MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to leave before testimony was finished yesterday. Did I hear the judge say that if they could stay late for a few more witnesses that testimony 'could be done in a day'? Is that correct? I would think that at least those cell records would take a while.

Frankly that is the way I took it...it is moving at lightening speed...I sort of question putting on a DNA witness at that hour of the day...I was getting tired listening to it myself and I did not go on the field trip...I mean that was a full day...but they are sequestered with little else to do....I think one juror actually asked to have a short break before probably had to use bathroom...even DNA was pretty short and there appears to be little disagreement from defense....so far this case is either neutral for me or even in favor of defense...although horrific need much more to put him lighting the fire.

but then you have to discount all those first responders statements/testimony. Also when he got her, her body had already started changing (swelling more).

I don't discount what responders heard. Given those injuries I think that's how the name sounded IMO

Thanks in advance to all posting tweets :loveyou:

Presumably, at that time he was on parole. Will we hear from his parole officer as to why and when he moved to Louisiana? He was swabbed for DNA Dec. 18th if I recall correctly. When did the DNA results that resulted in him being "unable to be excluded" come back? Did his parole officer have no idea as to his whereabouts? I can't imagine that it was too difficult for investigators to locate him. He had relatives in Courtland, and was well-known. Just my opinion, but this was a LAZY investigation. JMO

@CCLawNewz 2m
#JessicaChambers - Day 4 begins at 9:00am CDT. We expect the prosecution to have four witnesses today and 1 tomorrow before they rest.

Wow, those 4 witnesses today better be strong because so far I'm not convinced. :moo:

oh the FBI Blount is awful....no match for defense attorney.

@CCLawNewz 2m
#JessicaChambers - Day 4 begins at 9:00am CDT. We expect the prosecution to have four witnesses today and 1 tomorrow before they rest.

Wow, those 4 witnesses today better be strong because so far I'm not convinced. :moo:

I assume at least one will be cell phone and agree with Jena not much yet

@CCLawNewz 2m

I know there are a few witnesses yet to hear, but at this point I believe the state will be lucky just to get a hung jury instead of an acquittal. Have followed this case since the beginning, and I still have reasonable doubts. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i don't know if defense attys are public defenders or paid but they are good.

I know there are a few witnesses yet to hear, but at this point I believe the state will be lucky just to get a hung jury instead of an acquittal. Have followed this case since the beginning, and I still have reasonable doubts. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

i agree a hung would be a gift at this point.

I have had a lot going on this week and haven't been able to keep up as much as I would like.

Thanks for all the tweets and updates and comments and a shout out to everyone else who is here for Jessica. [emoji173]

[emoji92] Justice for Jessica [emoji92]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

i read somewhere that Jessica had not long prior to this been in a battered woman's shelter and had a history of abusive relationships. Is there any truth to that? Also does she have siblings and are they in court? I don't know too much about the history of this case other than many stories floating around that area for years just like Holly Bobo.

I have a question about the grand jury. Does anyone know if, when the case was presented to the GJ, was there testimony about how she said "Eric?" Or was the only testimony about the cell phone pings, QT's conflicting statements, etc.?

@LeahBethFOX13 36s
Attorneys are discussing evidence from ATF and if the ATF agent will be able to testify as an expert #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 5s
Judge says there was no "deliberate" intent by state to keep evidence from defense #JessicaChambers

Apparently, there was a break in the chain of custody. The can the clothing was sent in was not the same as the one it was returned in, if I am hearing that correctly.

Quickly coming up to speed on this case since I didn't follow it all along.

What's with all the disgust at the state? I mean, they can only work with what they have and the evidence they have. They believe they can tie QT to JC right at and around the time of her murder. What else should they be doing?

@LeahBethFOX13 24s
I missed very start of this but apparently a "bucket" of some sort was lost-- it was evidence being processed by ATF #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 34s
Judge says loss of evidence (bucket & piece of clothing) was not intentional. ATF agent will be able to testify as expert #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 7s
State calls Matthew Simon-- ATF crime lab expert #JessicaChambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members