GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, I'm wondering about surveillance videos prior to that date LR disappeared and if anything was found there.
Can anyone shed any light on how the surveillance camera of the neighboring business would catch them leaving that morning, while the one at Moore's Fab. did not? Was there more than one way to enter/exit the property thus be out of the scope of their camera's ? More than one gate? :dunno:

I went back and didn't find where this specific link had been posted so......

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18437465/new-twist-in-linda-gale-reed-investigation
Missing woman investigation to include bookkeeping probe

I just love that second statement highlighted there....."Something is not adding up but we can't say why."

*Sigh*

Well, gee, its obvious something is not adding up.....it's the "why" we want to hear about! LOL

I also wanted to share a bit of wisdom an older divorce lawyer shared with hubby and me one time. He said that in all his years of counsel, he noticed that a person will not leave a relationship (even a bad one), until they have something else (either real or perceived) to go to.

I think he hit the nail on the head there.

I also wanted to share a bit of wisdom an older divorce lawyer shared with hubby and me one time. He said that in all his years of counsel, he noticed that a person will not leave a relationship (even a bad one), until they have something else (either real or perceived) to go to.

I have seen that happen so many times with couples. Especially if they have been together for a long period of time.

It's hard to tell if this is the case with LR, since we know nothing about what lead to the ending of her previous marriages. Did she pick the wrong guys? Were they abusive? Did she meet someone else before divorcing the others? Since she had her own income and a place to live she shouldn't have felt trapped financially.

Quote:
Linda Reed's family doesn't believe she'd have left so many loose ends if she were just going to ride off into the sunset. Chris Reed talked about her elderly mother in Philadelphia, whom she cared for regularly, as well as her children and grandchildren, who he said she doted on.

"She goes out of her way to make sure she takes her mother to the doctor and the store and to church, and she had just taken her to visit some loved ones in the cemetery," he said. "With that many people and the kids she adores, it's impossible for us to believe she'd put her family through this. Why would she abandon her vehicle, with all the personal effects there?"

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2012205310342

This is the part that bothers me so much
I just don't get this

Could she be that horrible to not care about any of these people in her life?

I wonder if LR decided to take up dancing again. Would like to hear if there have been any witnesses to seeing her at any dance venues, nightclubs, etc., and if she may have had a regular dance partner.
Also, if there are any other missing persons in that and the surrounding area, specifically male.

Then none of this clients were independent and self validated. IMO

I have seen that happen so many times with couples. Especially if they have been together for a long period of time.

It's hard to tell if this is the case with LR, since we know nothing about what lead to the ending of her previous marriages. Did she pick the wrong guys? Were they abusive? Did she meet someone else before divorcing the others? Since she had her own income and a place to live she shouldn't have felt trapped financially.

We need to remember to look at all possibilities, imo, and that would include her own family. I'm sure the FBI is looking into that angle also. If she was taking monies....did it go to anyone else? Hard times have been seen in the past few years. Life insurance? Affair or behaviors (gambling) that were not taken lightly...or hurt their lives as well? Just speculating....

ETA: Wasn't there info provided (rumor?) that she had just sold some family property and others may have been unhappy about it? Is her mother still her home or in retirement/nursing home? TIA

I don't know if this has been asked/answered, if so I'm sorry. There was some mention on here that a sum of money is missing from the business (might have been a rumor, if so again, sorry). Is it possible that LR was going to expose who took the money and that person "stopped" her before she could do it? I have read several accounts of her being the thief but it was a family business and she doesn't seem the type. JMO

I don't know if this has been asked/answered, if so I'm sorry. There was some mention on here that a sum of money is missing from the business (might have been a rumor, if so again, sorry). Is it possible that LR was going to expose who took the money and that person "stopped" her before she could do it? I have read several accounts of her being the thief but it was a family business and she doesn't seem the type. JMO

The owner of the business stated money was missing
I don't believe that has ever been confirmed or denied by LE

I too have wondered about her finding a discrepancy
With so little information, its hard to form a solid opinion of what has happened to this lady

Quote:
Linda Reed's family doesn't believe she'd have left so many loose ends if she were just going to ride off into the sunset. Chris Reed talked about her elderly mother in Philadelphia, whom she cared for regularly, as well as her children and grandchildren, who he said she doted on.

"She goes out of her way to make sure she takes her mother to the doctor and the store and to church, and she had just taken her to visit some loved ones in the cemetery," he said. "With that many people and the kids she adores, it's impossible for us to believe she'd put her family through this. Why would she abandon her vehicle, with all the personal effects there?"

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...=2012205310342

This is the part that bothers me so much
I just don't get this

Could she be that horrible to not care about any of these people in her life?

This is why it bothers me too. It gives me the indication that this is something completely out of her character.

With no further information from family, friends, LE, I am stumped.

Then none of this clients were independent and self validated. IMO

May be. Even so, my husband has been a pastor for over 30 years. He's also been a Chaplain in the Army, the Fire Department and most recently, the County Sheriff's Department. Our current congregation has over 1200 members. I don't think I can recall one single case where one spouse left another for no one. Sometimes it was an affair, sometimes it was just the possibility of a relationship with another particular someone. But I think the old lawyer was right....people will stay where they feel safe. And many times, they will stay where they don't feel safe. That's tough to explain.

Just to be clear, this is a family business, correct? By that, I mean that the Moore family started it and likely spends the profits. I assume the business was once owned by the senior Moore man and his wife and I assume that he's retired or semi-retired and that his son runs the business now. This is extremely common.

So, if money was missing, it might cause some familial problems. If Linda knew about the missing money and spoke about it with someone, perhaps that person wanted to make sure she never talked. There could be a payoff or maybe someone did something more sinister to shut up Linda. In my opinion, you have to follow the money, and that means looking at everyone's bank account.

Even though I am not a local and do not know any of the people mentioned, including Mrs. Reed, I have wondered, from the beginning about the statements made by the co-workers the Sunday night she was last seen. They (who are they?) said Mrs. Reed stated she was going back to Walmart to get some things she did not get on the first trip. Personally, it would have to be important things for me to go back a second time, especially if I had just returned from a weekend away from the area. As the step-son stated early on, I too hope these folks were polygraphed.

I can't believe there is no new information on this case. What is going on? Anyone?

I can't believe there is no new information on this case. What is going on? Anyone?

Very frustrating. I assuming LE has much more info than they are letting out right now.

Even though I am not a local and do not know any of the people mentioned, including Mrs. Reed, I have wondered, from the beginning about the statements made by the co-workers the Sunday night she was last seen. They (who are they?) said Mrs. Reed stated she was going back to Walmart to get some things she did not get on the first trip. Personally, it would have to be important things for me to go back a second time, especially if I had just returned from a weekend away from the area. As the step-son stated early on, I too hope these folks were polygraphed.

This has always been suspicious to me. Who goes to Walmart twice in an evening, unless it's some kind of emergency or something. Something's up with this. Doesn't pass the "smell" test, if you know what I mean... I personally think there was something else going on, and it comes down to one of two situations:
- either this was an excuse LR was using for them to leave the gate unlocked, or,
-the employees claiming this are being untruthful.

Any other explanations? Much welcomed... TIA :dunno:

I tell you what surprises me: We aren't hearing anything from anyone! The family isn't saying much, the co-workers have been quiet, the boss has been quiet lately, Linda's friends have been quiet. You would think some of these folks would be willing to talk more about Linda...about where they think she could be.

Of course, LE is also quiet...and I really wish they would share a little more about what they know.

This has always been suspicious to me. Who goes to Walmart twice in an evening, unless it's some kind of emergency or something. Something's up with this. Doesn't pass the "smell" test, if you know what I mean... I personally think there was something else going on, and it comes down to one of two situations:
- either this was an excuse LR was using for them to leave the gate unlocked, or,
-the employees claiming this are being untruthful.

Any other explanations? Much welcomed... TIA :dunno:
Yep, doesn't pass my "smell test", either. Mrs. Moore, owner's wife, stated early on that Mrs. Reed is the one who always opens the gate every morning, so she has keys. If she were intending to disappear herself, why would she tell someone to leave the gate open, when she could easily unlock it herself? Perhaps so she wouldn't be seen on camera, assuming the business had cameras pointed at the gate? That doesn't make sense though because the gate was found the next morning locked from the outside, so presumably whoever locked the gate that night would be seen on camera as well. Just not buying it.

I tell you what surprises me: We aren't hearing anything from anyone! The family isn't saying much, the co-workers have been quiet, the boss has been quiet lately, Linda's friends have been quiet. You would think some of these folks would be willing to talk more about Linda...about where they think she could be.

Of course, LE is also quiet...and I really wish they would share a little more about what they know.
The quietness worries me on two fronts.

Why is her family quiet? Why aren't they pleading in the media for her to come home, let them know where she is or pleading with the public for any information about her disappearance??? Either they have a good idea of what has happened or LE has asked them not to talk.

Why is LE quiet? They are waiting on analyses from the FBI on company's books and following that trail? They don't have a clue to what happened yet? Some kind of coverup going on?

No answers, just questions.

IMO

Catching up after being out of town for a few days. The supposed money missing and the talk of both her and someone else being seen on surveillance leaving in the early morning is definitely hinky but I just don't get the feeling that this woman went on the run voluntarily. Sure, my feeling could be way off the mark but I believe someone forced her to leave. The Moore son who brought up the missing money just doesn't sit right with me. His statements were all about how this was going to affect him and his family's future. Way too convenient in my mind. I hope and pray Linda did just take off and is indeed safe. Whatever the circumstance, I hope she is found soon for her family's sake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARC1986
Back