VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah damn, jury set to resume just as it's time to pick up the kids.

I'm feeling positive, I have to believe that this evil will never be free to abuse and murder anyone else.

Tweet from Janice Broach:

Tellis sister told me outside court she and Big Mike were high at the SandBox and she’s upset he lied about being there @JBroachWMC

Janice Broach on Twitter

Yup, he, the phone data, and the CCTV lied... I can't believe she said on the stand she was the one with no reason to lie - she has every reason to lie, her brother is the defendent, Big Mike is the one with no reason to lie.

Monday, October 1st:
*Trial continues – VERDICT WATCH! (Day 8) – (@ 9am CT) - MS - Jessica Lane Chambers (19) (Dec. 8, 2014) - Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) - indicted on 1st degree capital murder & 3rd degree arson. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
10/16/17: First trial jurors were sequestered. 10 hrs of deliberations. Came back with 7-5 guilty. Ended in mistrial.
Tellis was accused of killing a second person, 34-year-old Meing-Chen Hsaio of Taiwan, in July 2015. The exchange student at the University of Louisiana at Monroe was allegedly tortured to death to get her credit car PIN numbers. Tellis faces a first-degree murder charge in the Louisiana death.

Skipping over Day 1 thru Day 6 - a bit too long....
9/30/18 Update Day 7: Defense asks for an acquittal. Judge denies motion for dismissal. Defense calls first witness Latoya Taylor, jailer at Panola County the night of the fire. Her son is named Eric and worked at Taco Bell. Next Boone Mister met Jessica at the store that morning. Chanika Williams (aka Ragann), (Tellis' sister) said Big Mike was with her all day. Defense rests. State has rebuttal witness Travis Carr. He went to the Titans game with Big Mike. Both sides have rested. Jury out, while they finalize jury instructions. Judge read jury instructions to the jurors. Closing arguments. Jurors began deliberations – after 4 hours 45 minutes went home. Back at 9am 10/1.

Yup, he, the phone data, and the CCTV lied... I can't believe she said on the stand she was the one with no reason to lie - she has every reason to lie, her brother is the defendent, Big Mike is the one with no reason to lie.

I don’t know if you have been able to watch this trial on the law and crime network (assuming you are across the pond) but the legal analysts on the network were shocked when ‘Ragann’ or whatever she goes by, made that statement, and stopped just short of outright accusing her of perjury.

Additionally, I could be mistaken, but wasn’t it QT’s mother who was ordered by Judge Chatham to leave the courtroom for the outburst that immediately followed the statement?

I don’t know if you have been able to watch this trial on the law and crime network (assuming you are across the pond) but the legal analysts on the network were shocked when ‘Ragann’ or whatever she goes by, made that statement, and stopped just short of outright accusing her of perjury.

Additionally, I could be mistaken, but wasn’t it QT’s mother who was ordered by Judge Chatham to leave the courtroom for the outburst that immediately followed the statement?

Could you even begin to imagine blatantly lying in court for your sibling?

I missed her testimony live as I was out, I watched it back on Youtube later so I missed the commentary. I can't find any information on the woman who was removed from court, I also couldn't make out what she was saying to get her thrown out, but I only watched it through the once.

Could you even begin to imagine blatantly lying in court for your sibling?

Definetely not, especially if they had done something as hideous as this. And I wouldn't be all over-familiar with the defence attorney and smiles when I took the stand either....

Last edited:
Deleted (video won't play)

Last edited:

I was wondering if it was her. Wasn't she on the defense witness list? Maybe they decided not to call her after her outburst, whatever it was about.

Ragann has EVERY reason to lie, including the fact that she apparently did not like her brother hanging with Jessica! Was it because she was white?

I really do not think it will be NG, but if it's a hung jury, they need to just give up and hope he's convicted for the other torturous murder :(. It would be awful for Jessica's family, but they presented a strong case.

I'd like to know who looked frustrated.....

I'd also like to know the average IQ in that jury room.
With all the reporting that has been done on this trial, very little has been reported about the jury's reaction other than they seem attentive and have not been taking notes.

Good morning sleuthers!!!! I’m waiting to go into work. I pray today is the day angel Jessica gets her justice and that she can finally Rest In Peace!

With all the reporting that has been done on this trial, very little has been reported about the jury's reaction other than they seem attentive and have not been taking notes.

It worries me slightly they weren’t taking many notes. But maybe they feel that the evidence that is available is enough to make a decision.

I was just curious what everyone here is thinking in regards to "Guilty" or "Not Guilty?" Or, maybe a mistrial again? Bonnie and I think "Not Guilty." This is not our personal belief, but watching this trial and the fact they didn't return a verdict last night, we are thinking the jury is going to render a "Not Guilty" verdict. I want to hear what you think, based on the "FACTS" of the trial and not whether you think he personally did it or not.

Just Curious,

Clyde

I was just curious what everyone here is thinking in regards to "Guilty" or "Not Guilty?" Or, maybe a mistrial again? Bonnie and I think "Not Guilty." This is not our personal belief, but watching this trial and the fact they didn't return a verdict last night, we are thinking the jury is going to render a "Not Guilty" verdict. I want to hear what you think, based on the "FACTS" of the trial and not whether you think he personally did it or not.

Just Curious,

Clyde

I do not think it will be not guilty. But, I am fearful we'll have another hung jury :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper