GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was reading on WLBT's fb page earlier under the story: Missing Woman's Stepson Contacts WLBT. There were a couple of interesting theories posted under the comments section. Someone stated they lived at the border of Mexico at one time and "police officers" are very broad terms. It's actually someone who goes and buys a badge and declares they are a police officer. I have family members who lived on the border of Mexico and worked in Mexico and said that is very true. If she was "arrested" by one of those "officers" or has been intercepted by one of those "officers" that is why there is no record if she had a large sum of cash as originally reported. Also, another person noticed the FBI is the only organization that has not denied her being in custody. They are sticking with "no comment". Could they be doing that for her own protection (or other unknown reasons) as of right now?
Just food for thought.

What would be the reasoning?
If she was "aducted" by a fake police officer for money she had with her, why would they ever report to anyone that she was arrested. Wouldn't they rob and perhaps kill her?

Or would this be a ransom situation?

What would be the reasoning?
If she was "aducted" by a fake police officer for money she had with her, why would they ever report to anyone that she was arrested. Wouldn't they rob and perhaps kill her?

Or would this be a ransom situation?

Apparently there are good police officers in Mexico.........as well as extremely corrupt officers. Google police corruption Mexico. Also try police corruption Acapulco. I cannot imagine living in a country where the guards let crime bosses out at night to murder their enemies. Or officers (not people posing, but real officers) who rob assault and rob tourists with no consequences. Some areas of the country the punishment for rape is several hours in jail. Some prisons are actually run by crime families/gangs.

IF the sorce was right and she was in a Mexican prison, arrested by an honorable police officer, but the prison she was at also had corrupt officers who would do anything for that substantial amount of cash she was supposedly arrested with, do you think they would have any problems making her disappear. Google police corruption Mexico. I *wish* there was moire info regarding the source. Who it is. Where did they get the information, etc.

If this is true, that her vehicle and another were caught on surveillance leaving together, well, I just find it hard to believe they were that stupid, because as long as she had worked there she had to have known about the cameras.

I also wonder what items she purchased at WalMart. Could hair dye have been one of them?

I'm not surprised at all. She did make sure to dodge Moore Fabrication's surveillance. She had no way of knowing the quality of the camera next door and if they would be able to see her and/or enhance the video in order to see them. Also, perhaps they actually parked between the businesses in order to dodge the cameras at Moore's. Thinking they were out of range of both. I don't know were they parked the vehicles, I just know they are on tape at the other business.

I wish they would give the list of items as well.

"That was all just a rumor," Chris Reed said of the Mexico story. "Supposedly (WLBT) had a credible source that they haven't been able to recontact. We've talked to the U.S. Embassy and the U.S. Consulate in Mexico City and in Acapulco, and the Acapulco Police Department."

None of them, he said, has any knowledge of an American female by the name Linda Reed or meeting Linda Reed's description being arrested or detained in Mexico.
From http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120531/NEWS/205310342/Search-continues-missing-woman-despite-rumor?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|s

BBM
I know it is an interesting avenue of thought but unless we hear otherwise soon, it sounds like this whole Mexico thing was a hoax.

I'm not surprised at all. She did make sure to dodge Moore Fabrication's surveillance. She had no way of knowing the quality of the camera next door and if they would be able to see her and/or enhance the video in order to see them. Also, perhaps they actually parked between the businesses in order to dodge the cameras at Moore's. Thinking they were out of range of both. I don't know were they parked the vehicles, I just know they are on tape at the other business.

BBM, Link? Or if it's from the local rumor mill, please let us know a little about how close the source is in everything.

To me it seems tied to the "she was found in Mexico" rumor.

Apparently there are good police officers in Mexico.........as well as extremely corrupt officers. Google police corruption Mexico. Also try police corruption Acapulco. I cannot imagine living in a country where the guards let crime bosses out at night to murder their enemies. Or officers (not people posing, but real officers) who rob assault and rob tourists with no consequences. Some areas of the country the punishment for rape is several hours in jail. Some prisons are actually run by crime families/gangs.

IF the sorce was right and she was in a Mexican prison, arrested by an honorable police officer, but the prison she was at also had corrupt officers who would do anything for that substantial amount of cash she was supposedly arrested with, do you think they would have any problems making her disappear. Google police corruption Mexico. I *wish* there was moire info regarding the source. Who it is. Where did they get the information, etc.

No I don't

But i don't think we would ever hear anything about it

There is no link. As I said when I origially posted, we have. Quite a bit miore info we are privy to that we probably shouldn't have. It is a small town. SMALL town. If you didn't grow up in one, it's hard to describe, but everyone knows your business. There is a saying "the good thing about small tows is even when I don't know what I'm up to, somebody else always does". And it''s true. The last time I got pulled over for a ticket, the cop was new and I didn't recognize him, but the dispatcher told him to let me off with a warning. He wanted to know if I had any relatives working there and I told him no, but I had a lot of friends. Asked him if he was new? Told him it's a small town and I had grown up and gone to school and been lifelong friends with a bunch of the guys over there.

I got this info from a person with first hand knowledge of the video. Could they have lied? It's possible. Is it probable? No.

The Clarion Ledger story is the first I have seen or heard that wlbt has "supposedly been unable to contact their source" a quote by Chris Reed. I will have to look around and see if I can find any more info on that as well. It wouldn't surprise me if that's true. WLBT has changed the source from a law enforcement source to someone close to the investigation to source. But seem unable to find it within their power to issue a retraction and/or apology to the family (which I would actually respect them for if they really did eff this up)

Ah, thanks NancyDrew. I had missed that the surveillance camera's belonged to the business next door. That explains a lot. :)

There is no link. As I said when I origially posted, we have. Quite a bit miore info we are privy to that we probably shouldn't have. It is a small town. SMALL town. If you didn't grow up in one, it's hard to describe, but everyone knows your business. There is a saying "the good thing about small tows is even when I don't know what I'm up to, somebody else always does". And it''s true. The last time I got pulled over for a ticket, the cop was new and I didn't recognize him, but the dispatcher told him to let me off with a warning. He wanted to know if I had any relatives working there and I told him no, but I had a lot of friends. Asked him if he was new? Told him it's a small town and I had grown up and gone to school and been lifelong friends with a bunch of the guys over there.

I got this info from a person with first hand knowledge of the video. Could they have lied? It's possible. Is it probable? No.

The Clarion Ledger story is the first I have seen or heard that wlbt has "supposedly been unable to contact their source" a quote by Chris Reed. I will have to look around and see if I can find any more info on that as well. It wouldn't surprise me if that's true. WLBT has changed the source from a law enforcement source to someone close to the investigation to source. But seem unable to find it within their power to issue a retraction and/or apology to the family (which I would actually respect them for if they really did eff this up)

Thank you for your reply. I may live in a small city now, but you may be surprised as to how the community groups and circle of activists can behave like a small town, rumor mill and all. One thing I understand is that such circles usually include good and bad info, mostly based on otherwise well intentioned people interpreting opinions as facts, or people jumping to conclusions.

I do want to believe that such a video exists, as it would obviously keep Linda in good health for at least that window of time. By first hand knowledge, I would have to imagine you would mean that you heard it directly from someone who saw the video or received info directly from someone else who saw the video but their relationship (detective to detective, etc) would be well understood and reasonable. I have natural suspicions of anything that would originate from the Moore family or partners.

IMO, I still think that it would make no sense to hide the video from the public if it exists, especially knowing that your town is a small town and people would be talking locally about it anyway.

Thank you for keeping us informed and keep your ear to the ground (or close to LE in this case) :cool:

This is a public board, anyone can read. You all have seen what great investigative reporting we have and I have told you numerous times that most of us are split in regards as to LGR innocence/guilt, but general consensus is her family is innocent and does not deserve this crap the media has put them through.

If I were to spell it out to where you all would believe and give you all the details I believe I would be doing the family a disservice. I also believe law enforcement kept that detail quiet. I did not hear that detail through gossip. This is through someone who actually saw that specific footage. Did they lie? It is possible that they did for "fame". But I seriously doubt it.

In regards to not releasing the info regarding the video, If you will notice, LE has not released much info at all regarding the case. Not at the beginning, nor any time since. When reporters ask questions, it is like pulling teeth to get harold Jones to answer questions and sometimes he will point blanks answer that he would rather not elaborate further because it could potentially be harmful to the investigation.

Maybe the leak was from the a Moore family member...or friend? Can you tell what other business had the survilliance tape? The big chicken processing company across the street? I first thought was you were talking about the Moore's other business near to where her vehicle was found.

Is there indeed another trailer behind their other business in Crystal Springs...and is JM (the father) still alive and married? TIA

One thing is for certain, I would love to hear more about this case.

Maybe the leak was from the a Moore family member...or friend? Can you tell what other business had the survilliance tape? The big chicken processing company across the street? I first thought was you were talking about the Moore's other business near to where her vehicle was found.

Is there indeed another trailer behind their other business in Crystal Springs...and is JM (the father) still alive and married? TIA

No-not affiliated with the Moore's. It's not the Chicken Plant. The other Moore business is several niles away. The father is still alive, I am unsure if he is married. No one lives on the property. *IF* there is a trailer it is not visible from the road, there could possibly be one inside the huge metal shop, but I really doubt it. There is a tall chain link fence W/ some type of wire at the top and several guard dogs inside

I retract my trailer statement. I sloooooowly crept past earlier today. JM's property ois rectangle-ish shaped. Lots of tree and foliage surrounding the property. His shop is white/gray and kind of L shaped. The trailer right next to the building, almost like it is an add on-or the building was actually added on. It is the woods, the fence then the building. The trailer is painted dark green and is back towards the back of the building. I have been driving past this building for over 13 years and never noticed it. I looked it up on google maps satellite view and although the picture is older (I can tell by the landscaping and cars at my neighbors) it is accurate. Does anyone know how to look up a satellite view on google maps? I can tell you where to find the shop. Also, I can tell you how to find the spot where LGR's suv was found. You will then be able to undersand why I describe it as wooded-lots of cover, yet easy to get in and out of. Secluded, but a hop, skip and a jump off the interstate or highway well hidden, yet so easy to get to.

I have to say I have been bothered by this case from the beginning. Maybe I just can't fathum how a loving daughter, mother, grandmother, wife and loyal friend could just pick up and leave everyone behind. She also was a dependable employee for many years at Moore Fabrication and prior to that had worked for the father of the owner of the business.

Her vehicle was found abandoned in a odd place and she left behind everything including her glasses and purse with the $60 she withdrew from Walmart. Why would you leave your glasses? What would be the reason for leaving you purse? There didn't appear to be any other tire tracks at the location or any sign of a struggle. IMO someone did something to her in another location then abondoned her vehicle and belongings there. This article states the findings a the scene where her vehicle was left: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79988

Inside the Envoy was Reed's purse, credit cards, and the $60 cops say she withdrew from Walmart. But that's not all they found. Inside the SUV, they found a fake tooth from a 'partial' on the seat. However, it didn't appear there was any sign of a struggle.

A short distance from the vehicle, cops found a blanket, Linda's cell phone and her reading glasses. Again, it didn't appear as if she was injured or there was a struggle with any unknown subject.

As a matter of fact, there were no tire tracks beside her own leading into the area, and canines were unable to find the scent of anyone else.

Next, we have the business she worked for that sent her to school and bought a trailer so she could live on the property. She had to be a loyal, faithful employee to do this. Could she have been to loyal? Could she have been manipulating the books all those years for the company or was she taking money for herself? The owner of the company certainly was quick to point out to the media that there were money discrepancies and point the finger in her direction. This of course then, greatly affected the search efforts because now everyone is looking at this woman like a criminal instead of a endangered person. It's amazing how a few unsubstanciated words can affect a search and investigation.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20120516/NEWS/205160349/Missing-woman-missing-money-

But since Reed went missing, Moore said he noticed discrepancies in his books.

Moore said he's worried about his future now, as he's not sure what comes next as the discrepancies are sorted out.

"My biggest concern is my daughters and their future," he said. "This is a horrible thing, not knowing what's going to happen. We're dealing with the federal government, and we don't know if we're going to end up owing back taxes. It's definitely a trial."

Moore said he and his employees are stunned at the idea that Reed could have left town after taking money, potentially over the entire time she worked for him.

I'm no accountant, but would she have been able to pull this off the entire time she worked for them? How could Mr. Moore see the descrepancies if the IRS couldn't. If you don't handle the books at your business, IMO you don't just open them up one day and see decrepancies if she was that good at it.

Then we have the media interviewing an ex-husband she married around 1974 and again around 1984. This is almost 30 and 40 years ago. I wouldn't hold a lot on what an ex-husband has to say JMO. Next, the media reports she wrote a bad check or something in 1974. Again, this was almost 40 years ago. The charge was dropped or she was put on probation depending on which media source you listen to. IMO this is irrellavant.

Finally, we have the media paint a picture that Linda Reed was found live and well living it up down in Mexico. They also state that they have a reliable source. Days go by and this turns out to be unsubstatiated.

I certainly hope she is well and soaking up the sun somewhere but I am afraid that if she really was a victim of foul play that LE and the media were dupped and this has adversely affected the search for the truth and Linda. I feel for her family and am saddened that if something happened to her this case wasn't handled properly. I am grateful at least the FBI is there to help sort out the truth.

Here is her husband speaking recently:
http://www.fox40tv.com/news/local/s...eeper-for-answers/wevnFYN9gEOKH7yGTGtJXw.cspx

I hope they have searched this area well including all those ponds.
Other family owned business, just about a mile from where her car was found.
http://binged.it/J2qSEt
http://www.manta.com/c/mmnthsf/moore...ne-welding-inc
http://binged.it/KI9DfH (thanks hollyblue, I borrowed this from her wonderful sleuthing)

Moore Fabrication company information:
http://www.manta.com/c/mmj6ml1/moore-fabrication-machine

I just can't imagine being away from my daughter and grandbabies, so it's hard for me to think she would run off.

Beginner's Luck, I felt the same way in the beginning. Actually, for a very long time. There is no amount of money great enough to make me consider leaving. There is no way in hell I would put them through this misery of the unknown. You know where their mind turnsat times-to the absolute worst. Who in the hell does that to their child? That innocent, sweet little bundle that you held in your arms all those years ago?? How can any mother do that?

That was my sticking point.
But I always look at things from my perspective and don't really like to remove my blinders and see that some people do crappy things. The points that started turning me were- the items left behind. Reading glasses-most people w/reading glasses have several spares. The tooth was from her partial. Not hard to imagine self removal of that. No struggle. No blood. Only her scent at the SUV dump site-in the car and leading from the car. Her and another vehicle @ 4 am on surveillance tape leaving Moore fabrication. (Some of you aren't too keen on that, however, I am 99% sure of the validity. If they ever crack this case, I promise I will post my source). I could overrun the board with the rumors in town-how much money is missing. Did she or didn't shave a boyfriend. Is she sitting on a beach in the Bahamas? Crazy conspiracy stuff...

I pray she is fine. If she is alive and on the run, I also pray she decides to make contact with someone and let them know she is ok. If she was abducted or she did run away, but things have somehow taken a turn for the worst, I pray her family gets closure quickly. My sympathy lies with her family right now. I would be absolutely crazy being stuck in limbo. How can you go on living without being consumed by this every single day?

Beginner's Luck, I felt the same way in the beginning. Actually, for a very long time. There is no amount of money great enough to make me consider leaving. There is no way in hell I would put them through this misery of the unknown. You know where their mind turnsat times-to the absolute worst. Who in the hell does that to their child? That innocent, sweet little bundle that you held in your arms all those years ago?? How can any mother do that?

That was my sticking point.
But I always look at things from my perspective and don't really like to remove my blinders and see that some people do crappy things. The points that started turning me were- the items left behind. Reading glasses-most people w/reading glasses have several spares. The tooth was from her partial. Not hard to imagine self removal of that. No struggle. No blood. Only her scent at the SUV dump site-in the car and leading from the car. Her and another vehicle @ 4 am on surveillance tape leaving Moore fabrication. (Some of you aren't too keen on that, however, I am 99% sure of the validity. If they ever crack this case, I promise I will post my source). I could overrun the board with the rumors in town-how much money is missing. Did she or didn't shave a boyfriend. Is she sitting on a beach in the Bahamas? Crazy conspiracy stuff...

I pray she is fine. If she is alive and on the run, I also pray she decides to make contact with someone and let them know she is ok. If she was abducted or she did run away, but things have somehow taken a turn for the worst, I pray her family gets closure quickly. My sympathy lies with her family right now. I would be absolutely crazy being stuck in limbo. How can you go on living without being consumed by this every single day?

I just looked at the husband's interview on that video...poor guy......my heart breaks for him....

Nancy Drew, what is the general feeling toward the Moores in this area, are they well known and generally thought well of?

I hope she is found alive but if she has done this all to her family to me she is lower than scum. I just can't believe she would have done this though but I am not surprised by anything anymore unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back