MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeahBethFOX13 1m
1 minute ago

State calls Seth Cook. Was a volunteer firefighter at Courtland Fire Dept. night of #JessicaChambers death.

@LeahBethFOX13 6s
6 seconds ago

Cole says he saw car on fire when he pulled up to scene. Said fire appeared to be contained to inside of vehicle #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 8s
8 seconds ago

Said driver's side door was partially opened on car. Said he then saw a silhouette of someone coming out of woods #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 13s
13 seconds ago

Cook: It was very dark. Only lighting was from vehicles approaching. That's when he could tell it was a person walking #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 25s
25 seconds ago

Cook: "She looked like she was very dazed. In a trance. She was having trouble walking." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 32s
32 seconds ago

State: "Did you know who it was?" Cook: "No, not at the time." Said he couldn't recognize #JessicaChambers. He knew her from school.

@LeahBethFOX13 44s
44 seconds ago

Defense now cross-examining Cook #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 54s
54 seconds ago

Cook is being dismissed. Both sides done with questioning #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 28s
28 seconds ago

State calls Daniel Cole. Director of Emergency Operations in Panola Co. and longtime firefighter #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 10s
10 seconds ago

Cole says he was not at work, got called to scene night #JessicaChambers was set on fire.

We are in MS. Scuse :) DK how on earth I missed that! Forgive my rant.
And hugs all; we're going to need them.

LeahBethFOX13 17s
17 seconds ago

Cole says while crying: "I pulled up on the scene to see a female laying behind the Courtland firetruck, badly burned." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 18s
18 seconds ago

Cole:"She was wrapped in a blanket. Hair was singed. Soot all around her mouth and her nose. When I tried to speak to her, it was difficult"

@LeahBethFOX13 41s
41 seconds ago

Cole says scene was very chaotic and loud. "At one point, I even laid down beside her to try and hear her better." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 11s
11 seconds ago

Cole: The more questions we asked, she would start out strong and then get very breathy. #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 24s
24 seconds ago

"We got her name finally. And when we asked who did this, it took multiple attempts but I did hear her say "Eric did this." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
1 minute ago

Jurors about to be shown two photos of Jessica from scene. I don't know that we'll see on stream but I will NOT be sharing #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
1 minute ago

Just a heads up that we are being shown these photos but I will not be sharing them here. She is burnt beyond recognition #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 31s
31 seconds ago

Cole breaks down again describing the photos and the state of #JessicaChambers when he got to scene.

Watched the live stream...they showed the jury what was done to that beautiful girl. Heart breaki ng

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LeahBethFOX13 1m
Cole says everyone on scene wanted to do anything they could to help. Responders were worried for own safety as well #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 2m
Cole on responders on scene: "This was the first time we’d ever seen anything like this" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 14s
Defense will now cross-examine Cole #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 3s

Defense now giving Cole the report he made following the night of #JessicaChambers murder. This is being marked as evidence/exhibit.

@LeahBethFOX13 36s

Defense asking Cole about report now. Cole says he put the things #JessicaChambers said to him in quotes on the report.

@LeahBethFOX13 17s

Leah Beth Bolton Retweeted Leah Beth Bolton
Cole now reading report out loud for courtroom #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 34s

Cole: Reading report-- "I then asked what happened, and Jessica responded saying, 'Eric set me on fire.'" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 30s

Cole: "I then asked what is Eric's last name and she said, 'I don't know.'" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m

Cole says he filled out report 12 hours after the crime #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 1m

Cole says he spoke with #JessicaChambers again in ambulance

@LeahBethFOX13 58s

Cole reading report: "I asked her again, 'Who did this?' And she said, 'Eric did this. He set me on fire.' And I said, 'Eric who?'"

@LeahBethFOX13

Defense is drilling down on the "Eric" or "Derrick" point, continuing to question Cole about report #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 15s

Cole being questioned by defense about tag numbers he received about a "suspicious person" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 4s

Cole now talking about search efforts to find evidence following #JessicaChambers death.

Redirect:

@LeahBethFOX13 3s

"I see that picture I took. Every morning and every night," Cole says about picture on easel of #JessicaChambers, shows her severely burned

@LeahBethFOX13 10s

Cole's testimony is complete. Short but very emotional. State now calls volunteer firefighter Brandie Davis #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 10s

Davis said he was at a restaurant at time of call. Left and responded to scene #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 3s

Davis says he heard call go from "car fire" to "fire w/ woman burnt on road."Said he could tell this wasn't an ordinary call#JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 19s

Davis: "Not a lot we could do," talking about burns on #JessicaChambers when they arrived to scene.

@LeahBethFOX13 2m

Davis: I said, “Baby girl, who did this to you?” And she said, “Eric.” #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 54s

Davis being shown photo of #JessicaChambers. Says she had black soot all over her mouth.

@LeahBethFOX13 29s

#JessicaChambers was taken to church near fire station by ambulance to be transported to Regional One via helicopter.

@LeahBethFOX13 15s

State asking Davis about someone being on scene. Asks if he asked someone to leave area, he says no #JessicaChambers

I don't know - why would Jessica say "Eric" - that's going to be a sticking point for the Jurors - well, at least to me it is....

@LeahBethFOX13 23s

Defense objects to state "leading." Defense now cross-examining Davis #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 now

To clarify: Davis did say that he took tag numbers on vehicle on scene #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 10s

Defense giving Davis report he took from #JessicaChambers scene. He wrote it two days after-- Dec. 8

@LeahBethFOX13 1m

Report from Davis being entered as evidence #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 4m

Davis reading:"I asked, 'Who did this to you?' She replied, “Eric.” I then said, 'What’s Eric’s last name? She said "Eric." #JessicaChambers

I don't know - why would Jessica say "Eric" - that's going to be a sticking point for the Jurors - well, at least to me it is....

I agree. It seems that she could repeatedly say her own name and "Eric."

@LeahBethFOX13 5m

Davis said he continued to ask same question and #JessicaChambers continued to respond "Eric"

@LeahBethFOX13 4m

Davis said he checked car to see if anyone else was in it. Said he saw a can of Freon, thought that was "odd" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 2m

Davis says he took tag info on "suspicious" vehicle near scene #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 26s

State calls Shane Mills. Another firefighter from night of #JessicaChambers murder

@LeahBethFOX13 1m

Mills says he walked up hill to back of engine then noticed Cole Haley kneeled down next to #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 58s

Mills says he knew #JessicaChambers but did not recognize her when he got to scene.

@LeahBethFOX13 23s

Mills breaking down on stand says, "One of the worst things you could ever imagine," about arriving on scene #JessicaChambers

All these EMTs - so emotional - I can understand - must really be hard seeing that! :( Poor guys!

@LeahBethFOX13 7s

Mills describing #JessicaChambers holding back tears: "She had beautiful blonde hair. And you look at it at the time, and it's just fried."

@LeahBethFOX13 32s

Mills says there were a lot of onlookers at scene the night #JessicaChambers was set on fire.

@LeahBethFOX13 6s

Mills is another volunteer firefighter in a long line of responders that is choking back tears while discussing #JessicaChambers that night.

LeahBethFOX13 3s

State asking Mills to describe noise on scene.Says engines were loud, pumps running, sirens, ppl coming up asking questions #JessicaChambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic