VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jury deliberating verdict in Jessica Chambers murder trial (with clips)

"BATESVILLE, Miss. — After sitting through days of testimony, the jury has officially began deliberating a verdict in Quinton Tellis' retrial in the murder of Jessica Chambers.

The state rested its case Saturday and the jury went into recess until 9 or 9:30 Sunday morning.

Part One..."

Jury deliberating verdict in Jessica Chambers murder trial
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just curious what everyone here is thinking in regards to "Guilty" or "Not Guilty?" Or, maybe a mistrial again? Bonnie and I think "Not Guilty." This is not our personal belief, but watching this trial and the fact they didn't return a verdict last night, we are thinking the jury is going to render a "Not Guilty" verdict. I want to hear what you think, based on the "FACTS" of the trial and not whether you think he personally did it or not.

Just Curious,

Clyde

For me: (maybe not the jury's verdict)

Guilty-

1. the burns on his body

2. the cell phone testimony and his deleting texts

3. the MDs testimony that she couldn't have spoken intelligently where people could understand what she actually said- so no "Eric/Derick"

4. his lying at the police interrogation (innocent people don't have to lie)

5. not evidence- how nervous he was when the jury visited the crime scene- wiping his face, etc. (according to the tweets)

Last edited:
I was just curious what everyone here is thinking in regards to "Guilty" or "Not Guilty?" Or, maybe a mistrial again? Bonnie and I think "Not Guilty." This is not our personal belief, but watching this trial and the fact they didn't return a verdict last night, we are thinking the jury is going to render a "Not Guilty" verdict. I want to hear what you think, based on the "FACTS" of the trial and not whether you think he personally did it or not.

Just Curious,

Clyde
Brother Clyde,

Here is a link to one of my posts in an earlier WS Jessica Chambers thread. As you can see, the deadlocked jury had voted 7-5 to convict. The mod-snip shortened the names in my original post to initials, I assume over privacy concerns, even though the Judge had read the names of each juror in open court when he polled them:

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #3 *MISTRIAL*

For me, if the prosecution was able to get that many to agree there was not a reasonable doubt in the first trial, after Darla Palmer had all but placed "Eric the Phantom" in the witness box in her closing argument, and after she and Peterson both mentioned the "Mysterious Stranger" who had to be shooed away from the crime scene but was never identified by LE as a stone unturned and a detail overlooked, then with both of those major holes plugged this time, I'd be surprised if there are more than 1-2 holdouts.

I did notice during the defense witness questioning, the defense started tooting on the "Police Harrassment" dog whistle, for those with ears to hear. Not sure what effect it will have on this jury, sympathy-wise, with a jury composition of 9 African-American/3 White. There were no defense witnesses last time. I think most people are saavy enough to know when they are being played. Nice try, but no cigar.

JMO,
Clouseau

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 1m1 minute ago
Wow. Judge just said someone posted a picture of the jury on Facebook last night & they’re going to be arrested. #JessicaChambers

SCOTT MADAUS‏ @scottmadaus 57s57 seconds ago
Judge just informed all of us at a spectator slipped his cell phone into the court room yesterday and posted a picture of the jury on social media. That person was arrested and will face jail time. #JessicaChambers

DobZIUCVAAAE0Ca.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone trying to cause a mistrial????? Hmmmm...

There is chatter on the chat on the Law & Crime site that the jury foreperson saw two episodes of Oxygen's Jessica Chambers series before the trial. Apparently she divulged this.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 1m1 minute ago
Wow. Judge just said someone posted a picture of the jury on Facebook last night & they’re going to be arrested. #JessicaChambers

SCOTT MADAUS‏ @scottmadaus 57s57 seconds ago
Judge just informed all of us at a spectator slipped his cell phone into the court room yesterday and posted a picture of the jury on social media. That person was arrested and will face jail time. #JessicaChambers

DobZIUCVAAAE0Ca.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone trying to cause a mistrial????? Hmmmm...

I hope it wasn’t a defense tactic.

I have no issue with the Juror viewing the J.C. series. I'm glad she outed it. What is important is if the Juror can base their decision of facts heard in Court only. Many a Juror has heard something in the press on a case they are seated for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz