MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it can be stated enough at how compromised poor Jessica was when she managed to zombie walk out of the treeline.

I got a tiny burn from a drop (one drop) of boiling soup on my thumb and I was in so much pain, even hours later, even after taking some ibuprofen and running my thumb under cold water and using a cold ice pack off and on. I'm sure you've all had a similar experience and couldn't believe how bad the pain was.

That she even managed to get upright and get herself to the firefighters at all was miraculous. And this young lady had third degree burns covering her, had inhaled noxious chemical fumes, had severe thermal burns in her mouth, her throat. That she could form any thoughts at all is amazing--I have no doubt she was mispronouncing everything she attempted to say.

Fortunately we don't have to rely on the garbled utterances of a charred, tortured, dying young woman. She can rest. We have so much information that proves who was with JC throughout that day, who was in contact with JC throughout that day, and who was caught in lie after lie after lie, right on video, about that day.

BBM. This should be the closing statement.

Drat, now everyone's said how good the data man's evidence was and the redirect, I'm going to have to try and watch it before closing arguments. Was hoping to cheat and skip the cell phone data but it is critical evidence if trustworthy. I'm a bit worried about the prosecutor's closing argument, I've been more impressed by him when he sticks to short questions, but I really drifted off in his opening speech. Maybe it's me and the jury found it more accessible, but I hope he's a lot more succinct and hammers home the main points without getting too cluttered with details.
ie, 1. the constant attempts to deceive by QT.
2. the timeline and CCTV evidence.
3. the cell phone data.

Unless I've missed it (probably) I'm not sure the prosecution has done enough about motive? Perhaps because no evidence of actual rape was gathered? But I think a sexual motive must be surmised from Jessica's state of undress, an assault interrupted perhaps for whatever reason. I think a strong motive has to be given to convict someone for such a violent, dreadful act. Seems to be plenty of evidence in Jessica's texts that she didn't welcome his advances. Perhaps the motive will be more highlighted in the closing arguments.

I believe if there were an accomplice Eric/Derrick, QT would have already given him up so as not to go down alone. I still believe she wasn't saying Eric, but either Quentin or Tellis wasn't coming out clearly with her mouth injuries. I know when you think you've heard something it's hard to then get that off your brain.

This witness was outstanding putting the information in as easy terms as you could so that average people could understand.

This redirect was powerful. We will hear that "erased her from his life" at closing.

My theory is he raped her, after forcing her to disrobe. At some point when she was redressing she said she would report it and he rendered her unconscious, thinking she was dead he went home and got the gas to come back and destroy the evidence, set the car on fire and high tailed it out there thinking it would take a few days to identify the body burned up in the car. He never dreamed she would escape the car and be alive when fire department got there. I think you can see he was shocked in the store that they already knew who it was. And he hurried home to lay low and start deleting his phone thinking that would destroy the evidence of him and her meeting up that night.

On the other hand as long as a lot of testimony points to an unknown "Eric" perhaps defense considers that enough reasonable doubt for acquittal? In other words the less said the better maybe. Seems risky though.

I',m sorry, I'm on pain meds .
I was actually responding to this post. oy.

I enjoy the trial stage more than any other as I'm interested in seeing the evidence the state actually has, rather than the journey of trying to guess what they might have and where it might lead in the months and sometimes years before a case gets litigated.

Interesting. All of us may come here for various reasons. I enjoy discovering the psychology of the major players.
Why they fall victim to a crime.
Why a person commits a crime, especially a heinous and despicable, as this one has been.
How the perp gets to the point where they commit their crimes, et al, is fascinating to me.

Still on Work Product:
Defenses cross is totally ineffective on cross due to the facts of the data collected. Paul is slightly raising his voice over repeated questions previously answered in testimony. She is giving "for instance" and "for example" questions. From a cell site (location) he cannot tell where the phone is located. That is why he placed only the known locations in his Power Point.

Agrees data is approximation of location of phone. IE: He cannot see inside the vehicle. He agrees.

Paul has immediate recall of times and data. I am totally amazed by his skills. Hope he earns a massive salary for this specialty in the field of Intelligence Analysis Expertise. He is the one who solved this murder for Panola Co. Others helped but he did the analyzing with a fine tooth comb by using that $7000 software. He ran names through it at night so the data was available in morning.

He analyzed all reports and tips that came in during the investigation.

Male named Albert Perkins called Big Mike one hour after Jessica's death.
Why?
Word was spreading to community to see who may know anything.
Well, Big Mike was in Nashville.

Derrick Taylor, Sha Sha was close to him.
No evidence JC knew him, but had extensive cellphone analysis.
Took four weeks to rule out certain people.

Defense continues to state this is the last question!

She claims QT had sex once with JC.
Paul: Did not believe it to be true as QT stated it was Dec 5.
Paul: No evidence they were having sex.

Had spreadsheet on wall of inconsistencies from First Responders.

Paul gives a short story of personal experience to prove his point. He was first on scene of awful car wreck. He will never forget the chaotic experience. He possesses understanding of shock of 1st Responders. Stories change as people are able to process experience.

Redirect: Rapid fire question and answer session. Reiterates earlier testimony and lies QT told. And, QT walked to borrow his sister's car that goes to the shed that contained gasoline. 12 minutes later JC is on fire when QT is on road to Batesville. He deleted all contact info and erased her from his life.

Devotion at 9am in breakfast area at hotel.

See everyone tomorrow at 1:00.

[Remember I was about 15 - 20 minutes behind due to taking that needed break.]

Unless I've missed it (probably) I'm not sure the prosecution has done enough about motive?

Just an FYI and an important point: motive never has to be proved in any criminal case. If it's known it's certainly nice to have, but it's not a burden held by the state. The judge will say this in pattern jury instructions and the jury will be reminded of this.

[video=twitter;919373826194132994]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/919373826194132994[/video]

I will be back in Batesville tomorrow for day six of the #JessicaChambers trial. Closing arguments are expected. Court resumes at 1 p.m.

I don't think he raped her. At least not sexual intercourse. There would have been SOME evidence of that, I would think. Most rapists don't take time to put on condoms, do they? Especially if they are raping in a small car? If a sexual assault occurred, I think it was oral sex.

The reason for burning her mouth as well? ( Not to be insensitive.)

third degree burns are so bad that there is very little pain.....your skin has been destroyed....read "young men and fire" by Norman McClean....one fire fighter came in with third degree burns, wakling and talking, yet they knew he would be dead within a couple of hrs....the fireman just didn't know it...

The reason for burning her mouth as well? ( Not to be insensitive.)

I'm not sure her mouth was burned like it was rumored for so long (that something was poured down her throat). I think the soot could have just been from all of the inhalation of smoke. They definitely did not declare during the trial that anything was poured down her throat.

third degree burns are so bad that there is very little pain.....your skin has been destroyed....read "young men and fire" by Norman McClean....one fire fighter came in with third degree burns, wakling and talking, yet they knew he would be dead within a couple of hrs....the fireman just didn't know it...

Well, I'm sure it was initially excruciating unless she was completely passed out when it started, but it does seem like toward the end it wasn't painful anymore since nobody said she was wailing in pain or screaming or crying, just that she was cold and thirsty :(.

i believe in a few cases I i have seen that is called "joint venture" and will be interested to see if they charge it that way...hopefully t hey do in case there is anyone with any doubt...Eric would not be a factor.

What you're talking about is some kind of conspiracy charge. Was he indicted that way? The indictment would have to charge it. I'm a little worried about this case but I think the word "Eric" is explained away by her physical state.

What you're talking about is some kind of conspiracy charge. Was he indicted that way? The indictment would have to charge it. I'm a little worried about this case but I think the word "Eric" is explained away by her physical state.

i am not sure how it was indicted if no joint venture that presents a bit of a problem although I am finding the defense pretty weak today.

I have followed this case from almost day one and kept the faith LE would eventually find Jessica's murderer. Do I believe they have the right guy? ...I sure do. After watching the trial thus far I feel 100% QT is guilty of murdering Jessica. I believe he wanted sex from her and she put him off one too many times (in his mind). He gave her marijuana and money and/or bought her food and he, in his sick mind felt she owed him something in return....he's a sexual predator IMO. I also believe he lied when he claimed he had sex with her one time days prior to her murder...just his BS excuse to justify his sexual texts to her.

IMO the night of December 6th, he was determined to get what he felt she owed him. He raped her that night in her car, rendered her unconscious or thought he killed her, then went home and got gasoline, went back to scene, pouring gasoline on her hoping to cover any evidence of rape, perhaps he wore a condom but his DNA would have been on her also. He poured gasoline on her car to cover any trace of his DNA. The fact she was found wearing only panties tells me it was sexually motivated. Yes it is plausible her clothing burnt off her body, but typically there would be charred clothing fragments that would have adhered and melted onto her skin and that doesn't seem to the case according to statements given by first responders or the coroner. QT is as evil and as sick minded as they come and is a huge danger to society. He belongs in prison for the rest of his life and I believe this jury will see to it that is where he will end up.

My deepest condolences and sympathy go out to Jessica's family. They have been wrongfully accused and dragged through the mud from day one. May they find some sort of peace when this ******* is finally found guilty of murdering their beautiful and beloved daughter. QT is an evil sexual predator and monster and justice will be served. ALL MOO.

RIP Jessica.

Timmy Douglas for me was not a good witness...too personally involved and I think defense brought out many issues with his process of ruling in or out people...for example he would eliminate someone based on knowing their family etc. The last guy Paul was good and defense really should not have bothered crossing him...Palmer was awful.

Did anyone ever testify how JC had QT listed in her contacts / phone? We're they FB friends? What was his name on his profile at that time? Also, what was the clothing in the ditch where the water was? Did it belong to JC? Why was she in the woods on the opposite side of the driveway than the burning car? Did she roll in the ditch water to extinguish the fire on her? Thanks for answers if anyone has any.

Ok. JC never had sex with QT. Never.

How can one be certain of this? Most women will SHIFT + DELETE you from their lives if you come on to them like that if there is no prior history of sexual involvement.

LOL@is he hot...umm, errr, I've seen better! ha.

But seriously, why so many females? Had to be something. Must be a shortage of males for females to date..who knows!!

Many, actually...

1) He is a drug dealer. On Monroe, they found couple of pounds of stuff ready-to-distribute in his house.

2) The town is abusing welfare system. Everyone is reproducing like rabbits and having children from everyone else and using the same houses with dashes or slashes as if they are different addresses.

3) The town has extremely low morals. Males are criminals, women are ..., well let's just say loose. Who would shoplift from the only grocery store in a town of 500??? (some woman whose name I don't recall was banned from M&M and was hanging outside). Come on, you see half of town population every day. How do you look at their faces with "shoplifter" written on your forehead? Easy! Because they are equally trashy!

I can't believe that we can view Jessica's autopsy pictures on line. If you haven't seen them, please don't.

Hey!

Undiscovered Truth from tweet said:
Ok court adjourned. Resume tomorrow at 1pm. Expect closing arguments. #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

Oh geez - that's 9pm my time.... not going to be another late night for me! LOL!

I see that court ended at 3AM my time! I was fast asleep....
big-bed-smiley.gif

Is this Paul Rowlette going to be on the stand today again?? What or who else does the Prosecutors have to put on the stand? Anyone know? TIA!

Great post (#304) Madeleine! Totally agree with ya!

peel said:
TTF14 said:
Well, I'm sure it was initially excruciating unless she was completely passed out when it started, but it does seem like toward the end it wasn't painful anymore since nobody said she was wailing in pain or screaming or crying, just that she was cold and thirsty.

This makes me wonder - does anyone know approximately "when" the fire started, "when" the first responders arrived? If it was significant time, then yes, it was towards the end that she didn't feel the pain anymore. I'm wondering - they said there was a sort of creek where she came out of the woods. Maybe she was trying to cool herself off there. But then the first responders didn't say she was "wet".... :dunno:

Oh Bobkat1103 - I just read your post - same question I have ^^

and :welcome6: to WS and this thread!

Oh :eek:hwow: GREAT post (#319) Swedie! I feel the same.

Again - I can't say this enough :gthanks: to all the tweets/video/discussion while I slept!

See you at 9pm MY time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members