MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again for keeping the light on for Jessica here. I only hope her family (and honestly, QT's family as well - they didn't ask for this or do this) know that resolution and healing are coming. Getting over this huge hump will hopefully lead to a chance for some solace for these families. Hopefully they will not have to re-live the details over and over again like they will in this trial.

Court officials said as recently as last week that they were told the defense does not plan to take a plea deal.

http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-...a-chambers-death-set-to-begin-today/481879189

The more the Defense tries to emphasize & hammer away at what some witnesses believe Jessica said when asked who did this to her, the more

graphic the portrait the jury will hear about --- the injuries that were inflicted upon her: her nose, lips, vocal chords, esophagus, etc

And it will paint an even more vivid picture of the absolute cruelty of setting a human being on fire

Always thought myself as a stoic women but this is wrecking my heart. Poor Jessica

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I'm considered quite stoic as well but I'm glad I'm just reading it not viewing/hearing it. I'm leaking tears for the family and responders right now.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gotta say after the first day, reasonable doubt has already been heavily inserted.

1. She said Eric. (Or Derrick)

2. She was known to sell drugs. So it is conceivable she COULD have, I guess, met up with someone after leaving the defendant.

In my opinion, successful prosecution of this case will depend on convincing cell phone/cell phone tower evidence.

Gotta say after the first day, reasonable doubt has already been heavily inserted.

1. She said Eric. (Or Derrick)

2. She was known to sell drugs. So it is conceivable she COULD have, I guess, met up with someone after leaving the defendant.

In my opinion, successful prosecution of this case will depend on convincing cell phone/cell phone tower evidence.

She could've been saying "Tellis" and they thought it was "Eric".....given her injuries and the trauma of the situation they were all in at the time. "Tellis" would not be a name that would pop into anyone's mind because it's not all that common. But "Eric" is more familiar so that could explain why they thought she said that name. Her injuries probably prevented her from saying the "T" in a recognizable way.

She could've been saying "Tellis" and they thought it was "Eric".....given her injuries and the trauma of the situation they were all in at the time. "Tellis" would not be a name that would pop into anyone's mind because it's not all that common. But "Eric" is more familiar so that could explain why they thought she said that name. Her injuries probably prevented her from saying the "T" in a recognizable way.

I've been thinking the same thing. Jessica Chambers' throat was (literally) on fire when she tried to speak. "Tellis" could have sounded like "Eric" or Deric" to the first people on the scene.

The witness is laughing on the stand and this is no laughing matter. I am continualy disappointed w the lack of knowledge in TN Law. She deserved life and better. There is NO media NO elmo NO maps No refrence whatsoever, worse than the BOBO trial. The defense opening statement was a freaking JOKE and I am angry. First witness was her friend but came off as the wrong type of friend. Where are all her school friends? The defense is already attempting to slaughter her again by saying she sold drugs, a weed. This is a travesty, and Tn needs to up their game when it comes to prosecuting cases! Not ONE PIECE OF MEDIA USED in that opening statement. (On missed opportunities and ignorance!) I am Pissed. I want to drag the Elmo out, the pointer and show this jury Road Maps ffs.
ent of rant

What an exhausting day, and I was only watching from the sidelines.

I certainly hope the prosecution has a better day tomorrow. But for the first day, I think the defense carried the day with their very focused attention on the name “Eric,” to the exclusion of nearly everything else the prosecution presented. Is that one thing enough reasonable doubt to allow Tellis to escape conviction, with so many lies, and false alibis, and cell phone, and M&M CCTV evidence? Possibly, unless the jurors are willing to hear ALL of the evidence before making up their minds. But I suspect the defense will use every opportunity to drive home that one inconsistency, maybe even asking every witness if they had ever heard Jessica Chambers refer to Quentin Tellis by the name “Eric” and thus constantly reminding the jurors of that weakness in the prosecution’s case. The prosecution has to prove everything, the defense only has to create a single reasonable doubt.

But for the moment overlooking that problem, I suggest the following can be deduced already from the prosecution’s opening statement:

If Jessica Chamber’s car keys had a mixture of DNA on them, including that of Quentin Tellis;
If all the DNA at the crime scene was destroyed by fire inside the car;
If no keys were found inside the car (my assumption at this point);
If Jessica Chambers was found burned near the crime scene and barely able to walk;
If keys were necessary for the car to be driven to the crime scene;
Then…

(1) Somebody removed those car keys from the car at the crime scene.
(2) Somebody discarded those keys between the Herron Rd crime scene and Courtland.
(3) The car keys were not burned (an assumption) since DNA evidence was found on them.
(4) The DNA on the car keys would include that of any person(s) handling them AFTER the car was driven to the crime scene, but BEFORE it was set on fire without them in it.
(5) Gasoline found by ATF in remnants of Jessica’s bra was probably the accelerant used.

Regards,
Clouseau

The witness is laughing on the stand and this is no laughing matter. I am continualy disappointed w the lack of knowledge in TN Law. She deserved life and better. There is NO media NO elmo NO maps No refrence whatsoever, worse than the BOBO trial. The defense opening statement was a freaking JOKE and I am angry. First witness was her friend but came off as the wrong type of friend. Where are all her school friends? The defense is already attempting to slaughter her again by saying she sold drugs, a weed. This is a travesty, and Tn needs to up their game when it comes to prosecuting cases! Not ONE PIECE OF MEDIA USED in that opening statement. (On missed opportunities and ignorance!) I am Pissed. I want to drag the Elmo out, the pointer and show this jury Road Maps ffs.
ent of rant

Cherry, I sense your frustration. Perhaps the prosecution is saving all of those helpful visual aids for their summation when they will be best remembered, after all the evidence has had a chance to sink in. BTW, Holly Bobo was TN law, but this case is MS law. In addition to the laughing witness, I saw many smiling faces on Tellis' side of the courtroom after things wound up for the day. This is not a sporting event, and there will be no winners regardless of the outcome.

Regards,
Clouseau

The prosecution is aware of the problem posed by the testimony of first responders reporting she said the name "Eric", which is why they addressed it in their opening statement. Defense seems to be relying heavily on that aspect of the case to create reasonable doubt and they will keep hammering it at every opportunity. JC suffered horrific burns, including in her oral cavity, esophagus and airway. Her tongue would've been one of the most sensitive areas involved and would've been excruciating painful to move. Interestingly, "T" and "L" are sounds that rely heavily on our tongues to create. Try saying the name "Tellis" without moving your tongue and see what it sounds like.
JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that Cole Haley is awfully young to have been thrust into the position he was in on that fateful evening, but no one, regardless of level of experience, would have been able to have done more than he did, imo, and I believe he absolutely showed the utmost compassion for Jessica, and will probably forever be haunted by what he saw that evening. I know he caught some flack by many early in this investigation, largely, I believe, because he lacks the professional appearance of his typical bigger city counterpart, but I have nothing but respect for the young man, and God bless him for being there for Jessica. JMO

The prosecution is aware of the problem posed by the testimony of first responders reporting she said the name "Eric", which is why they addressed it in their opening statement. Defense seems to be relying heavily on that aspect of the case to create reasonable doubt and they will keep hammering it at every opportunity. JC suffered horrific burns, including in her oral cavity, esophagus and airway. Her tongue would've been one of the most sensitive areas involved and would've been excruciating painful to move. Interestingly, "T" and "L" are sounds that rely heavily on our tongues to create. Try saying the name "Tellis" without moving your tongue and see what it sounds like.
JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been thinking about this and wondering if she could have been trying to say "Quinton." Her throat was dry and the firefighters testified she was having difficulty breathing. If she inhaled as she tried to enunciate the "qu" sound--which would be difficult with a dry, singed throat--then quickly exhaled, it would come at as "ek" which sounds much like "Eric."

I think there are enough variations of what Jessica possibly spoke while she was in excruciating pain and going into shock--with such extensive damage to her mouth, throat, airways and nasal passages--to create doubt that she actually said "Eric" did it. I think the DA did try to diminish the testimony about JC's statement to 1st responders by bringing out the extent of her injuries, and I'm sure they will discuss this further during closing statements, after they have presented all of the cell phone, DNA and surveillance evidence implicating Quinton. MOO

I had to stop the livestream when my DD phoned during the end of the DA's opening. We spoke for 2 hours regarding an Emergency facing our family. I never once reminded her that "Today was the Day" for JC. Hence, I watched the testimony later.
Weed, pot, marijuana is legal in many states; Mississippi is not one of those states. JC sold a bit of weed, probably so she could take some out, for her personal use, before selling it. I shall not condemn her for that illegal activity. I do not feel the jurors will either. If there was dealing of narcotics, my feelings may not be the same.

I am proud of Lisa for her strength and ability to stand for Jessica. BC is not able to do so. He couldn't visit her in the hospital. Lisa told JC, while at her baby girl's hospital bedside, that her daddy was there, but could not bear to see her because "... he is a big baby".

Cole Haley's life was destroyed by what he encountered that evening of Dec. 6, 2014.Without using a medical term, he explained that he lives in fear. CH is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He is no longer a Fireman although he began fighting fires as a volunteer when he was 13yo.

During his emotional testimony, my head leaned back and tears fell like rain as if seeing the scene he described experiencing, especially when he said Jessica reached for his hand. Hopefully, by leading a quiet, stress-free lifestyle, he can eventually live without painful flashbacks. CH never left the courtroom after his testimony.

Traumatic
emotionally disturbing or distressing:
synonyms: disturbing · shocking · distressing · upsetting · heartbreaking · painful · scarring · jolting · agonizing · hurtful · stressful · damaging · injurious

This kid was the chief of the fire department?? Did I hear that correctly?

The 2010 Census says that the count was 511 people that lived in this town, the fire department was likely volunteer. In that case, it would be who is willing. Considering how small the town was, I am sure this was particularly devastating to anyone who witnessed it simply because the likelihood of being exposed previously to that type of violence would be very low.

Hey all!

AzPistonsGirl said:
all the tweets show up here as blank unless you're on mobile I think.

But I am keeping up.

and sharing my tears.

I'm not on a mobile, but on a laptop. I have to re-fresh every time there is a "new" embedded tweet. It just is.... :pcguru:

Try re-freshing! It works for me.

And a BIG :gthanks: to all the tweets. I went to bed about 12:30am last night listening, but missed a bunch. I was having problems with my laptop, so had to close all tabs except WAT to listen to what was going on.

See you all at 5pm my time! :wave:

:wave: Niner. I'm about to hit the sack. It's 11.30pm here. I think the trial starts at 3.00am my time so I may or may not be here, probs the latter. I'll definitely be around to help out with the afternoon tweeting if I'm needed though.

Night one and all! :wave:

Good morning/evening all! Video is up on Lawnewz, no sound yet.

@LeahBethFOX13 39s
40 seconds ago

Court now in session. Jury entering courtroom now #JessicaChambers #JusticeforJessica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities