GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we sure Moore isn't pulling a "look there not here?"

I just looked at the husband's interview on that video...poor guy......my heart breaks for him....

Nancy Drew, what is the general feeling toward the Moores in this area, are they well known and generally thought well of?

I hope she is found alive but if she has done this all to her family to me she is lower than scum. I just can't believe she would have done this though but I am not surprised by anything anymore unfortunately.

I told you I could overrun this board with rumors and innuendo right? No one has ever mentioned them being a part of this. Everyone here looks at them as the victim as well. Initially, they were considered like family-they considered her family. When LE changed the focus of the investigation, it seemed to stun the Moore's and they are seen as a victim (of the rumored embezzlement) by much of the community. They are fairly well known, long time residents and generally well thought of.

The one thing I cannot get around at all. How does someone move her vehicle, walk away from it and back out to the road and only leave behind her scent. Not their own? THAT was the point that converted me. I live in a rural area, I am around avid hunters and understand how people douse themselves from head to toe in "no scent" products. But none of them work 100% and they all admit that. Is Bass Pro carrying a new product I need to tell my husband about, because I just can't get past that 1 sticking point..

Hey dears,

It is against WS Rules to discuss PMing in the discussion threads. This includes asking another member to PM you or telling someone to check their PMs.

It's akin to being at a dinner party, seated around the table, and whispering something into the ear of the person next to you.

Thread discussion should be kept to the facts of the case, and personal communications should be kept off-line.

:tyou:

<modsnip>. I just have tO figure out how to post the ma. It may be tomorrow. Be patient. I am not always the most techno savvy

<modsnip>. I just have tO figure out how to post the ma. It may be tomorrow. Be patient. I am not always the most techno savvy

No problem. What program is it in? You may be able to send a link if it's online. Otherwise, just save it as a jpeg and upload. If you need help, I may be able to assist. Although...I've never had anything but links and words in my posts.

Has it been mentioned if the missing money was taken over a long period of time, or was a large amount withdrawn during the last few days?

This would probably make a difference to someone's mindset - ie, long time plan being carried out, or sudden panic.

Has it been mentioned if the missing money was taken over a long period of time, or was a large amount withdrawn during the last few days?

This would probably make a difference to someone's mindset - ie, long time plan being carried out, or sudden panic.

It has never been confirmed that money is missing. That seems to be an allegation by the owners.

I told you I could overrun this board with rumors and innuendo right? No one has ever mentioned them being a part of this. Everyone here looks at them as the victim as well. Initially, they were considered like family-they considered her family. When LE changed the focus of the investigation, it seemed to stun the Moore's and they are seen as a victim (of the rumored embezzlement) by much of the community. They are fairly well known, long time residents and generally well thought of.

The one thing I cannot get around at all. How does someone move her vehicle, walk away from it and back out to the road and only leave behind her scent. Not their own? THAT was the point that converted me. I live in a rural area, I am around avid hunters and understand how people douse themselves from head to toe in "no scent" products. But none of them work 100% and they all admit that. Is Bass Pro carrying a new product I need to tell my husband about, because I just can't get past that 1 sticking point..

There are some experts here at WS that hopefully will see the post and comment on scent tracking.

Since we have been given very little information, it is hard to tell how the investigation was handled in the beginning. IMO, whenever there is a missing person and foul play is suspected, experts should be called in to handle the evidence. I don't know if this was done or local LE (small town sheriff, with little to no experience in a missing person case) handled the evience collection when the vehicle was found. Were the dogs experienced? All I know is FBI was eventually brought in.

I do find it odd, that the owner of the business, spoke out to the media about missing money before experts reviewed the books. Did the business owner know that the FBI would be looking at everything, including the books during their investigation of her disappearance and throw this statement out, to try and mislead the investigation? Did he have something to hide and wanted to place all the blame on Mrs. Reed for something that he was a part of? How convenient it would be to have her come up missing and not be able to defend herself.

At this point, we don't know if the Moores are the victims of a crime or Mrs. Reed is. We do know that the Moores are alive and safe. We don't know that Mrs. Reed is. Until it is confirmed (not by a newspaper printing a rumor) that she is ok, I would hope that the community would continue to consider the possibility that she has been the victim of foul play. Even if the community ends up feeling dupped in the end by Mrs. Reed should she turn up ok, wouldn't it be better than the opposite?

I *think* this will work. Should be 3 locations. <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=200195517231799023633.0004c18353b2eef2fd08a&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=31.966172,-90.386351&amp;spn=0.007778,0.01737&amp;t=h&amp;iwloc=0004c18353d4684341cda&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small>View <a href="https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&amp;msid=200195517231799023633.0004c18353b2eef2fd08a&amp;hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=31.966172,-90.386351&amp;spn=0.007778,0.01737&amp;t=h&amp;iwloc=0004c18353d4684341cda&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">My Saved Places</a> in a larger map</small>

One on Lake Copiah Rd which is the father's business - it is not connected to the case as far as anyone knows. Just for informational purposes.

The pinpoint on South Pat Harrison at I-55 South is where her car was left. There is a gravel area where people can pull over at the shoulder of the road (for lack of a better description. If you were looking directly through the trees, standing in that gravel shoulder, there is a road/driveway of sorts. The trees and foliage provide great cover, but you can easily drive through. That is where the crime tape is, her SUV was parked just beyond. From the aerial shot, you will notice it was very open once you passed through the "road". So, whoever drove the SUV had lots of dense foliage to provide cover, a good open spot to drop glasses, blankets, etc.

The pinpoint on Hwy 51 is Moore Fabrication where LGR worked

*omitting the curse word I really want to say.......... How do I get the dadgum map to show?? It's a google map and I used the code that it said to use for web pages and message boards.

There are some experts here at WS that hopefully will see the post and comment on scent tracking.

Since we have been given very little information, it is hard to tell how the investigation was handled in the beginning. IMO, whenever there is a missing person and foul play is suspected, experts should be called in to handle the evidence. I don't know if this was done or local LE (small town sheriff, with little to no experience in a missing person case) handled the evience collection when the vehicle was found. Were the dogs experienced? All I know is FBI was eventually brought in.

I do find it odd, that the owner of the business, spoke out to the media about missing money before experts reviewed the books. Did the business owner know that the FBI would be looking at everything, including the books during their investigation of her disappearance and throw this statement out, to try and mislead the investigation? Did he have something to hide and wanted to place all the blame on Mrs. Reed for something that he was a part of? How convenient it would be to have her come up missing and not be able to defend herself.

At this point, we don't know if the Moores are the victims of a crime or Mrs. Reed is. We do know that the Moores are alive and safe. We don't know that Mrs. Reed is. Until it is confirmed (not by a newspaper printing a rumor) that she is ok, I would hope that the community would continue to consider the possibility that she has been the victim of foul play. Even if the community ends up feeling dupped in the end by Mrs. Reed should she turn up ok, wouldn't it be better than the opposite?

Harold Jones stated that Shannon Moore had not been given permission to release those details to the media (or something to that effect). The gist of his statement was he and other LE officials knew what was up with the books and he did not want those details being released to the media yet as it could potentially harm the scope of their investigation. He wished Mr Moore had not released that detail, but what was done was done.
He has not been very forthcoming with details during the investigation. He does not give out statements very often-he made the stupidest comment the very first day (Hopefully this is a case of dementia and the lady has just wandered off.....). Since then, he has been pretty quiet on making statements.

As far as the money-i have heard a ton of rumors. The closest to the investigation I have heard is from my best friend whom I trust 100%. Yet she heard it directly from an investigator.....she feels pretty sure he's telling the truth. I don't know him so I have about 5% faith in the fact that it may possibly be true..maybe.....possibly..... The rest of the stuff I hear from some so and so's cousin's friend's brother's veterinarian's nurse's masseuse's aunt's dentist's sister......don't believe it in the least little bit. I am more in the camp that if she did go missing on her own (and I am one who is now in that camp based on some of the evidence. I was not in that camp for a very long time) anyway, I think she may have left for another man. Or, if she did embezzle, perhaps it was more of a long term, slow skim. Not a big pay day. Maybe she knew she was about to be caught yet she didn't steals the great amounts that people are speculating about. That could explain why the sheriff believes she is still alive and still in the area. He believes she ran because it doesn't add up to abduction, yet she did not steal enough to make a great escape.

There are so many theories that can be put forth. I pray she is ok and that there will be a break soon.

Her marital history has led me to conclude that a mystery man is involved. I'm just not sure how that individual is involved. They could be toasting their new lives somewhere far away. But he also could have harmed her. I will be surprised if we learn that she is alone somewhere.

After a little searching this morning, I see that Ms. Reed is not listed in NamUs. I also tried to read back on some links and found that the Clarion Ledger newspaper has removed its initial articles and they can't accessed for reference. I think that's telling.

Even if Ms. Reed left voluntarily and did not commit any financial crimes, she still has committed a crime. Staging your abduction, leaving your family in tatters, leaving your work without notice, and involving countless law enforcement officers (including the FBI)....these are not good. She had the right to leave her life if she wanted to do so...but leave a note. Make a quick call. Contact LE to let them know you are alive and ok. It doesn't take a lot to do that.

This leads me to believe that its possible she's guilty of embezzlement...and on the run with someone. I really doubt, after all these years, she would make such a dramatic exit without someone else being involved.

As far as the second vehicle seen in the surveillance video leaving at the same time as LR, has anything been said about the make and model, perhaps license plate #, of that vehicle? If so, I guess they have a reason for not releasing that information. They are being quite tight lipped it seems.

I wonder if through phone records or other sources they have tracked down another "missing" person. Does anyone local know if the family is still searching as of this weekend? I hope the family has been given peace of mind that she is safe. I noticed SM has been quiet over the last few days. The mysterious silence in this case has definately made it difficult for me to try and piece anything together. (I know it's not silent with the locals lol!)

It's very hard for me to comprehend a grandmother leaving all her family behind for greed, a man or both. It's not like we don't see stranger things happen everyday though. I am interested to see how this all plays out.

I have this personal thing with the media and the public. I find it interesting when a high profile case gets media attention through say NG as just an example, you can see SM sway in whatever direction that the reporter leads them in, whether the reporter intends to or not. People that are very vocal in the community and/or have a lot of influence can also create this effect. In a small town, could that inadvertently affect local LE's investigation? I imagine it might in some cases. Knowing that the FBI is helping investigate this and/or any other outside agency gives me some piece of mind that they will find the answers. Maybe they have the answers but they just haven't found Mrs. Reed. If they have enough information to verify that she left the area, it would be pointless to search there, even if they still haven't confirmed that she is safe.

Sorry for the jumbled sentences. I'm just thinking out loud. I don't mean any disrespect for local LE or anyone else. I should know better than to try analyze human behavior.

So I wonder what indicates to them that she's alive somewhere? She could be anywhere, maybe alive, maybe not. I wonder again if they've been able to identify the other vehicle that was reportedly seen in the video and who it belongs to. Do we know if this has been verified?

Also, her cell phone, phone numbers, her contact list, phone records, I know they would have already investigated that by now. Yet still apparently no answers. Really a mysterious case, and how terrible for this family.

(SBM)
Both Jones and Linda Reed's son Chris Sessums have said they feel Reed is alive somewhere.

But where?

(S&BBM)
Linda Reed's family doesn't believe she'd have left so many loose ends if she were just going to ride off into the sunset. Chris Reed talked about her elderly mother in Philadelphia, whom she cared for regularly, as well as her children and grandchildren, who he said she doted on.

"She goes out of her way to make sure she takes her mother to the doctor and the store and to church, and she had just taken her to visit some loved ones in the cemetery," he said. "With that many people and the kids she adores, it's impossible for us to believe she'd put her family through this. Why would she abandon her vehicle, with all the personal effects there?"
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012205310342

Also, I'm wondering about surveillance videos prior to that date LR disappeared and if anything was found there.
Can anyone shed any light on how the surveillance camera of the neighboring business would catch them leaving that morning, while the one at Moore's Fab. did not? Was there more than one way to enter/exit the property thus be out of the scope of their camera's ? More than one gate? :dunno:

I went back and didn't find where this specific link had been posted so......

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18437465/new-twist-in-linda-gale-reed-investigation
Missing woman investigation to include bookkeeping probe
"We're gonna enlist some more outside agencies to help us do some forensic examinations, book work, stuff like that," Sheriff Jones says. "I'm telling you we don't have any amount of missing money at this time. That's an avenue we're looking at. I cannot tell you right now Mrs. Reed has taken the money, left the state."

"In our investigation, things are not adding up for us the way this has all played out," he says. I can't get into why I think that because that might impede our investigation."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485
Back