MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo Tellis is currently serving 10 years. Then he goes on Trial for the other torturous murder. Odds are he will never see the light of day. I want Justice so badly for Jessica. Please Jurors find this horrid creature guilty!

Sorry, Wild About Trial on facebook. There's still nothing playing on their live feed, just the screen so I don't know why they went live.

Sooo Tellis is currently serving 10 years. Then he goes on Trial for the other torturous murder. Odds are he will never see the light of day. I want Justice so badly for Jessica. Please Jurors find this horrid creature guilty!

Totally agree. But I think the prosecution went "light" on this one to preserve the most necessary witnesses for the next trial. Either way, he will never get out, although a conviction for this one would be really great for the Chambers family.

[video=twitter;919732412678107138]https://twitter.com/TRex21/status/919732412678107138[/video]

PHOTO GALLERY from the Jessica Chambers trial: Emotional day during closing arguments

Just from what I have read about the other murder he is charged with, which admittedly isn't much, it seems like perhaps the evidence in that case may be a bit stronger, so if he doesn't get LWOP with a conviction on this one, hopefully he will on the other one. While that would not really be justice for Jessica, it would get the animal off the streets for life at least, maybe preventing there from ever being another Jessica.

Those of you who think this will be a hung jury, is there something specific about the evidence or the case that leads you to believe this? Do you have reasonable doubt that QT did this crime? Do you still think JC was clearly articulating "Eric" or "Derick" and there's someone of that name who did this crime?

Or is it more a case that you don't want to get your hopes up for a conviction only to be disappointed if the jury does hang?

For me, I thought the state's case was strong, compelling, and clear. There's so much corroborating information and data. You have a timeline narrowed down to 4 minutes for anyone else to possibly encounter JC that night--she was with QT literally 4 minutes before her phone arrived at the spot where she was burned alive. Her ability to speak was compromised and she has burned to a crisp.

JMHO I think hung. For me the State tried by did not prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt. I have great respect for LEO. I expect them to do their job and collect the evidence that supports the charges. I would be very upset at the testimony from these LEO. Especially if not a guilty verdict. Crime scene should have been much stronger than it was by Edward Dixon. I was disappointed. I came up with my opinion from trial only.

Those of you who think this will be a hung jury, is there something specific about the evidence or the case that leads you to believe this? Do you have reasonable doubt that QT did this crime? Do you still think JC was clearly articulating "Eric" or "Derick" and there's someone of that name who did this crime?

Or is it more a case that you don't want to get your hopes up for a conviction only to be disappointed if the jury does hang?

For me, I thought the state's case was strong, compelling, and clear. There's so much corroborating information and data. You have a timeline narrowed down to 4 minutes for anyone else to possibly encounter JC that night--she was with QT literally 4 minutes before her phone arrived at the spot where she was burned alive. Her ability to speak was compromised and she has burned to a crisp.

I believe QT was very much responsible...perhaps not acting alone, but guilty nonetheless. That’s the verdict I’m hoping for.

<modsnip>

I can very much see a hung jury. Not my preference, but not the worst case scenario. (Acquittal would be worst, double jeopardy and all.)

I said this upthread, but I do NOT believe she was saying Eric/Derek, given that first responders thought she stated her name was Katina, Katrina, Courtney, last name Yombers or Tabers. If her speech was garbled enough that they couldn&#8217;t clearly hear her own name, I&#8217;m having a hard time believing that she was able to clearly articulate the name of her assailant.

Perhaps what they heard as Eric was her attempt to say Tellis. Refresh my memory, when asked about a last name, did she *say* she didn&#8217;t know, or did she gesture that she didn&#8217;t know? Perhaps her I don&#8217;t know (whether word or gesture) was more of a &#8216;no, you&#8217;re not getting it.&#8217; (As in, last name is Tellis, not first.). Just my theory.

Just from what I have read about the other murder he is charged with, which admittedly isn't much, it seems like perhaps the evidence in that case may be a bit stronger, so if he doesn't get LWOP with a conviction on this one, hopefully he will on the other one. While that would not really be justice for Jessica, it would get the animal off the streets for life at least, maybe preventing there from ever being another Jessica.

BBM. And another Ming-Chen Hsiao <3.

If it ends up NG I may not agree but I will respect it.

Hmmm...

Cathy @CCLawNewz
·
13m
Replying to @PureLilac1
Some have heard 9pm, others that judge will let jurors decide

Just over four hours of deliberations and the judge is ready to say good night. One juror not feeling well and they are all hungry. Back at to deliberating Monday morn.

for me if QT allegedly heard in the store about JC, I could see where someone who had been with her that evening -who is a felon just out of prison - would delete his phone. If we are to believe Sandra Haley (spelling unsure) she said someone from the crowd yelled JESSICA CHAMBERS and she asked JC and she acknowledged with shaking her head yes. No doubt that word had spread to people in the store.

Also per the timeline, QT had spoken with his GF at 415 about coming up so it was not JMHO some kind of alibi on the fly.
time line closing 1.JPG

[video=twitter;919738005245411328]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/919738005245411328[/video]

I think a wise decision. One Juror not feeling well and they had not eaten yet. It's been grueling for them I'm sure. 9 a.m. tomorrow they are back.

[video=twitter;919737657227382794]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/919737657227382794[/video]

Judge has called court back into order #JessicaChambers

[video=twitter;919737926078160897]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919737926078160897[/video]

Jury breaking for the night. No verdict. #JessicaChambers resumes at 9am @LocalMemphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member