VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Chambers Murder Trial Day 3 Part 1 Barry Thompson Testifies Jury goes on Site Visit 09/27/18

Jessica Chambers case: Field trip helps jurors visualize the fateful evening
"BATESVILLE, Miss. — From the remote spot where Jessica Chambers' burning car was found to the convenience store where surveillance footage showed the teen last alive, jurors in the Quinton Tellis murder trial got a firsthand look Thursday.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys accompanied the jury on a morning-long field trip to more than a half-dozen sites in Courtland relevant to the case against Tellis, who is charged with capital murder in Chambers' Dec. 6, 2014, burning death....

Tellis stood with his lawyers, Peterson and Darla Palmer, throughout the field trip. He sometimes appeared nervous and wiped his brow during Thompson's testimony at the fire site..."

Jessica Chambers case: Field trip helps jurors visualize the fateful evening
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to the following tweet. These are the three Defence Witnesses:

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 19m19 minutes ago
Cathy Russon Retweeted BuildTheWall

Tellis' sister, mom and a firefighter

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 12m12 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Site visit photos.
DoI2U1uVsAAgIK-.jpg

DoI2VgoU0AIlFye.jpg
DoI2WsQUUAAdiUt.jpg

DoI2Xx9V4AAlzT9.jpg

No, they didn't do it last time. I think it is a great idea. All the trucks, responders, etc. do they still have her burned car they can bring over? It will show the chaos that was going on and how difficult to see, hear. Will it be dark enough at 8:00 this time of year? Those fire trucks are loud.
Oh absolutely, it is a brilliant idea!! The Jurors will definitely get a fair idea just how chaotic it was that night. I do hope they reenact the scene in the ambulance too, as I feel, although still noisy, it wouldn't be as noisy as outside next to the trucks etc. (There were a couple of witnesses who spoke and received responses from Jessica inside the ambulance, if I recall correctly). Also waiting for the helicopter to arrive, it would not have been noisy and perhaps easier to hear what she was saying. We'll see.

whaat-smiley.gif

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 3m3 minutes ago
Little bit of confusion at the re-creation tonight. It got started before the media caravan arrived, so we’re waiting outside the site. We’ll update as we can.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 2m2 minutes ago
What we do know is that jurors right now are at the site where #JessicaChambers’ was found by responders. They’re getting a feel for what the lighting and sounds were like that night. Emergency vehicles are there with engines running. @memphisnews @clarionledger

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 5m5 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - The Recreation was supposed to begin at 8 p.m. We got here at 10 minutes to 8 and they're not letting us up. Also the scheduled time to leave the courthouse was 7:30 but the jurors took off at about 7:25. So some people didn't make it at all.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3m3 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - We're at the scene of the recreation. We ran into a problem. 5 of our media cars got separated and we got here, we were still ahead of the start time. But now they won't let us go up to the site while they're in the middle of the recreation.

DoJJCT4VAAAKUyV.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. Did they identify that person? Could someone else have been involved (like that person) with the actual fire setting who said their name was Eric?

I did not watch the first trial so I have been looking at with "fresh" eyes. I think "Eric" is the hardest thing to get past. We have no idea what she was thinking when she said it. If she had a former boyfriend or friend or relative with that name she may have been ignoring their questions and asking for Eric like you hear people's last words being "tell my spouse I love him/her."

My heart just broke watching the young first responders.

I didn't follow the first trial either, but I'm with you and Clouseau. WHO is this guy and why even introduce the testimony to raise doubt if they are not going anywhere with it? The way the guy is focused on the woods, you wonder if he is there to pick up someone who is hiding in the woods and stuck there because of the chaos. Or, whether he is homeless and lives back there or something. And what about this blank stare business? Or maybe because it's in the reports and the State knows the defense will use it to raise doubt, they feel they have to throw it out there? And he was checked out and it doesn't go anywhere anyway and that's why the defense ignores it?

For anyone who watched: did the defense even ask one single question on the topic of this strange dude? If not, then I think we all know the answer. The guy checked out and had an alibi. Otherwise, these LE are incompetent. And if the prosecutor doesn't throw the rest of the story of this guy out there, then HE may be incompetent. Why let doubt hang out there?

I didn't follow the first trial either, but I'm with you and Clouseau. WHO is this guy and why even introduce the testimony to raise doubt if they are not going anywhere with it? The way the guy is focused on the woods, you wonder if he is there to pick up someone who is hiding in the woods and stuck there because of the chaos. Or, whether he is homeless and lives back there or something. And what about this blank stare business? Or maybe because it's in the reports and the State knows the defense will use it to raise doubt, they feel they have to throw it out there? And he was checked out and it doesn't go anywhere anyway and that's why the defense ignores it?

For anyone who watched: did the defense even ask one single question on the topic of this strange dude? If not, then I think we all know the answer. The guy checked out and had an alibi. Otherwise, these LE are incompetent. And if the prosecutor doesn't throw the rest of the story of this guy out there, then HE may be incompetent. Why let doubt hang out there?

It is explained in the tweets in this thread.

Hi there. The suspicious looking guy was actually at the crime scene thinking maybe his daughter was involved. His wife had sent him to the crime scene to find out if their daughter was involved because she couldn't get hold of their daughter by phone. She (the wife) will be testifying tomorrow apparently.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 2m2 minutes ago
They’re now deciding whether or not the wife of the “suspicious man” at the scene will testify tonight. The defense is interviewing her now to see if they’re ready for that or need more time. #JessicaChambers

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 5m5 minutes ago
She’s not testifying tonight. Court is adjourned for the night. However, they will have the juror trip.

Hope this info helps! :D

Last edited:

Here is the answer -- an innocent bystander concerned about a daughter:
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Clouseau

I wonder if she was trying to say Tellis and it came out like Eric? Just a thought.

With all that breathiness, could it have just been "Rick"?

Personally, I think this: for the T and the L, the tongue has to touch someplace inside the mouth. If those touching actions are omitted, you get "eis" . Say that while gasping for air at the end.

With all that breathiness, could it have just been "Rick"?

Personally, I think this: for the T and the L, the tongue has to touch someplace inside the mouth. If those touching actions are omitted, you get "eis" . Say that while gasping for air at the end.

I agree. I imagine it more as "eh..ih" than "Eric". And when I "hear" "eh..ih" I think Tellis.

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 2h2 hours ago
Gammel off the stand. Now on the stand, third witness of morning of day two of testimony: Bradley Dixon, an EMT today and EMT in 2014 when he assisted in #JessicaChambers first responder call.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2h2 hours ago
#JessicaChambers - EMT Bradley Dixon on the stand.

DoBwHyWU0AITfrj.jpg

Dixon said the call on Herron Road was a "car fire with a possible burn victim". When ambulance arrived, he said it was loud with fire engines as ambulance was waved in to assist #JessicaChambers. #QuintonTellis

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 2h2 hours ago
Now an EMT is on the stand. His priority on the scene in 2014 was patient care. He said his first thought when he saw #JessicaChambers was they needed a helicopter.

#JessicaChambers - He arrived on the scene, approached Jessica. His initial thought was they needed a helicopter.

Dixon of what he remembered seeing #JessicaChambers injuries: (She was) burnt severely, skin was hanging off her lips, eyelashes were gone, her hair was a "giant singe ball".

#JessicaChambers - Dixon: "She was burned over the entire part of her body."

Dixon: "(#JessicaChambers) was trying to respond. The condition of her voice was hard to understand. Very raspy, terrible, couldn't understand anything she was saying. The name I heard was "Eric" and two other words: "thirsty". It came out like "thursy" and "cold" like "oooo".

Dixon said #JessicaChambers was unable to move mouth or tongue. He's now being cross-examined. #QuintonTellis

#JessicaChambers - Dixon testifies he heard Daniel Cole ask Jessica who did this to her while they were in the ambulance. He heard her say what sounded like Eric but without the hard K sound on the end,

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 2h2 hours ago
"She was hard to understand, real raspy, just terrible. You couldn’t understand anything she was saying.” #JessicaChambers

SCOTT MADAUS‏ @scottmadaus 2h2 hours ago
The defense is conferring with each other. #JessicaChambers

DoByWDpU4AIYBSV.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RBBM, "no hard k sound at end."

"eis" the word Tellis without the ability to move the tongue for the T or the L. "E - is" with a hard breath at the end and no ability to pronounce the "s" either. "E-I" = Eh-short I sound.

RBBM, "no hard k sound at end."

"eis" the word Tellis without the ability to move the tongue for the T or the L. "E - is" with a hard breath at the end and no ability to pronounce the "s" either. "E-I" = Eh-short I sound.

No need to answer last name either cuz she already said it. Get that darn speech pathologist back on the stand and have her demonstrate it for gosh sakes!!!!

Brad Broders‏ @Local24Brad 1h1 hour ago
Now on stand: Panola County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chuck Tucker. #JessicaChambers #QuintonTellis

Deputy Tucker: I asked #JessicaChambers 'who did this',"she responded what sounded like 'Eric'. I said "Eric who?" & she said "no". I don't know if that meant it wasn't 'Eric' or if she didn't know last name. She later told me that person who did this was 'black" but it was low.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 1h1 hour ago
He said he asked #JessicaChambers who did this to her and it sounded like she said "Eric." He said he then asked, "Eric who? What's his last name?" She answered, "No."

Of 20 witnesses so far in #QuintonTellis retrial, 10 of them - exactly half - testified hearing #JessicaChambers respond that either "Eric/Derrick" committed the crime.

Janice Broach‏ @JBroachWMC 58m58 minutes ago
Two witnesses testified Jessica Chambers said her attack was black It would seem if she could say black she could say Eric ⁦@JBroachWMC

DoB-SGZXoAAJHDR.jpg

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 56m56 minutes ago
#JessicaChambers - Morning break.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 44m44 minutes ago
Looking like court proceedings will run through the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. #JessicaChambers @memphisnews @clarionledger
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RBBM.

She was TELLING this guy they got it wrong; that she wasn't saying "Eric". That prosecutor has to do something with this and that speech pathologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221