local24tish 1m
#JessicaChambers family shaking their heads & hanging them low in disappointment. Tellis family heard cheering outside courthouse @LocalMemphis

Hung jury. Thank goodness, the right decision. I like the judge's expressed wish that this jury won't be called on again "any time soon". Amen to that. I mean right decision under these circumstances, I don't think any verdict they reached after all that had occurred could have been respected.

[video=twitter;920032249101410304]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/920032249101410304[/video]

Well I have read about, and watched trials for over three decades, and I have never seen anything like this in my life. These jurors don't even know the meaning of "unanimous????"

It is really scary to know some have such little knowledge about simple common words.

Did they think they just had to go in and vote and whatever those votes happened to be ....that was it???????? THUD!

IMO

Apparently they don’t know the difference between “verdict” and “jury”, either. Smh. This is by far the worst I have seen during a deliberation. Trying hard to be polite.

IMO

Same here .... I'm in disbelief and I never am shocked by juries anymore !
I agree that they really did not deliberate that long for a murder trial .

Jessie ... I am so sorry that justice was not found for you today :-(

Officially declared a mistrial. I'm a semi-local (Memphis) and I'm so confused at what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela