MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for summarizing the important points of closing arguments (especially Erica Chambers omg!) I was out all afternoon but here for verdict watch. I fully expect a hung jury, but hope beyond hope I am wrong!!

Wat has a live feed up but no one is saying whether it's verdict or not.

Therese Apel‏Verified account @xxxx 2h2 hours ago
Replying to XXXX
Also of note today: Monroe, Louisiana police were represented in the courtroom.

Therese Apel‏Verified account @xxxx 34m34 minutes ago
I’m told the jury has come out once or twice to look at some evidence, possibly part of the slideshow or one of the videos

Therese Apel‏Verified account @xxxx 33m33 minutes ago
Evidence that could be taken into the jury room was, from what I understand, but the TV monitor was left in the courtroom.

Therese Apel‏Verified account @xxxx 32m32 minutes ago
At this point there’s no way to tell how long we’ll be here. Nobody I’ve talked to has a strong feeling about what the jury may be thinking.

God Bless Jessica Chambers. Her "friends" let her down in my opinion. Out of fear, they opted to stay silent and not assist law enforcement. They bear this burden as long as they live; but they probably don't care. Death by fire is hellacious; the worst. This young girl had no real friends. That saddens me. Q will receive his due, even if the jury is not able to convict.

According to the state's closing, they said it was clear to them that QT never told anyone about the crime or that he was involved because they didn't hear anything and no one knew who was involved.

Assuming that's true, how did JC's friends let her down? I think the fault lies entirely with QT. He and JC were alone that night. It was JC's choice to meet up with him and continue being with him. I can't hold anyone else accountable for what happened to her other than the monster who did this to her. No one else could have known in advance or imagined this would happen.

Why was it ok for the Def Attorney to not use gloves when durning Closing got them out and held them up? He prior had done correct, and used a glove. Glove that happen to be on the DA table. What if there was need to retest those keys/lanyard? If somehow the other 3 male dna were to ever hit in some datatbase?
attachment.php

I was disturbed by his cavalier, disrespectful handling of JLC's keys.

thanks, Bravo!

ETA: I’ll still have to be in-and-out, but I hope I am here for verdict.

Hope your here too Spellz. Sorry I didn't get to see you again for a coffee. I was in Michigan several times this summer but always on a timeline. Sorry for the O/T folks

Those of you who think this will be a hung jury, is there something specific about the evidence or the case that leads you to believe this? Do you have reasonable doubt that QT did this crime? Do you still think JC was clearly articulating "Eric" or "Derick" and there's someone of that name who did this crime?

Or is it more a case that you don't want to get your hopes up for a conviction only to be disappointed if the jury does hang?

For me, I thought the state's case was strong, compelling, and clear. There's so much corroborating information and data. You have a timeline narrowed down to 4 minutes for anyone else to possibly encounter JC that night--she was with QT literally 4 minutes before her phone arrived at the spot where she was burned alive. Her ability to speak was compromised and she has burned to a crisp.

I have seen convictions with less compelling evidence.

WAT is wildabouttrial.com

Just checked and didn't see a live stream up

Those of you who think this will be a hung jury, is there something specific about the evidence or the case that leads you to believe this? Do you have reasonable doubt that QT did this crime? Do you still think JC was clearly articulating "Eric" or "Derick" and there's someone of that name who did this crime?

Or is it more a case that you don't want to get your hopes up for a conviction only to be disappointed if the jury does hang?

For me, I thought the state's case was strong, compelling, and clear. There's so much corroborating information and data. You have a timeline narrowed down to 4 minutes for anyone else to possibly encounter JC that night--she was with QT literally 4 minutes before her phone arrived at the spot where she was burned alive. Her ability to speak was compromised and she has burned to a crisp.

I think there will be a hung jury. I think Jessica said "Eric." I think QT was absolutely positively there for the commission of this crime. I'm just not convinced there wasn't also someone else there (Eric), or that the jury has received permission to convict QT of this crime even if "Eric" was also there. (I didn't hear closing arguments or jury instructions).

Hey y'all ! Been following along but not posting .
Followed this case from the very beginning as the Courtland exit was an exit we use to avoid on our long trips up north and I remember the gas station clearly .
Can someone tell me
How long the jury has been deliberating ?
Working and trying to keep up
TYIA

[video=twitter;919728927286886401]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919728927286886401[/video]

4 hours of deliberations & as far as we know...jury hasn't asked for food or break. #JessicaChambers @LocalMemphis

I have already stated that I believe QT is guilty. I have no reasonable doubt of that. I do, however, believe that he may very well have had help from someone named Eric, <modsnip> and while I know that does not get QT off the hook for the crime in any way, I am just not convinced that EVERY juror will see it that way. The defense was very effective in constantly throwing out repeatedly, the names of all the people who claimed she said 'Eric' did it, and I don't know that every single juror will agree that you have to disregard that due to her injuries to her mouth and throat. Again, JMO

WAT is wildabouttrial.com

Just checked and didn't see a live stream up

I checked as well. Nothing. Lawnewz has a live blog. Seems like a tight group of folk sharing while they wait. Apparently moderator has direct on scene reporters keeping her informed.

[video=twitter;919730610221883392]https://twitter.com/LawNewzNetwork/status/919730610221883392[/video]

#JessicaChambers - It's 8pm local time and the jury has been deliberating approx. 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89